Male HQ

BEST FOOD @ SINGAPORE

Share the places... that you think... sells the best food in Singapore.

E.g. Wanton Mee... amk

Hokkien Mee... serangoon garden etc.

Compulsory to add the following in your post.

1. Take a photo.

2. Write a review about it.

3. What does it sell?

4. Address and Price?

Optional:

1. How to go?

Lets start the ball rolling! =)

Weng Huat Carrot Cake
209 Hougang Street 21 #01-58
Kovan Hougang Market & Food Centre
Singapore 530209

Imo, Weng Huat is the best fried carrot cake stall in Hougang. It is not too oily and tastes great.

I prefer the black one. I always ask for an extra egg plus more chai-po, and it only costs $3.

13709992_1634018176894374_75956694638468

Edited by jcho

2 hours ago, jcho said:

Weng Huat Carrot Cake
209 Hougang Street 21 #01-58
Kovan Hougang Market & Food Centre
Singapore 530209

Imo, Weng Huat is the best fried carrot cake stall in Hougang. It is not too oily and tastes great.

I prefer the black one. I always ask for an extra egg plus more chai-po, and it only costs $3.

13709992_1634018176894374_75956694638468

Yes totally agreed with jcho. :thumb: Must check it out. :thumb::thumb:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Sin Heng Kee Porridge

685 Hougang Street 61
#01-150

Singapore 530685

Website: https://www.facebook.com/Sin-Heng-Kee-Porridge-205928302775833/

Sin Heng Kee is my favourite porridge stall in Hougang. Besides selling more than 20 different kinds of porridge, they also sell a variety of bean curd and drinks. The porridge tastes good, price is reasonable and stall has many good reviews.

Reviews: http://www.burpple.com/sin-heng-kee-porridge

Edited by jcho

12 hours ago, jcho said:

Sin Heng Kee Porridge

685 Hougang Street 61
#01-150

Singapore 530685

Website: https://www.facebook.com/Sin-Heng-Kee-Porridge-205928302775833/

Sin Heng Kee is my favourite porridge stall in Hougang. Besides selling more than 20 different kinds of porridge, they also sell a variety of bean curd and drinks. The porridge tastes good, price is reasonable and stall has many good reviews.

Reviews: http://www.burpple.com/sin-heng-kee-porridge

Yes. I totally agreed. My parents love their porridge and I will buy for them to eat. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

it s shocking that there are other good chwee kueh in Sg, I vomited after eating once at a foodcourt...

there is no chwee kueh ie good enough except one

For local commoner cheap food (a bak chang at least costs from $3) w strong 虾米,and not just cheap chaipo to make it salty
http://www.springtomorrow.com/2014/07/10/jian-bo-shui-kueh-楗柏水粿-tiong-bahru-market-the-best-chwee-kueh-in-singapore/
http://ieatishootipost.sg/jian-bo-shui-kweh-everyone-line-up-please-tiong-bahru-market-part-1-of-6/
https://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/jian-bo-shui-kueh-singapore-4

egg tarts will be : Tong  Heng

the above recommendations are definitely best in sg and in the world!

Cheap and good pasta goes to: https://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/creation-singapore

Guest guest
3 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

it s shocking that there are other good chwee kueh in Sg, I vomited after eating once at a foodcourt...

there is no chwee kueh ie good enough except one

For local commoner cheap food (a bak chang at least costs from $3) w strong 虾米,and not just cheap chaipo to make it salty
http://www.springtomorrow.com/2014/07/10/jian-bo-shui-kueh-楗柏水粿-tiong-bahru-market-the-best-chwee-kueh-in-singapore/
http://ieatishootipost.sg/jian-bo-shui-kweh-everyone-line-up-please-tiong-bahru-market-part-1-of-6/
https://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/jian-bo-shui-kueh-singapore-4

egg tarts will be : Tong  Heng

the above recommendations are definitely best in sg and in the world!

Cheap and good pasta goes to: https://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/creation-singapore

@lovehandle chwee Kway for u too cheap that y u vomit!!!  Remember u ATAS ppl looking down on poor ppl!!!

2 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

If u like peranakan kuehs, you must check it out this shop. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

http://peranakankhek.tumblr.com/

Must order kueh bingka ubi ($2 a piece, $18 a loaf & $48 a 9-inch round cake).

My Favourite is ang ku kueh ($2.20 each).

ethan

hvent tried the one at lavender as mentioned by u,

I like bengawan solo cos of its convenience + all time consistency except on its pricing! lol

if not kuehs from opposite Queensway shopping centre, anyone know the place?

AH HOCK FRIED HOKKIEN MEE

Price Range: $3 $4 $5

*waiting time to be around 1 hour if you are there at 7pm.

*waiting time to be around 15 to 30 minutes if you are theee at 6 or 6.30pm.

Super nice and definitely worth the waiting time. Since you are there queueing for this for 1 hour, might as well order a 5 bucks to treat urself better for the wait.

Make sure you dont miss their chilli paste... they give you a whole new world on fried hokkien mee! Cheers.

FB_IMG_1468742879994.jpg

RASA SAYANG WESTERN FOOD

Price Range: $3 to $15 depends on what you ordered.

Recommended items:

Fish and Chips

Chicken chop

Chicken cutlet

Worthy meal at a cost of $5.50... as seen in the picture. As usual... waiting time are expected to be long.

Opens at 5pm till late night... they do not open in the day so beware of it.

FB_IMG_1468742813250.jpg

FRIED CARROT CAKE (BLACK VS WHITE)

ps - i forgot the shop name

(Opposite the Ah Hock Fried Hokkien Mee)

They sells orh jian and oyster omellette also... so make sure you order them as well! =)

Price range $3 to $10 depends on what you ordered.

When you are wondering to choose whether black or white carrot cake... you can opt for the black and white together version... try it out! =)

FB_IMG_1468742852473.jpg

1 hour ago, jcho said:

Chomp Chomp Food Centre

20 Kensington Park Road
Singapore 557269

Further to what @RoyalSamuel has recommended, the sambal stingray is a must try.

Reviews: http://www.burpple.com/chomp-chomp-food-centre/reviews

There are quite a few of Sambal Stingray shops around there.... 

But my family always order from the stall opposite Satay Bee Hoon, oh yes, their Satay bee Hoon must try also... BUT.... they have increased their prices drastically over the years, one plate is $5. So if you are rich, order it! =)

Back to the Sting Ray, yeah order from opposite the satay bee hoon, near the entrance of chomp chomp, some may suggest the LucyXX something stall de, but cuz my parents like to order from the main entrance one so bo bian, lol... but so far never disappoint me, so you guys can give it a try also!

And.... sidetrack one more time.... MY DESSERT SHOP at Chomp Chomp closed down, my dad wanted to buy dessert for me but dont have this is soooooo sad and angryyyyyyyyyy! =,(

CHOMP CHOMP, the wanton mee at the back also very nice, but their chilli can make me cry, so less chilli please. 

good char kway teow at :

Located in the corner of Wei Xuan Eating House, Meng Kee Fried Kway Teow is helmed by a 30-ish female Chef. Apparently she is the second generation who inherited the skill from her father, the founder of Meng Kee Fried Kway Teow.
no queues usu!
Blk 22, Havelock Road Kopitiam
Beo Crescent
Mon to Sat 10.30am to 7pm
Sundays Close

http://ieatishootipost.sg/meng-kee-char-kway-teow-a-char-kway-teow-thats-worth-the-calories/
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/meng_kee_fried_kway_teow/

Edited by lovehandle

8 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

good char kway teow at :

Located in the corner of Wei Xuan Eating House, Meng Kee Fried Kway Teow is helmed by a 30-ish female Chef. Apparently she is the second generation who inherited the skill from her father, the founder of Meng Kee Fried Kway Teow.
no queues usu!
Blk 22, Havelock Road Kopitiam
Beo Crescent
Mon to Sat 10.30am to 7pm
Sundays Close

http://ieatishootipost.sg/meng-kee-char-kway-teow-a-char-kway-teow-thats-worth-the-calories/
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/meng_kee_fried_kway_teow/

Her father fried better and now the standard is not there!!! 

Try duck rice at the same coffeeshop

1 minute ago, jcho said:

@lovehandle I love char kway trow... is Meng Kee as good as Outram Park's @ Hong Lim Food Centre?

Morning, u wakeup damned early sia
I think the one at Hong Lim(used to be at outram before they moved over) is slightly wetter, but I have never tried them for very long, I cannot talk about the consistency about it, pls understand I need to be "fair" in my judgement

eg I rem zion road was quite good decades ago, but I think it is not so anymore

the Meng kee is still quite consistent, though the dad started it, as you read from the article, the Wok-hei is there (even a GM from Marche knew what is wok hei, a German!)
however, its location is not a plus-point to many , unless you drive or u really bothered to go all the way there for good food(not me)
the biggest plus point is no Long queues! (cos of the location), I dislike q

and one way to test whether a food is good or bad  is to purposely leave it for a few hours and "let it rot"

eg let your char siew rice kept overnite and heat it up next day, u will know whether is it still palatable to consume, if the charsiew and rice made  u puke after overnite

eg a cupcake from 12cupcakes, it is not that bad after the next day, I went to muji over the last weekend, its cakes and some of the pastries doesn't look fresh and consistent, all my friends are complaining has it been placed in the fridge for quite sometime? (although customers that are new to Japan muji café seemed to keep ordering it in sg, in Japan no such issue at all)

the char kuay teow tasted quite good when (normally) the kuay teow turned soggy after a few hours

only by this formula, I will know whether it will last and whether it is made of damned real good fresh ingredients of cockles, noodles and so on

interestingly the person cooking is a lady, usu a lady will not stand the oiliness of a frying wok, yet she was able to withstand it for so long, it must be "passion"(not just money alone) that keeps her ongoing for so long
I looked at such factors to help determine the "x - factor" of an F&B outlet

never by the popularity ratings or recent hype

Yup , 

certain x factors are for a diff form of test and observation

and eating it later- is also eating

after i failed to get food fr ntuc, i went to buy soul food from muji, though some may deemed it as canned/preserved food, i find it very good!!!! (But expensive)

3 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Morning, u wakeup damned early sia
I think the one at Hong Lim(used to be at outram before they moved over) is slightly wetter, but I have never tried them for very long, I cannot talk about the consistency about it, pls understand I need to be "fair" in my judgement

eg I rem zion road was quite good decades ago, but I think it is not so anymore

the Meng kee is still quite consistent, though the dad started it, as you read from the article, the Wok-hei is there (even a GM from Marche knew what is wok hei, a German!)
however, its location is not a plus-point to many , unless you drive or u really bothered to go all the way there for good food(not me)
the biggest plus point is no Long queues! (cos of the location), I dislike q

and one way to test whether a food is good or bad  is to purposely leave it for a few hours and "let it rot"

eg let your char siew rice kept overnite and heat it up next day, u will know whether is it still palatable to consume, if the charsiew and rice made  u puke after overnite

eg a cupcake from 12cupcakes, it is not that bad after the next day, I went to muji over the last weekend, its cakes and some of the pastries doesn't look fresh and consistent, all my friends are complaining has it been placed in the fridge for quite sometime? (although customers that are new to Japan muji café seemed to keep ordering it in sg, in Japan no such issue at all)

the char kuay teow tasted quite good when (normally) the kuay teow turned soggy after a few hours

only by this formula, I will know whether it will last and whether it is made of damned real good fresh ingredients of cockles, noodles and so on

interestingly the person cooking is a lady, usu a lady will not stand the oiliness of a frying wok, yet she was able to withstand it for so long, it must be "passion"(not just money alone) that keeps her ongoing for so long
I looked at such factors to help determine the "x - factor" of an F&B outlet

never by the popularity ratings or recent hype

There is also another good char kway teow around Chinatown...used to be Cuppage Char Kway Teow. It's tiny stall in a coffee shop near Chin Swee, right across from the Sheng Siong on other side of road. Compared to Hong Lim, it's dryer and higher wok hei, I find it a good variation. More cockles and no queue!

yes cockles, generous cockles are important

I felt nowadays all very stingy, hence for the Meng Kee,sometimes I have to order S$4 a pack (usu regular size is S$3)

I overheard Meng kee's customers asked to just add extra cockles, as I don't eat lup cheong (waxed meat/preserved sausages), I really wish I can ask to exchange all lupcheongs for more cockles something

Yes I realised the issue with the famous zion road is they don't really want their kuey teow sweet (seemed like sweet sauce is extremely light), I felt something is missing for sure

by the way , I don't use pepper and salt on my soup, I don't add wasabi and soya sauce when eating sashimi or jp stuff

I don't ask for gravy purposely, I don't

58 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

yes cockles, generous cockles are important

I felt nowadays all very stingy, hence for the Meng Kee,sometimes I have to order S$4 a pack (usu regular size is S$3)

I overheard Meng kee's customers asked to just add extra cockles, as I don't eat lup cheong (waxed meat/preserved sausages), I really wish I can ask to exchange all lupcheongs for more cockles something

Yes I realised the issue with the famous zion road is they don't really want their kuey teow sweet (seemed like sweet sauce is extremely light), I felt something is missing for sure

by the way , I don't use pepper and salt on my soup, I don't add wasabi and soya sauce when eating sashimi or jp stuff

I don't ask for gravy purposely, I don't

yes.:thumb::thumb::thumb: well said and totally agreed..:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Do you guys know the "Zhang Fa" char kway teow stall at the old Tanglin Halt Food Centre? It's very nice too but must wait very long as the old man fries a plate at a time. Any idea where the stall has moved to?

Edited by jcho

18 hours ago, RoyalSamuel said:

There are quite a few of Sambal Stingray shops around there.... 

But my family always order from the stall opposite Satay Bee Hoon, oh yes, their Satay bee Hoon must try also... BUT.... they have increased their prices drastically over the years, one plate is $5. So if you are rich, order it! =)

Back to the Sting Ray, yeah order from opposite the satay bee hoon, near the entrance of chomp chomp, some may suggest the LucyXX something stall de, but cuz my parents like to order from the main entrance one so bo bian, lol... but so far never disappoint me, so you guys can give it a try also!

And.... sidetrack one more time.... MY DESSERT SHOP at Chomp Chomp closed down, my dad wanted to buy dessert for me but dont have this is soooooo sad and angryyyyyyyyyy! =,(

CHOMP CHOMP, the wanton mee at the back also very nice, but their chilli can make me cry, so less chilli please. 

Talking about Satay Beehoon, the stall at Blk 85 Market (Bedok North Rd) is quite famous and good. It is also very cheap. Only $3 and you get a large portion. Small eaters can even share one plate. The stall owner is never stingy with the satay gravy. Queue is always pretty long though. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

4 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Talking about Satay Beehoon, the stall at Blk 85 Market (Bedok North Rd) is quite famous and good. It is also very cheap. Only $3 and you get a large portion. Small eaters can even share one plate. The stall owner is never stingy with the satay gravy. Queue is always pretty long though. 

So will you queue for me and treat me eat? =P haha

On ‎17‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:45 AM, Ethan_Oleh said:

If u like peranakan kuehs, you must check it out this shop. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

http://peranakankhek.tumblr.com/

Must order kueh bingka ubi ($2 a piece, $18 a loaf & $48 a 9-inch round cake).

My Favourite is ang ku kueh ($2.20 each).

Today I went back and bought some ang ku kueh's, kueh bingka ubi and kueh salat to give it to my parents.

On the menu right now, there are only 6 varieties of kueh, but its already very good. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

8 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

Today I went back and bought some ang ku kueh's, kueh bingka ubi and kueh salat to give it to my parents.

On the menu right now, there are only 6 varieties of kueh, but its already very good. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Speaking of Peranakan food,

Anyone wanna go eat together, at Bumbu Restaurant near Khandahar Street/Telok Ayer, 2 outlets. Let me know ok!

Teochew Meat Puff

A friend bought for me this yummilicius snack @ Pasar Malam (Hougang) last night. It has a crispy crust and filled with a flavourful mix of meat and vegetables. Love it!

13718526_1636854803277378_24634687227055

13690736_1636854806610711_75655399780175

24 Jul 2016 | Was insane to queue for almost 2 hours just for 2 of these delicious oyster meat puffs for dinner... but well worth it.

Meat%2BPuff.jpg

Edited by jcho
Update

6 minutes ago, jcho said:

Teochew Meat Puff

A friend bought for me this yummilicius snack @ Pasar Malam (Hougang) last night. It has a crispy crust and filled with a flavourful mix of meat and vegetables. Love it!

13718526_1636854803277378_2463468722705513690736_1636854806610711_75655399780175

Simply the best in Sg hence I spent 1.5 hours in the queue, well worth it.

they will be at blk 685 Hg ave 8 till end of this month so better hurry!

120px-Zoso.svg.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.