Male HQ

Does Singaporean have a bad fashion sense?

Guest Reallynot

Guest Practical

I don't look for fashionable guy, I look for good-looking guy.  Reason very simple, if you don't have the look, you can spend millions on fashion and nobody will like you.

Guest Rebel hearts

I've youngsters in 313@somerset wear parkas, safari jackets, field jackets, bomber jackets, denim jackets with shearling collar, moto jackets, biker jackets, leather jackets, track jackets, sports jackets, blazers, even macintoshes.

It's a trend now to revolt against the climate.

i LIKE the fact that many Singaporeans dress very casually. It implies many of us do not prioritize looking good over other more important things in life - well that's from my perspective any way.

Ironically a lot of Singaporeans make fun of the way Malaysians dress. That is pretty pot calling the cock black. Singaporeans may not dress in T shirts with blingbling or garish colours, but it just doesn't make it any better.

I get the hot climate so comfy and casual rationale. But must dress appropriately when the occasion or the host calls for a certain dress code, right? I had witnessed on many occasion that many Singaporeans simply bo-chap! E.g. There was a movie premiere and invitation specify black tie, some people not even smart casual but turn up in bermudas and slippers! :doh:

I once had a conversation with an retired old Italian man in cafe in Florence long time ago. He was curious about this unfamiliar Asian guy sitting alone in their neighborhood cafe and started a conversation with me. He spoke good English! I commented that I observed everyone is so well-dressed in Italy all the time, it must take a lot of effort for everyone to do that. BTW, this old uncle was dressed simply but can tell his quality shirt and pants was clean and meticulously ironed. His reply stunned me like a vegetable..."it's being polite to the people we meet".

Since that day, I try to put in effort too.

Edited by Salt&Pepper

Too many copy cat followers who wear what they see others do but have little understanding about it and worst, the wrong body type wearing things they "think' they look good in them when it does not. Take for example the slim fit and super slim fit and you have love handles or a protruding tummy that cause your buttons and in between spreading to contain your gut. heheheh

The wrong ass shape and legs putting on a super slim fit pants.

And then you have the hipsters... so common looking clone with little creative mixing and matching but follow what they see in a magazine or what a mannequin is dressed by a display artist and they wear the same shit... worst made to wear it by their g/f or young wives.

Even then guys are not that bad, females are the worst culprit of bad dressing here heheh...

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Guest

One just have to look at how Sporeans dress when they are overseas.

The typical Singaporean will wear more than 3 different colors, and often, the 3 colors (or more) are not coordinated.

I am not even talking about style.

From far, I can easily tell who a Singaporean is amongst Asians.

No autumn and winter here to wear thick and nice layers of clothes inside to top it up with jacket and accessories how to be fashionista?

If you're handsome and fit muscular body, wear singlet and slippers people will also turn around to look at you 

I am speaking from an older uncle point of view.

Simple layering is possible. A very basic T-shirt and bermudas are good enough for casual appointments.  If you really want to be stylish, throw in a sports jacket or a track suit jacket. However make sure they do not have the worn-out look and do not suffer from heat stroke! Forget about scarf ..too hot.

Cargo pants are so out ...please don't wear them. It really looks a-pek.  Adopt a slimmer silhouette by wearing jogger pants. 

One last thing ..wear proper shoes at the appropriate times.  Leather shoes with shorts is ok. Remember to wear "hidden" socks. 

**Please reserve slippers and singlets to the beach/swimming pool.  Dressing down does not mean dressing anyhow.  This dress code is more suitable for the neighbourhood shops.

The right style is to look casually sharp.. like this advert from UNIQLO.  I recced and did some research on the net and the cost is definitely within most budget.  

160307_image_01.jpg

7 minutes ago, abang said:

Simple layering is possible. A very basic T-shirt and bermudas are good enough for casual appointments.  If you really want to be stylish, throw in a sports jacket or a track suit jacket. However make sure they do not have the worn-out look and do not suffer from heat stroke! Forget about scarf ..too hot.

Cargo pants are so out ...please don't wear them. It really looks a-pek.  Adopt a slimmer silhouette by wearing jogger pants. 

One last thing ..wear proper shoes at the appropriate times.  Leather shoes with shorts is ok. Remember to wear "hidden" socks. 

**Please reserve slippers and singlets to the beach/swimming pool.  Dressing down does not mean dressing anyhow.  This dress code is more suitable for the neighbourhood shops.

The right style is to look casually sharp.. like this advert from UNIQLO.  I recced and did some research on the net and the cost is definitely within most budget.  

Sweat pants or jogger pants out of fashion liao :mellow:

I care a lot about fashion and I like to try new stuffs but I still believe it is up to people to wear what they want to wear even though I may not agree with their choices. Also, the wide bottom trousers are more a Korean trend than here. Only people inspired by Korean fashion would wear those. And I don't see why the climate has to stop us from wearing outerwear. We do spend a lot of time in air conditioned places too so why not. Except coats are going overboard hahahha 

2 hours ago, Guest Oh really said:

Pleated wide bottom trousers is trendy to you? 

对不起,那种宽型裤不太合我老人家的口味。。暴露中年男子的粗腰,短腿等等的自命伤。

Sorry that trend of  broad/wide pants just isn't uncle's style.  It simply looks clownish for older man...perhaps young members can experiment them...

Wearing what is right for the right situation and if in doubt whatever your age, if you are not sure, keep to basic solid colors or even patterns matching,

Keep away from flashy colors that clashes or draw more attention unless you think you can carry it well. Especially if you are really overweight stick to simple colours or line patterns that are vertical to give you a slimmer outlook. Something I never understand especially fat women. There is this younger really obese females segment that are more badly coordinate  loud dressing making them more like a clown and drawing attention to their clown dressing.

Something rather neutral and a good sense of clothing tips can be seen in any Muji Store. All the clothing in there are moderately trendy, nicely coordinated selection tips that any one with little dress sense can use as a starting guide.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest topless

Look at the angmos,  many come to this part of Asia topless or scantily dressed. In Singapore,  coat and jacket only suitable inside aircon office.  Walking on the street with tie and all is so inpractical .  

Guest teatree
3 hours ago, lonely57 said:

I am the worst I guess.. Mostly wear berms and slippers even to town muahahaha.

Oh, that is very common.  I even wear like that on board flight for vacation.  

I stopped buying printed tees these days as I prefer to return to striped or solid colour tees.

MUJI has some very good choices for these tees, with a nice touch to it. (Quite different from Uniqlo)

Was following these catalogues for a while:

http://www.muji.com/jp/garment/coordinate/2016ss/men/

http://store.united-arrows.co.jp/styling/styling_list.html?sid=&y=0&m=0&izen=0&cutyid=1

Some of their summer coordinations are good.

Once in a while, I take a look at some funny coordination on the street and tell myself, "Yeah, I'm in Singapore."

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Weatherman
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM, kingbitch said:

i LIKE the fact that many Singaporeans dress very casually. It implies many of us do not prioritize looking good over other more important things in life - well that's from my perspective any way.

You think too highly of us. We dressed casually due to the equatorial weather. Period. :P

Guest Bottom
On 6/29/2016 at 11:16 PM, abang said:

Cargo pants are so out ...please don't wear them. It really looks a-pek. 

I find people wearing cargo pants very manly.  The last time I was being fucked by a guy wearing cargo pants, rough and very sensual.  Those who look too stylist might be sissy for my taste. I think to each his own gua?  Everyone has their own preference, some like to judge others, those being judged probably has their own fan of fetish.  This is a very diverse world, stop putting color on your lens and you will see beauty everywhere.  By the way, the guy wearing cargo pants whom I sucked is a very handsome and manly uncle too.

Guest Hot pants

navy-double-breasted-jacket-cargo-pants-

tumblr_mdl0uk6pay1r7moa7o1_500.jpg

b7721c3d5139089488fa3ac826737b02.jpg

Tru-Trussardi-Fall-Winter-2015-2016-Men%

On 4 July 2016 at 8:11 AM, Guest Bottom said:

I find people wearing cargo pants very manly.  The last time I was being fucked by a guy wearing cargo pants, rough and very sensual.  Those who look too stylist might be sissy for my taste. I think to each his own gua?  Everyone has their own preference, some like to judge others, those being judged probably has their own fan of fetish.  This is a very diverse world, stop putting color on your lens and you will see beauty everywhere.  By the way, the guy wearing cargo pants whom I sucked is a very handsome and manly uncle too.

On ‎29‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, abang said:

Didn't know abang know the limits of when to don a slipper, many youngsters don't
We need more of such seniors around!

"Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time.” Jean Cocteau 1856 – 1950 ( French writer, designer, playwright, artist and filmmaker)
but nothing can be even uglier than the behaviours of some

I see so many who are into wearing Slim Fit Cut shirts but most should be wearing FAT FIT Cut shirts. :)  or Pot Belly Fit Cut.   heheh

If yandao, wear what also yandao

If ugly, need to wear branded then people will look at your clothings

If average, need some good fashion to enhance the bods and features well

With the weather like this, which idiot would want to dress up in layers?

Firstly, you don't miraculously look fashionable even if you copy the all styles in any fashion magazines. Nice clothes can only help so much if you do not have the body for it. The main reason people look like shit is because their clothes do not fit them at all. They are either too fat or too skinny and often they wear clothes that are 2 sizes too big or small. This is the same reason why good looking people with athletic body look amazing even with a simple tee and jeans. My advise, invest time and money in your body first rather than expensive clothing.

Secondly, fashion is very subjective and regional. When I was in Tokyo and Seoul, the guys there have an unorthodox sense of fashion. They would wear something that is considered ridiculous in Singapore but highly sought after trends in their cities. Again, we would think guys who use cosmetic look horrible and feminine but the general population in Korea and Japan would disagree.

Guest Who ar
2 hours ago, upshot said:

I see so many who are into wearing Slim Fit Cut shirts but most should be wearing FAT FIT Cut shirts. :)  or Pot Belly Fit Cut.   heheh

Pot belly cut fit? You mean MAMA FIT??? For pregnant ladies lol

1 hour ago, Angelix said:

With the weather like this, which idiot would want to dress up in layers?

Firstly, you don't miraculously look fashionable even if you copy the all styles in any fashion magazines. Nice clothes can only help so much if you do not have the body for it. The main reason people look like shit is because their clothes do not fit them at all. They are either too fat or too skinny and often they wear clothes that are 2 sizes too big or small. This is the same reason why good looking people with athletic body look amazing even with a simple tee and jeans. My advise, invest time and money in your body first rather than expensive clothing.

Secondly, fashion is very subjective and regional. When I was in Tokyo and Seoul, the guys there have an unorthodox sense of fashion. They would wear something that is considered ridiculous in Singapore but highly sought after trends in their cities. Again, we would think guys who use cosmetic look horrible and feminine but the general population in Korea and Japan would disagree.

They got so many "trends" i don't think any is highly sought after. They are all very unique and different!

I wish it was colder here so can wear nicer style clothes.

My impression is too many gay bois in Singapore think gym gear is a fashion statement. Maybe they think potential cruise candidates will think they are sporty. But flip flops is a dead giveaway.

On ‎15‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, Traveler said:

I wish it was colder here so can wear nicer style clothes.

My impression is too many gay bois in Singapore think gym gear is a fashion statement. Maybe they think potential cruise candidates will think they are sporty. But flip flops is a dead giveaway.

I agree with you

gym gear is an uniform for gym just like some co.s require you wear a uniform , a must if  u r to work there and just like a school that required uniform
and to add on : gym gear or "exercise-wear" include such singlets from Bangkok etc

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/READY-STOCK-LOCAL-DELIVERY-BINTANG-COKE-HEINEKEN-REDBULL-SINGHA/412107718
Some say 75baht : http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/redbull-singlets-3151641.html
https://sg.carousell.com/p/30777893/

Wear
beer apparels if  u wanna look like a tourist in bkk:

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/visit/10-easy-ways-look-tourist-bangkok-109549/

Guest guest
2 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

I agree with you

gym gear is an uniform for gym just like some co.s require you wear a uniform , a must if  u r to work there and just like a school that required uniform
and to add on : gym gear or "exercise-wear" include such singlets from Bangkok etc

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/READY-STOCK-LOCAL-DELIVERY-BINTANG-COKE-HEINEKEN-REDBULL-SINGHA/412107718
Some say 75baht : http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/redbull-singlets-3151641.html
https://sg.carousell.com/p/30777893/

Wear
beer apparels if  u wanna look like a tourist in bkk:

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/visit/10-easy-ways-look-tourist-bangkok-109549/

@lovehandle why u forever so long winded?  Everytime must talk till the cow come home 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.