Male HQ

Singaporeans Should not Complain but Appreciate

Guest guest

Singaporeans should not complain but appreciate you are living is the best place in the world.

Singapore the best place for expats to live, work and raise a family

Lee-Hsien-Loong-3.jpg

By: Kheng-Liang Tan

In a survey of 27,000 expats from 190 countries, Singapore has been named the best country to live, work and raise a family for the second consecutive year.

With an average earnings of US$139,000 (S$189,250),

62% said that they are earning more in Singapore

while 66% felt their quality of life is better compared with their home country.

HSBC’s Expat Explorer 2016 also commended Singapore for its safe environment, saying that 84% of expats feel safer in Singapore than in their home country versus a global average of 52%.

Of the people surveryed, 26% came from Britain, 18% from Malaysia and 12% from India

23 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Celery?ntuc have

Can use voucher?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Expat Singaporean

That's true.   I was an expat Singaporean working overseas.  Salary was better than what I earned in Singapore.  Can also afford to drive a car and stayed in a better apartment.  No traffic jam, no long queue at supermarket or waiting for seat at restaurant.   Most of all, people there don't discriminate against foreigners.  

43 minutes ago, cutejack said:

I agree .last time sporeans stay in slum kind places sharing kitchen n toilets with neighboirirs.now want condo style houses la.higher level with balcony etc etc n yet complain?life here much more better compared to other countries.

... last time matar wear shorts, now can wear pants, so we cannot complain also.

... life so much better here than North Korea, we should only complain after we regress until we are worse than them.

Guest Local Talent
9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

With an average earnings of US$139,000 (S$189,250),

62% said that they are earning more in Singapore

I thought bosses said they want to cut cost by bringing in foreigners.  It seems their average salary speak otherwise.  Singaporeans are way much cheaper if that is the average earnings of a foreigners.  Were Singaporeans shortchanged by our bosses all these decades? 

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

... last time matar wear shorts, now can wear pants, so we cannot complain also.

... life so much better here than North Korea, we should only complain after we regress until we are worse than them.

Don't you know? Some matar back to wearing shorts since 2012.

10 hours ago, Guest Expat Singaporean said:

That's true.   I was an expat Singaporean working overseas.  Salary was better than what I earned in Singapore.  Can also afford to drive a car and stayed in a better apartment.  No traffic jam, no long queue at supermarket or waiting for seat at restaurant.   Most of all, people there don't discriminate against foreigners.  

Please do not bull shit , I have been travelling a lot and I can assure and testify that discrimination happens everywhere in the world and many places appears much more than Singapore ! 

Guest Come around
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Please do not bull shit , I have been travelling a lot and I can assure and testify that discrimination happens everywhere in the world and many places appears much more than Singapore ! 

So this is a world of discrimination.   We discriminate against foreigners here, but we're discriminated against when travelling overseas.  

Guest Come around
1 hour ago, Guest cynical said:

I bet more than half of the expat surveyed are from developing countries, thus earning more and better quality of life in their home country.

In Singapore, I guess most expats are from Malaysia, Philippines and India.  Countries like China and Bangladesh provide mainly foreign workers.  

On 9/22/2016 at 5:39 PM, Guest Expat Singaporean said:

Antartica? Don't be stupid.

2 hours ago, Guest Lol said:

Antartica? Don't be stupid.

It's not stupid.  Either you remain in Singapore and continue to complain (nothing will change anyway) or you work overseas and enjoyed all the perks of an overseas expatriate and earned tax exempted income.

• Guest locked this topic