Male HQ

My Favourite Eggs Tarts

Tak Po

tak po egg tarts singpore

As an extension of the Tak Po Dim Sum restaurant in Chinatown, much like Crystal Jade, this quaint little establishment sells pastries in a conjoined shop. For $1.10, we sat in the shade of this rather humble but charming shop and bit into the sweet, wobbly goodness that melts quite beautifully with the flaky outer skin.

Tak Po HK Dim Sum Restaurant: 42 Smith Street, Singapore 058954 | Monday to Sunday 0700-2230 | Tel: 6225 0302 | Website

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

8 Tarts N Pastries

8 tarts n pastries singapore egg tart

Selling authentically traditional Hong Kong pastries, the egg tarts that 8 Tarts N Pastries sells does not stray from the genuine kind of egg tarts found in Hong Kong. The egg tarts from this store are fragrant and have a soft pastry texture that compliments the velvety egg-ccustard filling.

8 Tarts N Pastries: Vivo Citty, 1 Harbourfront Walk, #B2-K4 Singapore 098585 |Tel: 6276 0915 | Monday to Sunday 1000-2200 | Website

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

ethan likes tarts?
but if possible, I would only choose crystal jade, eggwhite tarts, u tried it?
nothing beats my favourite tong heng (nothing!)
theirs are of this rhombus shape
https://www.facebook.com/tongheng.sg/

and it is quite ex to a "commoner" , its prices has been rising esp the coconut egg tart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eggtart-pic.jpg

7 hours ago, lovehandle said:

ethan likes tarts?
but if possible, I would only choose crystal jade, eggwhite tarts, u tried it?
nothing beats my favourite tong heng (nothing!)
theirs are of this rhombus shape
https://www.facebook.com/tongheng.sg/

and it is quite ex to a "commoner" , its prices has been rising esp the coconut egg tart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eggtart-pic.jpg

yes, I love egg tarts. Had tried many from different brands. :lol:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Ng Kim Lee

Ng-Kim-Lee-Egg-Tarts singapore&

Ng Kim Lee Confectionery is an old school bakery near Beauty World Shopping Centre that sells both Westernized cakes and Teochew-style pastries like custard puffs and of course, egg tarts. Their diamond-shaped egg tarts ($0.80) come with a more biscuit-like texture than the traditional egg tarts. This harder outer layer brings a nice balance to the jelly-like custard filling, which is also not overwhelmingly sweet.

Ng Kim Lee Confectionery: 4 Chun Tin Road, Singapore 599591 | Tel: 6466 3515 | Monday to Saturday 0900-2100, Sunday 0900-1300

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Tiong Bahru Galicier Pastry

tiong bahru galicier egg tarts singapore

Among the many egg tarts we tried, the egg tarts from this pastry shop remained one of the most eccentric. The egg tart ($0.90) was rather delectable, with its hard biscuit-like pastry texture and its gelatinous yellow filling. This egg tart also somehow managed to make me feel nostalgic about the tarts sold in my primary school canteen years ago.

Tiong Bahru Galicier Pastry: Blk 55 Tiong Bahru Rd #01-39, Singapore 160055 | Tel: 6324 1686 | Tuesday to Sunday 1000-2030, Closed on Mondays

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Madeleine’s Original Portugese Egg tart

madeleine-original-egg-tart-along-tanjong-katong-road-01

Now, for a change of scene, I thought it was good to add Madeleine’s Original Egg Tart to this list, simply because their Portugese egg tarts are fantastic. I’m more of a hardcore fan of the original Cantonese-style egg tart but when I tried the Portugese egg tarts from this place, I understood why many adored this particular pastry. The Portugese egg tart from Madeleine’s is almost similar to a Crème brûlée, with its charred caramelized top and creamy centre. The sides are rather flaky but the crisp texture is top notch.

Madeleine’s Original Egg Tart Pte Ltd: 198 Tanjong Katong Rd, Singapore 436997 | Tel: 6247 9363 | Monday to Sunday 0800-2000 

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Balmoral Bakery

balmoral bakery egg tarts singapore

Balmoral Bakery is an old-school bakery that churns out various types of pastries, ranging from custard puffs to pandan cake and their egg tarts are definitely worth a mention. While most egg tarts’ fillings are usually relatively firm, the egg- custard filling of the Balmoral Bakery egg tart is slightly more runny. This smooth, soft texture is balanced out nicely with the pastry.

Balmoral Bakery: 105 Clementi Street 12, Singapore 120105 | Tel: 6779 2064| Monday to Sunday 0900-2000

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Tai Chong Kok Confectionery

tai chong best egg tarts singapore

The egg-custard of Tai Chong Kok’s egg tarts are very silky and slightly runny, and they go very nicely with the soft and buttery pastry. A very scrumptious pastry that would make for a lovely afternoon snack.

Tai Chong Kok Confectionery Outlet: 34 Sago Street, Singapore 059026 | Tel: 6227 5701 | Monday 0930-1800, Tuesday to Sunday 0930-2000

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

21 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

Tai Chong Kok Confectionery

The egg-custard of Tai Chong Kok’s egg tarts are very silky and slightly runny, and they go very nicely with the soft and buttery pastry. A very scrumptious pastry that would make for a lovely afternoon snack.

Tai Chong Kok Confectionery Outlet: 34 Sago Street, Singapore 059026 | Tel: 6227 5701 | Monday 0930-1800, Tuesday to Sunday 0930-2000

sorry but still looked thick (crust)

Dona Manis Cake Shop

Dona Manis egg tarts singapore

The egg tart from Dona Manis has a delicate, buttery crust coupled with a silky soft egg-custard filling. While this confectionery shop is better known for its other pastries like banana-walnut cake, the egg tarts from this place should not be a miss!

Dona Manis Cake Shop: 865 Mountbatten Road, #b1-93, Katong Shopping Centre, Singapore 437844 I Tel: 6440 7688 I Monday to Saturday 1030

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Leung Sang Hong Kong Pastries

leong sang best egg tarts singapore

Optimized-SAM_2439

It was remarkably easy to locate this confectionery shop and my initial fears of getting lost in Tiong Bahru in search of this gem of an egg tart were quickly dissipated. The egg tart ($1.20) from this store could potentially be the best egg tart I’ve had in a long while due to its thick, smooth custard filling. The filling did not have an overwhelming eggy flavour and the pastry was soft and flaky to a good extent. Definitely worth a try.

Leung Sang Hong Kong Pastries: 18 Jalan Membina, #01-06 Singapore 164018 | Monday to Sunday 0730-1600 

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Tong Heng Confectionery

tong heng-6235

tong heng best egg tarts singapore

Tong Heng Confectionery has wriggled its way to the top of the Egg Tart food chain scene in Singapore and almost any egg-tart lover would have at least heard of this confectionery shop. Situated in the heart of China Town, Tong Heng and the diamond egg tarts ($1.60) they sell have become one of my most frequented stores. The egg tarts have a slighly flaky but still hard texture with an almost jelly-like, candied egg-custard filling. Simply delicious.

Tong Heng Confectionery: 285 South Bridge Rd, Singapore 058833 | Tel:6223 3649 | Monday to Sunday 0900-2200 | Facebook Page

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Chin Mee Chin Confectionery

chin mee chin best egg tarts singapore

The egg tart from Chin Mee Chin Confectionery is slightly different from the typical Cantonese egg tart, with its crispy crust and beautiful yellow centre. The pastry was not too sweet and had just the right amount of eggy flavour.  To top things off, Chin Mee Chin is relatively groovy for the store’s design is reminiscent of retro food shops back in the 80s.

Chin Mee Chin Confectionery: 204 East Coast Road Singapore 428903 | Tel: 6345 0419 | Tuesday to Sunday 0830-1600, Closed on Mondays 

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.