Male HQ

Karaoke Singing Groups??

Labbitteo

10 hours ago, boity said:

Erm...sing for fun or serious singing??

Can just meet up at karaoke and sing for fun.  

For those who are interested to explore more.. Can join the other thread.. Which I am looking to form a group for video covers etc.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 10:45 PM, Dnfyts said:

:clap: I'm interested if there's any, thanks

Hi ! Sure!! 

On 9/3/2017 at 8:43 AM, manlybi said:

i want to join, 48 yo chinese

Can Can!!  

On 9/3/2017 at 9:53 PM, blackengsht said:

me too!!! 

No Problem!!

--------------------

Add me on LINE ?? i pM u guys~ 

I don't go often cos no kaki.  I sing chinese pop sentimental ballads.  

I like Lee Hom, Jay Chou, Eric Zhou.  Their songs are high, some are a bit off my range,. 

Hoping to learn more songs, and explore the more lively dance numbers.  I am also interested the

female singer's repertoire like a mei etc And I like duets, but usually M-F duets.  I can sing harmony if

given enough time to listen and figure out the notes.  

Those who like singing and dont mind singing to public can visit this place.

Lluvia KTV
145 Telok Ayer Street
Opens @ 8pm 

Been there for quite a long time, so far the sound system is considered one of the better ones. 
Quite a handful of great singers there, if you are lucky, you may catch some celebrities from time to time!

The songlist updates weekly!  so you can be sure to sing all the concert style arrangements you saw on TVs there~

*winks!

• 3 months later...

老饼也曾经是个香港粤语歌曲的发烧(骚)友。。

真是想当年。。卡拉盛行时, 常常会在家庭聚会时, 不时地哼哼唱唱。。

什么 上海滩, 海阔天空, 夕阳之歌 也算是比较拿手的。

Of course, 还有我的偶像, 蔡琴的老歌!

Interesting article but wonder whether the prices have gone up?

http://thesmartlocal.com/read/cheapest-karaoke-singapore

Every once in a while, I will pop over to JB on weekdays before 11 am.

There is a karaoke joint at City Square Mall and yes, it is under RM20 with lunch thrown-in.

2 hours ago, AlphaOne said:

How much does it cost for 2 to 4 pax for 3 or 4 hrs? 

I like Cantonese mandrin songs from 70s to 90s.

Dear alpha1

https://www.koshidaka.com.sg/manekineko/  : Click on the one u like (largest grp in sg)
it
dpends on the timing (usu lunch timing will throw in a simple lunchbox, which is mentioned by Abang that might not be tasty, u could opt for higher options too )
evening they may have buffet eg at the Cineleisure branch

so  u picked one that fit you aim

For me, I would prefer less eating during meal times

Your choice of song really confirmed your age!
but it is fine at least u r really honest

I met one random person, he told me he is 1cycle younger (12yrs) than me when he is of the exact same age as me

from the choice of his fav singers, it easily indicated to me that he shdnt even be 1 cycle younger but shd be one cycle older

21 minutes ago, AlphaOne said:

Thanks LHandle.

Ya, it's difficult now to find ppl who like 徐小风 and Sam Hui. Some songs from 1960s Shaw Brothers are good too. 

one of the uncle who responded in this thread definitely can do it (not me lah)

Oh dear, even shaw bros are in now

Sam hui ok cos their songs r really about society

Let me test u, do u know that xu Xiao feng sang one of our local drama tv show (though many hated our sg production)?

21 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Dear alpha1

https://www.koshidaka.com.sg/manekineko/  : Click on the one u like (largest grp in sg)
it
dpends on the timing (usu lunch timing will throw in a simple lunchbox, which is mentioned by Abang that might not be tasty, u could opt for higher options too )
evening they may have buffet eg at the Cineleisure branch

so  u picked one that fit you aim

For me, I would prefer less eating during meal times

Your choice of song really confirmed your age!
but it is fine at least u r really honest

I met one random person, he told me he is 1cycle younger (12yrs) than me when he is of the exact same age as me

from the choice of his fav singers, it easily indicated to me that he shdnt even be 1 cycle younger but shd be one cycle older

Jialat, my choice of song might look 1 cycle older than u. Lol.

