Male HQ

NEWS-Police officers searching area surrounding Standard Chartered bank in Holland Village after suspected robbery

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

What has Singapore become ?

Police officers searching area surrounding Standard Chartered bank in Holland Village after suspected robbery

1 of 6PreviousNext
dummy.gif
Police seen outside the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7).Police seen outside the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7). ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG
The area surrounding the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village seen cordoned off on Thursday (July 7).The area surrounding the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village seen cordoned off on Thursday (July 7). PHOTO: ST READER
As many as 10 Police cars were spotted in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7).As many as 10 Police cars were spotted in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7). PHOTO: ST READER
Police seen near the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7).Police seen near the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7). PHOTO: ST READER
The area surrounding the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village seen cordoned off on Thursday (July 7).The area surrounding the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village seen cordoned off on Thursday (July 7). PHOTO: ST READER

SINGAPORE - A suspected robbery took place at the Standard Chartered bank branch in Holland Village on Thursday (July 7) afternoon, with police officers cordoning off the area from the public. 

A customer at the Citibank next door told The Straits Times she saw as many as 10 police cars and two police vans. 

Police officers in bulletproof vests and equipped with shields were also seen, said the customer, who declined to be named.

edX
Ads by Rubicon Project

The area surrounding the bank was cordoned off, she added.

A team of police officers on foot were seen looking for a suspect. They also checked inside rubbish bins along Jalan Rumia. 

The Straits Times understands that a single suspect was involved. 

Twitter user Travers Tan, who was having lunch nearby, said he overheard bystanders claiming that the bank had been robbed. 

In response to queries, a police spokesman confirmed that a report was lodged over an incident in the area. No injuries were reported.

Police investigations are ongoing.

Guest Sheep cloaked wolf
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

First,  Indian go riot. 

Now, angmoh go rob bank. 

What the hell is this country becoming? 

Starting from religious charity leaders laundering money and perpetuating hate, and NUS law lecturer receiving bribes from student, this country has long gone to the dogs.

Guest Guest
23 minutes ago, Guest Sheep cloaked wolf said:

Starting from religious charity leaders laundering money and perpetuating hate, and NUS law lecturer receiving bribes from student, this country has long gone to the dogs.

Actually, NUS law lecturer has had his conviction overturned after his jail term. He was most likely another victim of the political matters as he was too outspoken against you-know-who. 

Guest wau lau

"the Caucasian suspect went up to a female teller at around 11.25am and slipped her a piece of paper, demanding an unknown sum of money. How he threatened the teller, who is under the age of 30, is unclear, but the suspect did not brandish a weapon"

so easy...wah lau...like going to Teller to draw money

Guest Guest

The security guard not around ? No hidden alarm in the bank ? No secret code or action to alert other staff ? ....of course , I forgotten how stupid and complecent this stupid generation of management can be ! Having an open

concept of having no barrier between

customers and staff who handle cash related activity is already compromising safety , I have always believe having some sort of shoot proof glass panel at counters is safer .  

With cutting manpower in job markets as a fashionable style these days in the world  

causing many jobless people meant more  crime rates ......

Guest No need
1 hour ago, Guest wau lau said:

"the Caucasian suspect went up to a female teller at around 11.25am and slipped her a piece of paper, demanding an unknown sum of money. How he threatened the teller, who is under the age of 30, is unclear, but the suspect did not brandish a weapon"

No security guard.

No alarm

No bullet proof barrier

So, robber no need to use weapon.

Guest Guest

Teller : Good Morning Sir

Robber : Yes, see this withdrawal slip

Teller : That amount errrh....u need to write your account number

Robber : No have

Teller : U mean.... ... I scare

Robber: have or not

Teller : OK OK... have

Robber : .....did not count...Thanks you.

Teller :....eehhhh no problem....thinking...... ( not my money wat.....)

Robber : bye.....

Could it be like that the above ?

48 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Teller : Good Morning Sir

Robber : Yes, see this withdrawal slip

Teller : That amount errrh....u need to write your account number

Robber : No have

Teller : U mean.... ... I scare

Robber: have or not

Teller : OK OK... have

Robber : .....did not count...Thanks you.

Teller :....eehhhh no problem....thinking...... ( not my money wat.....)

Robber : bye.....

Could it be like that the above ?

Nah I believe it's like this:

Teller: Hi Good Morning

Robber: *Slip paper indicating if teller wishes to have half day off from work*

Teller: *Nod*

Robber: *Slip paper demanding 30k in exchange*

Teller: Here you go sir =D

Robber: Thank you and enjoy your day. 

Guest TNSK

2 hours ago, Guest wau lau said:

Go teller draw money still need atm card and pin number, this one easier.

AMDK can do anything they want, security guard probably old uncle or went for lunch with the Citibank security guard.

During a robbery in Holland Village, Singapore , the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank: "Don't move. The money belongs to the State. Your life belongs to you.

"Everyone in the bank laid down quietly. This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.

