Male HQ

Should I apply or don't waste time

Guest Middle-Aged

Guest Middle-Aged

I saw a job advertisement which I like and it is my dream job.  So I decided to check out on their website, they have 100+ staffs, all very young.  I didn't spot any middel-age guy or lady in there. Every photos showcased the youthful staffs on holiday, in office, birthday party and in fun working environment.   A sudden rush of dissappointment filled my heart, even the boss is young too.

I am certain, there won't be any chance for a middle age man like me.  Should I give up and don't waste time writing up resume for this job only to be thrown into their rubbish bin?

Maybe they need an experienced person to teach or guide them a thing or two , or maybe even your category is who they are looking for . 

If u don't apply u ve 0%. But if u do u ve at least 1%.

No one expected Betty to land a job at Mode.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Yup, I hope the next thread in the forum, will not be :

I peeped inside a co. , wow! it s full of females, will they hired me a male?? should I try or should i cry , would I die if I m not selected?
or

I looked at the co., it s full of matured males and they are all so  handsome, should I tried applied just cos I m a fresh grad and way too young..???

I m  sorry it will hurt some of u : the next popular qn is = I m afraid to enter a sauna ( b it overseas or local, are they local friendly), should I enter? shd I go, wht if .....

it s a whole long string of qns....I shall not list what are the related qns but just to list one : will I be raped if I m not sure of the floor plan (which is why u see someone even can find a floor plan to assist all of u) of the sauna ?

we can share and sell how good a sauna or a massage shop is over here, but eventualy u r the one to q/stand outside that shop and trembling to go in, u still hve to face it,

what s the point of asking then?

Are some of u very pampered?????????? I don't have friends too but u don't see me asking such qns, goodness

Do u know why our bw website hang and have issues cos space not enough? every day, there are many postings

worst posted by some guests, the mbrs tend to post another postings to ask the guests to PM them  for further discussion (cos mbrs cannot even directly pm guests), endless irrelevant posting cos of endless qns

34 minutes ago, Guest Middle-Aged said:

Not that I didn't want to try,  I have a young interviewer made fun of me b4.  They shortlisted me because they were "curious".

nvm, they will pay a price for that one day , when they turned old

what goes around, comes around, u don't hve to be bothered by childish youngsters

so long this is not a heavy-duty job eg need to carry very heavy stuff, I don't see why a mid age couldn't b hire to handle it??

Guest Min Min
4 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Yup, I hope the next thread in the forum, will not be :

I peeped inside a co. , wow! it s full of females, will they hired me a male?? should I try or should i cry , would I die if I m not selected?
or

I looked at the co., it s full of matured males and they are all so  handsome, should I tried applied just cos I m a fresh grad and way too young..???

I m  sorry it will hurt some of u : the next popular qn is = I m afraid to enter a sauna ( b it overseas or local, are they local friendly), should I enter? shd I go, wht if .....

it s a whole long string of qns....I shall not list what are the related qns but just to list one : will I be raped if I m not sure of the floor plan (which is why u see someone even can find a floor plan to assist all of u) of the sauna ?

we can share and sell how good a sauna or a massage shop is over here, but eventualy u r the one to q/stand outside that shop and trembling to go in, u still hve to face it,

what s the point of asking then?

Are some of u very pampered?????????? I don't have friends too but u don't see me asking such qns, goodness

Do u know why our bw website hang and have issues cos space not enough? every day, there are many postings

worst posted by some guests, the mbrs tend to post another postings to ask the guests to PM them  for further discussion (cos mbrs cannot even directly pm guests), endless irrelevant posting cos of endless qns

Skeptism is alway a healthy sign, if no skeptism I worry.  Look at how Yang Yin who cheated the old widow, and the widow thought it was love.  I see Yang has more to gain than the widow, he will be released in few years time and will still be a millionaire with the cash stashed in secret place in China. 

On 26/10/2016 at 4:29 PM, Guest Middle-Aged said:

I saw a job advertisement which I like and it is my dream job.  So I decided to check out on their website, they have 100+ staffs, all very young.  I didn't spot any middel-age guy or lady in there. Every photos showcased the youthful staffs on holiday, in office, birthday party and in fun working environment.   A sudden rush of dissappointment filled my heart, even the boss is young too.

I am certain, there won't be any chance for a middle age man like me.  Should I give up and don't waste time writing up resume for this job only to be thrown into their rubbish bin?

sending resume is consider wasting time? how much time will you take? are you so confident that every job that you seek will ask you for an interview? no harm just giving a try, you won't know and never give up easily without giving a fight :)

Edited by snowball

16 hours ago, killerwhale said:

It is better to just give it a go, than to miss it altogether

Miss it altogether means straight away 0% of acceptance as there is no chance at all

Give it a try at least still have chance of being accepted

Agreed. At least in the near future, you won't find yourself asking the question "what if". Go for it! 

the reason why u should back up ,First thing u already feel uncomfortable  with the ppl and place. Even u got the job u will feel out of place and will quit after one day when ppl shun u.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

the reason why u should back up ,First thing u already feel uncomfortable  with the ppl and place. Even u got the job u will feel out of place and will quit after one day when ppl shun u.

As in a thorn among the leaves & flower?

43 minutes ago, Guest Middle-Aged said:

My application was rejected after 3 days. Surprise?

长痛不如短痛

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Middle-Aged
8 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

It's rare that employers inform you when you are rejected. Usually they just brush you off with the "only shortlisted candidates will be notified" tactic

When I send in my application, there was an auto-acknowledge of receipt.  When they reject it was a simple message too.

We appreciate your interest in the company and the job. I am writing to let you know that we have selected the candidate whom we believe most closely matches the job requirements of the position. 

Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Guest Middle-Aged
23 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

Simple, automated template message better than no message. At least we can manage our expectations and move on. 

Already managed my expectation, but listened to people here. So thick-skinned still send to the young-working environment.  Now face rejection.

I got the opportunity for the interview, after the interview session the interviewer said will let me know after a week time, after I week I decided to follow up and call them, they said will let me know soon. After 3days they sent me an email and said that they regret...bla bla bla..so in this situation, should I call back and ask? Why reject me? Or how was my interview performance?

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I got the opportunity for the interview, after the interview session the interviewer said will let me know after a week time, after I week I decided to follow up and call them, they said will let me know soon. After 3days they sent me an email and said that they regret...bla bla bla..so in this situation, should I call back and ask? Why reject me? Or how was my interview performance?

有些事情你現在不必問

有些人你永遠不必等

Guest Holy Cow
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

After 3days they sent me an email and said that they regret...bla bla bla..so in this situation, should I call back and ask?

Don't call, quietly blacklist them in your heart.  If you call, 10 out of 10 times they will lied to you saying they found someone more suitable, which in fact they haven't found anyone at all.  You will know because they same advertisement will be posted again, again, again, again, again and again, than again, again......until the cow come home.

Guest Middle-Aged
On 11/5/2016 at 3:22 PM, Guest Middle-Aged said:

When I send in my application, there was an auto-acknowledge of receipt.  When they reject it was a simple message too.

We appreciate your interest in the company and the job. I am writing to let you know that we have selected the candidate whom we believe most closely matches the job requirements of the position. 

Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Funny, if they have selected someone, why still place the same advertisement today?   Unbelievable liar.

59 minutes ago, Guest Jonathan Li said:

You're 陈淑桦?

你是李宗盛?

还是你想听电视剧的主题曲“当爱擦身而过”?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic