Male HQ

Must we use towels to dry our body?

Guest Guest

I go swim pool to swim every week. I have a habit of drying my body naturally..i do not use or like towel as the rough towel will damage my skin.

The toilet attendants sometimes notice this and give me a strange look. They also like to gossip about me like i am 2nd class citizen. I do not understand why the gossip so much! They will look you up and down and give you the eye look.

Why must these people do this! How come sports council dont give customer service training!

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I go swim pool to swim every week. I have a habit of drying my body naturally..i do not use or like towel as the rough towel will damage my skin.

The toilet attendants sometimes notice this and give me a strange look. They also like to gossip about me like i am 2nd class citizen. I do not understand why the gossip so much! They will look you up and down and give you the eye look.

Why must these people do this! How come sports council dont give customer service training!

rough towel will damage your skin... hmmmmm..

i wonder the towel rough or u got a tofu skin..

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

This topic is about our rights to express ourselves. In this case its me choosing not to dry myself with towel! And people judging and gossiping about my rights not to dry myself with towel.

If you notice...gossiping is rampant in our society where we are being gossiped by uncles and aunties like some other guest pointed out..even kopi sellers are gossiping when we choose not to buy a drink!

All these gossiping must stop! The government must step in and put in place policies where we are left in peace and stop all these gossips! What is becominh of our society where people snigger and gossip behind our backs!

Biologically it is better to towel dry.

Somehow theres a drying effect when our body is left to dry on its own.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This topic is about our rights to express ourselves. In this case its me choosing not to dry myself with towel! And people judging and gossiping about my rights not to dry myself with towel.

If you notice...gossiping is rampant in our society where we are being gossiped by uncles and aunties like some other guest pointed out..even kopi sellers are gossiping when we choose not to buy a drink!

All these gossiping must stop! The government must step in and put in place policies where we are left in peace and stop all these gossips! What is becominh of our society where people snigger and gossip behind our backs!

the govt also needs to step in to ensure everyone doesn't breathe too quickly and deprive our rights to 20% oxygen in the air

8 minutes ago, fab said:

Biologically it is better to towel dry.

Somehow theres a drying effect when our body is left to dry on its own.

Yes, that's true, if the 'wind' gets in - that's how you get rheumatism! :smokin:

40 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Lol.

Cutejack

u r laughing at such interesting sharing right?

my skin couldn't withstand all kind of rough clothing/undies and towel

it must be of good quality(the price will tell u so)

so if I happened to use an issued towel (quality not decided by me), I will dabbed it ,instead of rub/towel dry

How could one person dry himself without using towel , going out or changing without drying?

TS, u sure u didn't wet the floors? who are going to clean it? the cleaners again or the attendant? this is highly inconsiderate! (btw, isn't first two comments from the same person?)

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Did they force you to use a towel to dry yourself? No, right? So you've clearly exercise your right to express yourself. If the attendants want to gossip or give you side-eye look then that's THEIR right to express themselves. Please lah, want to bitch for the sake of bitching then come out and say it so. Don't try to get moral high ground by crouching behind the excuse of "exercising your rights" to do it. This kind of insipid nonsense is an insult to people who are legitimately unable to exercise their rights. 

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Yes, that's true, if the 'wind' gets in - that's how you get rheumatism! :smokin:

Sounds legit.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

lifetime imprisonment for those who gossips about tofu skin and his rights to air dry himself!

1 hour ago, J0Boo said:

That time got one complaint say no order drink at coffeeshops then the staff gossip here and there. This one another case of staff gossiping about you. Is this the same person? 

Very likely.

TS could one of the troublemaker sisters.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20100806-230898.html

20100809.141643_ntucupdated1.jpg

16 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Cutejack

u r laughing at such interesting sharing right?

my skin couldn't withstand all kind of rough clothing/undies and towel

it must be of good quality(the price will tell u so)

so if I happened to use an issued towel (quality not decided by me), I will dabbed it ,instead of rub/towel dry

How could one person dry himself without using towel , going out or changing without drying?

TS, u sure u didn't wet the floors? who are going to clean it? the cleaners again or the attendant? this is highly inconsiderate! (btw, isn't first two comments from the same person?)

I always thought you are super thick-skinned with all your own self-likes, to the extent that nothing short of a spunky brush can dry you off.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, Guest Guest said:

Dude, if you are clamoring for the right to express yourself, I think the toilet attendants have the right to express themselves about you, right?  And maybe don't be overly self-conscious to think that if they happen to look your direction and smile or snigger, they are talking about you.  The world is more than just you.  So my advice to you is to continue to do what you feel comfortable and stop gossiping here about other people gossiping about you (its quite gu-niang to be so sensitive and keep complaining).