51 minutes ago, Traveller789 said:

Jialat, my choice of song might look 1 cycle older than u. Lol.

it is fine to appreciate oldies or ctry (though not my cup of tea)
singers like Feng Fei Fei, Teresa Deng Lijun, Queens, beatles or even carpenters are like Classic
Ctry created big star like taylor swift, or carrie underwood (ok this maybe nt too popular)

The reason I quoted the eg is the person who is of the same age as me, lied that he is 1 cycle younger than me but the moment, I qn his choice of songs, I felt strange cos he cannot be younger than me (I was wondering why the need to LIE)
It is clear to me when someone ask for my age, he is asking for the NRIC age, not how young one looked or how handsome/muscular is

So nothing wrong w one's personal song
and I listened to Katy Perry, and songs like Thunder by Imagine Dragon
many of my era pp don't even listen to one cycle younger than those I m listening to

While many still stick to Madonna, nothing wrong w it cos she s damned gd (so don't misunderstood some of the points I shared online cos I didn't elaborate them /clarify them further)
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/who-s-the-biggest-star-madonna-whitney-or-celine-9851798

and I luv Madonna too

yes
I know many gay mandopop lovers may luv Cai Yilin ,  JJ Lin or the likes but ie cos they tend to appeal to gays

大家都应该知道我比较喜欢低音。。蔡琴, 徐小凤, 梅艳芳, 赵鹏, 潘秀琼等等。。

小凤姐的确唱过全新的电视剧歌曲: 浮沉里的不夜城传奇, 如果重相逢。

主题曲的歌词写得非常“给力”。。不再叹息新的一天又来临。

插曲: 怀旧味好浓。。适合老饼听。。

八卦: 潘玲玲本来是这剧的女主角, 但她拒绝亲热镜头, 放弃了机会。。陈秀还顶替。。

88年最上镜得陈丽贞-电视里的脸好大。。

abang

get the ans right woh, really a fan of mediacorp!

Fu chen浮沉 (big drama series of sbs times, hence invited xu xiaofeng to sing) - first time to produce long 50 parters/episodes
in those days cos we have no exposure to internet and other channels, hence I still rem I quite like Painted faces and Samsui women
https://remembersingapore.org/2014/03/10/sbc-dramas-of-1980s/
I even have a younger than me guy came telling me that he cannot forget Jin lan jie (another olden drama series) goodness

I don't even recollect them until I chance upon a thread like the above : while Fu chen is indeed one of the big production http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-filmtv-95739-1.shtml

my mind is thinking of game of thrones, Korean drama like the mermaid, one may hve to move from sg's SBS to SBS of seoul's

While one aged w grace, I do expect all to keep it up

I was overhearing a tranny lover kissing and dialoguing w his tranny (grandpa w white hair , no matter how well-maintained) , raving how much he loved him and his hobby

I was shocked that grandpa (ok granduncle) didn't even know what is the app that he s talking about

Son/tranny lover is sharing about singing and discussing abt technicalities (& sharing) of songs using that famous app, he even elaborated to his tranny/granduncle that app is very famous in Taiwan and ..........
I can clearly see that granduncle cannot visualise what is that, goodness I don't even use that app but I know it is 2 character, anyone of u know it? congrats u  r living well
( I don't use Line or whatever fuckchat, I purposely delete them all but that doesn't mean I m lost in a new era)

while I don't expect everyone to memorise the functions of all apps, the world famous ones, one shd know (don't hve to spend precious time in BW, yet nt knowing the world famous apps), eg many youngsters love to 画蛇添足 instead of spelling "Nice", they typed "Naise" or instead of "how much" , they typed Hm, "Yolo", we don't have to learn how they write but we need to know that in order to communicate

boi, too young lah

20 hours ago, happiboi said:

can i join for the k session ?

I just realised @bigdanbeam commented on this youtube? what gradeabra commented is true too....he is also the same era?

Hope @AlphaOne, can find chance to sing his xu xiaofeng in ktv now, awaiting the session

mayb abang need to define old men? abv 50?

• 3 months later...

Giving this quiet thread a new bump!!

I am organizing a sing-song meetup session!! probably max 8 pax per session. 
sorry it has to be a limit, cos too many people in 1 ktv, especially with "new friends" sometimes very awkward wan. 
of cos there are criteria to follow.. those who are interested to participate must be genuinely interested
in singing. there are cases where people come, and just do their own thing, when ask to insert or put songs..
will give excuses, or keep saying "later, later then put"..  this type.. better stay at home bah.. dun waste everyone's time!

This is to share and exchange music, age is not a big issue, i sing oldies too! i think they are great. 
but if you are young and hate old, or vice versa, then u can stay at home too.
You can dont like or dun sing songs from certain generation, but u cant be judgey and rude. 

Come on.. 20 years from now, 小幸运,等你下课 these songs may be the "金曲“ in 黄金年华 lo.. so.. show some respect okay~.  

well. if u are not one of those people i mentioned above, come come ! all are welcome! 
Leave me a message or Pm me your LINE ID. =D Cheers!