Male HQ

Can a small framed body get big?

Anyone who has a small framed body like skeletal structure is kinda small compared to others (AKA height and width of body)? And have you guys managed to get big and buff despite your small frame? I have a small frame, my friends tell me that I'm very small, but I am quite muscular compared to them. Please advice :( 

Er.. 168/61 isn't small. Your friends are probably referring to your height. And sorry for bursting your bubble butt but the chances of growing a few centimeters more after puberty is as good as none. You can keep bulking horizontally, though I wouldn't recommend it... not at that height at least.

<<< wants to bulk too. Help pls.

4 hours ago, Glyph said:

Er.. 168/61 isn't small. Your friends are probably referring to your height. And sorry for bursting your bubble butt but the chances of growing a few centimeters more after puberty is as good as none. You can keep bulking horizontally, though I wouldn't recommend it... not at that height at least.

<<< wants to bulk too. Help pls.

I'm kinda bulking a little tho, I wanna increase my width more cause I'm kinda more lean and toned but I want some size. Not overly big tho 

23 hours ago, Samsam said:

Anyone who has a small framed body like skeletal structure is kinda small compared to others (AKA height and width of body)? And have you guys managed to get big and buff despite your small frame? I have a small frame, my friends tell me that I'm very small, but I am quite muscular compared to them. Please advice :( 

168cm and 61kg, yes still possible. Some "famous" but unscientifically proven method is to measure the height-100, that would be the "ideal" built that you can achieve, supposedly genetically. So based on that, you still have lots of room to grow. Do eat more and workout more.

43 minutes ago, xydboy said:

168cm and 61kg, yes still possible. Some "famous" but unscientifically proven method is to measure the height-100, that would be the "ideal" built that you can achieve, supposedly genetically. So based on that, you still have lots of room to grow. Do eat more and workout more.

height-100 means the weight? Eg 168cm - 100

so that "ideal" would be 68kg?

8 hours ago, xydboy said:

Oh I've read about this before :) I'm currently 64kg so 4 more to go :) 

On 9/29/2016 at 11:36 PM, traverserxxx said:

height-100 means the weight? Eg 168cm - 100

so that "ideal" would be 68kg?

Yeap that is it. Its not scientifically sound cause evidently it has not been proven to be robust. But this has served its function as a rule of thumb of many bodybuilders or any form of physique athletes.

8 hours ago, xydboy said:

Yeap that is it. Its not scientifically sound cause evidently it has not been proven to be robust. But this has served its function as a rule of thumb of many bodybuilders or any form of physique athletes.

can you advice how to be overweight ? i would like to be 75kg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

168/61 isn't small. Nor big.  When I started out, I was 168/170, 55kg.  Not impressive in terms of weight.  I then embarked on a speed course in weight gain through lifting weights.  And gained 10kg! in a couple of months.

It required dedication, plenty of sleep, supplements to aid recovery, and a mind that is free of worries.   I achieved it at a time when I was 55!!  and out of work and so could afford the time. 

Once you achieved what you think is your optimum weight, you have to continue 'maintenance' or upkeep. Otherwise, like in my case, start to lose weight slowly but not to the extent of what I started out as... underweight.     

Finally, eating without doing workout will not work if your metabolism is high.   

9 minutes ago, Guest blog said:

168/61 isn't small. Nor big.  When I started out, I was 168/170, 55kg.  Not impressive in terms of weight.  I then embarked on a speed course in weight gain through lifting weights.  And gained 10kg! in a couple of months.

It required dedication, plenty of sleep, supplements to aid recovery, and a mind that is free of worries.   I achieved it at a time when I was 55!!  and out of work and so could afford the time. 

Once you achieved what you think is your optimum weight, you have to continue 'maintenance' or upkeep. Otherwise, like in my case, start to lose weight slowly but not to the extent of what I started out as... underweight.     

Finally, eating without doing workout will not work if your metabolism is high.   

eat M O R E lor, boh pian

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.