Male HQ

Are you Rich enough to call yourself a SHOPAHOLIC ?

Guest 2606

Are you Rich enough to call yourself a SHOPAHOLIC ?

Inside PM Najib’s wife’s wardrobe: How much some of her items would cost

Posted on 20 September 2016 | 10,142 views | 1 comment

• najib_wife.jpg?itok=XDk5RaVe
  • datin_bag.jpg?itok=RzoVTEqn

According to Fortune.com via Vulcan post, prices for the bags range from 12,000USD to 223,000USD. They don't specifaclly know how much each of her bags cost, but according to a website they found, a crocodile skin bag costs 89,950USD, so all twelve of them would be 1,079,400USD (RM4,460,000).

• datin_bracelet.jpg?itok=FQvlbb9P

Though the Jacob&Co website doesn’t even list the price, Vulcan Post has assessed some online reports that  estimate each diamond to cost as much as RM100,000 per carat, and purports that the bracelet is worth RM1.65 million.

• datin_watch.jpg?itok=DLMhcjC4

One of the three watches owned by Rosmah which was featured in a series of images uploaded by The Malaysian Crime Watch Task Force (MyWatch) chairperson on his Facebook Page. The reported price on the image is RM79,200.

• datin_necklace.jpg?itok=l84SGmFV

The blogpost Vulcan post got these images from alleged that 25 of those golden pearls retails for USD99,000.

• datin_watch_3.jpg?itok=gp28hjZV

With a retail price of 142,500€ (RM660,400) this watch might be cheaper in the UK instead, where the estimated retail price is £120,500, which works out to RM656,338.

• datin_watch_2.jpg?itok=0T9p_IwD

In what seems to be the trend for objects in the her wardrobe, prices for the watch are not listed official on the Franck Muller’s website and other retailers and second hand listings have no price shown. Vulcan went ahead with MyWatch’s word for it and left the value at RM153,500.

• datin_shoes.jpg?itok=tHlpXBzr

Emmett shoes retail from around 200–400USD (RM825–RM1650), but since these were specially designed and one-of-a-kind, Vulcan can’t really put a price to it. After all, how does one put a price on exclusivity?

• najib_wife.jpg?itok=LmSMgHyj
  • datin_bag.jpg?itok=WosYR0BL
  • datin_bracelet.jpg?itok=sjheyQFv
  • datin_watch.jpg?itok=alXso9u-
  • datin_clothes.jpg?itok=tYylF5Gz
  • datin_necklace.jpg?itok=RDrtVnj6
  • datin_watch_3.jpg?itok=7xIknIMZ
  • datin_watch_2.jpg?itok=GWQagRkE
  • datin_shoes.jpg?itok=TYBA9pYN

Think you're a shopaholic? Well then you definitely haven't met the First Lady of Shopping who spent an estimated US$6 million shopping for designer items worldwide.

According to The Wall Street Journal via Vulcan Post, news broke last week alleging that Rosmah Mansor had spent at least 6 million USD (RM 24,863,700) in credit card charges shopping for designer items worldwide.

Since Vulcan had no access to the documents that could support this claim, they decided to figure out how much the good Datin spends on her wardrobe by analyzing what she wears.

It is good to note that some of these items could have been gifts and not purchased personally, as she explicitly mentioned in her biography:

“While welcoming guests, it is common courtesy for them to present us gifts as memorabilia. Among these gifts include rings, watches, jewellery and others. Some are very expensive and custom-made.

“When someone gives us something, it is not nice to reject it. This said, there is no reason for me to go around announcing that I have been presented watches, designer bags, and the rest. That’s just showing off.”

One thing’s clear though, she does have a thing for expensive designer items whether or not they were gifted or purchased.

Madonna's Material Girl comes to my mind when this FAT woman appears in the press.  It is all nothing but bad press and she deserves it.  There is no way she can afford to spend this amount of money when her husband is JUST a civil servant.  Does she know that all gifts must be surrender to the Treasury, especially if they are from foreign dignitaries. 

Funny isn't it, the wives of the 2 PM Lees need all the help from the fashionistas but at the very least, they are mindful NOT to flung their wealth in public.  Ho Ching took a SGD15 bag to the White House and that speaks volume.

Guest Emperor's neo clothes
8 hours ago, Guest Lol said:

It is a well known fact that malaysia's government is fucked up. But just one of her watch is more than what most of you have in the bank lol. Sigh

Same as singapore government. Many malaysians are fucked up too. Both najib and lsl are "natural aristocrats". They both give off the "oh i am just entitled but don't mind if i am useless" vibes.

Guest Magnifyer
9 hours ago, abang said:

Funny isn't it, the wives of the 2 PM Lees need all the help from the fashionistas but at the very least, they are mindful NOT to flung their wealth in public.  Ho Ching took a SGD15 bag to the White House and that speaks volume.

Being mindful doesn't mean not greedy.  Showing SGD15 bag doesn't mean they have no properties all over the world.  I see it as a strategies rather than mindful.  Some corruption are more legal than the others.  Behind the changing color (eiter dull and colorful) of a cameleon is a thirst for blood.  The highest paid polician in the world indeed speaks greater volume of "sacrificial" mindset.   I see Najib's wife as being who she was and honest about it.  There was no pretention in her which I like, albeit not well received.

7 minutes ago, Guest Magnifyer said:

Being mindful doesn't mean not greedy.  Showing SGD15 bag doesn't mean they have no properties all over the world.  I see it as a strategies rather than mindful.  Some corruption are more legal than the others.  Behind the changing color (eiter dull and colorful) of a cameleon is a thirst for blood.  The highest paid polician in the world indeed speaks greater volume of "sacrificial" mindset.   I see Najib's wife as being who she was and honest about it.  There was no pretention in her which I like, albeit not well received.

That is very true. She showed and prove the world she is not rich like Madam Najib

10 hours ago, abang said:

Madonna's Material Girl comes to my mind when this FAT woman appears in the press.  It is all nothing but bad press and she deserves it.  There is no way she can afford to spend this amount of money when her husband is JUST a civil servant.  Does she know that all gifts must be surrender to the Treasury, especially if they are from foreign dignitaries. 

$15 bag made by autistic children as apposed to a $12k hermes is PR speak for "i am inclusive". Speaks volume about her PR savvy, yes.

Does her assets equate her hubby's income?

Y cant she learn from her counterpart n act prudent.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Good Example
42 minutes ago, Guest Magnifyer said:

As First lady of Singapore, she is humble vs our First Lady Imeda she has 3000 pairs of shoes as well as Taiwan First Lady...she has tons of diamonds

Guest Diamonds r a gal best fren
3 minutes ago, Guest Good Example said:

As First lady of Singapore, she is humble vs our First Lady Imeda she has 3000 pairs of shoes as well as Taiwan First Lady...she has tons of diamonds

Their shoes and diamonds may be fake. Whereas our fist lady is a very shrewd but not very savvy business woman.

On 22/09/2016 at 8:33 AM, abang said:

You are brainless, ugly and your English sucks!!

I think it comes down to upbringing. Nouveau riche tend to flaunt their wealth and are not embarrassed by the excess they display. Think of someone wearing designer stuff from head to toe and with the brand/logo showing all over. 

People whose families have been rich for generations tend to be more subtle with their wealth and in some extreme cases go all the way to hide it. They don't have to prove anything to anyone, particularly when it comes to wealth. They may still shop for designer stuff but they will go for the more subtle stuff than bling bling all over. 

Love. 

My bosses wife and daughters wear like queen and princess. Whereas all the staffs worked extremely hard and were underpaid. I plan to quit at the first sign of economy recovery, which looks pretty soon.

Guest Hair mess freak
5 hours ago, doncoin said:

I think it comes down to upbringing. Nouveau riche tend to flaunt their wealth and are not embarrassed by the excess they display. Think of someone wearing designer stuff from head to toe and with the brand/logo showing all over. 

