Male HQ

Keep thinking about boyfriend

Guest halp

3 minutes ago, Guest halp said:

Hi, I cannot help but keep thinking of my boyfriend even though we meet very often! Yes, you can call me clingy, and I know it is not healthy. I am trying my best to curb this issue. Help!!

What's wrong with that? Better than you thinking of other guys right?

Oh wow some of the people here are dicks....probably all single

Haha but anyway yea there really isn't nothing wrong with being overly attached. But you're right to say it might become an issue. Try to occupy yourself with certain things that only you do alone (don't think dirty here :P) Like maybe gaming or exercising. 

18 hours ago, Guest halp said:

Hi, I cannot help but keep thinking of my boyfriend even though we meet very often! Yes, you can call me clingy, and I know it is not healthy. I am trying my best to curb this issue. Help!!

TS it is indeed very unhealthy to be overly reliant on another human being as your source of comfort and security. 

Feeling in love and thinking about our love ones from time to time through out the day is absolutely great, but if you are constantly troubled and need your bf to be by your side constantly before you feel secure is not healthy.

some questions that you may like to reflect upon. Are you feeling insecured? When your bf is not by your side, are there any trigger events that cause you to feel this way? Are you facing family/work/friends problems? How is your own personal relationship with your father or other authority figures in your life? Are you carrying emotional baggages from your previous relationships into your current one? Do you trust your current bf?

Most of the time, what you are going through is just the symptom of a deeper under lying issue, to help yourself, you got to go deeper and find the cause / roots of the problem.

I wish you all the best. Seek proper professional help should you need to. 

Guest Sanity
2 hours ago, KENZ said:

TS it is indeed very unhealthy to be overly reliant on another human being as your source of comfort and security. 

It happens at initial stage.  Give him times and slowly the reliance will slow down.  When you are very hungry, you gobble and swallow messily, once you are filled you will start to eat gently and carefully. and even help to wash the dish.  It takes times. No harm done, a normal request and very human.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in my previous relationship, I used to overthink a lot as well...like a woman.

That was when I decided to compartmentalise my time into spending time with him, and also for myself.

I realised for myself that I would overthink as long as I had too much free time, so I decided that I had to occupy my time.

I ended up spending time doing volunteer work and planning my days thoroughly.

Soon I realised my life was revolving less around my ex and he started to ask for more quality time together.

I make and honour commitments so I couldn't just tear myself away from those volunteer work and planning.

As for why it didn't work out in the end, we became too busy with what we were doing and sort of drifted apart.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

On 8/25/2016 at 2:04 PM, Guest halp said:

Aww. If the feeling is mutual, you should enjoy yourself. Keep the flames alive.

21 minutes ago, darkflame said:

When I was in my previous relationship, I used to overthink a lot as well...like a woman.

That was when I decided to compartmentalise my time into spending time with him, and also for myself.

I realised for myself that I would overthink as long as I had too much free time, so I decided that I had to occupy my time.

I ended up spending time doing volunteer work and planning my days thoroughly.

Soon I realised my life was revolving less around my ex and he started to ask for more quality time together.

I make and honour commitments so I couldn't just tear myself away from those volunteer work and planning.

As for why it didn't work out in the end, we became too busy with what we were doing and sort of drifted apart.

Ahhh, balance is hard to find. We try and try again.

• 10 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic