Male HQ

What are your three wishes for Singapore?

Guest 72%dark

If God appears to you and grants you three wishes for Singapore, what would you wish for?

(Yes, I'm 'stealing' this question, but I think it's a genuinely interesting one and I'd love to hear lots of different views on this.

Of course, if you know where this question is from, you'll know that one possible answer includes "divine discontent" and "wisdom to count our blessings", quite obviously informed by a government administration perspective.

So, what are your wishes for Singapore?)

Guest Sincerest wishes

1. Mediacorpse fold up due to low viewership

2. Straits times fold up due to low readership

3. PAP gets injected with better blood or voted out

1)  Return to 25 years ago where Singapore still got Ford Road/Old Plaza Singapura/3 mil populations

2)  Fundamentalist religion don't exist anymore

3)  Revert the ministerial salary to old pioneer leaders earlier days.

1) Singaporeans to be more well-read and intelligent, so that can be more proficient in general affairs (hence made good conversationalist)

2) Singaporeans to be less selfish and less self-righteous in their views, and therefore will be more likeable

3) Singaporeans to be warm in their personalities instead of being aloof and detached

1. Singapore be first in everything in the world in terms of progressive/liberal social, economic and technological development

2. Singaporeans become smarter and analyze everything before drawing conclusion. Right now, Singapore have too many stupid people jumping to conclusion everywhere with lots of conspiracy theorists.

3. Both first and second wish come true.

Your question is biased towards those who believe in the existence of God.

Since I an atheist, I offer you Lawrence Khong's likely wishlist instead:

1. No more LGBTQ

2. Everyone an Evangelical Christian

3. Singapore becomes a Christian state and he is the head of the church

God will be happy with this choice.

Guest Yaya-PAPya

1) PRAWNS in Singapore can come down to earth and not think they are GOD just because of some "abs" due more to being skinny than genuine Fitness Model style abs.

2) Meth-Ice-Orgy-Chill-Sex phase will end in the local gay "community" (or whatever shit that is). This DIEASE is really destroying the local gays both young and old.

1. I think my hope is that Singapore will continue to progress and evolve into a more accepting society where differences are celebrated.
  2. Being LGBT is a non-issue so that there is no more need to celebrate Pink Dot. Instead Pink Dot will be used a day to promote diversity. 
  3. An openly out LGBT member of parliament, who is respected by the community he or she serves.

Love. 

Guest God Bless Me

My wishlist for Singapore is to:

1) Turn Pulau Tekong and Pulau Ubin into an elderly folks retirement resort with free housing/free food

2)  All medical cares are free for folks above 55yo.

3)  Unemployment income for people in-between-job.

17 hours ago, Guest Fuwar said:

Your question is biased towards those who believe in the existence of God.

As a non-religious person myself, I do not intend for the question to have any theistic dimension actually; I'm merely repeating the question (more or less) as it was originally phrased. 

For atheists, the question is still perfectly intelligible; it's just short for something like, “If you had the power/ability to control any event or circumstance in Singapore, what would you change/effect?”

5 hours ago, Guest God Bless Me said:

1) Turn Pulau Tekong and Pulau Ubin into an elderly folks retirement resort with free housing/free food

Bad wish / curse for pap.they r earning out of medical.

1. 70% Singaporeans will grow eyes to see the current ruling party as the self-serving party it really is.

2. 70% Singaporeans will grow brains to know that it can survive without the current ruling party.

3. 70% Singaporeans will grow balls and spine to bring the country forward without the current ruling party.

1. We (the fat people) will be under the capable leadership of pap forever.

2. 30% will be enlightened what is good for them (and this wish came true already).

3. Worker's Party will disband decades after its purpose to counter PAP has been accomplished.

Guest Ladybird

1)  I wish Singapore become a Gay Hub (to attact all the internal gays activities, celebrities and events)

2)  I wish Singapore can stop all unnecessary CONSTRUCTION works and plant more trees instead.

3)  I wish Istana can be vacated to Pulau Hantu and let the empty land turn into Disney World.

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Guest God Bless Me said:

This is a NO NO NO!!!

Trust me, many lazy bums will abuse this system. There are already enough lazy bums in our tiny island, we don't need to encourage more.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This is a NO NO NO!!!

Trust me, many lazy bums will abuse this system. There are already enough lazy bums in our tiny island, we don't need to encourage more.

You are a brainwashed dude.

So every country who have welfare are all lazy bums?

Let's hope karma bite you back in your ass one day and make you jobless forever.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This is a NO NO NO!!!

There will be conditions.  Prove to the state that you have applied XX number of relevant jobs and no news.  Jobsbank is a good platform to show proof and you get your unemployment income for that month.

1. Fresh air all year round.

2. Infinite natural resources and therefore less dependent on human labor to drive the economy.

3. A society where people have more compassion and considerate to others.

1. A more lively and vibrant civic life in Singapore, where we celebrate the diversity of perspectives to nurture an environment with multiple points of emotional attachment to this place we call home. 

2. For the government to make a firm stand in environmental conservation in Singapore.

3. Stay peaceful and respectful of one another, within and between countries. 

• 1 year later...
On 16/09/2016 at 12:56 PM, Guest Ladybird said:

1)  I wish Singapore become a Gay Hub (to attact all the internal gays activities, celebrities and events)

2)  I wish Singapore can stop all unnecessary CONSTRUCTION works and plant more trees instead.

3)  I wish Istana can be vacated to Pulau Hantu and let the empty land turn into Disney World.

Good I will join you

On 9/16/2016 at 4:57 PM, Guest Guest said:

This is a NO NO NO!!!

I can assure you, it just is'nt possible for anyone in most developed countries to even survive on welfare, never mind a country as expensive as Singapore. The welfare state is a last resort, and you'd have to be desperate to even try to survive on it. 

In Britain the monthly 'dole' is S$600 per month (*340 Pounds). Thats before other 'non cash' benefits are received. Even then - the hurdles to claiming it are awful, and humiliating.

On 9/15/2016 at 12:15 PM, Guest God Bless Me said:

You'd better make a fourth wish to ask for the money for this because no way would I want my tax money on these.

15 hours ago, Vellakare said:

I can assure you, it just is'nt possible for anyone in most developed countries to even survive on welfare, never mind a country as expensive as Singapore. The welfare state is a last resort, and you'd have to be desperate to even try to survive on it. 

I abhor the idea of welfare, and I'm curious if other Singaporeans feel the same way, given we were brought up in the same system.

Guest Honesty

1: let singapore have what they had in the 90’s with less than 3 million population

2: less foreigners in singapore especially expats

3: let singapore be a open minded country like america, australia and london towards the LGBT

My wish are:

1)   more freedom of expression including the freedom to exercise one's own creed (eg recognising rights of LGBT community)

2)   more transparency and accountability to the citizens on the part of the ruling party (be it PAP, WP or any others)

3)   more considerations for elderly and people with disadvantages (ie a more helping culture where the able assists the disabled)

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

• Guest locked this topic