People whose families have been rich for generations tend to be more subtle with their wealth and in some extreme cases go all the way to hide it. They don't have to prove anything to anyone, particularly when it comes to wealth. They may still shop for designer stuff but they will go for the more subtle stuff than bling bling all over. 

The words here are 土豪。Singapore's best example: jamie chua. 

Singapore-Socialite-Jamie-Chua-plastic-s

Jamie1.jpg

Guest Bird keen 控
2 minutes ago, Guest Hair mess freak said:

The words here are 土豪。Singapore's best example: jamie chua. 

Singapore-Socialite-Jamie-Chua-plastic-s

Jamie1.jpg

When she dies her daughter is going to have a big headache. Lol

Guest who agrees.
8 hours ago, doncoin said:

Yes you have hit the nail right on the head!

I can't stand the former but respect the latter.

Btw, you have a sexy bod. ;) 

Guest who disagrees.
2 hours ago, Guest Bird keen 控 said:

When she dies her daughter is going to have a big headache. Lol

Nothing to be headache about.

Those Birkins are good investment. She did mention before, the value of one of her rare Birkins actually doubled over a few years!

Her daughter just needs to sell them away, cos many Hermes fans will fight over the bags.

1 hour ago, Guest who agrees. said:

Yes you have hit the nail right on the head!

I can't stand the former but respect the latter.

Btw, you have a sexy bod. ;) 

I think if you work hard for your money, there is no reason not to splurge. However, there is a fine line between class and crass.

When everyone around you is a millionaire, to stand out, you have to be a billionaire. Then once you are a billionaire, to stand out and be exclusive, you have depend on lineage or family name. How many generations of ancestors can you trace back? Were your ancestors always imperial scholars and the mandarine class or were they merchants, or worse, at one point peasants? In some circles, you may be a billionaire, but a good family name and lineage counts more than money. 

A "sexy" body is one of the things everyone can work and achieve. 

Who is this Jamie Chua? 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

Jamie Chua used to be working as an Singapore Airlines air stewardess before she got hooked up with an Indonesian tycoon, Nurdian Cuaca , whom she married subsequently and had two children with him — a son, Cleveland, 21 now, and a daughter, Calista, 17 now. The tycoon's businesses was rather shady and during her divorce after 15 years of marriage for unreasonable behaviour" (whatever that implies), she notoriously asked for more than $300,000 in monthly alimony fees to maintain her lifestyle, and the news was spread in almost every newspapers here in Sg. The case was subsequently settled out of courts, so we do not know just how much alimony fees she is getting now. But looking at the situation, she got a very good deal.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Jamie Chua used to be working as an Singapore Airlines air stewardess before she got hooked up with an Indonesian tycoon, Nurdian Cuaca , whom she married subsequently and had two children with him — a son, Cleveland, 21 now, and a daughter, Calista, 17 now. The tycoon's businesses was rather shady and during her divorce after 15 years of marriage for unreasonable behaviour" (whatever that implies), she notoriously asked for more than $300,000 in monthly alimony fees to maintain her lifestyle, and the news was spread in almost every newspapers here in Sg. The case was subsequently settled out of courts, so we do not know just how much alimony fees she is getting now. But looking at the situation, she got a very good deal.

She is a gold digger. That's why she hooked up with that tycoon business man. After gaining a massive fortune, wealthy and assets, she dumped the guy and still demand for alimony fee. But if I'm not wrong, I seen a report that she's getting $500,000 per month. Now she's hoking up with a wealthy lawyer. She is always going for all kinds of beauty treatment just to make herself look young and beautiful to con more mens. Dumb guys. 

Guest Posh spice
7 hours ago, Guest who disagrees. said:

Nothing to be headache about.

Those Birkins are good investment. She did mention before, the value of one of her rare Birkins actually doubled over a few years!

