Male HQ

anyone travel alone buy package tour

Guest guest

• G_M changed the title to anyone travel alone buy package tour
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a solo traveller most of the time. Usually, I would buy a local package tour when I'm there, especially for countries where there is a language barrier or when there are some sightseeing places which are not very accessible. Package tour is easier and helps save time in planning and transportation.

The last time I did a package tour must be some 30 odd years ago.  Since the advent of budget airlines, I have completely stopped taking full-fledged airlines.    The savings can be used to pay for the sight-seeing itself.

I would normally do my homework and chose just one, at most 2 places of interest to see per day.  I enjoy taking bus rides and train rides as I get to see the lives of the people there.

As I am not that particular about accommodation, I usually chose to stay at hostels.  Yes I am a cheapskate but I do enjoy mixing with other travellers, sharing their travel tips.  

Sometimes going solo has its advantages - there is no need to cater to the needs of the travelliing partner and I just do what I want - museums and art gallery over shopping.  

Guest LoneRanger
On 1/23/2017 at 10:01 PM, gymfan32 said:

I am a solo traveller most of the time. Usually, I would buy a local package tour when I'm there, especially for countries where there is a language barrier or when there are some sightseeing places which are not very accessible. Package tour is easier and helps save time in planning and transportation.

I echo this too. It is better to join a local package tour especially for day trips out of your base. If your base is one of the bigger cities, check out the local backpacker hostels. Usually they have such tours going on reasonably priced and they charged per head.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.