Male HQ

The Sphere Sauna (Closed Down)

Admin

Guest Guest

Maybe the group of people who go to raw is different from those that go online to blowing wind. if you try you may get their feedback in other forums, just guessing.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest visitor to sphere

wu lah bo lang the bad news is sphere is officially closing down

for business operations this sunday - 11 march 2007

this sunday is last day of operations for sphere

what a waste not many people know of this bad news

however to be fair to the public and regular visitors of sphere,

this secret is to be divulged and shared to everybody,

however,this wednesday - 07 march 2007 sphere is having

incredibe only sgd 2.00 promotion for 1 last time

those who have not visited sphere and intends to visit

better do it now for 1 last time this wednesday take

advantage of the last special promotion before we

say bye to bye to sphere (the former v-club)

wu lah bo lang the bad news is sphere is officially closing down

for business operations this sunday - 11 march 2007

this sunday is last day of operations for sphere

what a waste not many people know of this bad news

however to be fair to the public and regular visitors of sphere,

this secret is to be divulged and shared to everybody,

however,this wednesday - 07 march 2007 sphere is having

incredibe only sgd 2.00 promotion for 1 last time

those who have not visited sphere and intends to visit

better do it now for 1 last time this wednesday take

advantage of the last special promotion before we

say bye to bye to sphere (the former v-club)

is there any nude nite this week?

i called them up and they have confirmed the closing down of the joint.

also tomorrow will be free for members, just pay $2 for the towels. Non-members will be charged $10.

another one bite the dust...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

also tomorrow will be free for members, just pay $2 for the towels. Non-members will be charged $10.

Thanks for your confirmation on their closing down. Just lost another $10 for membership joining fee :blink:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

worldangle "another one sauna down again" which other one?

Sorry my wording was not clear, it meant the one is 'Sphere', so in history:

1. Papillon

2. Rairua

3. V-Club

4. Sphere

So sad :oops:

you forgotten Spartacus. the pioneer in PLU history.

Yeah OB, you are right, to think of it how much joining fees I've spent:

After Spartacus, the owner (ML) moved the sauna to Ann Siang, forgot the name I think 'Nobody' I paid $10 again and then he closed it and moved again to another corner of Ann Siang and now called 'Raw' that one also another $10 joining fee. Since then I've never want to step there anymore.

Then, the Blue Heaven Sauna, when it was managed by the frenchman called Jacques, needed to pay $10 too for joining fee and now free for all for $12.

I think the valuable things left only their plastic membership cards which could be sold to some 'antique collectors' at Sungei Road as souvenir :oops: :blink:

Correction again.

Here is "most probably" the chronological history of the AJ sauna in Sg and why it folded business.

1. Spartacus = most probably due to management dispute

2. Stroke = most probably due to opening of new RAW / Lease up (Same owner of Spartacus)

3. The Box = most probably due to financial issues

4. Papillon = most probably due to poor management (str8 beng trying to earn pink dollars) & poor facilities

5. Rairua = due to reasons not make known (the grape vine says it's political)

6. V-Club = change of management (the grape vine says it debt related)

7. Sphere = most probably due to poor attitude of counter staff / word of mouth

Existing AJ Sauna still in business

1. Raw (Same owner of Stroke)

2. Blue Haven

3. 17

4. Towel Club

5. Shogun

6. Diamond

7. Y Club

Other AJ businesses which have faded into history. (Sunday events not counted)

1. Vincent's Pub (1st AJ pub in the AJ history of Singapore)

2. Niche (1st AJ Disco)

3. Inner Circle (1st AJ Karaoke)

4. Babylon (Karaoke)

5. Water Bar (Disco)

6. Chat Pub (Karaoke) (thanks for the info)

what is AJ stand for?

Other than GM already explained in his 'term' :thumb: , AJ also means:

English/Singlish

Ay-jay or A-jay - Pig Latinised form of 'gay', with the hard 'g' converted to a soft one to further disguise its form. Coined by English-educated schoolboys from some of the better schools in the 1990s.

Sources: Wikipedia

Guest Guest
Other AJ businesses which have faded into history. (Sunday events not counted)

1. Vincent's Pub (1st AJ pub in the AJ history of Singapore)

2. Niche (1st AJ Disco)

3. Inner Circle (1st AJ Karaoke)

4. Babylon

5. Water Bar

6. (the bar opposite old Inner Circle)(can't remember, anyone has the name?)

Chat pub own by Vincent Chua,owner of taboo

Guest Guest

called up V club today...deny closing down...sure or not? don't pretend pretend to get customers. hate artists who said farewell concert, but come back again....

Oh... so Vclub is still on its feet? Good. I go to Chinatown often and will visit when I feel like it.

Y-Club is still around but V-Club already converted into Sphere some times ago and reading from earlier post, tomorrow will be its last day too.

I recalled the legendary of the first ever sauna in Spore 'Spartacus' which located along South Bridge Road but the entrance from small lorong parallel to the main road. It was 'seek and hide' to go there, wanted to explore the first gay sauna but hestitated to be recoqnised by other :blink:

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Guest Friendly Guy

Absolutely right, front line staff especially counter staff needs to be friendly,polite & courteous. But frankly speaking, there are times & occasion when some customers are rude & demanding themselves!!!! :swear: Most of the time the counter staff is friendly but some rude customers tend to spoil their mood. :( There are also times when the counter staff greet & smile at the customers, they act ignorant & don't even recipocrate the greeting or smile back & give one kind of attitude expression :angry: ...Yes!! Customer service is important for a business BIG or small, but I strongly feel that it takes both hands to clap!!! Don't expect the staff to be nice when the customer is outright rude or arrogant!!Unless you are the friendly type & the staff gives you attitude or don't smile at all even though you smile, then you can say the staff is unfriendly!!! :angry: Let's all be friendly with each other & the PLU circle will be a better society to live in!!!!! :thumb:

So tonite (Wed 7 Mar 2007) is the last day of operation for Sphere Sauna?

Let us see whether some one would take over the place and run it again.

Sphere is definitely closing down after this sunday 11th March,it close down not because of rude counter staff.Out of so many gay saunas,Sphere staff is still ok. The worse one i've known of is Raw,the owner is really rude and staff is quite unfriendly.Even a few of 17 staff are unfriendly sometimes.But still there r so many people frequent these places.Sphere closing down is definitely not because of rudeness.

Sphere is definitely closing down after this sunday 11th March,it close down not because of rude counter staff.Out of so many gay saunas,Sphere staff is still ok. The worse one i've known of is Raw,the owner is really rude and staff is quite unfriendly.Even a few of 17 staff are unfriendly sometimes.But still there r so many people frequent these places.Sphere closing down is definitely not because of rudeness.

Thanks for the info. A few more days delay.

OMg, sphere is closed down...

It is a sad ending... :(:(

Compare to other PLU places, sphere is a nice place.. even the place is abit dirty but the staff are ok.. compare to place like TC, etc...

but since sphere is closed down.. sad to go to other place...

sian

**maybe a better name coming soon>?

i will wait a new name ...

258yvky.jpg

Compare to other PLU places, sphere is a nice place.. even the place is abit dirty but the staff are ok.. compare to place like TC, etc...

funny why so many people say TC staffs & the people there sucks? To me they are just fine, not bad, some of the TC staffs even smile & talk to me when i am there

funny why so many people say TC staffs & the people there sucks? To me they are just fine, not bad, some of the TC staffs even smile & talk to me when i am there

Maybe because u r young and cute,that is why they smile at you and having dirty thinking in their mind.As for me,i'm a uncle,you think they will smile at me....ha ha

At least in Sphere,the staff will still chat with me even though i'm old,because Sphere is a place for both young and old.....

So are they closing down or not? Kinda confusing...

According to matureuncle 52's report the last day would be Sunday 11 Mar 07. Let us see by next Sunday .... :oops:

Aiyo, first rumours about Sphere closing down, then it's not, then someone said 'definitely' closing down, now finally not afterall. More drama here than Desperate Housewives leh! But I think just by having new investor injecting funds is not enough to sustain Sphere through the coming months. They need to seriously look at ways to bring back the crowd because without crowd, sooner than later, the sauna would die. Best of luck to Sphere and would continue to support them when I'm in the vicinity.

accordingly, they are NOT closing after all. Was told they have new investor injecting funds...

Okay. That's a good news. Minimum I have saved $10 for my joining fees :lol:

Sphere have come to an end last night.No new investor or change of name.No refund of membership fee of $10,by the way,$10 of joining fee is saving you guys alot of money for entrance fee,so i guess let's not complain too much.Now Sphere is empty,anyone want to take over can look out for the owner of the property,i think they will advertise for take over very soon.

i got this feeling that by "changing ownership", they can charge for new membership again  :swear:

And that's why narrow-minded people should not be in business. They think we are all stupid and hard-up.

A fishing pond owner once told me he re-stocks the fishes as often as he can so that fishermen can catch as many fishes as they like. Even though it cost him more money to do so, he says he is not afraid of that. He is more afraid people would not come if they could not catch any fish. This chap is still in business after many years.

Although I have been to the old V-Club a couple of times, I did not patronise the Sphere even once. I am only one customer, but I think they are too narrow minded for me to spend my money there.

One more thing for those who are thinking of starting a pink business. Don't hire your boyfriends or people you are having sex with to work there. They think they OWN the place and seldom give good service. Hire only the the most service oriented people to do all the work. Trust me on this one.

:hat: :smokin:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Sphere have come to an end last night.No new investor or change of name.No refund of membership fee of $10,by the way,$10 of joining fee is saving you guys alot of money for entrance fee,so i guess let's not complain too much.Now Sphere is empty,anyone want to take over can look out for the owner of the property,i think they will advertise for take over very soon.

Thanks for the updated info, so finally the Sphere's curtain is down permanently.

One more thing for those who are thinking of starting a pink business. Don't hire your boyfriends or people you are having sex with to work there. They think they OWN the place and seldom give good service. Hire only the the most service oriented people to do all the work. Trust me on this one.

:hat: :smokin:

I will hire people who think they own the business. When you have that attitude, your service will be better. it's your place, your customers, your success, your everything, even your failure if things dun go well.

The trouble with those bf, etc is that they are bending themselves to be there for the owner... and they are doing the owner a favour... and therein lies the problem... they never thought they own the business.. they just owe the owner/doing him a favour, that's why service is fxxed up... becos the attitude is fxxed up...

If i ever hire based on those, without a written contract, I'd be quite stupid lor...

business is business... and if you cannot serve custers like you OWN the business, you should work in a production line factory somewhere... not be in the service industry...