Male HQ

Ah Tan's Massage @ Bedok North (CLOSED)

up2xgd

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, midnightgallivanter said:

Recently got my massage from Mr Tan again after a very difficult exam period.. My whole body was super stiff and aching, and Mr Tan managed to loosen my whole body! His skills improved a lot since the last time I met him and I was very refreshed after the session. Still one of the best masseuses in my experience!

Totally agreed with midnightgallivant,

Mr Tan had improved his massage skills, and recently i had booked his appt and was happy with his massage skills.:thumb::clap::thumb::clap::thumb::clap:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CharmingBoy said:

I thot his skills are ok,  6/10. But he seems to be more looking for a boyfriend,  rather than providing service or doing a business. He will ask many personal questions which i thot were intrusive. Being a licensed massage parlour with a proper shop front,  always a risk of being raided.

Lol I sometimes feel like he's an Aunty, the way he asked questions...

• 1 month later...

I decided to try Mr. Tan for the first time since I was nearby on the 2nd day of CNY. He took my booking but later found out he actually came to the shop just for my appointment. Initially asked for 1.5hrs but decided to change to 2hrs since I am the only booking of the day. I didnt expect anything due to the mixed reviews -went with an open mind. 

The place is a shop front, but I entered from the back door as he didnt open the shutter. There was a shared toilet with the shop next door, I think it's a spa, didnt pay much attention - so no showers before/after massage. I was greeting by Mr. Tan - pleasant looking and well build, late 40s I think. I was a little sweaty due to the afternoon heat but he didnt mind and said will wipe me down with towel. So I went nude and lay down comfortably on the massage bed. His strength is very suitable for me, on the harder side, and very accommodating as I ask him to spend more time on my lower back. 

He did ask questions as other reviews mentioned but I actually dont mind and answered all his questions and during the chat, I learnt that his questions are all for the purpose of understanding and satisfying his customers. For example, he ask how I know about him and if its from BW, he will know the customer probably expect more sensual + other services. So you should really let him know if you want a pure and good massage from the beginning and not just keep quiet acting saint - he cannot read your mind!  

I must say that one man's meat is really another man's poison! For me, I totally enjoyed his good massage and will go back to him soon. Try to know!

On 1/4/2018 at 6:52 PM, CharmingBoy said:

I thot his skills are ok,  6/10. But he seems to be more looking for a boyfriend,  rather than providing service or doing a business. He will ask many personal questions which i thot were intrusive. Being a licensed massage parlour with a proper shop front,  always a risk of being raided.

ok

Edited by AllReady

thread closed?!?!?!!!!!

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Totally agreed with midnightgallivant,

Mr Tan had improved his massage skills, and recently i had booked his appt and was happy with his massage skills.:thumb::clap::thumb::clap::thumb::clap:

how does Aunty asked qn? quote some egs plssss

Ethan

also frequent massage shop?

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:51 PM, mandala said:

Lol I sometimes feel like he's an Aunty, the way he asked questions...

• G_M changed the title to Ah Tan's Massage
  • G_M locked this topic
  • 2 months later...

Just found out Ah Tan from Bedok North has rebranded to a new shop called “Sunflower Foot Wellness”. Rates and address are the same. 

Here are are the details.

Nearest MRT: Bedok

Near to Bedok Central. Opposite Bedok Heartbeat. 

Please call or text to make an appointment in advance. Do take note Ah Tan is not proficient in English. When making an appointment, sms him your time and day or just give him a call. 

His rates are : 

1 hour @ $45

1.5 hour @ $69

2 hours @ $88

Mobile: 9684 3865

TIME FROM 9.30 AM TO 7.00 PM (Last slot).

哥们,如有需要, 不妨让陈师父为你按摩服务。 陈师父除了手艺精赞,按摩手法专业,力足,程序似如流水般的顺畅,拥有十多年经验,物超所值。 去试试吧,你会感觉焕然一新, 脱胎换骨. (Copied from a previous post on Ah Tan from someone. Thanks)

Mobile: 9684 3865
Address:Blk 416, Bedok North Ave 2, [ unit removed by moderator ] Singapore 460416

As this will be an unmonitored group, please provide feedback to him direct. Also, opening hours & rates are correct as at time of post. They may be subject to change so please double check with him.

