Male HQ

Which CAT A Japanese car will you recommend

Guest Guest

Must it be Japanese? Well you can try exploring M3. (Not the one from BMW) :P

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

11 hours ago, aedile1234 said:

Whats your budget or range? I've driven a hyundai for over 10 years and it has broken down only once... which was my fault actually...

Wah...that is great.

My budget is hopefully ard 100k. Max 110k......

Some say is buy Hyundai or KIA, best drive all the way until 10years as resale value v low....

Buy Kia Forte good. Lots of tech offer and good ext look. Kia no call back.

Dont buy jap cars. Sibei expensive and not much new tech offer. But jap cars many call backs these few years.

somemore why support jap imperialism?

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Wah...that is great.

Some say is buy Hyundai or KIA, best drive all the way until 10years as resale value v low....

Then you can try the new Hyundai Accent (1.4)... but if you want a bit more I think your budget can get the Elantra (1.6) also.. but true... if u get a hyundai... drive all the way for 10 years...

1 hour ago, lekoopi said:

How about the spare parts for the new korean cars? Are the parts expensive? Nowadays the korean car design look nice and looks like European design.

Honda spare parts is more exp compare to toyota.

So far I have been servicing at Komoco itself. Haven't had to replace anything exception except 1 timing belt for the previous hyundai... the service is quite reasonable and fast.. convenient location also.. can walk to MRT after u drop off your car

2 hours ago, lekoopi said:

How about the spare parts for the new korean cars? Are the parts expensive? Nowadays the korean car design look nice and looks like European design.

Honda spare parts is more exp compare to toyota.

Yes, that is what I heard too. Honda servicing and spare parts are ex. 

If considering maintenance, servicing and repair, Toyota is most affordable.

If resale value, Honda and Toyota best.

If driving experience, Mazda.

If appearance, Mazda 3, Kia K3, 

If fuel consumption, Toyota Prius...

If space, Jazz..

Correct me if wrong

(With reference to abt 100k budget and Japan or Korean car)

Yes I would think for Japanese cars within that budget, Mazda 3 offers the best overall package. Made in Japan quality, sporty drive and competitive pricing by agent (price almost matching parallel importers) makes it an easy choice. In fact, if you can stretch the budget by another 15k or so, the Mazda 6 is a no brainer.

Edited by gc0805

Guest Car commentator

Driven Nissan Sunny and Toyota Corolla. My relatives driving Honda, Subaru and Mercedes. Have test drive both K3 and Elantra, M3, Corolla Altis, volvo, Mercedes etc, both Korea cars are as good as Jap cars  IMHO. 

1. You have stated within 110k budget which is right to plan onset. however, please include these yearly insurance / road tax/ monthly fuel and maintenance (10k usually) as a package. Also, your job security. Because if u sell your car within first six months to a year, u will easily lose 20% or more.

2. Think of space, Mazda is slightly smaller and hence will be tighter if u want to squeeze 5 persons in a car consistently. K3 and Corolla Altis should be more spacious.

3. Driving experience, in term of engine in low gear might be Mazda 3. But is slow if u have load as the 1.5L engine can't speed up as fast as 1.6 L engine like Corolla, K3, Elantra and Civic.

4. tech wise, please check specifically with the sales person. It can be touchy as they have basic model and exclusive (premium) or whatever they called. the trick is to ask consumers to pay more. Generally, ask the questions like do u really need it or good to have? And how often u using all those Tech functions. If u r in the cars for 8hrs a day, I would recommend u fork out a few K more to secure these options. Otherwise, have minimum. generally, K3 Premium has best Tech gadgets.

go Google to see the comparison of those models you interested in. Most important of all, go test drive and see for yourself.

15 hours ago, gc0805 said:

Yes I would think for Japanese cars within that budget, Mazda 3 offers the best overall package. Made in Japan quality, sporty drive and competitively pricing by agent (price almost matching parallel importers). In fact, if you can stretch the budget by another 15k or so, the Mazda 6 is a no brainer.

Yes I heard Mazda is v good but only if it is a 2l car. The 1.6l car is slow and weak.....

Also both the cost of maintenance and fuel consumption are high

17 hours ago, icyblue said:

can consider honda vezel? 

The car is quite value for money. But... please check this honest review:

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

On 30 September 2016 at 0:04 PM, Guest Guest said:

Wah...that is great.

If you are budget conscious, yes conti is definitely out.

Base on ur budget, i think u can consider Kia K3. You won't get much an issue from this car just that it is not that fast.

Korean spare parts are the cheapest. There's lots of OEM parts too.

Yes Korean cars have low resale value. But the purchase price is also lower for a start.

If you like a Japanese, go test out M3 and Jazz if you don't mind a hatch.

• Guest locked this topic