Male HQ

external-structure-from-tampines-block-collapses

fab

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/external-structure-from-tampines-block-collapses/3154354.html

:mellow:

• l
  •  More

SINGAPORE: A concrete structure that gave way outside a four-storey HDB block along Tampines Street 23 has been removed, after close to seven hours. No one was hurt as a result of the incident that happened on Sunday morning (Sep 25).

tampines-hdb-structure-collapse-data.jpg

(Photo: Fiona Tan)

The structure serves as a sun shield for a unit on the fourth storey of Block 201E. According to Member of Parliament for Tampines GRC Cheng Li Hui, an engineer and safety officer have assessed the situation.

Tampines Town Council, which is the building owner of the HDB block, was directed by the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) to engage a professional engineer to advise on the necessary measures to remove the dislodged sun breaker, as well as to carry out a detailed investigation and recommend permanent rectification works.

The professional engineer engaged by Tampines Town Council has inspected and assessed that the structural integrity of the main building is not affected by the incident, said BCA.

A sun breaker on the third floor was also damaged during the fall but Ms Cheng said the structure will “unlikely” be removed on Sunday as it may not be safe to do so. “It’s still quite attached, so we will be building a proper platform and we will be looking at removing it over the next week,” she said.

BCA also said that as an added safety precaution, the professional engineer is also required to inspect all the other HDB blocks in the area with similar architectural facade.

Meanwhile, a statement from HDB said that the sun breaker is "non-structural in nature and will not affect the building’s structural integrity". 

"HDB engineers have inspected the block and ascertained that the building is structurally safe. There were no injuries," the emailed response added. "Our engineers are investigating the cause of the incident."

tampines-structure-close-up-data.jpg

(Photo: Leong Wai Kit) 

According to an eyewitness who spoke with Channel NewsAsia, the sun breaker fell at around 10am. “I heard sounds of glass shattering,” she said.

The owner of the affected unit, Mr Choo Keat Thin, said an HDB officer has been called to check the internal structure of his flat.

"I was watching TV, and I heard a 'boom' sound," said Mr Choo. "So I came to the window to take a look and I saw the beam fell. I thought this beam will cause danger to the public downstairs, so I call 999.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

5 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

Dont worry lah.....有关当局 will tell us it is not a critical structure and will not cause any safety issue...like what they have told us about the MRT/LRT incidents. 安啦!

70% voted for this, so don't complain!

5 minutes ago, KENZ said:

If drop on my head for sure I dong dong chiang liao ... Don't say you cry ar, I also will cry ar haha LOL

Touch wood.dont say that.lolxxx

But surprisingly it's an old building.should b strong n well constricted on those days le.anyway u wear helmet when u go out ok.hahahaha

Edited by cutejack

11 hours ago, KENZ said:

Wa!!! This one drop on someone's head is no joke man.... Ouch!!!

Ya luckily didnt drop especially on u.so cute with well trained body.i will cry.:yuk:

1 hour ago, KENZ said:

If drop on my head for sure I dong dong chiang liao ... Don't say you cry ar, I also will cry ar haha LOL

Touch wood.dont say tat.lolxxx

But surprisingly it's a quiet old building.should b stronger n better constructed on those days.wondering..u tc hor.wear helmet ok.hahahaha

58 minutes ago, Willy said:

The name HDB explains everything.

HDB - Housing Done Badly.

Dont say like that.only in spore even sweeper owns a house. Own house.heard news on radio few months back that own a house is still in dreams of 90% of ppl in malaysia.not far ok.our neighbouring country.so  mistake do happen.learn to appreciate dude.

11 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Ya luckily didnt drop especially on u.so cute with well trained body.i will cry.:yuk:

Touch wood.dont say tat.lolxxx

But surprisingly it's a quiet old building.should b stronger n better constructed on those days.wondering..u tc hor.wear helmet ok.hahahaha

Dont say like that.only in spore even sweeper owns a house. Own house.heard news on radio few months back that own a house is still in dreams of 90% of ppl in malaysia.not far ok.our neighbouring country.so  mistake do happen.learn to appreciate dude.

I think u have mistaken, bro. 

Quality of flat has got nothing to do with per cent of ppl owning the flat.

Due to lower quotation, the lower material used and poor workmanship cos of unskilled or semi skilled workers will affect the quality of the flat.

13 hours ago, KENZ said:

Wa!!! This one drop on someone's head is no joke man.... Ouch!!!

If dropped on your head, you fainted. A fat old ugly bitch came to your rescue by performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. You woke up, felt grateful to her and married her?

4 hours ago, cutejack said:

No flirting pls. :P

Anyway shocking such thing happens in hdb. If it is private property not as shocking.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Aunty Lucy
22 minutes ago, fab said:

No flirting pls. :P

Anyway shocking such thing happens in hdb. If it is private property not as shocking.

You flirt police you! *duck face*

2 hours ago, fab said:

The article mentioned that "据建屋发展局网站,该组屋在1987年落成,已有29年历史。据那带居民指出,该座组屋曾在约一年前完成家居改进项目(Home Improvement Program)" (the flats was built in 1987 but the HIP was done a year ago). Was the affected part done during the HIP or was it the original structure?

Guest Exciting homes
3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The article mentioned that "据建屋发展局网站,该组屋在1987年落成,已有29年历史。据那带居民指出,该座组屋曾在约一年前完成家居改进项目(Home Improvement Program)" (the flats was built in 1987 but the HIP was done a year ago). Was the affected part done during the HIP or was it the original structure?

From what i remember, sun shields are new hdb features.

On 26/09/2016 at 5:13 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes, new...

• 3 weeks later...

20161020_news_lift.jpg

Read that an external wall fell off 11 floors of a hdb block in Circuit road. Think after yesterday early morning when there was very strong winds. Said to drop onto middle of the road and nobody was hurt. The pic above shown what is left of that part and how it should be like.

Partial chinese article here.

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local-News/story20161020-482761

Mmm...any other news on this?

Something from funan or nearby dropped too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic