Male HQ

Taiwan legalize same-sex marriages Discussion (compiled)

bluefish20008

Dec 26 - second reading in Parliament.  Likely successful, and the proposal will be send out.

Final bil is may-june.

Outcome confirmed, gay marriage will be legalized, the problem is which form...... as Guest Puyuma said, " just that the kinds of protection by the law will depend on the route taken to grant gay marriage legal rights to taiwanese gays: civil marriage code amendment or "special gay marriage laws" enacted. "

Now, we shall all give as much as possible support to CIVIL Marriage code amendment, and not special laws.

CIVIL marriage code amendment is true equality - lots of explanation on Taiwan forum, and Facebook.

If people want that explanation, i will then translate and explain.

But in my opinion, the reason to REJECT special gay marriage laws is one of tactics.

The proposals are by the christians - yes, they are the one who wanted that.

First, because to propose new special marriage law, there are a lot of details to take care (drag time).

Secondly, the blue-print of that proposal offer only two points - (a) permit gay partner the medical benefits, to be able to sign for consent of operation etc... (b) allow gay partner to inherit their life partner's property.
Both so-called advantage does not give any offer at all....but it removed the most powerful argument of the Pro-Gay proposals.

Background, sometime earlier, a French professor in Taiwan passed away, by suicide.  Reason, his partner died earlier.
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/畢安生

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20161018/969960/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Picoux

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201610170006.aspx

This actually triggered off and provided lots of momentum, and actually won a lot of sympathy from even the straights community.

Whatever you like to know, please express your wish, i shall help to answer as much as possible.

An excellent speech by a presbyterian pastor, i almost fall in love with his speech -

and his interview after that....

and if you wish to add him on his facebook..... cut and paste this name 陳思豪

A very touching movie -

and the background of 葉永鋕 -

Omg that testimony video from Mama Yeh touches my heart. (Who is cutting the bloody onion).

Coming from Asian conservative background, i have come a long way to where i am now. I came out and to this date still try to have full reconciliation or rather acceptance from my parents.

At the end of the day, we will stand strong by having each other at our back. And yes there are straight people who wants to be our allies.

Hopefully, from Taiwan it will start the dominos down to Asian countries to show that we do love our people equally...

Why Special Gay-Marriage Law is wrong and discriminative..... Differential treatment = Discriminative treatment.

just imagine, in your house, you installed TWO identical fridges, and you tell your domestic helper, we use this one, and you use another.... do you think it is discriminative?
Likewise, having Special Gay-Marriage Law .... why heterosexual can have (regular) civil marriage law, and GLBTs have to be married under Special Gay-Marriage Law, even if both are worded identically.

為什麼同性戀者這麼討厭同婚專法

南非憲法法院就指出:「『區別』本身往往就讓人感到不舒服」。因為,不僅是受到「差別的待遇」這一件事令人感到不舒服,「被區隔入某一類別」這件事情更是讓人感到尊嚴貶損。
因為基於性傾向而設立專法,儘管能夠賦予異性戀和同性戀相同的保障,但在欠缺正當理由的情況下,這樣的作法將會強烈地釋放出「你沒有資格跟我平起平坐」的訊號,維持異性戀 的「常規性」、強化同性戀的「殊異性」,更直接地從尊嚴貶低同性戀者,更不符合平等原則。

15259402_1803149749960724_33424510633749

Edited by Andrew ang525

Guest Self-righteous fools

Why Special Gay-Marriage Law is wrong and discriminative.....

為什麼同性戀者這麼討厭同婚專法

南非憲法法院就指出:「『區別』本身往往就讓人感到不舒服」。因為,不僅是受到「差別的待遇」這一件事令人感到不舒服,「被區隔入某一類別」這件事情更是讓人感到尊嚴貶損。
因為基於性傾向而設立專法,儘管能夠賦予異性戀和同性戀相同的保障,但在欠缺正當理由的情況下,這樣的作法將會強烈地釋放出「你沒有資格跟我平起平坐」的訊號,維持異性戀 的「常規性」、強化同性戀的「殊異性」,更直接地從尊嚴貶低同性戀者,更不符合平等原則。

15259402_1803149749960724_33424510633749

Tell that to most singaporeans who are self-righteous, narrow-minded, stubborn and childish! LGBTs who are hiding themselves from others are ALSO like that. THE ECO SYSTEM HERE IS LIKE THIS. 自己人伤害自己人。Never underestimate the POWER of denial. IT GIVES YOU POWER TO HURT OTHERS, EVEN YOUR OWN KIND. IT MAKES THE OTHERWISE POWERLESS FEEL POWERFUL, AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS. It definitely feels good to hypocrites with split-personalities!

