Male HQ

Star trek beyond is a must watch (no spoilers)

Hey everyone, i watched beyond yesterday and saw very little people in the cinema and i know it was bad publicity. The movie is really good especially if you watched the old series, it is much better than the previous 2 films. The movie stayed true to its history and its roots. Its new story is what trek was always about back in the good old days. You guys should try watching it 

14 minutes ago, reubensteel said:

Hey everyone, i watched beyond yesterday and saw very little people in the cinema and i know it was bad publicity. The movie is really good especially if you watched the old series, it is much better than the previous 2 films. The movie stayed true to its history and its roots. Its new story is what trek was always about back in the good old days. You guys should try watching it 

i agree totally, better than the first two. decent tribute to leonard nimoy, the original cast and anton yelchin (end credit). *cough* mars attacks beastie boys sabotage lol

Guest guest

Chris Pine has beautiful blue eyes. He is look visibiliy aged in this movie.

I find it's a great movie compared to the first 2

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Have just watched it. Sadly Spock died:thumbdown: 

how come they killed the character?

aren't they gonna do another sequel?

Hey, have you even watched the first 2 movies ? That was ambassador spock who died, the one from original timeline not from the "kelvin" timeline. The ambassador spock, leonard nimoy died in real life in 2015, that was a tribute towards him for his contribution to trek verse

6 hours ago, victorp said:

Dear Guest Guest of the post before mine...you have revealed a spoiler even though the thread starter has titled this thread as "no spoiler". :(

Its not really a spoiler, the actor leonard nimoy died and its a tribute. We were expecting this since his death last year

Watched yesterday and just realised that the Asian gay kiss that I was expecting has been censored out! DAMN! - So, for those of us for which this is impt - I recommend we boycott this film. :angry2:

12 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Watched yesterday and just realised that the Asian gay kiss that I was expecting has been censored out! DAMN! - So, for those of us for which this is impt - I recommend we boycott this film. :angry2:

did they really censor that? what a prune!

3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

It didn't make pass the editing room from wat I understand; not censored by any country's media authority. BUT, the speculation is that it was cut in the editing room in consideration of the China market.

8 hours ago, Cube3 said:

I dont think it was censored, more like cut. IT will be probably be in the extras in DVD :)

5 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

It didn't make pass the editing room from wat I understand; not censored by any country's media authority. BUT, the speculation is that it was cut in the editing room in consideration of the China market.

If so, then I shall be more discerning when watching future movies! :angry: This movie was financed/produced by Alibaba, which may explain why they worry about China market...and this, after watching Independence Day 2 which also had PRC financing - and it sucked. I really don't like where Hollywood is heading!

3 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

What??? Why did they kill Anton yelchin. He is great in that movie. Maybe he'll have other great movies too in the future.

He died in real life. Car accident. RIP.

Guest Fatty

Hmmm i don't believe easily from those news in social media. Before they said Keanu Reeves is dead but not true. I think Anton's death news is also a hoax

8 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

Hmmm i don't believe easily from those news in social media. Before they said Keanu Reeves is dead but not true. I think Anton's death news is also a hoax

Check the end credits; his name was there, just after Leonard Nimoy name was flashed--"For Anton".

• 3 weeks later...

As always, the repartee between Spock and Bones is highly entertaining, credit due to Simon Pegg's part in the screenplay, but (this is a matter of opinion) I felt the 1st installment was by far the best of the three films. At any rate, Beyond was an enjoyable cinematic experience, and a must-watch for all Trekies.

Edited by RYdetime

• Guest locked this topic