Her daughter just needs to sell them away, cos many Hermes fans will fight over the bags.

Yes she said in another interview that one of her bags which she bought for 300k sing dollars had since increased in value by a few more times of that price. Imagine selling it for a million dollars down the road. Great investment!

Guest Lai Siu Chiu

It's obviously an addiction like drugs. They probably give her her confidence. You notice she'll get the same color same skin in different sizes, and each size in every color. Even the miniature ones. She'll only forgo the biggest size more suitable for men. It's probably on obsession she developed when she cash in her $300k cheque everyone month and couldn't find a faster and more efficient way to spend it. What a shallow woman!

Guest shallow vs deep
39 minutes ago, Guest Lai Siu Chiu said:

It's obviously an addiction like drugs. They probably give her her confidence. You notice she'll get the same color same skin in different sizes, and each size in every color. Even the miniature ones. She'll only forgo the biggest size more suitable for men. It's probably on obsession she developed when she cash in her $300k cheque everyone month and couldn't find a faster and more efficient way to spend it. What a shallow woman!

Yes shallow she is, just like that David Gan. Both of them can't wait to show off their branded stuff. But I prefer people who look nice and confident even with normal brands. Frankly speaking, David doesn't have the look to carry any branded stuff well.

People may say that we are sour grapes, but seriously, these filthy rich people are filling their boredom and unhappiness with all these branded stuff which can never satisfy them for long.

Guest 老蛇精

She is spending others' money, so she won't hesitate to get all the different shades of yellow for a single size of hermes. If she earned that money herself, she will consider whether she REALLY need all that various shades of the SAME color for one model? She is showing a very bad example to her children. Together with her skimpy photos online famously posing with her branded bags, people are going to judge her children more harshly because of their mum. She is behaving in a very reckless, selfish and irresponsible way. In other words, this middle-aged woman still has A LOT of growing up to do. No wonder her marriage failed.

I am definitely NOT jealous of her. I am satisfied with my life and I do NOT need such materialistic things to dictate my well-being.

Is JC short-tongued? She sounds like it and ends all her sentence in mid-air. Money can buy all the fineries/luxe in life but the aura she exudes is just panache, without much substance.  

从Youtube里看到有钱可以任性, 但内涵和知识的欠缺比较难补救。怎么讲呢。。。就是少了点气质,灵气的东西。

知足常乐。。一大乐事也!

Guest Remembered
4 hours ago, Guest shallow vs deep said:

Yes shallow she is, just like that David Gan. Both of them can't wait to show off their branded stuff. But I prefer people who look nice and confident even with normal brands. Frankly speaking, David doesn't have the look to carry any branded stuff well.

People may say that we are sour grapes, but seriously, these filthy rich people are filling their boredom and unhappiness with all these branded stuff which can never satisfy them for long.

We have local civil servant who took 3-5 months paid leaves to bring whole family to learn expensive french cooking in france. He even have the cheeck to defend himself by saying that if there is proper system in place, his lengthy absence is no issue.   The last I heard this guy has retired early with his millions for doing nothing in the civil service world.  The MPs also supported him by calling Singaporeans lesser mortal and lesser stork of being jealous of the civil servants's wealth.

Well since none of here knows Jamie Chua personally, nobody can really say she is a shallow person or not. I am not defending her, but unless you really know a person, what you see on screen is just optics. 

Sure, she does have an excessive fondness for designer bags and shoes etc. which could have been better used to better the world, but it is her money. 

In addition, this topic is about "shopaholic" which like alcoholics, suggests a deeper issue below the surface. Sure she may come across in the video having a glamourous life with an amazing bag collection. She keeps buying more and more, will the empty void in her ever be fulfilled? 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

While jc may not exude the 大家闺秀气质 she definitely presents herself better than that mediacorp ah lian.

As for her indulgence in branded goods i can only say that 万般带不走唯有业随身。 hope she will use her wealth more wisely.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Woman wasting oxygen
4 hours ago, doncoin said:

Well since none of here knows Jamie Chua personally, nobody can really say she is a shallow person or not. I am not defending her, but unless you really know a person, what you see on screen is just optics. 

