Male HQ

BREAKING: Singapore's 6th president S R Nathan dies, age 92

Guest ABC

Guest What do you think?
On 8/23/2016 at 3:17 AM, bbboyddd said:

RIP Sir, thank you for everything that you've given to SG.

Like what?  I also heard kindergarten children said the same thing.  Do they know him inside out, have they researched, has he sacrificed a lot?  Those are interesting question to think about.  I am not the type that idolise anyone blindly without any clue of what was happening.

Guest Sheepish boomers
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I actually have a very different opinion. It seems to me that the middle age and the old people are wiser than the Gen Y and Gen Z. The former can do a comparison for themselves to see where the heart of the current leaders are. No doubt there will be an inertia for people to change the government due to the previous "good" job done during LKY's time. But now that he is dead, the old believe in him is gone now with the new batch of people coming in.

But for the Gen Y and Gen Z, who do they have to compare with, other than the propaganda fed to them over the past decade or two? And in fact, as long as the fresh grads still get jobs, they have no clue how the foreigners are/will be grabbing jobs from them. And with a low starting pay, there are abundance of jobs around. They will only feel the heat when they start progressing up the ladder.

I hope what you said about the baby boomers are true. We can only wait to see what will happen at the next general election. My opnion about them is that they are stubborn and resistant to changes. They will probably stick to the ruling party as they think the spirit of LKY will continue to live in his son. You know, like some natural aristocracy, ahem.

As for the younger generation, give us more credit. We have alternative news sources online for and are not necessarily getting our feeds from the highly filtered MSM. Who still reads the straits times nowadays? Most of us prefer yahoo news and sites like TOC and the independent, etc. We do know what's ACTUALLY going on in our country.

6 hours ago, Guest Sheepish boomers said:

I hope what you said about the baby boomers are true. We can only wait to see what will happen at the next general election. My opnion about them is that they are stubborn and resistant to changes. They will probably stick to the ruling party as they think the spirit of LKY will continue to live in his son. You know, like some natural aristocracy, ahem.

As for the younger generation, give us more credit. We have alternative news sources online for and are not necessarily getting our feeds from the highly filtered MSM. Who still reads the straits times nowadays? Most of us prefer yahoo news and sites like TOC and the independent, etc. We do know what's ACTUALLY going on in our country.

What they KNOW is one thing. What matters more is who they VOTE for.

I've heard so many excuses from the youngsters who KNOW what is happening but voted against their knowledge.

22 hours ago, Guest Sheepish boomers said:

Yes, although we know what's happening, we still vote pap because they have track record.

5 minutes ago, Guest Fatty said:

Yes, although we know what's happening, we still vote pap because they have track record.

Those with the track records are all DEAD.

• Guest locked this topic