~ I usually write what's on my mind.  I am not soliciting for unnecessary comments from anyone who will take this opportunity to say I was rude to them on PM, or rejected their approach because of this and that etc. I might not write in long, accommodative sentences in PM.  My messages there are short and to the point, but that doesn't mean I am being nasty to you. Also, please do not be overly sensitive. If you say you want to meet for fun, but I tell you I don't want to waste your time, don't take it too hard.  Just like you can choose to approach me or don't, I have the right to choose as well, and there is no point lying to you that you are my type when you aren't. Not here to bicker - that's my point ~

It's not love if it doesn't hurt. If you don't want to hurt, don't love - str8biman (Oct 2016)

Sometimes we need to go through a thunderstorm before we are able to enjoy the beauty of a rainbow - str8biman (Nov 2016)

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. – Washington Irving

Everyone is searching for love all the time

Yet love is like mist hovering in the humid sky – Zurri

I am totally confused now.

1) If you don't towel dry yourself, then what? Air dry? Like Air fryer? I mean...Hair dryer??

2) Assuming you went to swim at / near to closing time. You expect the cleaners to wait till you air dry, put on your clothes then you go home? These people have to wait for you because you do not towel dry? Consider yourself in their shoes.

3) If towel is too rough, then maybe is time for you to do towel shopping/ fabric softener shopping too.

4) You do not need to "rub" the towel to dry yourself. There is something called "dab".

Nobody gossiping at you; unless you eavesdrop on them. And if you are sure not to towel dry yourself (due to your own preference), then why bother about what others are talking about/behind/in front of you?

Lastly, you mentioned Sports Council. Well, got budget la...  If you something else, join SSC.

41 minutes ago, thorzguy said:

I am totally confused now.

1) If you don't towel dry yourself, then what? Air dry? Like Air fryer? I mean...Hair dryer??

2) Assuming you went to swim at / near to closing time. You expect the cleaners to wait till you air dry, put on your clothes then you go home? These people have to wait for you because you do not towel dry? Consider yourself in their shoes.

3) If towel is too rough, then maybe is time for you to do towel shopping/ fabric softener shopping too.

4) You do not need to "rub" the towel to dry yourself. There is something called "dab".

Nobody gossiping at you; unless you eavesdrop on them. And if you are sure not to towel dry yourself (due to your own preference), then why bother about what others are talking about/behind/in front of you?

Lastly, you mentioned Sports Council. Well, got budget la...  If you something else, join SSC.

Yes..i dry myself naturally..to you it is strange.to me its normal...it is this type of behaviour that some people do not accept gays. Because gays are different. Not the norm so they reject.

Why cant yoi accept i dry my self differently than the norm?

15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes..i dry myself naturally..to you it is strange.to me its normal...it is this type of behaviour that some people do not accept gays. Because gays are different. Not the norm so they reject.

What got drying yourself got to do with your so called behavior that some people do not accept gays?? Is there any correlation to one sexual orientation?? 

In any case, you are free to do whatever you want; just like whatever others has commented as well. Be happy yah!

Edited by thorzguy

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Not all gays air dry themselves, nothing made us different. We are all human beings. Your sexual orientation doesnt really means that have to be strange. You cant just link your habit to generalize the community.

I an surprised that few of you know the benefits of natural drying instead of using a towel. I air dry because I apply body lotion to lock in the moisture into my skin. Rubbing with a towel will waste my time applying the lotion.

I use those very cheap body lotion but the trick is to air dry and leave a silky smooth texture that has a subtle sheen. Don't laugh if I tell you I have tofu skin that's as delicate as a baby's bottom even though I'm in my 50s. It's true that I bruise easily because the slightest marks on my fair skin will immediately show up in contrast, like doodle on white paper.

I only need to press lightly on my skin and the pinkness will turn white but return as soon as I let go and I can actually see the blood below flowing in and out.

Sometimes I'll find a streak of red bruise on my thigh just because I accidentally scratched against the corner of a chair or table. Mind you, those corners are rounded and not sharp.

Recently I was installing a heavy shelf and tried to use my knee to help me to push it up and into place. To my horror, I found that I have a brown red bruise on my thigh where I accidentally used to support the shelf for only a moment. It's the size of a 50 cent coin like those from Chinese cupping treatment. It's been 2 days and it is fading very slowly.

Surely I can't be the only one here who thinks that this kind of topic and others similar to it in terms of depth and 'usefulness' is exactly one of the reasons why a lot of people, esp in the straight community, feel gay people are shallow, superficial and unable to hold intelligent conversations in general and thus by extension (sadly), are not able to show a positive example to/for others.

