Male HQ

Is bodybuilding homoerotic sport?

Guest Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Not only is bodybuilding homoerotic, bodybuilding itself stems from homosexual desire.

It all started with the Greeks when they began to exalt the male form and aspirations of masculinity as ideals men should pursue, days when same-sex desire and homoeroticism were acceptable in society and even regarded as higher than heterosexual desire. The well known gymnasium was founded by these men who were attracted to men. There, men trained naked and admired each others' bodies and physical strength. Combining the passion with athleticism and same-sex erotic desire they strengthened male bonding and this also inspired each other to make the fullest of their physical skills in order to become strong and athletic. Gymnasium means 'the place where men train naked'. You can still find on the walls of the gymnasium surviving depictions of homoerotic and romantic situations between the athletic/muscular men that crowded the gymnasium. Sports and homoeroticism complemented each other.

It shouldn't come as a surprise if you think about it logically. Bodybuilding is about enhancing and exalting the secondary sex traits that make men attractive. Secondary sex traits are all those characteristics of the body that are meant to cause sexual arousal on potential lovers. In the case of men, muscles are secondary sex traits. Muscles suggest physical strength, energy, higher sexual performance and higher sex drive. If you are attracted to men you will naturally find yourself wanting to see muscle men. Because same-sex desire was acceptable and expected in Greece men who were attracted to men had complete freedom to admire and promote the beauty of the male form and you can see this in the great number of master pieces that exalt men being muscular and nude. I don't remember his name but there was this Greek philosopher who xpressed that all men should explore the potential of their bodies both athletically and erotically.

OP wrote masculine and homoerotic as separate qualities. This preconceived idea that masculinity means heterosexuality is a rather modern idea based on modern stereotypes applied to homosexuality. Gender expression is not determined by sexual orientation; they are independent aspects of a person's personality/identity. Homoeroticism is all about masculinity because masculine is what eroticizes men who are attracted to men.

1 hour ago, Guest Keerg said:

Not only is bodybuilding homoerotic, bodybuilding itself stems from homosexual desire.

It all started with the Greeks when they began to exalt the male form and aspirations of masculinity as ideals men should pursue, days when same-sex desire and homoeroticism were acceptable in society and even regarded as higher than heterosexual desire. The well known gymnasium was founded by these men who were attracted to men. There, men trained naked and admired each others' bodies and physical strength. Combining the passion with athleticism and same-sex erotic desire they strengthened male bonding and this also inspired each other to make the fullest of their physical skills in order to become strong and athletic. Gymnasium means 'the place where men train naked'. You can still find on the walls of the gymnasium surviving depictions of homoerotic and romantic situations between the athletic/muscular men that crowded the gymnasium. Sports and homoeroticism complemented each other.

It shouldn't come as a surprise if you think about it logically. Bodybuilding is about enhancing and exalting the secondary sex traits that make men attractive. Secondary sex traits are all those characteristics of the body that are meant to cause sexual arousal on potential lovers. In the case of men, muscles are secondary sex traits. Muscles suggest physical strength, energy, higher sexual performance and higher sex drive. If you are attracted to men you will naturally find yourself wanting to see muscle men. Because same-sex desire was acceptable and expected in Greece men who were attracted to men had complete freedom to admire and promote the beauty of the male form and you can see this in the great number of master pieces that exalt men being muscular and nude. I don't remember his name but there was this Greek philosopher who xpressed that all men should explore the potential of their bodies both athletically and erotically.

OP wrote masculine and homoerotic as separate qualities. This preconceived idea that masculinity means heterosexuality is a rather modern idea based on modern stereotypes applied to homosexuality. Gender expression is not determined by sexual orientation; they are independent aspects of a person's personality/identity. Homoeroticism is all about masculinity because masculine is what eroticizes men who are attracted to men.

If that is what you mean then why are there straight men who want to become bodybuilders and do contests?

Any sport can be homoerotic if you look at it as homoerotic. Look at soccer. Look at swimming. etc. It is not what we see but how we look at it. 

tumblr_oaha33w2q01tnuac3o1_500.gif

Edited by iamziz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

In my gym 90% r straights.

Or either that gaydar is not working.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, Allegro said:

Body building is a sign of physical masculity, hence gay men are infamous for loitering in the gym.