Sure, she does have an excessive fondness for designer bags and shoes etc. which could have been better used to better the world, but it is her money. 

In addition, this topic is about "shopaholic" which like alcoholics, suggests a deeper issue below the surface. Sure she may come across in the video having a glamourous life with an amazing bag collection. She keeps buying more and more, will the empty void in her ever be fulfilled? 

From her 谈吐, can tell a lot about her personality and character. She is considered a 轻浮 (frivolous) and 飘忽 (flighty) woman. I think she lacks confidence in herself, and needs all these material goods to prop up her stature. Probably came from peasant background (her rojak diction, accent, enunciation, etc) and wasn't nurtured by parents, now need to present herself in ways that will find men to come and spoil and pamper her. Obviously a ditzy 花痴 with nothing better to do than shop shop shop. When she said she is a foodie and loves cooking, the video showed her "tapao" sushi and sashimi to go with the boring salad that she was making. Duh! That accent is funny on barbarella but on a real person? REAL PERSON? I cannot believe she is real. Come on, who in the right mind will buy so many hermes bags and louboutins. She got how many pairs of legs and arms? Is she attending functions as a socialite DAILY, 24/7? like she said in one of the videos, it takes three crocodiles to make one croc hermes bag, and she admitted those diamond encrusted crocs are flashy and seldom used as she can't find the suitable occasions for them most of the time. BUT SHE BOUGHT SO MANY OF THEM JUST TO DISPLAY IN HER DOLLHOUSE FOR TV CAMERAS TO SHOOT. Have she spared a thought for those poor crocodiles? Why can't she donate those money to the poor african childen or save the street dogs instead of wasting them on such an alarming number of useless bags? To take it out on his husband for whatever unreasonable behaviour he had committed? I think she had more than recovered her losses with that huge alimony amount paid out to her every month, so she should find some better uses for that kind of money instead of splurging on luxuries and beauty regimes instead of abusing the women's charter and make it look even more stupid which it already is due to all the women abusing it.

Guest An eye for bad women

That woman is vile. Like she can tell genuine hermes from their smell, i can tell crappy women from their mannerisms. Look at all her 不可一世的小动作!SLUT.

Guest 百目妖

When mediacorpse channel 8 interviewed her like as if she is a unicorn to be admired and envied, i felt it could do better to showcase some normal functioning gays instead. At least children wouldn't think "when i grow up, i want to be jamie chua". Then all the schools can shut down already.

18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The tycoon's businesses was rather shady and during her divorce after 15 years of marriage for unreasonable behaviour" (whatever that implies), she notoriously asked for more than $300,000 in monthly alimony fees to maintain her lifestyle,

Vile and disgusting. You'd think a man of this status would be enough but theres ALWAYS an excuse to back out and bleed the alimony cash cow. I am sickened at the amount of times this is happening especially in the states.

11 minutes ago, Snapplejacked said:

Vile and disgusting. You'd think a man of this status would be enough but theres ALWAYS an excuse to back out and bleed the alimony cash cow. I am sickened at the amount of times this is happening especially in the states.

Ok the ones in the us of a are PROFESSIONALS like this jamieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee crap, which is more rare in singapore?

Guest Malaysian Kampong Lian
4 hours ago, fab said:

While jc may not exude the 大家闺秀气质 she definitely presents herself better than THAT MEDIACORP AH LIAN.

As for her indulgence in branded goods i can only say that 万般带不走唯有业随身。 hope she will use her wealth more wisely.

Got so many down there. Which one you refering to?

11 hours ago, Guest Malaysian Kampong Lian said:

Got so many down there. Which one you refering to?

This one.

演技烂

没内涵

语言差

外表俗气

都不是问题

糟糕的是还要

自称阿姐

满口粗话

摆架子

中伤同事

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic