Male HQ

Lady Gaga-Perfect Illusion

Guest Guest

Lady Gaga surprised the world where she dropped her new single Perfect Illusion on 8 Sep.

How was it? It is forgetable. It has more of a rock vocals. Gagabwent completely the opposite of the pretentious Artpop where she lost truckloads of fans...now Gaga is wearing short demin shorts minus the fake art or meat dress. 

Lyrics wise, its stupid. So early into her career, Gaga looks like she had lost it. The Fame now looks like a fluke. 

Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga. Produced by Mark Ronson.

Tryin' to get control
Pressure's takin' its toll
Stuck in the middle zone
I just want you alone
My guessing game is strong
Way too real to be wrong
Caught up in your show
Yeah, at least now I know

It wasn't love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (Perfect illusion)
Mistaken for love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (Perfect illusion)
You were a perfect illusion

I don't need eyes to see
I felt you touchin' me
High like amphetamine
Maybe you're just a dream
That's what it means to crush
Now that I'm wakin' up
I still feel the blow
But at least now I know

35 minutes ago, camus said:

had high hopes for her. her first 2 albums were really good. poker face and bad romance are my faves.

unfortunately this is her worst song ever...

The Fame and The Fame Monster were really good. Lead single Born This Way was a good pop song. That album had a few good tracks. But than she begin to have some terrible songs like Cake Like Gaga and the whole fiasco of Artpop. I believe she made the biggest decision to sack Troy Carter as Troy was not on favour in the directioj of Artpop. She than decide to go jazz further distance her fanbase who majority are pop fans. 

Pefect Illuion is expected to chart Billboard in the top 20s. But look at her historical lead single debute..Born This Way entered Billboard at No.1, Applause from Artpop enteted top 5. Perfect Illusion expected top 20. Looks like she had lost her touch. 

In tetms of touring, she is not that big a draw. Mind you, Gaga is still in her early stage of her career..excluding her jazz and remix album, she had 3..4th on the way....Madonna in comparison released Like A Prayer as her 4th album with Iconic songs Like A Prayer and Express Yourself. 

To save her career...she better go back to her pop roots, release some solid pop songs and get Troy Carter back fast. If her 4th album is not a hit, she can kiss her career goodbye.

On 9/15/2016 at 10:51 PM, Guest Guest121212 said:

Tbfh. She used to be the star... Until she released Artpop. The album got so bad reviews and didn't sold as much compared to her other albums that she sold the album for 99cents on amazon. ))): She's over

Edited by eddysimy

2 hours ago, eddysimy said:

Tbfh. She used to be the star... Until she released Artpop. The album got so bad reviews and didn't sold as much compared to her other albums that she sold the album for 99cents on amazon. ))): She's over

Artpop was not actually a failure. It sold about 2.5million world wide. Most artist will be thrilled with that figure however, compare that to:

1 -The Fame 12.5m sold

2-The Fame Monster 3.5m sold

3-Born This Way 8m sold

4-Artpop 2.5m sold

By the so called new queen of pop, its a drastic fall. All I can say is Troy Carter...she ahould had not scaked Troy as acted way to Atas which look so fake. 

Not that its all over...just make good pop music please. 

Laughable to think she used to be regarded as the next Madonna. 8 years into her career, Madonna released the immaculate collection, her first greatest hits of 17 smashes and went on the groundbreaking blonde ambition tour. 8 years after her debut, lady gaga released perfect illusion. 

18 hours ago, camus said:

Laughable to think she used to be regarded as the next Madonna. 8 years into her career, Madonna released the immaculate collection, her first greatest hits of 17 smashes and went on the groundbreaking blonde ambition tour. 8 years after her debut, lady gaga released perfect illusion. 

Joanne is Gaga's 4th album(if consider The Fame Monster), 1st single is Perfect Illusion. Madonna's 4th album was Like A Prayer...1st single than was Like A Prayer. You get the drift.

And now she tries to now sing like Sia...

Guest dsrtsrtj
On September 16, 2016 at 4:08 AM, Guest Guest said:

Artpop was not actually a failure. It sold about 2.5million world wide. Most artist will be thrilled with that figure however, compare that to:

1 -The Fame 12.5m sold

2-The Fame Monster 3.5m sold

3-Born This Way 8m sold

4-Artpop 2.5m sold

By the so called new queen of pop, its a drastic fall. All I can say is Troy Carter...she ahould had not scaked Troy as acted way to Atas which look so fake. 

Not that its all over...just make good pop music please. 

2.5m sold because of 99cents discounts.
As of date, it only sold 760K in the US. Tragic. 

Perfect illusion is now #40 on iTunes US. it's only 7 days into her sales. She's over.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:03 AM, gstc82 said:

Joanne is Gaga's 4th album(if consider The Fame Monster), 1st single is Perfect Illusion. Madonna's 4th album was Like A Prayer...1st single than was Like A Prayer. You get the drift.

And now she tries to now sing like Sia...

She still sing better than YOU, and you only know how to sing to the tune of PAP .

• 3 weeks later...

well though perfect illusion is okay only but the acoustic version is pretty nice. and songs like A-YO is a kinda fun song. million reasons sounds nice. angel down is pretty nice too. Joanne is not as bad as we all thought.

Edited by ndbt

dahsizhiamitabhaguanshiyin

Guest Lady Lala

Gaga has already earned enough popularity and cash, so now she can afford to be experimental with her work. Look at all the divas' work, they all went through a period of experimentation after having some hit songs.

After the Like A Prayer album, Madonna's singing career took a dip for years until the Ray Of Light album was produced.

Look at Mariah Carey, she had her few great hits early in her career, but most of her songs were "misses" after that. Same goes to Whitney.

Kylie Minogue was so unpopular during her experimentation phase but she reconnected with her fans till now with the Fever album.

Therefore, it is too early to say Gaga is over. She just needs a few new hits or a great new album to recover her popularity.

• 8 months later...
Guest Heng

Anyone here heard Lady Gaga before. Ever since my friend introduced me to her music last  month, I can’t stop listening to her music. Nice lyrics and great voice. She should become famous.

Guest Guest
On 09/07/2017 at 0:41 PM, Guest Heng said:

Anyone here heard Lady Gaga before. Ever since my friend introduced me to her music last  month, I can’t stop listening to her music. Nice lyrics and great voice. She should become famous.

Seriously?!?

Perfection Illusion wasn't an interesting song, it was rather boring. But Joanne is still easily her most artistic album. Million Reasons was a decent song. You can tell she never enjoyed being a pop sellout adding more garbage to the already artless and mundane pop industry. She's much too talented for that. She always performs acoustic when given the freedom to and they were always better, especially with her skills as a pianist that can play more than just a few basic chords. 

She's one of the only few pop stars worth listening to today.

Edited by xLeviathan

tumblr_n9n7xvNGWg1r5a08so1_1280.gif

Guest Desmond
On 09/07/2017 at 0:41 PM, Guest Heng said:

This is funny :P

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

but many disagree here, not sure why 

this "guest guest" fellow selling the album SO HARD! highly delusional and clearly living in his own world consisting of only gaga and him!  

36 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Ok, tks!

just to add on, her joanne album is revelatory!. daring (as in vocally, very exposed. not in term of showing flesh) and good honest efforts. dont u think?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.