He has nice lean muscles but my eyes kept going to other bulges.. lol

Thanks for sharing the eye candy.

My washing machine tonite will have extra laundry to wash. My bedsheets is ruined. I overshot my chest and my head. 

and my bermuda and underwear was also ruined by catching the overflow of jism. 

Thank goodness for wasjing machines.

3 hours ago, Guest dude said:

Thanks for sharing the eye candy.

My washing machine tonite will have extra laundry to wash. My bedsheets is ruined. I overshot my chest and my head. 

and my bermuda and underwear was also ruined by catching the overflow of jism. 

Thank goodness for wasjing machines.

You're welcome.

20 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

If that is what you mean then why are there straight men who want to become bodybuilders and do contests?

If makeup is used to make women look more beautiful, especially for heterosexual men to admire and lust after female beauty, why then are there makeup artists who are gay?

The fact that bodybuilding, the cult of admiring the beauty of the muscular body is rooted in homosexual desire doesn't mean that heterosexual men cannot feel intersted in developing their bodies. They can even enjoy some homoeroticism too which is obvious to everybody in the context of bodybuilder whethe ror not you are a bodybuilder. It is not uncommon to see bodybuilders posing suggestively or indicating with facial expressions that they enjoy a more erotic appreciation oftheir bodies while on stage. One of the most suggestive or erotically-charged moments in bodybuilding shows is posedown when bodybuilders get off stage and walk around the audience, people are allowed to take pics with the bodybuidlers and even touch. Things get a little more steamy in the Middle East where touching bodybuidler's bodies as they parade around the crowd is very common and not letting a fan touch those musclesis interpreted as disrespectful.

Heterosexual men will mainly bodybuild to attract women, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are bothered by the idea of showing off for othe rmen which is basically what bodybuidlers do in competitions and to whom they sell their images in the form of photography.

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

Is bodybuilding a masculine or homoerotic sport? Will bodybuilders get turn on among themselves during competition?

Don't think so.  So far, have not seen anyone with a hardon on stage.  There could be a few but majority are straight.  

You don't always have to get an erection when you like another man's body.

Do you think heterosexual men are all hard as they watch the Miss World contestants parade around the stage in little swimsuits? There could be a few but most of them are not sporting an erection in the audience. Human sexuality and attractions are more complex than that.

You simply cannot accurately estimate the number of heterosexual men and gay/bi fans who attend bodybuilding shows or who follow the "sport", 99,9% of them will try to give the appearance of so as not to raise suspicions, but one things is for certain, when you are attracted to men you are more than likely to find yourself more fascinated with bodybuilding than heterosexual men. Your interest is directly linked to your libido which is a great combination for motivation.

And listen, since its dawn, modern bodybuilding has been the very space for closeted gay and bisexual men that gave them the chance to experience their attractions to men by admiring those muscular bodies without the fear of being outed given that bodybuilding is all about looking at men who are almost naked strutting their overly enhanced secondary sex traits. As a matter of fact, they were (and still are) so relevant that their presence made the whole business run to this day. For example, many magazines where published for the gay audience with suggestive photographs of bodybuilders, although these mags have to give the appearance of sport-oriented publications given the homophobia of the time, but it was clear to many that these mags where more than passion for the physical endevour.

Despite the fact that no men had to keep their homosexuality a secret it was clear there was in them a great market to sell these muscular bodies.

012acec7c1be5be9115dedb20e6a746b.jpg

Some with suggestive messages disguised as athletic language.

ed192d8aba8b2b2988b671b6b45cdc7e.jpg

On 11/9/2016 at 9:05 PM, Guest Keerg said:

If you are attracted to men you will naturally find yourself wanting to see muscle men.

Your generalization is not valid, but merely your wishful thinking, your own preference.

Homosexual men we are attracted to masculine BEAUTY.

This does not necessarily mean a pack of big muscles.

I am surely not the only one who find the guys in the TS picture extremely UGLY.

It is obvious that those uncles in the picture build their muscles like crazy with an obsession to become attractive.

Such obsession can be a big turnoff.  

One prefers people whose "attraction" is not so artificial.

41 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Your generalization is not valid, but merely your wishful thinking, your own preference.

Homosexual men we are attracted to masculine BEAUTY.

This does not necessarily mean a pack of big muscles.

I am surely not the only one who find the guys in the TS picture extremely UGLY.

It is obvious that those uncles in the picture build their muscles like crazy with an obsession to become attractive.

Such obsession can be a big turnoff.  

One prefers people whose "attraction" is not so artificial.

I think you are misinterpreting my comment as a statement that there is a unique set of traits that will make men attractive. I wrote in one of my posts that sexuality and attractions are very complex so it is understood that nothing is absolute when it comes to sexuality. If you are gay you are very likely to like muscles, it doens't mean you HAVE TO LIKE THEM as if nature were forcing you in that direction against your will; it simply means the chances of you finding them sexy will be higher.

You may not like muscles but many do and that is OK, no preference is better than the other so there's no need for antagonizations nor should you think that if a person finds muscles attractive that is the only body type they feel attracted to.

I think you are misinterpreting my comment as a statement that there is a unique set of traits that will make men attractive. I wrote in one of my posts that sexuality and attractions are very complex so it is understood that nothing is absolute when it comes to sexuality. If you are gay you are very likely to like muscles, it doens't mean you HAVE TO LIKE THEM as if nature were forcing you in that direction against your will; it simply means the chances of you finding them sexy will be higher.

You may not like muscles but many do and that is OK, no preference is better than the other so there's no need for antagonizations nor should you think that if a person finds muscles attractive that is the only body type they feel attracted to.

Well, I think you understand.

My objection was to your statement that gays "naturally" want to see muscle men.  And this is not true.

What is understood under MUSCLE MEN are guys with UNUSUALLY big muscles, like these in TS's picture.

An attraction to overweight or obese people is called "fat fetishism".

So the attraction to muscle men fits well under "muscle fetishism".  It is also called "sthenolagnia".

The fact that there are specific names for such attractions means that they are not very "natural".

We all like SOME muscles :)

12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Well, I think you understand.

My objection was to your statement that gays "naturally" want to see muscle men.  And this is not true.

What is understood under MUSCLE MEN are guys with UNUSUALLY big muscles, like these in TS's picture.

An attraction to overweight or obese people is called "fat fetishism".

So the attraction to muscle men fits well under "muscle fetishism".  It is also called "sthenolagnia".

The fact that there are specific names for such attractions means that they are not very "natural".

We all like SOME muscles :)

I think in your comment you make stigmatizing claims that are not entirely accurate.

Fetishism is, in simple words, a sexual attraction or fixation with something (sometimes unconventional) and, many times, a person who has a fetish with something they usually need that something in order to feel sexually satisfied or reach orgasm. Anything can be a fetish and most people tend to have one.

Secondary sex traits are characteristcs in the body that inform others that you have finally reached the stage to be a sex partner. Muscles are secondary sex traits, they are erotically charged by nature so it is natural if a guy feels eroticized by muscles. It is only a fetish if muscles are most of the time necessary for you to feel sexually satisfied; otherwise, it is perfectly normal to like muscles. There is a heterosexual couple where both are bodybuilders and the woman once said in an interview that she likes muscles and she can't see herself with an average man because she implied bodybuilders/muscle men are sexually and erotically superior for her. That is a relationship based around a fetish, but as long as things work for them, that's OK.

Of course, attraction to muscles is natural if you are attracted to men. It cannot be artificial.

8 minutes ago, Guest Keerg said:

I think in your comment you make stigmatizing claims that are not entirely accurate.

Fetishism is, in simple words, a sexual attraction or fixation with something (sometimes unconventional) and, many times, a person who has a fetish with something they usually need that something in order to feel sexually satisfied or reach orgasm. Anything can be a fetish and most people tend to have one.

Secondary sex traits are characteristcs in the body that inform others that you have finally reached the stage to be a sex partner. Muscles are secondary sex traits, they are erotically charged by nature so it is natural if a guy feels eroticized by muscles. It is only a fetish if muscles are most of the time necessary for you to feel sexually satisfied; otherwise, it is perfectly normal to like muscles. There is a heterosexual couple where both are bodybuilders and the woman once said in an interview that she likes muscles and she can't see herself with an average man because she implied bodybuilders/muscle men are sexually and erotically superior for her. That is a relationship based around a fetish, but as long as things work for them, that's OK.

Of course, attraction to muscles is natural if you are attracted to men. It cannot be artificial.

To say that an attraction to big muscles is natural, is quite different from saying that gays are naturally attracted to big muscles.  The latter implies an OF COURSE that is not true.

Also, you reported about the attraction to MUSCLE MEN, which is different from the attraction to MUSCLES.  The difference is in the degree of muscle mass, and this is important. Surely straight gays are attracted to women breasts, but not necessarily to huge ones.

A heterosexual couple of bodybuilders most probably like BIG muscles, they are not the norm.

6 minutes ago, DeMarko said:

Wow why overseas gym can allow guys to wear just underwear for gyming session .. how nice if Singapore allow guys to wear just underwear for their training ..

This is a fantasy that overseas gyms allow guys to work out in just skimpy underwear.

Maybe some guys do it only to make the video.

43 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

To say that an attraction to big muscles is natural, is quite different from saying that gays are naturally attracted to big muscles.  The latter implies an OF COURSE that is not true.

Also, you reported about the attraction to MUSCLE MEN, which is different from the attraction to MUSCLES.  The difference is in the degree of muscle mass, and this is important. Surely straight gays are attracted to women breasts, but not necessarily to huge ones.

A heterosexual couple of bodybuilders most probably like BIG muscles, they are not the norm.

Small or big muscles, what does size have anything to do with the naturalness of the attraction?

If you don't like big muscles specifically that doesn't make the attraction to big muscles unnatural. Some people like them small, some big like them big, some people like them in between, some like the whole spectruum of sizes. It is a personal inclination, all as valid and natural. Bodybuilders come in all sizes. A bodybuilder is simply a person who trains with weight to gain muscle mass to sculpt their bodies.

I don't understand the distinction you are trying to make with "muscle men" and "muscles". It sounds a bit far-fetched.

11 hours ago, Guest Keerg said:

Small or big muscles, what does size have anything to do with the naturalness of the attraction?

If you don't like big muscles specifically that doesn't make the attraction to big muscles unnatural. Some people like them small, some big like them big, some people like them in between, some like the whole spectruum of sizes. It is a personal inclination, all as valid and natural. Bodybuilders come in all sizes. A bodybuilder is simply a person who trains with weight to gain muscle mass to sculpt their bodies.

I don't understand the distinction you are trying to make with "muscle men" and "muscles". It sounds a bit far-fetched.

You still didn't get it!  Even if you highlighted the first sentence in my post.

"Muscle men" implies HUGE muscles.  This is different from plain muscles.

Gays don't naturally like HUGE muscles. Only a few do.

But it is natural that we like muscles.

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You still didn't get it!  Even if you highlighted the first sentence in my post.

muscle men don't have to be huge muscles. different people have different interpretations of muscle men. your interpretations is your own interpretation. as long as one looks muscular he can be a muscleman.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

User above has pretty much given you a very sound answer. The distinction you try to make is far-fetched.

You use your bias to decide what is attractive and what isn't. If you don't like big muscles that doesn't make the attraction to big muscles unnatural. You may find it exotic, but in no way it is unnatural. Also, as user above said, different people have different interpretations of what's big in terms of muscularity.

Although this is not specifically the toic in discussion.

.....................................................................................................

Talking about homoeroticism, this reminded about the transcription of a documentary I once read regarding Greco-Roman wrestling: homoeroticism and homophobia. Is wreslting homoerotic? Some heterosexual wreslters responded yes, it is. Even being heterosexual wrestlers they said they enjoyed the homoerotic aspect of it all, the thrill of dominating another man, erections may be a common thing due to all the touching and strenght put into it. One of them explained that the reason there is homophobia in wreslting is because there is homoeroticism and wrestlers see it clearly.

You use your bias to decide what is attractive and what isn't. If you don't like big muscles that doesn't make the attraction to big muscles unnatural. You may find it exotic, but in no way it is unnatural. Also, as user above said, different people have different interpretations of what's big in terms of muscularity.

You use your bias to decide that I am biased about attractiveness.

I am not.  I don't claim that there are absolutes in attractiveness.  It was you who claimed that gays naturally (of course) are attracted to muscle men.  And this is false.  Some are, many are not.  This does not mean that one is right and the other is wrong.  I know for sure that I am not, while you may be yes, attracted to muscle men.   So enjoy your muscle men, they are all yours, while I enjoy more normal people, slim young guys with some moderate musculature that makes them look sexy.   :)

53 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You use your bias to decide that I am biased about attractiveness.

I am not.  I don't claim that there are absolutes in attractiveness.  It was you who claimed that gays naturally (of course) are attracted to muscle men.  And this is false.  Some are, many are not.  This does not mean that one is right and the other is wrong.  I know for sure that I am not, while you may be yes, attracted to muscle men.   So enjoy your muscle men, they are all yours, while I enjoy more normal people, slim young guys with some moderate musculature that makes them look sexy.   :)

The actual topic is bodybuilding and homoeroticism; not muscle size, but for the sake of it...

I say you are biased because you insist on stating that one body type is attractive and the other that you don't like isn't. The attraction some guys feel to big muscles you call it "not natural" and not something gays really feel. I have been explicit in stating that sexuality and people's attractions are complex. I tell you what is not attractive for you is attractive for others. You can't call attraction to big muscles "not natural" because there is nothing unnatural or artificial about the spontaneous sexual arousal or erotization a guy may feel towards a man who happens to have muscles outside the frame of what you consider attractive.

I have said it before that if you are gay you are very likely to like muscles because muscles are secondary sex traits of the male body and I already gave a short and basic definition of what secondary sex traits means and why gays tend to react to them as opposed to people who are not attracted to men.

Muscles: small, big, soft, hard, etc. Variety.

Dear@Steve5380,

The topic for this thread reads "Is bodybuilding homoerotic sport?".

If you want to go off-topic and debate with Guest Keerg, kindly take it to the Flaming Room and start your own thread.

Forumers here will appreciate your kind understanding.

With love,

Guest Guest

11 hours ago, Guest Keerg said:

The actual topic is bodybuilding and homoeroticism; not muscle size, but for the sake of it...

I say you are biased because you insist on stating that one body type is attractive and the other that you don't like isn't. The attraction some guys feel to big muscles you call it "not natural" and not something gays really feel. I have been explicit in stating that sexuality and people's attractions are complex. I tell you what is not attractive for you is attractive for others. You can't call attraction to big muscles "not natural" because there is nothing unnatural or artificial about the spontaneous sexual arousal or erotization a guy may feel towards a man who happens to have muscles outside the frame of what you consider attractive.

I have said it before that if you are gay you are very likely to like muscles because muscles are secondary sex traits of the male body and I already gave a short and basic definition of what secondary sex traits means and why gays tend to react to them as opposed to people who are not attracted to men.

Muscles: small, big, soft, hard, etc. Variety.

It's too bad that your hardheadedness makes it difficult to hold a conversation with you.

I never said that any sexual attraction is not natural.  This is your invention.

I said that your original statement: "  If you are attracted to men you will naturally find yourself wanting to see muscle men "  IS NOT TRUE.

And the proof I have very close.  I am attracted to men, but  I don't want to see muscle men.  Period.

And I am not the only one, but many, many gays we feel the same way.

You don't need to give a definition of secondary sex traits because it is well known.  

Muscles are secondary sex traits, but muscle men are not necessarily so.

In my case they make me feel disgust, not sexual attraction.

Attraction to muscle men is a sexual feeling and thus is natural.

But the big muscle men are not.  They are the product of steroids.

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Dear@Steve5380,

The topic for this thread reads "Is bodybuilding homoerotic sport?".

If you want to go off-topic and debate with Guest Keerg, kindly take it to the Flaming Room and start your own thread.

Forumers here will appreciate your kind understanding.

With love,

Guest Guest

Dear GuestGuest,

What we are discussing here is directly related to bodybuilding and homoerotic feelings.

If you don't like our posts, you are not being forced to read them.

Ah... and by the way, please register and get yourself an alias if you want to have a voice in this forum.

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Dear GuestGuest,

What we are discussing here is directly related to bodybuilding and homoerotic feelings.

If you don't like our posts, you are not being forced to read them.

Ah... and by the way, please register and get yourself an alias if you want to have a voice in this forum.