Edited by mate69

8 hours ago, mate69 said:

Surely I can't be the only one here who thinks that this kind of topic and others similar to it in terms of depth and 'usefulness' is exactly one of the reasons why a lot of people, esp in the straight community, feel gay people are shallow, superficial and unable to hold intelligent conversations in general and thus by extension (sadly), are not able to show a positive example to/for others.

No offence.  I am somehow reminded of the one and only un-anti-Semitic character in "Biloxi Blues".  He is homosexually-inclined.

Some, if not a lot of people look down on others so they can feel themselves higher.

Our own sexual inclination is part of us, not all of us.

If they dismiss all of you because of this part of you, it is their loses.

You may care to not neglect the depth and "usefulness" in Cube3's post, in terms of fundamentals of TCM or even geomancy;.

On 10/22/2016 at 2:23 PM, Cube3 said:

• 2 weeks later...

My dear,

If a towel is too rough for your skin, use cotton swabs to dab dry. After it's dry, remember to use the cotton swabs with moisturizers to moisturize your skin after that. Otherwise you will end up with scaly lizard skin after a swim.

Take care ya. 

• 1 year later...
On 21/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, Guest Guest said:

In life just be a bit more thick-skinned. As long as you are not doing anything morally wrong, don't bother so much what other people think.

E.g. you drive a nice car, people will gossip about you having "so much money". You take bus, people will wonder and gossip why you don't have a car. 

You dress well, people will gossip about you, say that you are vain, brand-conscious. You dress casually, people will say you got no money, etc.

So just be happy and no need to take issue over everything. 

On that note, when I forget to bring my towel to the pool, I also just air dry after my shower. Sometimes, I will walk out of the pool gate without my shirt :D because my upper body is still wet. Nobody really bothers lah.

A lot of times when you imagine that people are looking at you, they are not.

newimage9.png?w=600&h=820

Guest not hiding
On 21/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, Guest Guest said:

Towel damaging your skin... This is so typically Singaporean and laughable. Thanks for entertaining us.

Hopefully the headrests at Singapore Airlines planes don't scratch your neck hair too much, wonder if they will damage your ass like smooth skin at that area...

And ooohhhh tooo much sunlight in Singapore... not sure what that would damage..

Ha ha ha ha.... thanks for making me laugh...

Guest not hiding
On 22/10/2016 at 2:04 PM, Guest Guest said:

Sorry. Sorry to say but I think that you have a serious personality problem...

Better seek some professional help before it's too late..

I m damn serious here now with my recommendation...

Another choice when wet is to put on the clothes over the wet body and get going, while slowly drying up.  This assuming one is not wearing designer clothes but simple cotton underwear, t-shirt and shorts. I do this sometimes when I forget to bring my towel to the gym, and I have no problems.

But now that I read this thread I am in a panic, thinking that when I do this I'm revealing that I am GAY,  and people in the gym and on the street will turn around and point fingers at me, cars will slow down and drivers will shout insults at me,  until I'm stopped by the police and arrested on charges of "gayish drying"...

46 minutes ago, Guest not hiding said:

Towel damaging your skin... This is so typically Singaporean and laughable. Thanks for entertaining us.

Hopefully the headrests at Singapore Airlines planes don't scratch your neck hair too much, wonder if they will damage your ass like smooth skin at that area...

And ooohhhh tooo much sunlight in Singapore... not sure what that would damage..

Ha ha ha ha.... thanks for making me laugh...

It's an old post. But yah such a shameful, disgraceful post by the ts. Give gays a bad name. Faint! 真丢脸!

Guest not hiding
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Another choice when wet is to put on the clothes over the wet body and get going, while slowly drying up.  This assuming one is not wearing designer clothes but simple cotton underwear, t-shirt and shorts. I do this sometimes when I forget to bring my towel to the gym, and I have no problems.

But now that I read this thread I am in a panic, thinking that when I do this I'm revealing that I am GAY,  and people in the gym and on the street will turn around and point fingers at me, cars will slow down and drivers will shout insults at me,  until I'm stopped by the police and arrested on charges of "gayish drying"...

Hey dude; sorry but everybody knew that you're gay even without drying your skin without a towel...

I think the charge is called "indecent behaviour".

I m very sure you will find someone to lick you dry with his tongue at that gym...

Anyway, you forgot to mention that scrupulous gossipping of the police officers during the trip to jail!!!

6 hours ago, Guest not hiding said:

Hey dude; sorry but everybody knew that you're gay even without drying your skin without a towel...

I think the charge is called "indecent behaviour".

LOL!  You know more about me being gay than the people around me.

There is nothing indecent about putting on your clothes over your wet body.  

• Guest locked this topic