Male HQ

How often do you meet your other half / date / significant other?

Straw

i have once  almost want to go relationship with this guy. I told him due to my work commitment i can only meet him once a week and on his off day. But he insist of meeting everyday.So we broke up and he claim he have found the wrong bf.Nowsday without money how to enjoy  life  with yr partner.

2 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

i have once  almost want to go relationship with this guy. I told him due to my work commitment i can only meet him once a week and on his off day. But he insist of meeting everyday.So we broke up and he claim he have found the wrong bf.Nowsday without money how to enjoy  life  with yr partner.

Consider not bad you can meet once a week and on his off day, which means more than one day per week and he is still not understanding on your work commitment?

Meeting up at least once on a weekend (either Saturday or Sunday) isn't considered overboard right? Both of us are working on Mondays to Fridays so I thought either Saturday or Sunday shouldn't be much of a problem. 

So if the guy doesn't seem keen in meeting (based on the fact I'm always the one initiating and planning), can I assume he's not really into me after all?

Edited by Straw

Guest Finds your shades weird
1 hour ago, Straw said:

Meeting up at least once on a weekend (either Saturday or Sunday) isn't considered overboard right? Both of us are working on Mondays to Fridays so I thought either Saturday or Sunday shouldn't be much of a problem. 

So if the guy doesn't seem keen in meeting (based on the fact I'm always the one initiating and planning), can I assume he's not really into me after all?

Maybe find a new pair of shades (referring to your dp.) 

heh jokes aside- I meet my bf once a week now cause it's the end of year busy season. Twice if can.

i think most replies are for BF. If dates then yeah I think there should be that passion to want to meet more... so if u keep initiating and he doesn't, and if he's like not so keen to meet up, there is a chance he's not that in to you. 

But take all replies here with a pinch of salt cos we don't know the man you're dating. He could literally be as busy as fk but has u in his mind all day :))

<3 all the best!!

My ideal range would be 2 times a week generally. But more than 2 times for honeymoon couples or dating phase.

Life is not so busy till couples cannot even afford to meet once a week regardless of your commitments. Time should be managed effectively and prioritisation plays an important role in a relationship. A simple equation would be Effort+Prioritisation=Time. 

If you are always the one initiating to meet up, always the one who plans everything, I am afraid it is pretty much a one sided love case. It always takes 2 hands to clap, 2 hands to hold and 2 hands to do things.

I think for meetup, whether it is between couples or even friends, it is really consider quite one sided if always one side initate meetup and plan everything.

as and when ....due to his family commitment so he can't stay overnight since his age parent need him more.

dun like to use as routine or time table relationship to meet up or together.

afterall, since in relationship unlike dating whereby meet daily due to honeymoon period.

personally, i think we should respect each other private moment for work, reflection, family and friends instead of occupy each other.

Every week we meet. Infact we would be dying to meet and spend quality time for each other. We devote quality time for our relationship no matter how busy we are. We schedule a date night once  aweek we can be attentive to each others' needs. Its quite working in our relationship. Dressing well on a date is a necessity which creates a strong personal impression and thus ensure that I look handsome. We both ensure that we are punctual and respect each others time. Time really matters. Check this very useful article on tips for a succesful gay relationship http://www.bespokematchmaking.com/tips-for-a-successful-gay-relationship/ in which professional gay match makers say how important it is to keep in touch often.

For me, it's nearly everyday... with our friends or with our families.... spending time with each other is important but making sure the relationship does not stagnate is another.... must always make sure we do different things so that you keep making new memories...

Ever since I'm steady wiv my bf, he will try to make time to meet up with me everyday during the weekdays to send me home after my work or sch. The sweetest thing is that he told me wherever you go, its ok cos I will make sure that Im able to find u.  <3 Even if it's only a brief 15 min I'm more than happy enough already haha :) 

^_^ 我会好好的等待我的王子出现。。。 :P

20 minutes ago, schoen said:

frankly speaking, during the honeymoon/dating phase, maybe up to 4x a week.. then after that i guess 1-2 times a week? personally think that meeting too often sometimes leads to not knowing what to talk abt.. dk if thats just me though

Talk about what happen at work, sure to have things to say.

33 minutes ago, Guest Once a Week said:

Once a week. Sometimes once every 2 weeks. Is that too little?

There is no fixed rule little or not? If both of you mutually agreed, think it is ok.

Guest Once a Week
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

There is no fixed rule little or not? If both of you mutually agreed, think it is ok.

We both agree, because we r both busy cannot meet up. We still send msgs saying how much we miss each other.

It boils to age and work commitments.

From my experience with AMDKs, they are least interested in being possessive.

They would not want to meet more than twice weekly - once mid-week and then the weekend.

Meeting daily is really a chore.. I reckon the older the guys, meeting twice is just about right.

However if I am a sweet young thing venturing into my first relationship, the two of us would become "you tiao" .. Totally inseparable.   

14 minutes ago, abang said:

It boils to age and work commitments.

From my experience with AMDKs, they are least interested in being possessive.

They would not want to meet more than twice weekly - once mid-week and then the weekend.

Meeting daily is really a chore.. I reckon the older the guys, meeting twice is just about right.

However if I am a sweet young thing venturing into my first relationship, the two of us would become "you tiao" .. Totally inseparable.   

Ha! You haven't meet my bf then. he does get cranky when we don't see each other as often. So we do plan sleepovers etc. especially Friday nights leading to the weekend. 

Love. 

It really depends on both your needs, especially if you are dating someone who's a workaholic. While I prefer to meet at least 3 times a week, he prefers to meet once a week due to his work commitment. Thus we now meet twice a week, which is a nice figure imo. If you're an introvert who has to juggle between meeting your dates and several close friends whom you keep in contract, 2 times a week is pretty ideal.

-Interesting fact here too:

Priscilla Chan, wife of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, laid down rules for how many times they should meet a week during their relationship.

"Zuckerberg and Chan held a “series of negotiations” to govern the terms of her move. Lacy writes that the final contract included how often the lovebirds would see each other: “One date per week, a minimum of 100 minutes of alone time, not in his apartment and definitely not at Facebook.” 

I thought it's a pretty neat move to get both people on the same page.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

• 8 months later...

My bf and I will try to meet everyday. Even if it's just for lunch or he'll accompany on my journey to work.

Not used to it but isn't relationship about compromises and acceptance? Haha

good deeds never go unpunished

hmmm...it has to be within the convenience and capability of both parties.

the meeting (what more a date), shall not be cumbersome to any party. if it is, it wont be fun anymore. 

both parties must be understanding to one another especially during the busy time due to work or study or any reason at all.

but regardless, it is preferable that there shall be a general rule, such as meeting once or twice a fortnight regardless how busy any of the party is, or both parties are.

and be creative! have a lunch date, or do surprise visit if any of the party is down with illness. there are lots of ways to meet.

• Guest locked this topic