Taiwan LGBT needs assistance, in whatever way (including donations)

This is the current situation.  http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20161211/1009903/

專法遲未現身 尤美女:同志要為民法持續發聲

And, 尤美女 (no joke, this is her actual name) is the one spearheading the entire movement, and she is the MP from DPP.

There will be an actual debate on tuesday -

繼同性婚姻正反一軍分別上場後,明天13日(周二),正反立場來賓在公視"有話好說",同台論辯同性婚姻合法化。

來賓:
立委 尤美女(此次修法的最關鍵的立委)
律師 葉光洲(家事法專家,從法律面提出許多修法質疑)

沒有謠言、沒有仇恨,沒有歧視,只有真實的理性思辨。就在明晚八點公視有話好說。

i will try to post the link, if not, you can find at cazila.net about two hours later.

This is their "Blowing wind" in taiwan - PTT gay

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/gay/M.1481551985.A.889.html

and the official Dec 26 is the show hand between conservatives vs LGBT, as that decides the outcome.  The last two saturdays, each take one day.  Conservative on 3 Dec, and LGBT on 10 Dec.

Conservatives are rich, they actually pay people 500 NT and lunch bento for attendence.

Official facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/1262622793808800/

TW LGBT needs help..... if your chinese is good, please go to their facebook and help the debates.  Even if you reply in english is OK.

BACKGROUND

christians about 5%.

The mandarin churches generally support KMT, the dialect churches generally support DPP.

However, dialect churches (mainly in the south) are conservative in marriage etc... less education, more farmers.

Mandarin churches (located usu in the north) are more receptive.... higher education.

But funny thing, DPP (more liberal) 60% support LGBT.

Among the 35 MPs of KMT, only 1 is openly supporting.

*this is a political game, KMT wanted to block the amendments of law, because that is what Tsai Ing Wen promised in her campaign.

MPs of both parties who have yet to reveal their inclination are political animals, and fence-sitter, so they want to see the attendence.

So far, conservative 3-dec, 70k

LGBT 10-dec 250k

But everyone wanted to create the crowd on 26 Dec.

Guest Worried

I'm quite worried about the day itself on 26 dec. Will people be civil? Will taiwanese christians start beheading people? Will the savages amongst them be revealing themselves? *prays for taiwan's safety*

In term of the process of policy making, it is whole new ball game in Taiwan.

As much as I wish the proponents success, in what position and capacity am I to exhort them to put in the efforts?

May be highly advisable to observe the process of the Movement as as to draw aspiration and inspiration. 

Guest Trump tactic
25 minutes ago, Andrew ang525 said:

Besides telling lies, mis-information etc, the conservatives actally beats up LGBT.

And spit on LGBT in front of their own children, mimic blow jobs, call people dogs, worse than animal, etc. Many were paid NT500, bento lunch and free transportation to turn up to make up numbers. They thought these were included as a benefits, felt the compulsion to let themselves have a go at some gays having went up all the way to taipei from the south.

This is really low.....

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722887491194375&id=100004193926188

and claim that this is the materials for primary school.

One need not even have to be intelligent to know this is lie.

We could learn from them.

Actually, the conservatives are getting lots of help from international hate groups.  The action is just like what we witness during the AWARE saga, and indeed worse.

8 hours ago, Andrew ang525 said:

This is really low.....

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722887491194375&id=100004193926188

and claim that this is the materials for primary school.

One need not even have to be intelligent to know this is lie.

We could learn from them.

Actually, the conservatives are getting lots of help from international hate groups.  The action is just like what we witness during the AWARE saga, and indeed worse.

15542149_1232290376851971_48788120789555

高雄基督教豐收教會牧師蔡宗勳貼出兩張圖片,包含一張男女性器交合的示意圖,指控是國小教材,還說書中認為兩個人相愛就可以找一個舒適的地方做愛。

經查,此書應為樂幼文化出版社針對青春期少年少女推出的繪本《為什麼你跟我不一樣?告訴你長大後身體的祕密》,根本就不是國小健康教育的課本。而且牧師張貼的翻拍圖片當中,明明也有寫到心態要成熟才能決定是否要發生性關係跟生孩子。

基督教幹部一再提供錯誤資訊、煽動恐懼,已經造成台灣社會的嚴重動盪,也抹煞了性別教育工作者的努力,在此嚴正譴責!

1 hour ago, Andrew ang525 said:

高雄基督教豐收教會牧師蔡宗勳貼出兩張圖片,包含一張男女性器交合的示意圖,指控是國小教材,還說書中認為兩個人相愛就可以找一個舒適的地方做愛。

經查,此書應為樂幼文化出版社針對青春期少年少女推出的繪本《為什麼你跟我不一樣?告訴你長大後身體的祕密》,根本就不是國小健康教育的課本。而且牧師張貼的翻拍圖片當中,明明也有寫到心態要成熟才能決定是否要發生性關係跟生孩子。

基督教幹部一再提供錯誤資訊、煽動恐懼,已經造成台灣社會的嚴重動盪,也抹煞了性別教育工作者的努力,在此嚴正譴責!

Lying is not one of the Ten Commandments huh? No wonder these people are so devious, dishonest and deceitful.

Guest 羡慕嫉妒恨

On dec 10, a gay on his way to the parade got threatened with a big pair scissors and scratched on his neck by the bus driver. An anti-gay demonstrator kicked a gay on his back, another had his ribs broken by another anti-gay protestor. I am getting worried for the dec 26 parade when the decision will be made. I'm quite sure more gays will be getting hurt on that day by the anti-gay marriage protestors. 姐我很不高兴有同志在公共场合居然还会被灞陵到受伤!!!!!!!!那么无法无天!!!!看来很多反同婚的都是绿茶婊!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Vometra said:

Lying is not one of the Ten Commandments huh? No wonder these people are so devious, dishonest and deceitful.

He probably will turn around to say that he meant this as what could be happening once gay can get married. Actually the beauty of Christianity is that you just have to repent and donate to the church, get more people to join, surrender and sing praise to God, you will have a place in Heaven.

Besides opposing gay marriage is upholding God's work. He will be fine. Btw, you will be too as long as you join the church.

12 hours ago, Vometra said:

Lately, many churches have spread so many lies... Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life; these churches - by denying Truth, are denying Him. They will fall.

28 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Lately, many churches have spread so many lies... Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life; these churches - by denying Truth, are denying Him. They will fall.

Christian churches have been telling lies for nearly 2000 years in the typical way churches do: by telling that their dogmas, which in reality are beliefs,  are FACTS.

8 hours ago, Guest 羡慕嫉妒恨 said:

On dec 10, a gay on his way to the parade got threatened with a big pair scissors and scratched on his neck by the bus driver. An anti-gay demonstrator kicked a gay on his back, another had his ribs broken by another anti-gay protestor. I am getting worried for the dec 26 parade when the decision will be made. I'm quite sure more gays will be getting hurt on that day by the anti-gay marriage protestors. 姐我很不高兴有同志在公共场合居然还会被灞陵到受伤!!!!!!!!那么无法无天!!!!看来很多反同婚的都是绿茶婊!!!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder what are all those muscles and countless hours spent at the gym for ... fight violence with violence lah, that's the only language they know. Look at how they cower in fear and silence when they are pummeled by the even more vicious followers of a related religion lol.

Edited by Vometra

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Really? The statistics show that it is growing stronger and stronger everyday in Singapore. I heard people saying that it is the best religion and that Christianity is already very tolerant by allowing other religions to co-exist with it. If you want to be rich and powerful in Singapore, be Christian.

