Male HQ

Save Edwin Chen aka Edwin Spark Tan #saveedwinchen

Guest Guesty

Guest Guesty

Hi all,

https://give.asia/movement/save_edwin_chen

The patient – Edwin Chen
Edwin Chen is a young man who due a series of unexpected symptoms starting with high fever and dizziness, was brought for to an emergency room for examination. Although he thought he is suffering from flu, he was diagnosed in Singapore General Hospital (SGH) with an Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) on July 11th 2016. The diagnosis was based on blood tests and verified by bone marrow aspirate evaluation.

Edwin’s Medical Condition:
The Acute Myeloid Leukemia is a type of blood cancer that if left untreated, it will leave Edwin with 6 months to live. The common treatment for AML is a combinatory chemotherapy that reduces the number of fast-growing cancerous cells. Due the fact that the chemotherapy decreases the white blood cells, the immune system of patients is affected as well. This requires a stay under rather sterile conditions in an isolation room. Edwin was admitted to the Hematology department of SGH immediately after his diagnosis was made and will stay warded in isolation until he has completed at least 5 cycles  of a chemotherapy treatment. The chemotherapy treatment requires regular blood test controls as well bone marrow aspirate evaluations.

Edwin’s Financial Situation:
Edwin had just started his new employment and worked at the new working place for less than 3 weeks. Due to short employment years that are counted into the Medisave account, he accumulated only 800 SGD in total. Unfortunately, Edwin cannot support himself fully with a medical insurance or low savings. 

Edwin’s Hobbies:
Edwin enjoys water sports during the weekends and regularly visits gym after office hours. In his spare time, he happily indulges in TV drama series and movies just like any other person.

Edwin’s Family:
Edwin's parents are both in their late 50s. Edwin’s father is currently self-employed and the sole breadwinner of the household juggling between daily family expenses, HDB loan, insurance, and the study loans of Edwin's 2nd sister. Edwin’s mother had recently gone on temporary unpaid leave to take care of Edwin's daily needs at the hospital.

Edwin’s Need to Support:
Edwin is in a great need to raise SGD 25,000 to lighten the load of his total hospitalisation bill by the end of December 2016 (estimated SGD 50,000 for 5 cycles of chemotherapy including the hospitalisation fees). Hence, your help and support are very much needed and any amount is greatly appreciated.

For more information and/or verification of the situation, kindly email to dearestedwin@gmail.com.

Please note: Rayki IsHere is only the Campaign Manager and will have no access to the raised funds or other sensitive information. All funds raised are wired to Edwin Chen's Personal Bank Account VIA https://stripe.com/sg. If you'll like to visit Edwin's Facebook Page, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/estarkt?fref=ts or connect with him on Instagram EDWINTAN. Cheers! :)

Someone once told me this story:

A guy was walking on a beach and saw another man picking up starfishes on the sand and throwing them as far back as possible into the sea. He looked around and realized there were uncountable starfishes stranded on the beach on that low tide. He walked towards the man and told him that his effort was futile and didn't matter as he couldn't possibly save all the starfishes stranded on the beach from dying before the tide came back in.

The man just shrugged his shoulders and said "It mattered to those I managed to throw back into the sea..."

The guy joined him in picking up as many as they could and threw them back into the sea.

Please do help. Every bit no matter how small helps!

Edited by Salt&Pepper

1 hour ago, Salt&Pepper said:

Someone once told me this story:

A guy was walking on a beach and saw another man picking up starfishes on the sand and throwing them as far back as possible into the sea. He looked around and realized there were uncountable starfishes stranded on the beach on that low tide. He walked towards the man and told him that his effort was futile and didn't matter as he couldn't possibly save all the starfishes stranded on the beach from dying before the tide came back in.

The man just shrugged his shoulders and said "It mattered to those I managed to throw back into the sea..."

The guy joined him in picking up as many as they could and threw them back into the sea.

Please do help. Every bit no matter how small helps!

:lol: reminds me of how I always pick up snails which are crawling  the pavements, and putting them on the side of the grass patch that they are heading towards, just so that they don't get crushed by human traffic on the pavement. This seems to be a habit I have been doing since I was young. I invite a lot of stares each time I pick up those "dirty" creatures, but those stares don't keep my conscience up awake at night, but the sound of crushing snails at my feet does.

Guest Thunderstorm
15 hours ago, camus said:

there are lots of people with medical problems needing money as well as charities needing our support. can anyone tell us what makes this case in particular so special?

Even a dollar from you will be a great help. Stop making remarks like this in future.  Unfortunate situations are everywhere, and nobody deserved to be place in such situation.  If you are not going to give a cent, just STFU and stop being an attention seeker with your weak philosophy. 

Guest Thunderstorm
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes agreed this is just one case brought out by TS ..other than other in dire need of help.

