Male HQ

Money or good life?

Bobi

Would you sacrifice your monthly savings for a better life? Eg. Getting a car to be able to drive around if you travel alot. Getting a part time helper to wash, clean, iron, cook, rather than sacrificing your precious time doing yourself? 

Further elaborate.

you come home after work late. Everyday dabao. Too tired for house work. Only have sat sun. But most of time on sat, u probaby visit parents, or sometimes even weekdays visit parents for dinner, thus incur travelling time. So would u spent money getting a helper or maid that does everything including cooking? And getting a small car perhaps to trade off your time?

Hmmmm... I think it is a very personal decision. And it largely depends on your amount of savings and monthly income.

If I can save at least 20% of my monthly take home and can still afford, I will definitely go for the domestic helper. Mainly also coz I am lazy to do housework and hate to see my mum doing them too.. 

Car wise, I always feel that it is super bo hua.. In Singapore, it may actually be cheaper to take cab everywhere than to own a car. Should be even easier now with all the Uber and Grab taxis going on. =)

Better saved money first, then employ domestic helper when you become old and weak.  If you are going to parents house for dinner on weekdays, then keep the weekends free for yourself to do housework, unless you need to see them everyday without fail.  

Whatever inside your house, do it yourself.

Whatever you u can out of your house, outsource. Eg. Laundry n ironing.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

6 hours ago, Bobi said:

Would you sacrifice your monthly savings for a better life? Eg. Getting a car to be able to drive around if you travel alot. Getting a part time helper to wash, clean, iron, cook, rather than sacrificing your precious time doing yourself? 

Lol... maybe an ad-hoc helper for me will do... about once every week or so to help clean up the house :)

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Why does this read to me as, why are you not at a higher earning power than you currently am. Then you wouldn't have this question.

Cheap options includes,

robot vacuums

robot wipers

laundry really no cheaper alternatives other than getting (trusted) human help

taxi is often more affordable than car (fixed)

consider wear at home slippers (also help prevent the cold from the floor going into your body)

Yeah, i do not wish to earn more than i can now..

my robo vacuum can climb tables and chairs and walls and every parts of house.

I do not know that wearing slippers at home can actually gives me time and freedom. (This is something new to me)