Male HQ

Video editing software?

Coolbriz

Hi,

anyone care to recommend any simple video editing software running on windows? It will be awesome if it is free if not a one-time payable fee is fine. Basically I need it to have the following functions:

- stitch videos from different files together preferably with some choices of simple transition effects

- selective fast forward (time lapse), reverse action (not sure what's the technical term for it) and slow motion of a particular section of the video

- adding music / songs in the background over a selected video frame

- some video effects, etc

Appreciate recommendation from any kind soul. Kamsia! :) 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Adobe Premiere that runs on XP...but it would need time to render before selective fast forward, reverse etc. Not sure if you'd find that too slow. Alternative is iOS Movie maker but same, the rendering might take a while if your output is high res...

31 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Adobe Premiere that runs on XP...but it would need time to render before selective fast forward, reverse etc. Not sure if you'd find that too slow. Alternative is iOS Movie maker but same, the rendering might take a while if your output is high res...

Hey thanks for your recommendations. Will review and try them out :) 

1 hour ago, mrfds said:

Avid (used to be industry standard), Final Cut Pro if you're on Mac. Premiere Pro is good too. For the most part premiere pro is the way to go imo. Or maybe even Sony Vegas

Got free versions...? Haven't got any working versions of these... :(

If by free you mean pirating...you can try that. But otherwise, some sort of payment is necessary but its one time iirc. If I were you I'd look into Adobe cos its pretty much cross platform and you can have several workflows within almost all the different adobe products.(i hear they have some sort of discounts occasionally, for students/working class)

1 hour ago, mrfds said:

If by free you mean pirating...you can try that. But otherwise, some sort of payment is necessary but its one time iirc. If I were you I'd look into Adobe cos its pretty much cross platform and you can have several workflows within almost all the different adobe products.(i hear they have some sort of discounts occasionally, for students/working class)

Great! Thanks so much. Will take a look at adobe. One thing I m concerned with adobe is the user-friendliness. For instance, I couldn't figure out how to do photo editing with multiple images on photoshop cs without referencing or finding out. Other words, it's not quite intuitive to pick up their basic functions. 

Adobe Premiere is pretty much professional use, I find a bit complicated cos too many functions, takes a while to figure out. Probably can pay to use for a month (~$39) from their subscription model.

Use to dabble with Pinnacle Studio as well, I find easier to use but not free.

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? Very basic and may be able to just do those things you mentioned.

Any sort of proper video editing software requires some form of knowledge and you should use Youtube videos to help guide you but trust me once you use the whole thing long enough, you'll know that the complicated looking UI is just a look and youll know how to filter out the 'main buttons' to navigate your way through.

9 hours ago, Guest Editor said:

Adobe Premiere is pretty much professional use, I find a bit complicated cos too many functions, takes a while to figure out. Probably can pay to use for a month (~$39) from their subscription model.

Use to dabble with Pinnacle Studio as well, I find easier to use but not free.

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? Very basic and may be able to just do those things you mentioned.

Was reviewing windows movie maker and it seems to provide most of the functions I need but it can't do reverse video. What a pity..

Edited by Coolbriz

1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

Was reviewing windows movie maker and it seems to provide most of the functions I need but it can't do reverse video. What a pity..

Try searching for an app or online site that can let you reverse the video and save as a separate file.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.