Guest 绿茶婊
2 hours ago, Guest Fuwar said:

Really? The statistics show that it is growing stronger and stronger everyday in Singapore. I heard people saying that it is the best religion and that Christianity is already very tolerant by allowing other religions to co-exist with it. If you want to be rich and powerful in Singapore, be Christian.

Why singaporeans like to go church? Mega churches. It's air conditioned. It's like going to cinema, a good chance to dress up and pretend to live in a temperate country, put on scarves, layer clothings, sing and dance in church service. Then go for high tea afterwards. It's like going to a party! We all know many singaporeans are closet SPGs. They can't really do that in a hot sweaty temple or mosque right? 都是群绿茶婊姐我告诉你!

Guest From Mary to Madonna

施俊宇, the student who set up 捍卫家庭学生联盟 in Taiwan to oppose gay marriage is a christian youth and said to be a Malaysian. He is the first guy on the left in the photo. Rumours are he is one of the 前 gay 圣战士。(ex-gay holy warrior. LOL!)

IMG_0115.JPG?1385544392I

This 美江牧师 talking about christian youths becoming gays while trying to save other gays. LOL!

The 网红 Lexie made a song about gays turning straight

12 hours ago, Guest Fuwar said:

If you want to be rich and powerful...  you describe it very well.

Years ago I attended a Sunday service at the City Harvest Church in Jurong, shortly after the scandal broke out. I sat in the center front, among a group of teenagers.  Kong Hee spoke, very eloquently.  Then an invited guest pastor gave a sermon with the typical deceptions peddled in megachurches.  I observed the teens sitting beside me, some with copybooks writing down all these lies. I felt so much PITY for these young people being brain washed in such a shameful way.  After the service many people spoke with me, inviting me to join them, painting their environment like a heaven.  

When will the Singapore "justice" put those crooks in jail ???

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If you want to be rich and powerful...  you describe it very well.

Years ago I attended a Sunday service at the City Harvest Church in Jurong, shortly after the scandal broke out. I sat in the center front, among a group of teenagers.  Kong Hee spoke, very eloquently.  Then an invited guest pastor gave a sermon with the typical deceptions peddled in megachurches.  I observed the teens sitting beside me, some with copybooks writing down all these lies. I felt so much PITY for these young people being brain washed in such a shameful way.  After the service many people spoke with me, inviting me to join them, painting their environment like a heaven.  

When will the Singapore "justice" put those crooks in jail ???

Singapore "justice" not free... since 1965.

Some important documents in taiwan debates - particularly, the comparison of various form of Revision proposal of existing marriage law 927.  Useful to archive here, some days we may need inspiration from Taiwan experience.

https://tapcpr.org/marriage-equality/situation

Edited by Andrew ang525

Another important legal article (we may need it some years later)

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/forum/20161216/1013683/《民法》外包同志專法,同志家庭權益難保

I am totally puzzled by singaporean's thinking, we love to laugh at TW, thinking they are so backwards, or economically dull..... but look at their newspaper for such legal explanation, it puts our 154 to shame..

And the people obviously are legally informed (be it pro gay or anti gay) otherwise, newspaper would not give them print.

And public can be involved in law making.... something PAP gov will never allow us.

Alas, i wish i am a taiwanese....

1 hour ago, Andrew ang525 said:

I am totally puzzled by singaporean's thinking, we love to laugh at TW, thinking they are so backwards, or economically dull..... but look at their newspaper for such legal explanation, it puts our 154 to shame..And the people obviously are legally informed (be it pro gay or anti gay) otherwise, newspaper would not give them print. And public can be involved in law making....