Whether or not you stick to the topic and discuss, let the readers decide for themselves. Have a nice day!

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It's too bad that your hardheadedness makes it difficult to hold a conversation with you.

I never said that any sexual attraction is not natural.  This is your invention.

I said that your original statement: "  If you are attracted to men you will naturally find yourself wanting to see muscle men "  IS NOT TRUE.

And the proof I have very close.  I am attracted to men, but  I don't want to see muscle men.  Period.

And I am not the only one, but many, many gays we feel the same way.

You don't need to give a definition of secondary sex traits because it is well known.  

Muscles are secondary sex traits, but muscle men are not necessarily so.

In my case they make me feel disgust, not sexual attraction.

Attraction to muscle men is a sexual feeling and thus is natural.

But the big muscle men are not.  They are the product of steroids.

Again, this topic is to discuss bodybuilding and homoeroticism which is a very interesting topic for discussion because there's even historical evidence that shows that one of the product of the other.

Sorry, but you have been clear in expressing your dislike of big muscles and calling such preference not natural. It started when you criticized the appearance of the men on the cover of those old bodybuilding mags I posted a few posts above. Steroids or not, that doesn't really matter, it's the attraction a person feels that is a natural reaction.

5 minutes ago, Guest Keerg said:

Again, this topic is to discuss bodybuilding and homoeroticism which is a very interesting topic for discussion because there's even historical evidence that shows that one of the product of the other.

Sorry, but you have been clear in expressing your dislike of big muscles and calling such preference not natural. It started when you criticized the appearance of the men on the cover of those old bodybuilding mags I posted a few posts above. Steroids or not, that doesn't really matter, it's the attraction a person feels that is a natural reaction.

moi suggest move on, if he wants to post let him be just ignore and don't reply him because it will invite more replies from him and decentralise the topic of discussion

2 minutes ago, Guest Keerg said:

Wrong again.

I didn't call the attraction, preference not natural.  I corrected you in that not all gays "naturally" like muscle men.  

And later I observed that such big muscles are not natural.

It is not the preference that is unnatural, but the big muscles.  You don't see the difference?

Another thing you got wrong is that I criticized the pics on the two bodybuilding mags you posted.

Instead, what I called "extremely ugly" were the two guys in the picture by the TS at the beginning of the thread.

It seems that as more this discussion spreads out, the more you get wrong.

How about ending it now?  You can have the last word if you like. 

On 14/11/2016 at 1:24 AM, Guest Guest said:

moi suggest move on, if he wants to post let him be just ignore and don't reply him because it will invite more replies from him and decentralise the topic of discussion

Yeah, I agree.

The last 500 years of the B.C. period in Greece were characterized by the significant exaltation (if we can call it that) of same-sex love and desire. Homoeroticism was evident in many aspects of Greek society during that time. The concept of masculinity was tighly associated with same-sex attraction and all men were expected to embrace ideals of masculinity. The sculpted muscular body was one of the ideals of maleness, it symbolized both strength and (homo)eroticism, highly admired by other men both from an athletic perspective as well as from an erotic perspective. The muscular body then was exhibitied for other men to admire from either of these perspectives. This is basically the well known Greek body ideal which, as you can see, is an ideal that was inspired by same-sex desire.

The gymnasium only allowed men in. They had to train naked and the combination of strength and eroticism among athletes was very common. I think I mentioned above that there are still some surviving paintings of athletes having sexual/romantic encounters painted on the walls of the gymnasium.

The combination of athleticism and romance/homoeroticism is very clear in many art pieces.

2906538c2866b90a24cfbf90e0f77470.png

78c28f931fb87453957e88c184e1068c.jpg

The gymnasium only allowed men in. They had to train naked and the combination of strength and eroticism among athletes was very common. I think I mentioned above that there are still some surviving paintings of athletes having sexual/romantic encounters painted on the walls of the gymnasium.

The combination of athleticism and romance/homoeroticism is very clear in many art pieces.

This seems to be one of your favorite fantasies.

What we see in the images and sculptures are Greek men with good musculature but not the excessive aberrations of today's big muscle men like in the first pic of this thread. They didn't have all the collection of steroids nor the pharmaceutic knowledge to blow up their bodies.  This kept them attractive.

• Guest locked this topic