Help support local businesses!

• G_M changed the title to Ah Tan's Massage @ Bedok North
  • G_M unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, Babysteps said:

Just found out Ah Tan from Bedok North has rebranded to a new shop called “Sunflower Foot Wellness”. Rates and address are the same. 

Please call or text to make an appointment in advance. Do take note Ah Tan is not proficient in English. When making an appointment, sms him your time and day or just give him a call. 

His rates are : 

1 hour @ $45

1.5 hour @ $69

2 hours @ $88

哥们,如有需要, 不妨让陈师父为你按摩服务。 陈师父除了手艺精赞,按摩手法专业,力足,程序似如流水般的顺畅,拥有十多年经验,物超所值。 去试试吧,你会感觉焕然一新, 脱胎换骨. (Copied from a previous post on Ah Tan from someone. Thanks)

Address:Blk 416, Bedok North Ave 2, [ unit removed by moderator ] Singapore 460416

As this will be an unmonitored group, please provide feedback to him direct. Also, opening hours & rates are correct as at time of post. They may be subject to change so please double check with him.

PS: What were you thinking by posting the address in an Open Forum?

Are you trying to get the person into trouble?

Do you know that "Massage services are not allowed in HDB flats"? Here are the rules.

Dear moderator - this is a proper business registered with ACRA. It is in a hdb block, but it is one of those commercial units on the ground floor. FYI - it is NOT a Home based massage service. 

2 hours ago, Babysteps said:

Dear moderator - this is a proper business registered with ACRA. It is in a hdb block, but it is one of those commercial units on the ground floor. FYI - it is NOT a Home based massage service. 

Thank you for informing me. Sorry for misunderstanding for my part.

Still, there is a blk no. & location plus mobile no. provided.  Don't need the unit no. 

If it's a legitimate biz, there would be a shop name. Otherwise, just leave the above as it is and let the customers message for the unit to the masseur.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 9:29 PM, Babysteps said:

His rates are : 

1 hour @ $45

1.5 hour @ $69

2 hours @ $88

Address:Blk 416, Bedok North Ave 2, Singapore 460416

Requote this as requested by Ah Tan! Recently went back for a long needed massage due to constant flying for work. His technique have improved and he made sure all my sore spots are attended to. I'm very relaxed after. Please do visit him for a massage! 

Edited by speedoswim

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 12:58 AM, Benson C said:

Tried Ah Tan given the good reviews here.

He looks in the 50s and very gay.  My gaydar tells me he is gay.

Upon lying face down, the first thing he did was wipe my anus with wet wipe (which I later found out it was the type of wet wipe meant for floors).  My massage was done in the nude as no shorts or disposal undies were given.  He started by asking very intrusive questions like "are u gay?" which I did not answer as that was none of his business.  Then he went on by asking if I am top or bottom and I was silent.  He also commented I have a nice body which again was uncalled for. His massage started at my butt and there was spreading of butt cheeks and running his fingers over my anus.  Then it was a quick rub on my shoulders and back.  In less than 15 minutes he climbed up the massage bed and massaged my butt again.  It went further down to my balls and he were squeezing them.  All these actions made me really uncomfortable as I thought it was a "proper" massage joint.  He also tried to make conversations like how I found out about his place and asked me to write him a good review.

After working on my butt, he went to my legs.  He really spread my legs apart and his movements went from legs to balls to dick (quick stroke). At this stage my discomfort grew stronger.  Thereafter he moved my leg beyond 90 degree and used his thigh to raise my thigh so he could reach my dick.  It was when he started stroking my dick I told him to stop.  All these happened less than half an hour from the start of massage.  At this point I really thought if I was being molested instead of receiving a massage.  He responded by saying now he understood I wanted a "proper" massage.

When doing the front, a large amount of time was focused on the chest and stomach.  When doing the legs he only draped the towel on the leg he is not massaging leaving my dick exposed.  I had to pull the towel to cover myself.  As there was still a lot of time left he asked if there is any area which I wanted him to work on.  My experience with other experienced masseurs was that they knew which were the tight areas without you telling them.  The massage ended after he worked on my shoulders and back.

He then offered a drink and explained that the "happy" parts of the massage were because most of his customers expected "special" service and he assumed I wanted it.  I told him if I wanted special service I would have gone to the shops in Chinatown. To me, what made me so uncomfortable was he tried to give the "happy" ending at the beginning part of the massage.  I felt he was trying to make himself happy that the massage was sub-standard.  The massage did improved slightly after I stopped him from giving "special" service.  He explained that business was tough when he was doing "proper" massage and it was at the advice of some customers he starting offering the "happy" ending.  I sincerely felt he should instead focus on building up his skills.  On the plus side, his place is spacious and clean.  For a 90min massage, $69 can be considered cheap.  Nevertheless he is the guy to go to if you want massage with a happy ending.

He is gay friendly.

Not gay.

Just like uncle Kim Cheong Chinatown, where customer are gay. Cos gay business easier, not as competitive as straight counterparts.

The way he massaged -is everyway.

Everyway including my ball area that is why  i also thought that he molest me.

Which is not true for a straight guy.

• 1 month later...

I went to him a few times but stopped because I felt he has double standards in the way he massage. Different people will get different types of treatment

Furthermore he accused me of playing him out on a particular appointment when I told him I did not. He insisted I did and I told him if I really can't make it for an appointment, I'll definitely inform him. It's to be fair to him. But I don't think he felt that way.

Moving on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went and was disgusted with the condition of the place. The cloth that he used to layover the facehole on massage bed is reused and reeks of oil.

Place smells mouldy.

Keeps asking questions instead of focusing on massage. Think he is a closeted gay. Uses one hand to press... dunno what he is doing with the other.

not recommended unless u like to be draped in used towels and enjoys unsanitary massage environment

• 3 weeks later...

Just went to Ah Tan today. His skills are still good. Although place is old, but I feel it is still clean. I would also implore one to compare apple to apple when making comparisons about his place with other establishments. His price point is lower compared to alot of other places, so somethings gotta give.

At the end of the day, I am here for a good massage. And Ah Tan delivers as usual by clearing my kinks & knots.

I see good in people, until they show me otherwise.

15 hours ago, up2xgd said:

Just went to Ah Tan today. His skills are still good. Although place is old, but I feel it is still clean. I would also implore one to compare apple to apple when making comparisons about his place with other establishments. His price point is lower compared to alot of other places, so somethings gotta give.

At the end of the day, I am here for a good massage. And Ah Tan delivers as usual by clearing my kinks & knots.

If really considering pure price point, there are many Chinatown joints which might be similar or cheaper, and more convenient  in terms of timing and location.

Old place is fine, but must definitely use new clean dry towels. Even the sheets covering the massage bed needs to be changed. 

Up2xgd appears to be always defending him.

9 hours ago, CharmingBoy said:

If really considering pure price point, there are many Chinatown joints which might be similar or cheaper, and more convenient  in terms of timing and location.

Old place is fine, but must definitely use new clean dry towels. Even the sheets covering the massage bed needs to be changed. 

Up2xgd appears to be always defending him.

Very true, I realised the towels are a bit damp. New customer = New set of towels. This is really for hygienic reasons, that cannot be compromised. 

Had a massage with Ah Tan just only. Then saw so many comments, and thought should support him lah. His massage is quite hard type so u must tell him if u like it lighter, although sometimes he forgets as he is those tuina trained type/ so they tend to be harder. So, if you like those type of massage, give him a try.

Agree that the place is not a "spa" type, but I go there for his skills lor....and he is very good honestly. So, to be fair to him, and for those who really likes a good massage, especially after all the marathons or exercise, I always go to him to relax and relieve my aches and pain. Like today, i told him my shoulder very pain from gym, he gave me some good advice to stop and let it recover first, and then proceeded to apply some ointment on that area to make the massage better. So, you need to tell him lah....

Anyway, i guess no one is perfect. Some like, some don't like is normal. TBH, his skills at one stage became a bit bad and lost focus. When I feedback to him, he said he had a health scare, and was a bit distracted and lost. And he apologised. I think he was really facing some issues as last year not so good. But now I find he is back leeo. Also, I have been going to Ah Tan for last 2 years, and he says he takes all feedback to heart, and will keep on improving. So, if u around Bedok, please give call to arrange first to avoid disappointment, as his schedule is still quite packed.

Happy new year to all! 

bad massage experience. He shld focus on his massage instead of asking questions as if as im there to be interrogated. He appears unhappy when i requested for change of towels as the old one smells bad.( like its not dry)

Absolutely a waste of money.

Its always those few IDs thats giving rave reviews... makes me wonder if its his friend posting to help him get more business... totally not objective

Edited by Blowinglow

On 1/9/2019 at 12:07 AM, Blowinglow said:

bad massage experience. He shld focus on his massage instead of asking questions as if as im there to be interrogated. He appears unhappy when i requested for change of towels as the old one smells bad.( like its not dry)

Absolutely a waste of money.

Its always those few IDs thats giving rave reviews... makes me wonder if its his friend posting to help him get more business... totally not objective

The towels are damp rite? See... Not that I am downvoting him, the massage can be good, but please don't compromise on hygiene. 

Informed ah tan the feedback and went for massage also. That was on Sunday morning. Called him, but he says he booked until 4pm. So I go later is ok since Sunday is free. 

His massage not as hard anymore. And I ask him why? He says today too many bookings so a bit tired. If I want harder, he can. I told him like that just nice. So, it's just good for me. During the massage, got at least 2 walk-ins, and he had to turn them away. So, that's why always good too book in advance. Then I ask him how come not as chatty? Last time he will chit chat during massage. He says some people feedback he talk too much. LOL....I laughed. I say depends on customer la. He says better to concentrate on massage better.... On the whole, although a bit disrupted massage due to the interruption of walk in customers, it was not bad. Still got his usual standard. 

Lesson learnt: If you don't want too hard massage, book later on weekends! If you want harder, then book earlier time slots....hahahah 

Edited by Babysteps

• 1 month later...

Booked via WhatsApp and Ah Tan confirmed promptly. Went on a weekend morning and he was able to loosen some tight knots in my body. His strokes are heavier and tend to be more on the tuina type. Personally, I found the massage good enough. He also offered me some flower tea which he brewed himself and told me the ingredients used.

It was my first time there and he didn't talk much during the massage itself. However, he did ask me why I would still book a massage with him despite the negative comments here. I replied that I don't really everything I read online. For the price and the quality of massage, I do believe the massage is worth it.

• 1 month later...

Booked via wa and confirmed my appt, went on last slot, around 7 pm ish.. I quite like his type of massage, quite hard and point on the painful part which made me relax afterwards. Yes his place dont have proper toilet directly, but you can ask that he have toilet at the back.. You cant shower there but he will wipe you off with kind of wet tissue.

He did not talk much as well to me, he only ask whether i can speak chinese and chat a bit. For the price, 70 for 1.5 hours, I would give it a try. His english not bad, can still understand what he saying and what you are saying.

Cleanlines: quite decent - but dont expect spa type (6/7 out of 10)

Skill: 8/10 i like this kind of massage

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 1:41 AM, Blowingwindhot said:

Still as unhygenic as before. Requested for change in the cloth cloth covering face hole as it smelled musky and he said its new when its obviously not.

that must have pissed him off as the massage was the slipshod and mediocre.

not recommended. Massage not consistent and is highly dependent on his mood.

That was what I thought so... His massage skills is good, but the fact he reuse the towels really a big NO... sigh.... 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:24 PM, Shay said:

Can someone advise me? Should I give it a try or pass ....

the feedback here seems very positive or negative 

Opinions here seem divided. I guess we all have our preferences. All I can say is go give him a chance and form your own judgement.

I see good in people, until they show me otherwise.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...