Just help if you can ..)

Imagine the loss of a son, to the family, if they lost Edwin.  At least, I see the pain beyond monetary term of the family.

If one has the chance to save a life, please do so. 

I can only offer 1k or 1.5k the most

Either each amount, 500 came from a friend who was once a brain tumour survivor, thus he understands the pain the patient and his family is going through'

Now, how to contact him ?

And there is a beautiful story regarding the 500 from him

4 hours ago, TheVisitors said:

I can only offer 1k or 1.5k the most

Either each amount, 500 came from a friend who was once a brain tumour survivor, thus he understands the pain the patient and his family is going through'

Now, how to contact him ?

And there is a beautiful story regarding the 500 from him

If you would like to contact him directly, try connecting with him on Facebook or Instagram

On 30/08/2016 at 9:19 AM, Guest Guesty said:
If you'll like to visit Edwin's Facebook Page, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/estarkt?fref=ts or connect with him on Instagram EDWINTAN. Cheers! :)

Would love to hear the beautiful story about the 500 if u decide to share it with us. :)

Guest Talk to me only when he de

I saw him at block 7 back then. 

He was lively compared to the rest. 

Frankly I won't help him at all. 

Others have truly die or in worse shape than him if the truth is to be told. 

How come no one raise a eyebrow when the uncle who occupied his bed before him was admitted in had pass away?

What made this case so special? 

Ask pap ministers to help instead. 

Why must I help?

And how many can I help everytime I came across something like this?

His case is not unique at all. 

Majority of the people who were warded into hospital eventually run into financial and life hardships just like him too. 

Also his parents are in their late 50s,ideally they should be retired by now but they both still have to paid off the house mortage after such a long time and have to continue to support their fully grown children education expenses. 

My fault?

Policies faults. 

Ask the loyalists and the sinfully rich self wage appointed whites to help them instead. 

In sg if a patient have insufficient money to pay the hospital the hospital will go to their next of kins meditate accounts to settle the debts instead. 

If they are broke they can go apply for medifund too. 

Why must his problem become my and everyone trouble instead?

Just because they don't want their own cpf accounts to become empty so they turn to the public is it?

Is it fair to me and the public you ask yourself?

That illness is your own cross to bear so use your own money to treathe it yourself. 

My money is for my own rainy days. 

Guest Doesn't tally
33 minutes ago, Guest Talk to me only when he de said:

I saw him at block 7 back then. 

He was lively compared to the rest. 

Frankly I won't help him at all. 

Others have truly die or in worse shape than him if the truth is to be told. 

How come no one raise a eyebrow when the uncle who occupied his bed before him was admitted in had pass away?

What made this case so special? 

Why would he go to block 7 when he only attempted suicide? Don't spew rubbish pls

Guest awkwardpenguin
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Why must I help?

Majority of the people who were warded into hospital eventually run into financial and life hardships just like him too. 

Also his parents are in their late 50s,ideally they should be retired by now but they both still have to paid off the house mortage after such a long time and have to continue to support their fully grown children education expenses. 

My fault?

Policies faults. 

Ask the loyalists and the sinfully rich self wage appointed whites to help them instead. 

In sg if a patient have insufficient money to pay the hospital the hospital will go to their next of kins meditate accounts to settle the debts instead. 

Just because they don't want their own cpf accounts to become empty so they turn to the public is it?

That illness is your own cross to bear so use your own money to treathe it yourself. 

Hi Raiden Alpha aka Keith Lee.

Guest Youdieyourproblem
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Why must I help?

My fault?

Policies faults. 

#youdieyourproblem.

You have learnt well from the party you hate. 

Acktoolly many peepur donated just $10 only. No one is asking you to donate your spleen.

1 hour ago, G_M said:

Interesting! RA is Keith Lee.

and since when do moderators condone the revelation of the real names of members, regardless current or ex?

49 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

and since when do moderators condone the revelation of the real names of members, regardless current or ex?

GM the bobo shooter moderator is more concerned about preventing his own real Facebook page URL from appearing here.

back to topic, any update on current shortfall?

in a busy robotic society like sg, it's good to pause for a second to show some compassion, whether or not u think it's a sufficiently deserving cause.

by giving a little material wealth, u gain a lot more humanity. 

i would definitely give again if there's a need.

every bit helps, guys.

1 hour ago, gc0805 said:

back to topic, any update on current shortfall?

in a busy robotic society like sg, it's good to pause for a second to show some compassion, whether or not u think it's a sufficiently deserving cause.

by giving a little material wealth, u gain a lot more humanity. 

i would definitely give again if there's a need.

every bit helps, guys.

315 Changemakers has donated SGD 27,156.60 as of now. But frankly, I suspect this amount might be good only for his immediate hospital bills, and not for his subsequent follow up bills.

• G_M locked this topic