Yes, we need media that makes Singaporeans smarter and wiser, not seek to dumb them down and dull their senses! * sigh *

This newspaper article http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20161214/1012343/

discussed a TV program (by government channel, not party affiliated) which can be seen at

The newspaper article ---- main arguments by conservative lawyer ( 葉光洲律師 ) are three.
A ---現在修法是急促立法,  Too rush
B ---應該由特別法或專法凝聚社會共識、Lack societal consensus, need special law to gain consensus
C ---收養歧視禁止條款是在限制法官以及修法內容與《人工生殖法》條文解釋的衝突 child adoption

About the TV program, a detail description, if you dont have time to watch,

婚姻與家庭為社會形成與發展之基礎,受憲法制度性保障」(大法官釋字第554號),一男一女的婚姻具有自然生育與教養子女的功能,使得社會一代又一代地延續下去,所以全世界各國皆立法保障一男一女的婚姻關係。

大法官釋字 = Judiciary review

近年來,在台灣社會有部分人士主張立法承認同性婚姻,我們基於以下幾個理由,表達反對立場。

1、 同性婚姻入法將消耗國家龐大資源,影響政府拼經濟 部份支持同性婚姻的民眾是因為覺得對自己沒影響,但將同性婚姻入法實際上是根本改變婚姻的定義,幾乎所有涉及婚姻、親屬、生殖、財產繼承、保險撫卹之法令全都需要檢視與修改,各級行政機關的作業流程及系統也都要跟著改,立法院亦必須投入許多心力審視、修訂相關法令條文,將耗費龐大行政、立法資源,對全國人民的影響不可謂不大。

(summary - gay marriage wasted society and government resources)

2、 同性婚姻在多國點燃社會戰爭,臺灣倉促推動勢必引起社會爭議與內耗 法國通過同性婚姻後引發了30年來法國最大的街頭抗議,美國加州為了同性婚姻舉行公投,英國《每日電訊報》評論稱同性婚姻將會爲英國社會帶來「亨利八世統治以來最大的衝突」。臺灣倉促推動也勢必造成國家社會更多的對立及內耗。

(summary - gay marriage cause tension in society, arguments, example, France, US-california, UK, It is too rush in TW)

3、 歐洲人權法院未作出定論,台灣不應成為華人地區第一隻白老鼠 目前僅11個歐盟會員國承認同性婚姻,少部份國家承認其享有「某種形式的登記關係」,多數歐洲國家則完全不承認同性伴侶的法律地位,歐洲人權法院針對政府不承認同性婚姻,均判決其不違反歐洲人權公約。重視婚姻與世代傳承的華人地區,更沒有國家承認同性婚姻。

(summary - European Court of Human RIght ECtHR has not confiremd gay marriage is a human right)

4、 同性婚姻不具自然生育的可能性,不利於台灣的家庭延續與人口發展 台灣少子化問題嚴重,生育率快速下降,在全球排名中敬陪末座,比起新加坡、南韓、日本等都要更低。低生育率將造成勞動力與生產力不足、財稅收入減少等諸多問題,加速社會高齡化,嚴重影響國家競爭力。一男一女的婚姻及自然的生育傳承,合乎促進台灣人口永續發展的公共利益。

(summary - gay couple cannot have natural child-birth)

5、 愛滋病最大宗是男男性行為,已成青少年十大死因 根據疾病管制署統計,台灣民眾感染愛滋病的危險因子中,最高為同性間性行為,其次為吸毒亂用針頭,在102年1~7月已查明感染來源的案例中,因男男性行為感染愛滋病者高達74.57%,每年由國家支付的愛滋病醫療費用已達30億,佔了疾管署預算一半以上,且每年成長,同性婚姻入法等於變相鼓勵同性性行為,極不利愛滋防治及政府財政負擔。

(summary - AIDS)

6、 同性婚姻不符合未成年子女的最佳利益 在一個具有長期承諾、穩定、受法律保障的一男一女的婚姻關係中,子女最有可能得到其父母良好照顧及教養。 基於上述理由,臺灣應堅持一男一女,一夫一妻的婚姻制度,讓台灣的下一代在正常的兩性關係中成長和發展,以促進台灣社會的安定和進步。

(summary - gay marriage is not the best interest for the children)

• 2 weeks later...

LIVE at Taiwan Parliament (with online chat-room)

婚姻平權法草案審查 │20161226中視新聞LIVE直播

OUTSIDE the parliament, both groups have demonstrations.

