Male HQ

Inner Feeling - How do you feel every time you carry your nephew/niece children in your arm ?

Guest Mestre

Guest sassybabe
6 minutes ago, doncoin said:

I feel proud to be their gay uncle who gets to be the fun one with them, spoil them, and be their friend. And when they turn 18, take them to a bar and buy their first legal drink. 

Cool uncle

I had uncles like that growing up. They become the surrogate parent in a sense that I feel safer approaching them and sharing with them things I could not tell my parents.

My nephews are a part of me and though I do not see them as often as I would like, i keep track of their progress through FB, and other social media. Keep myself involved in their lives as much as I can. 

Love. 

• G_M changed the title to Inner Feeling - How do you feel every time you carry your nephew/niece children in your arm ?

Thank goodness that I only get to play with them when they are around and after that they are taken away form me to be cared, fussed, disciplined, fed  and clean by someone else. I willalways be the cool uncle and not the hated parents

That is how I feel. heheh

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

8 hours ago, mate69 said:

I am not close to my nephews and nieces. Since young it has always been like that. Not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I do not really like my brother and his wife.

any reason why not close to your brother? age gap?

7 minutes ago, camus said:

any reason why not close to your brother? age gap?

Less than 5 years. not big gap.

It's just how it is. Was never close, never will and to me, it's just 2 individuals who happen to be born into the same family.

Over the years, we developed our own mentality and views about life and stuff and the perspectives

we both have reveal a huge gulf between us and over time, it just grew wider. I never saw the need to bridge that gap,

for some reason.

That's life. 

Love them as much as u could but don't expect them to love u as much in return especially when they grow up.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 3 weeks later...

Before I was 18, I used to be quite loving to my cousin's children like play with them or talk rubbish with them.

And then somehow after that I became very closed up due to a significant event happening in my family.

I hardly talk to them now, even at family functions.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I love kids. Coming from a very big family (18 of us), I have 44 nieces and nephews and I am a grand uncle of 17. I just wish they don't grow up too fast. :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• 1 year later...
On 16/08/2016 at 8:27 AM, Magicerife said:

Shit will they turn gay after I touched them

Well, that is the accusation. That is why their parents and grand-in-laws don’t want me to come near their boys. 

The best compliment and heart-warming moment I have ever experienced is when my niece, out of the blue, said this to me :- 'I wish that you are my father. You will be the coolest dad ever!" :D

I like taking a active role in nurturing and taking care of my nephew and niece. I adore and love them and treat them like they are my own children. I would do anything for them. I carried and cared for them when they were little, went out on so many outings with them and now, keep track of their progress in their studies and give compliment where it's necessary. I love being an Uncle. It's the next best thing to being a father. 

tumblr_ney41r8VsL1rc13aso2_500.gif.6b4cd0f19156729ba89885c999b5c873.gif

2 hours ago, DrKartist said:

The best compliment and heart-warming moment I have ever experienced is when my niece, out of the blue, said this to me :- 'I wish that you are my father. You will be the coolest dad ever!" :D

I like taking a active role in nurturing and taking care of my nephew and niece. I adore and love them and treat them like they are my own children. I would do anything for them. I carried and cared for them when they were little, went out on so many outings with them and now, keep track of their progress in their studies and give compliment where it's necessary. I love being an Uncle. It's the next best thing to being a father. 

Wow , impressed!

but do take note that daily discipline and taking care of child is v diff from once a week pampering/adoring them
sittg thru w them when they do PSLE or major exams and u will know deeper
(all children love the outsiders, and which is why some parents gave up disciplining or tuitioning their kids, better to leave it to an outsider)

Playing with them is one thing or guiding them once a while even giving tuition

Parenting for life is another

And from some of your sharing I knew for sure how realistic are your thinking

who (majority, I mean) doesn't like Kids har? most adults  and even kids love playing w kids
(mum brought her grandchildren to some Auntie-gathering and one hug the grandma or aunty, she immediately wept and rushout buying stuff for the kids)
Which is why I don't find the comments especially useful in input

esp if your nephews or kids are q rebellious , u will know the reality (the love is of course the same but..)

TS may be thinking of how about gay couples having their own kids? or deeper issue

3 hours ago, geizershow said:

I love them as my own. Discipline them as my one. I love carrying babies and making them laugh

1 hour ago, trumpeter said:

When ur nephew or niece are small they may admire u as cool uncle then when they grow up u r just a relative to them as like we mention to our friend

Your nephew will be brainwashed by society and MOE to be anti-gay once he grew up.  I kena before.

1 hour ago, Guest Kena said:

Your nephew will be brainwashed by society and MOE to be anti-gay once he grew up.  I kena before.

I agree fully w u and Bien

many just find the kids or teenagers "cute" thinking they might grow up lovin their cool uncle (who think they r forever than handsome and muscle-bulky)
but but in reality

one has not really done parenting, they don't know how kids will grow up to bcome

running around naked also doesn't mean gay or exhibitionist, freeballing in the making and I cannot imagine if an uncle link my running around in nude to such things

one shd be guiding their kids about proper etiquette and gentlemanly behaviours

I cannot imagine if my siblings come questioning me why did i teach our kids in wearing a g string or go freeballing around the neighbourhd or to explore himself deeper is nothing sinful?? oh dear it is ugly if it turns into a family quarrel (like what darkflame mentioned)

On ‎14‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, puppyfart said:

i hv uber cutes nephew and niece.

toddler nephew loves to run around the house after bath...  potential exhibitionist in the making... lol

(no1 has interviewed the Mum of Amos yee or those extremists caught , while I realy don't wish to quote extreme egs)

kinda interesting to  hear about what summerbitch has shared, though it is rather hard to imagine how an uncle can bitch

n carpenter is right? they get heavier!

• Guest locked this topic