Male HQ

Adobe illustrator help

Bobi

Guest Illustrator Helper

That means path your text... Click create outline on your text... So others who wanna open your file still can see what is ur text though they do not have ur fonts.

These day and age of the internet and YouTube learning any graphic design skill or program is too easy.... everyone who want to know or learn something should try typing a few key works and you get tons of advice and tips in step by step pointers. More then anyone can type you long paragraph to teach...

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Well, at office. Cant youtube. So sought for forum advice.

Illustrator is a powerful vector base design tool Hard to learn everything about Illustrator over night... when you are not at work you take some time out to learn the more intermediate stuff but creativity is something you have to nurture yourself to have.  I say this as ( graphic designer background)  I find it weird when you say should you curve your picture? That sound more like a creative decision to do so or not. You want to curve the text I get that but to curve a photo ? You have to have a reason for doing so.

Something tells me you are new to all these or have a marcom job tht now get you to do some graphic design work as well heheh..

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/47210/how-do-i-curve-text-in-illustrator-cs5

Enter text on a path
  1. Do one of the following: ...
  2. (Optional) Set text-formatting options in the Control panel, Character panel, or Paragraph panel.
  3. Position the pointer on the path, and click. ...
  4. Enter the text.
  5. When you finish entering text, click the Selection tool to select the type object.

Edited by upshot

Thanks.

i am doing a oem for product. I only knows photoshop but they do not accept my ps format. They required either AI or Coreldraw format. I chose AI. So now they are telling me they could open my file but my font design needed to be curved in order to scan/print. So i am wondering to curve, only applies to fonts? 

http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/47210/how-do-i-curve-text-in-illustrator-cs5

Enter text on a path
  1. Do one of the following: ...
  2. (Optional) Set text-formatting options in the Control panel, Character panel, or Paragraph panel.
  3. Position the pointer on the path, and click. ...
  4. Enter the text.
  5. When you finish entering text, click the Selection tool to select the type object.

Maybe let me rephrase.

i needed to send a file to print. They informed me that i need to convert my font to curves.

so it is not to "curve a font" literally,

but i guess is something to do with a change of format in order to print. So i googled n found, How to convert fonts to Curves/outlines. So basically the end result is that the font will not have an underline.

Maybe let me rephrase.

i needed to send a file to print. They informed me that i need to convert my font to curves.

so it is not to "curve a font" literally,

but i guess is something to do with a change of format in order to print. So i googled n found, How to convert fonts to Curves/outlines. So basically the end result is that the font will not have an underline.

Ah... they need you to convert to vector curve line usually to get around the issue of font appearing incorrectly when they cast to separation. Which happens if they do not own the font you used to display your artwork in their computer.. To get around the problem, you convert all the wordings in that artwork into curves or line vector files as some call it. Commonly done in Illustrator or CorelDraw.

ALSO NOTE... save a backup file before you convert. As once you convert to curve there is no going back!!!

Hope I did not reply too late hehe.. was pc gaming heheh but I suspect you solve the problem yourself

http://www.clubcard.tv/print-tutorial/how-to-convert-fonts-to-curves-outlines-in-adobe-illustrator#.WE42alx-B0w

Select all the text on the document

Then go to  > Type > Create outlines

Edited by upshot

There should be no need to convert photo or picture to curve unless there is a reason for doing so like converting bitmap photo into a vector file. Just for talking sake...

Edited by upshot

Ah... they need you to convert to vector curve line usually to get around the issue of font appearing incorrectly when they cast to separation. Which happens if they do not own the font you used to display your artwork in their computer.. To get around the problem, you convert all the wordings in that artwork into curves or line vector files as some call it. Commonly done in Illustrator or CorelDraw.

ALSO NOTE... save a backup file before you convert. As once you convert to curve there is no going back!!!

Hope I did not reply too late hehe.. was pc gaming heheh but I suspect you solve the problem yourself

http://www.clubcard.tv/print-tutorial/how-to-convert-fonts-to-curves-outlines-in-adobe-illustrator#.WE42alx-B0w

Select all the text on the document

Then go to  > Type > Create outlines

Thanks upshot. You r very helpful!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.