反同直播網址:http://www.applelive.com.tw/livechannel/index/39   ...「停止審查 交付公投」婚姻平權今決戰立院 場外反同直播開始囉!

挺同婚直播網址:http://www.applelive.com.tw/livechannel/index/37   立法院外:挺同婚團體現場情況。

Guest curious
6 hours ago, Guest Jul247 said:

Passed preliminary round of drafting in Taiwan legislation. 台湾,加油!

What are the chances? I don't know what this means.

Guest 鸡凸教路边摊

Opposition KMD wants special law enacted, said they would boycott the third reading of the law proposals if ruling party DPP insists on altering marriage civil code. Hmmm guess unless KMD compromises on their stand, taiwan may get gay marriage special laws on may/june 2017 - which is a shameful compromise on equality to appease the conservatives and a sinful waste of resources - instead of full marriage equality.

Preliminary round (first reading) initially started with 4 proposals on revising the law.  Now condensed into 2 : one is (you-xu-shidai = 民進黨立委尤美女、國民黨立委許毓仁及時代力量黨團 ) condensed version, make marriage independent of sex, the other version is Cai version ( 民進黨立委蔡易餘 ) which do not alter the original text, but added a new paragraph below....

The opposition seems cognizant that they will lose the battle, asked for referendum now (previously they tried compromise of SPECIAL legislation which essentially is time consuming and takes many years to draft).

Referendum is not ideal ---  the main argument is 'basic human rights cannot be subjected to referendum"  for example, you cannot conduct referendum to decide whether an individual is allowed to eat, to drink, to live etc.... Good point we should learn if one day singapore goes to decide same-sex marriage.

A good place to read is https://theinitium.com/article/20161226-taiwan-daily-same-sex-marriage/

i think this is probably a Hong Kong source......

a Taiwan post-mortem (probably the most neutral, government channel)

Currently there are four proposed 'special law' being prepared..... following some 'badly conducted' poll using faulty research methodology.  Some researchers did a poll, indicating that 56% people uncomfortable.....

現有4個版本專法分別為,

A --- 民進黨立委趙天麟的同性伴侶權益保障法,主張比照德國同性伴侶法,賦予同性伴侶相當於婚姻的民事保障;

B --- 國民黨立委許淑華擬有不分同性、異性戀的伴侶法;

C --- 親民黨立委陳怡潔草擬同性伴侶法,讓同性伴侶可以締結如同婚姻的伴侶契約;

D --- 反同派的護家盟則擬有低於婚姻位階的同性家屬權益保障法,正尋求立委提案。

許淑華說,她的專法版本,同性、異性戀都適用,是比較先進的觀念,目前還在連署,一旦完成連署,明年法務部也提專法版本送入立院審查,她就會提出。但她強調,近期反同婚民法化的聲音愈來愈高,如果法務部與民進黨立委都不提專法,她也不會提案,「我們沒有必要當民進黨的擋箭牌與煞車皮」。

Originally, the poll is 50 - 50 (http://www.storm.mg/article/194927 ) this one gives good breakdown.

indeed, ( http://udn.com/news/story/1/2097050  ) 47.8% supported revision of legislature.  This one is highly reputed in most taiwan polling.

This article reported the sudden change in attitudes - http://www.setn.com/News.aspx?NewsID=210570

台灣民意基金會上午公布最新民調,民調詢問民眾贊不贊成「同性婚姻合法化」?結果顯示,13.6%非常贊成,24.2%還算贊成,21.2%不太贊成,34.8%一點也不贊成,4.3%沒意見,1.9%不知道。換句話說,37.8%贊成,56%反對。

The recent poll was conducted by 台灣民意基金會 - - 游盈隆

Criticism against 游盈隆  poll can be read at https://twstreetcorner.org/2016/12/02/yapkohua-4/

this criticism is written by 葉高華 /中山大學社會學系

Further criticism by 葉高華  is available at https://twstreetcorner.org/2016/12/26/yapkohua-5/

(the second one is less technical, and more readable)

• G_M changed the title to Taiwan legalize same-sex marriages Discussion (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic