Male HQ

Should schools make the Upper Sec wear shorts also???

Guest Yuripa

Currently in our Singaore schools only the lower sec are wearing shorts.

However in view of the hot/humid,rainy weather, is it good idea to make upper sec wear shorts instead of long pants also?

One important reason is save cost?

39 minutes ago, Guest Yuripa said:

Currently in our Singaore schools only the lower sec are wearing shorts.

However in view of the hot/humid,rainy weather, is it good idea to make upper sec wear shorts instead of long pants also?

One important reason is save cost?

Coming of age...  I just can't wait to get to Sec 3 just to be able to wear long pants and be seen as a senior. 

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Not everything is about sex and sexuality as we grow up and living life outside of thinking everything has to do with sex 23/7. :P

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest curious here
16 hours ago, upshot said:

Coming of age...  I just can't wait to get to Sec 3 just to be able to wear long pants and be seen as a senior. 

r u 14 yrs old ?!

9 hours ago, Guest curious here said:

FYI:

I was 14 more then a few decades ago in a all male Secondary school that make us wear shorts from Sec1-2. Only Sec 3 you get to wear white pants optionally by Sec 4 we have to all wear pants.

yes is a good idea! My school wore shorts for all 4 years. During my time, we are always getting laughed at by other schools for this =(

haha..will be good to make them change too...

On Tuesday, 1 November, 2016 at 6:36 PM, bluerunner said:

When I was in lower secondary, I always looked forward to the day where I can wear longs. But when I reached upper secondary, I wished to wear shorts again. It's not so warm and I felt more convenient in short pants. How ironic.

long pants would be too warm and uncomfortable, if classrooms are not aircon. For schools like Catholic High, they do not wear long pants for upper secondary too.

As a few others have pointed out, the long pants are a status symbol; it shows that one is a senior.

Some bring up the issue of body-confidence because of leg hair. I can't help but wonder if that's the case, we should be teaching our children to be more confident of their bodies?

In any case, as the old adage goes: don't fix what's not broken. I say let the long pants stay.

Guest curious
On Monday, 7 November, 2016 at 10:16 AM, PancakeX3 said:

As a few others have pointed out, the long pants are a status symbol; it shows that one is a senior.

Is this really a necessary thing? Its just a status but does not seem very important? I thought practical considerations and cost should come first? Don't think there is a need to differentiate who is senior or not as all are just secondary school students anyway.

• 3 months later...

I also come from a school that boys wear shorts for all 4 years.

Save cost as in? .... I think it is rare that you can wear the same shorts for 4 years.

I remembered when I was in lower sec, not only can I admire the hairy legs of my seniors, I also liked to take a peek at seniors' armpit hair (whenever there was an opportunity) ... :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I also come from a school that boys wear shorts for all 4 years.

Save cost as in? .... I think it is rare that you can wear the same shorts for 4 years.

I remembered when I was in lower sec, not only can I admire the hairy legs of my seniors, I also liked to take a peek at seniors' armpit hair (whenever there was an opportunity) ... :whistle:

Probaly for those that don't grow much, they can squeeze into same pair for all 4 years? hahaha

• Guest locked this topic