Male HQ

Your favourite shampoo for hair

lovehandle

hmm.. shampoo for me it's all about washing out the grease... if it can't even perform that (and a lot don't), it defeats the purpose right?
I am currently trying L'oreal now for oily hair dry scalp.. still feels like supermarket shampoo (aka those that doesn't keep your hair from feeling greasy) for me...

thinking of trying those Korean one with olive oil or coconut oil extract but dunno if they are good or bad...

33 minutes ago, watdehell said:

For me I'm using Kiehl's tea tree shampoo for my oily scalp hair and if you want shiny, soft and healthy hair, you can try uising the Kiehl's hair conditioner that contains coconut oil + jojoba oil. 

Tea tree? Would that b too dry afrer using? And kiehl is not cheap!!

@lovehandle

It's a salon brand, but now can buy from shops like Venus, Pink Beauty & etc. About $50 plus for a big bottle (last for a few months so oo hua Lor) I use both shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo about two time then apply conditioner (my hairstylist told me to leave on for a few mins)

http://www.nioxin.com/en-EN/proven-solutions/hair-treatments

hope this helps.

Edited by Shinhao
Update

Our body hormones change, and that affect our hair too.

I had tried Vidal Sassoon, Pantene. Somehow, I think too much fake came in and I dropped both.

Then tried Dove. For the longest time, it work very well for me. After that, tried Head and Shoulder. 2 bottles later and my scalp gotten oily.

Now with L'oreal Men (the black bottle), very happy with it and lately, Essential by Kao. So far so good. (Alternate usage)

If you use any hair styling products (most men do) -  a tip I read (and it works: Shampoo first, then a little water to lather up (like how the saloon works). It helps to clean better. Need be, shampoo twice.

21 hours ago, thorzguy said:

Our body hormones change, and that affect our hair too.

I had tried Vidal Sassoon, Pantene. Somehow, I think too much fake came in and I dropped both.

Then tried Dove. For the longest time, it work very well for me. After that, tried Head and Shoulder. 2 bottles later and my scalp gotten oily.

Now with L'oreal Men (the black bottle), very happy with it and lately, Essential by Kao. So far so good. (Alternate usage)

If you use any hair styling products (most men do) -  a tip I read (and it works: Shampoo first, then a little water to lather up (like how the saloon works). It helps to clean better. Need be, shampoo twice.

so now u stuck to Loreal men or Dove? but why the change since dove was so good?

I've been using L'oreal shampoo for 9yrs already and im very happy with it. Yeah just that shampoo, no other hair product needed. Twice a week and voila, bouncy and silky hair.

On 28 August 2016 at 8:18 PM, Salt&Pepper said:

JC0uE6I.jpg

Aveda Rosemary Mint

I swear by Aveda as well. I've been using the Invati range for 2 years and my hair has become thicker.

I would suggest you to do the following :

1) Make a trip down to the Aveda counters at Tangs or Takashimaya.

2) Get the salesperson to analyse your scalp. He/She would then recommend the best shampoo and conditioner for you.

3) Generally the Aveda sales people are really nice and they might offer you a few samples to try.  Do give them a try and see if they work for you.

4) If the price is right, do get the products at Tangs or Taka. Alternatively, head down to JB where you can get the products at the Aveda hair salons. The exchange rate is in our favour. The shampoo and conditioner range from about $40-$60 and the tonic is around $100-$110. 

5) Get the sales people to explain to you exactly HOW to use the shampoo. Yes, there's a specific method to use them. 

P.S. If you do choose Aveda, you need to stick to your haircare regime. Cus if you break the cycle, your scalp wouldn't like you very much. :)

• 5 months later...

I alternate between Kiehl and Aesop.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

On ‎28‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, kimlo777 said:

I alternate between Kiehl and Aesop.

not cheap Kiehl, Kimlo

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, jeeves said:

I swear by Aveda as well. I've been using the Invati range for 2 years and my hair has become thicker.

2) Get the salesperson to analyse your scalp. He/She would then recommend the best shampoo and conditioner for you.

3) Generally the Aveda sales people are really nice and they might offer you a few samples to try.  Do give them a try and see if they work for you.

4) If the price is right, do get the products at Tangs or Taka. Alternatively, head down to JB where you can get the products at the Aveda hair salons. The exchange rate is in our favour. The shampoo and conditioner range from about $40-$60 and the tonic is around $100-$110. 

5) Get the sales people to explain to you exactly HOW to use the shampoo. Yes, there's a specific method to use them. 

P.S. If you do choose Aveda, you need to stick to your haircare regime. Cus if you break the cycle, your scalp wouldn't like you very much. :)

Jeeves

the pricing you quoted are sgd or myr since u mentioned JB

I supposed sgd?

seemed troublesome method

On 3/4/2017 at 11:23 AM, lovehandle said:

not cheap Kiehl, Kimlo

Jeeves

I supposed sgd?

not tried aveda but is this an asian product? the name sounds very exotic.

All in sex is fair.

• 2 weeks later...

some friends or stylist find me disgusting esp my hair tend to grease at the later part of the day, when I told them I try to avoid washing my hair twice per day
too dry is not a good thing esp my head/hair tend to be extremely dry after washing

M I?
Regularly shampooing thinning or fine hair is necessary due to the fact that hair can become greasy very easily, which will make hair look patchy and even thinner. Overdoing it, on the other hand, can be bad as well, because you don't want to strip your hair of its natural oils. I recommend shampooing no more than three times a week, but if you want to shampoo more often, try using a dry shampoo: by someone who posted elsewhere http://www.askmen.com/style/fashion_trends/short-hairstyles-for-balding-men.html
Maybe this advice is only applicable for people in temperate ctries? I noticed jp men's hairs are thicker too even if they are working in sg

from the docs: not too often too
http://www.webmd.com/beauty/features/how-often-wash-hair#1

How
about you?

Another article also mentioned :

Washing hair every day removes our natural oils and proteins, causing our hair to dry out quicker. Shampoo strips the oils from the hair, and we need those oils to help our scalp and hair to be healthy, says Emily Woodstrom of HAIRitage ‘Hous outside St. Paul, Minnesota.

Some people shampoo so frequently and strip the natural oil in their hair so much that it becomes very frizzy—

Read more: http://stylecaster.com/beauty/how-often-should-i-wash-my-hair/#ixzz4bkAWMcmX

from various men's mag

For straight hair or various type :
http://www.gq.com/story/how-to-shampoo-your-hair
http://www.mensfitness.com/styleandgrooming/grooming/ask-mens-fitness-how-often-should-i-wash-my-hair

http://www.businessinsider.sg/men-should-not-wash-hair-so-often-2014-11/#Dx6E8AkJFsWAdJJx.97

Do u guys, really do hair conditioning, I dislike it , ok I admit I m lazy!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, Shinhao said:

@-Ignored-

It's a salon brand, but now can buy from shops like Venus, Pink Beauty & etc. About $50 plus for a big bottle (last for a few months so oo hua Lor) I use both shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo about two time then apply conditioner (my hairstylist told me to leave on for a few mins)

http://www.nioxin.com/en-EN/proven-solutions/hair-treatments

hope this helps.

For all those into  Nioxin, those shops like beauty language (those one stop shop with all sort of hair and beauty pdts) : are having promo : 1 Litre for only S$29.90!!!!
go grab it now for those into it, not sure why hair salon sell it so ex
Anyway I just realised it is by Procter & Gamble , though made in mexico

Glad that my stylist felt that my hair is medium (not thin) thickness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i used to have a dandruff problem. Aveda worked best for me to deal with that problem, and once the problem was all sorted out, i switched to Shiseido and Kerastase. I dont use any conditioner, though once every 10-14 days, i applied extra virgin olive oil all over my hair and scalp and leave it overnight (with a showercap on of course). 

what works for me is that i will not use the same brand of shampoo for more than 3-5 months. i will switch between Kerastase and Shiseido alternately as I am comfortable with both brands. and make sure your body is not lacking in vitamin Bs. and make sure you rinse any hair styling products off your hair and scalp completely before you are off to bed at night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2017 at 11:23 AM, -Ignored- said:

not cheap Kiehl, Kimlo

Jeeves

I supposed sgd?

Yes the prices there are in SGD.

The products are slightly cheaper in JB, since the MYR is in our favour. 

On 05/03/2017 at 4:11 PM, kimlo777 said:

not tried aveda but is this an asian product? the name sounds very exotic.

Aveda is an American brand but the ingredients used are derived naturally from plants or flower essences. 

I do have to say that their shampoos smell spicy, earthy and 'organic' to me. Definitely refreshing.

Do give them a try. 

10 hours ago, jeeves said:

Aveda is an American brand but the ingredients used are derived naturally from plants or flower essences. 

I do have to say that their shampoos smell spicy, earthy and 'organic' to me. Definitely refreshing.

Do give them a try. 

Thanks for the information. I shall give it a try someday.

All in sex is fair.

On 01/09/2016 at 8:00 PM, jeeves said:

Hi Jeeves,

May I know where to buy Aveda in JB? 

I'm using the Invati range.. do you know if they sell the big 1 litre bottle there..?

Many thanks in advance..!

4 hours ago, auden said:

Hi Jeeves,

May I know where to buy Aveda in JB? 

I'm using the Invati range.. do you know if they sell the big 1 litre bottle there..?

Many thanks in advance..!

Hey Auden,

You can head down to the Thomas & Guys Salon at City Square or the RCS Salon at JBCC Komtar. Both of them use and sell Aveda products as well as provide a wide range of treatments.

Edited by jeeves

28 minutes ago, jeeves said:

Hey Auden,

You can head down to the Thomas & Guys Salon at City Square or the RCS Salon at JBCC Komtar. Both of them use and sell Aveda products as well as provide a wide range of treatments.

Thanks a lot Jeeves, do you know if they carry the 1 litre Invati?

1 hour ago, auden said:

Thanks a lot Jeeves, do you know if they carry the 1 litre Invati?

That depends on whether they have it at the salon or not. :)

I'm guessing you're using the Dark Purple Invati range?

Edited by jeeves

52 minutes ago, auden said:

Ok thanks again.

Yes correct dark purple Invati.

Ohh how long have you been using it for?

I'm guessing the products have been working well for you, since you intend on buying the 1L bottle?