Male HQ

Discussion on Nathan Hartono (compiled)

Guest Guest

Nathan Hartona won 2nd place in Sing! CHINA.

i remembered Nathan sang jazz standards and english. I never heard him sing or had an interest in chinese songs.

Now that he came in 2nd place, will he sell out and sing chinese songs instead instead of his jazz songs? I hope that he will continue to sing and release a jazz english album instead of going all Jay Chou...

Nathan hartono should reject any record deals in china that make him sing chinese pop jay chou songs and be a sell out.

Now the question is will he distch singapore and go to china and sing pop songs because of fame and money! Do not dissapoint us your loyal fans Nathan!

Guest lets be real

he is not disappointing us. we are not going to be one feeding him, touch your heart and ask if you ever paid for any of his songs/performances. i think if given a chance to expand elsewhere to make a better living out of music, why not. 

Guest He MUST

of cos that is the right way.......go China.  It is for the best of him.....There is nothing wrong with it.  All enterprises have gone or are trying to get into China.  HK and Taiwan artistes have ditched their native land and ventured into China.  It is dumb not to do so.  

4 minutes ago, Guest lets be real said:

he is not disappointing us. we are not going to be one feeding him, touch your heart and ask if you ever paid for any of his songs/performances. i think if given a chance to expand elsewhere to make a better living out of music, why not. 

So to you money is above everything? Money and fame is above passion and interest? Money make you become a sellout? In the pursuit of money, throw everything out of the window?

Why tell that to him in this forum? You should tell him that on his facebook or twitter or instagram?

Although, personally I feel that a really good artiste should not box himself up into a single genre and market. Esp one who is still young. But since you are his fan, let him know directly. He owes you to be who you want him to be anyway.

On 10/7/2016 at 11:26 PM, Guest lets be real said:

100% agreed....

there will be never a 100% loyal fan... look at tracy huang loyal fan in sg, when she got concert, all suddenly pop out like die hard fan.

i think all singer beside want frame and $...so why stop him - sg market too tiny to feed him, even his family biz tunk lok also unable to golden spoon him enough.

if you love him, let him free...never restrict his frame elsewhere.

On 10/8/2016 at 0:14 AM, Guest Guest said:

He is FT from Indonesia?

did he serve army in Singapore ? 

i doubt so....

why keep saying him as singaporean....maybe pr

was he born in singapore ?

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

did he serve army in Singapore ? 

i doubt so....

why keep saying him as singaporean....maybe pr

was he born in singapore ?

Nathan did NS in 2009! Don't defame Nathan!

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Diamond said:

i think you may want to confirm again...

Don't defame Nathan! Nathan should learn from Sun on how yo deal with fame and haters. Sun is the only Singaporean Star that has international fame and industruy cloud..as she had worked with Wyclef Jean, Lady Saw, Elephant Man, Carol Bayer and many others top international acts. David Foaster even said Sun is the next Whitney Huston! Sun is so close with Wyclef that she is on first name basis witj him and calls him Clef! Only Wyclef's inner circle can call him Clef!

Therefore it is only good and wise for Nathan to be under the mentorship of Sun instead of Jay Chow who cannot hold a candle against Sun. Jay failed as an international artist as Sun's fame goes worldwide.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Don't defame Nathan! Nathan should learn from Sun on how yo deal with fame and haters. Sun is the only Singaporean Star that has international fame and industruy cloud..as she had worked with Wyclef Jean, Lady Saw, Elephant Man, Carol Bayer and many others top international acts. David Foaster even said Sun is the next Whitney Huston! Sun is so close with Wyclef that she is on first name basis witj him and calls him Clef! Only Wyclef's inner circle can call him Clef!

Therefore it is only good and wise for Nathan to be under the mentorship of Sun instead of Jay Chow who cannot hold a candle against Sun. Jay failed as an international artist as Sun's fame goes worldwide.

let be clear one thing ....dun put word into my mouth that i defame him. 

i dun know anything about Sun and your source about her industry cloud - but with her hubby court case that use church fund to booast her music career already a downward fame into ashes. I wish her strong to stand firm to her family while her hubby in jail that all.

Jay Chow so far unable to mentor any his exiting students in taiwan. He can only use his fan base to like Nathano - that all. In fact, Jay need him to write song for him to booast his next image.

Nathan still liable to his singapore contract and some restriction still in place - especially now singapore and china relationship is in stress level, who know Nathan may declare that from Indonesian man. Anyway, i personally think Nathan deserve a music career beside china so let him have a fame in the music industry.

• 1 year later...
Guest Sugar sugar

He is gay. Be proud of him being the shining singer back then. If not, at least admire his wealth being the Son of TungLok group. A sugar daddy worthy of your relentless persuit. 

Guest Sskee

His face getting longer like horse as he throw older.

Usually high profile gays don't sleep openly n u get to hook them in the most unexpected way

https://augustman.com/sg/pop-culture/-/hanging-out-with-nathan-hartono/

Then I ask him. “Speaking of jokes, there are rumours about you and Benjamin Kheng. And in 2011, there was a tweet that said ‘It’s true, I’m gay. But y’all already knew that.’”

Nathan-Hartono-Tweet_articlewidth.jpg

“That tweet was a joke. I was in the army and the moment your phone is left alone, it’s open season for anyone. But as for the rumour, I don’t know where it started. I just think it’s funny. With these questions, I always find it a lot more fun to not give people a straight answer. It’s so frustrating for them. At the end of a conversation, they are like, is he? Is he not? I’m never outright about yes or no, but if you’re an intelligent enough person, you can more or less infer.” 

7 minutes ago, bluefish20008 said:

With these questions, I always find it a lot more fun to not give people a straight answer. It’s so frustrating for them. At the end of a conversation, they are like, is he? Is he not? I’m never outright about yes or no, but if you’re an intelligent enough person, you can more or less infer.” 

You know, long time ago, when Ricky Martin was asked if he was gay, he also said something similar:

"It's no one's business whether I've been to bed with a cow, a broom or a woman. I'm not going to tell anyone if I'm gay or not, or who I've slept with or not."

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest IndoBoleh said:

A rich ex-Indonesian (Chinese?) made Singapore famous.

So he is not a True Blue? If no, he has absolutely no chance with me as I am only into true blue sg boyz

Guest stupid posts
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So he is not a True Blue? If no, he has absolutely no chance with me as I am only into true blue sg boyz

There is no true blue in Singapore, all are migrants...

Anyway if you are that  "guest guest" not registered profile and  you are always the same as behind the other "Guest Guest" posts at BW: then let me compliment you as one of the most annoying posters here. 99.9% of your posts suck, are racist laden and respectless. Just wonder why you didn't commit suicide already being surrounded by all these foreign people here at the heart of your island. Don't forget to greet your grandmother who migrated from China to Singapore...

Guest Guest
20 hours ago, Guest :-) said:

He has been my all time crush! I became gay because of him.

Yucks. Want to be a gaga copycat. The MV is also too heavily influenced by Sun Ho's mega smash Fancy Free, directed by uber director Joseph Kahn and superstar Laurianne Gibson.

Besides, I do not like gay boys(do not know if he is gay or not but look so gay) as I like only straight boys.

Guest Curious
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yucks. Want to be a gaga copycat. The MV is also too heavily influenced by Sun Ho's mega smash Fancy Free, directed by uber director Joseph Kahn and superstar Laurianne Gibson.

Besides, I do not like gay boys(do not know if he is gay or not but look so gay) as I like only straight boys.

Why gay people want handsome straight men to be gay also?

Guest Vagi Silh
On 09/04/2018 at 1:49 AM, Guest :-) said:

He has been my all time crush! I became gay because of him.

This guy is cute. Who is he? Is he Singaporean?

Guest Sad for you
On 4/9/2018 at 10:05 PM, Guest Guest said:

You must lead a sad lonely life to never have received a man's love and have your face and hole replaced by a pussy.

Nathan is cute and definitely above average for Singapore man's standard. I would like to know who is his bf though.

Guest not his fan

saw him in person meeting his friends at Bugis once, not really that handsome to the extent that it would wow me

i think Ben Kheng is still better looking

Guest Tanychen

Can’t believe that this whole thread everyone claims to be sure he is gay . Shows people really think what they want their minds to think. My friend knows his gf la . He keeps it low profile because he knows vulnerable girls (like you all) make up bulk of his fan base. Smart guy. 

• Guest locked this topic
  • 5 months later...

Some people just play coy , and frots the edges of the abalone instead of sinking their teeth into the real fleshy meat of the delicious seafood mentioned but prefers to titillate the frilly lips of the abalone.

• 6 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 8:43 PM, Guest guest said:

Some people just play coy , and frots the edges of the abalone instead of sinking their teeth into the real fleshy meat of the delicious seafood mentioned but prefers to titillate the frilly lips of the abalone.

This is hilarious. Is Nathan really gay or he is just acting it up?

Guest Try and see
On 9/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, Guest Poon said:

This is hilarious. Is Nathan really gay or he is just acting it up?

He mentioned last year that he has a gf but he can still be closeted (link below).

Tom Daley also dated girls before he married Lance.

https://www.tnp.sg/entertainment/movies/nathan-hartono-reveals-girlfriend-i-didnt-want-it-be-secret

Nathan Hartono reveals girlfriend: I didn't want it to be a secret

• 2 years later...
  • G_M changed the title to Discussion on Nathan Hartono (compiled)
Guest Shambala

Benjamin Kheng and Naomi Yeo. I always felt the queer vibe from the both of them. Benjamin ever said Hirzi faced so much rejection his whole life for being true to himself. Guess that is a clue why he is married to a girl?

Or maybe they just like to have their own kids. 🤗

Guest Shambala

If these are really gay celebrities and they are choosing to settle down with the opposite sex due to society's pressures, it is really quite sad!!!!!

When will Singapore ever learn to start embracing it's LGBT citizens so no one will ever have bite the bullet to go through this meaningless "I am a normal straight person" declaration through standard obligatory opposite sex marriage again.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:38 AM, Guest Shambala said:

Benjamin Kheng and Naomi Yeo. I always felt the queer vibe from the both of them. Benjamin ever said Hirzi faced so much rejection his whole life for being true to himself. Guess that is a clue why he is married to a girl?

Or maybe they just like to have their own kids. 🤗

you think too much.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.