When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her: "Please be civilized! This is a robbery and not a rape!

"This is called "Being Professional” Focus only on what you are trained to do!

When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA-trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school): "Big brother, let's count how much we got.

"The older robber rebutted and said: "You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!

"This is called "Experience.” Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!

After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the supervisor said to him: "Wait! Let us take out $10 million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the $70 million that we have previously embezzled from the bank”.

This is called "Swim with the tide.” Converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!

The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a robbery every month."

This is called "Killing Boredom.” Personal Happiness is more important than your job.

The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count $20 million. The robbers were very angry and complained: "We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to be a thief!"

This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold!"

The bank manager was smiling and happy because his losses in the share market are now covered by this robbery.

This is called "Seizing the opportunity.” Daring to take risks!
Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest AMDK lan
50 minutes ago, Guest Mee said:

Nah I believe it's like this:

Teller: Hi Good Morning

Teller: *Nod*

Robber: *Slip paper demanding 30k in exchange*

Teller: Here you go sir =D

Robber: Thank you and enjoy your day. 

maybe is like this :

Teller: Hi Good Morning SIR !!!

Teller: *Nod* but what you have

Robber: *Slip paper demanding 30k in exchange* and AMDK...u want ?

Teller: Here you go sir =D...sure....I want...cya later too...

Robber: Thank you CHIO BU.......and enjoy your day. 

Guest Chay BO Liao

wow lau ....since Dec 10, 2004 robbery case ...SUSPECT STILL AT LARGE

Bank robberies rare in Singapore

At least seven security cameras covered every angle of the West Coast Drive POSBbranch, but there was no guard on duty when an armed robber walked in on Dec 10, 2004, and left with $37,000.At least seven security cameras covered every angle of the West Coast Drive POSBbranch, but there was no guard on duty when an armed robber walked in on Dec 10, 2004, and left with $37,000.PHOTO: ST FILE

Bank robberies are rare in Singapore, with the last one taking place more than a decade ago.

On Dec 10, 2004, a man armed with a fruit knife walked into a POSB branch at Block 501, West Coast Drive, near closing time and made off with $37,000.

The lone robber, who wore a surgical mask, sunglasses and a hooded raincoat, entered the bank carrying a wooden plank, which he calmly placed across the door handles.

He then grabbed a woman being served at one of the four counters and held the knife to her neck. He ordered the staff to hand over the money, shouting: "Give me the money!"

He placed the $37,000 in a red plastic bag and dashed out, locking staff in by jamming the door with the plank. In the process of fleeing, he dropped the fruit knife near the door.

Nine women - six employees and three customers - were inside the bank at that time. They were not injured.

No security guard was in the bank when the robbery occurred, even though one was supposed to be on duty.

The suspect is still at large.

There have been a very small number of attempted bank robberies since then.

A person convicted of robbery can be punished with a jail term of between two and 10 years and caning. If he was armed with a deadly weapon, the offender will get at least 12 strokes of the cane added. The use or attempted use of a gun carries the death penalty

Guest AMDK

Teller :  Good Morning SIR

AngMo :  Ta Chiang  ( see paper ) he pointed

Teller : But You have no GXX

AngMo : See paper ,it says...... AMDK

Teller : Ok,.... I scare...thinking..... ( AMDK )...dun pray play

Angmo : quick la, buay tahan liao

Teller : here u go.... cheers

Mat Selamat all over again.

Search forests, search Holland V area and protect nearby atas schools, but never search his home and check his friends/relatives.

Either he is in Singapore or he is out of Singapore!

mas_selamat.jpg

Edited by Vometra

Guest prime
22 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Bank teller might be in cahoot with the ang moh robber.

Complied so tamely!!

Since robber not holding weapon, can't she shout or just walk away?  She is a prime suspect and her behaviour is worst than a grandma or a three years old.  

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The security guard not around ? No hidden alarm in the bank ? No secret code or action to alert other staff ? ....of course , I forgotten how stupid and complecent this stupid generation of management can be ! Having an open

concept of having no barrier between

customers and staff who handle cash related activity is already compromising safety , I have always believe having some sort of shoot proof glass panel at counters is safer .  

With cutting manpower in job markets as a fashionable style these days in the world  

causing many jobless people meant more  crime rates ......

With foreigners from a certain country coming over, shtter proof hlass is a gd idea.

3 hours ago, Guest Chay BO Liao said:

wow lau ....since Dec 10, 2004 robbery case ...SUSPECT STILL AT LARGE

Bank robberies rare in Singapore

At least seven security cameras covered every angle of the West Coast Drive POSBbranch, but there was no guard on duty when an armed robber walked in on Dec 10, 2004, and left with $37,000.At least seven security cameras covered every angle of the West Coast Drive POSBbranch, but there was no guard on duty when an armed robber walked in on Dec 10, 2004, and left with $37,000.PHOTO: ST FILE

Bank robberies are rare in Singapore, with the last one taking place more than a decade ago.

On Dec 10, 2004, a man armed with a fruit knife walked into a POSB branch at Block 501, West Coast Drive, near closing time and made off with $37,000.

The lone robber, who wore a surgical mask, sunglasses and a hooded raincoat, entered the bank carrying a wooden plank, which he calmly placed across the door handles.

He then grabbed a woman being served at one of the four counters and held the knife to her neck. He ordered the staff to hand over the money, shouting: "Give me the money!"

He placed the $37,000 in a red plastic bag and dashed out, locking staff in by jamming the door with the plank. In the process of fleeing, he dropped the fruit knife near the door.

Nine women - six employees and three customers - were inside the bank at that time. They were not injured.

No security guard was in the bank when the robbery occurred, even though one was supposed to be on duty.

The suspect is still at large.

There have been a very small number of attempted bank robberies since then.

A person convicted of robbery can be punished with a jail term of between two and 10 years and caning. If he was armed with a deadly weapon, the offender will get at least 12 strokes of the cane added. The use or attempted use of a gun carries the death penalty

Why? 10 years later, the same security guard still lim kopi issit?

15 minutes ago, Guest prime said:

Since robber not holding weapon, can't she shout or just walk away?  She is a prime suspect and her behaviour is worst than a grandma or a three years old.  

Grandma n 3 years old wont get to fuck with amdk. She prob got away with tt? Lol

Anyone got pic of amdk?

Hansum bo?

Guest Teatree

The robber walked out of the bank without raising any alarm because the bank teller did nothing beside handing the cash to the robber.  Even if the security guard was there, he may not be aware that there was a robbery taking place.  The teller has to come clean and explains as to why she acted this way since she was not threatened by a weapon? Why she raised the alarm only after the robber has left the bank? 

Cos the teller uses love to handle the robber.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 08/07/2016 at 2:46 PM, FluteGuan said:

With foreigners from a certain country coming over, shtter proof hlass is a gd idea.

Which particular country?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 08/07/2016 at 2:46 PM, FluteGuan said:

7 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

你当我说谁呀你?!? 啥问题吗!

U worry they will shit there and throw it at the teller?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 08/07/2016 at 2:53 PM, FluteGuan said:

Grandma n 3 years old wont get to fuck with amdk. She prob got away with tt? Lol

Anyone got pic of amdk?

Hansum bo?

amdkmustardpants.jpg

36 minutes ago, nixorn said:

Maybe the teller was daydreaming like this....haha. Angmo robber right?

Can skip to 1min of the clip. 

Nix jj so 淘气。

Anyway jgl looks part asian.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, Guest Brobber said:

Wah, now we importing talented foreign bank robber, can rob a bank with piece of paper. He threaten the teller with paper cuts eh? 

Maybe the teller also foreign talent? :D

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, nixorn said:

Maybe the teller was daydreaming like this....haha. Angmo robber right?

Can skip to 1min of the clip. 

Or maybe the Angmo do this:

13606468_1430764640271853_43278110580255

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest ADMK - i hv weapon

“I have a weapon”, robber warns StanChart teller to loot $30,000

July 9, 2016
13620107_10153712255832644_9416673111729

Standard Chartered bank’s Holland Village branch was robbed on July 7 morning at about 11.25am, and according to Shin Min Daily News this was the note the robber handed to the bank teller before she quickly handed him $30,000.

From the various reports in the newspapers and social media, it is established that the suspect is is a tall, skinny, Ang Moh Australian who was wearing a grey hoodie and mustard-coloured pants. There were no security at the bank when the robbery occurred.

Since the robbery, most banks in the Holland Village area have beefed up their security. It is unclear why the banks in the area chose not to invest in good security before the robbery. It could be because of a false sense of security since bank robberies in Singapore are almost unheard off.

Or it could be because of cost cutting measures.

The Business Times reported in March 2016 that Singapore banks are in for tough times in 2016.

StanChart had said to the reporters at that time that it had provided for 0.7 time of bad loans, after including collateral value.

Guest Joker
1 hour ago, Guest ADMK - i hv weapon said:

It is unclear why the banks in the area chose not to invest in good security before the robbery. It could be because of a false sense of security since bank robberies in Singapore are almost unheard off.

Or it could be because of cost cutting measures.

Is this a joke? Can anyone seriously trust this banking institution? 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, abang said:

This supposingly Ang-mo robber is quite desperate.

SGD 30 000 isn't worth the effort to rob the bank and later, strokes of cane and a long-term imprisonment.

not all amdk got class lor....there are also cheapskate one.........the disturbing fact is the police have wasted the golden 72 hour to hunt down the robbers, could the robbers have already fled the country by disguising as a chabo from woodland checkpoint, oops remind us of mas selamat...

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, abang said:

This supposingly Ang-mo robber is quite desperate.

SGD 30 000 isn't worth the effort to rob the bank and later, strokes of cane and a long-term imprisonment.

HOw come haven't caught anyone yet?

It has been a few days already.

The robber for west coast posb in 2004 still not arrested too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic