Male HQ

Singapore Local News! + Crime & Punishment (Non Gay) (Compiled)

pinkslut

There's an article on why Mr Lee probably got the sentence....and he should appeal....plus mention of an facebook entry by his friend.

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/2016/07/man-sits-beside-naked-wife-bed/

Btw wonder if Mr Quek knew the woman is married? or they all know each other? 

Edited by nixorn

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, MeninSinglet said:

This guy is getting punished for getting betrayed. I feel for him. :doh:

If he was really betrayed, he can divorce the wife.

If he punched someone till the person has to be hospitalized, he needs to be punished.

What are you expecting? Will you only agree that the person needs to be punished after he commits murder? :doh:

Guest Lor not law
2 hours ago, Guest crazy said:

Singapore law is crazy

Singapore law enforcers, heck all public servants on government agencies payroll are robotic and go by the book most of the time. EQ is severely lacking, while bootlickers aplenty. Ethos is you die your problem, must keep my rice bowl first. All are abjectly kiasi with the most delicate and fragile ass (and ricebowl) in the world, and most are bootlickers.

Guest Guest
33 minutes ago, Guest crazy said:

I think what he meant was, he needs to be punished. But not till the extend of getting jailed!

Take a look at the extent of the injuries: "suffered injuries including a black eye, fractures in the eye socket area and loose and chipped teeth.He was given four days of medical leave and underwent surgery to repair the fractures later that month. Earlier this year, Mr Quek also had dental implants to replace some teeth."

This lesson tells all of you to be calm no matter what. You will be going to jail for most reason as long as you injured a person. The only reason you can escape jail sentence is if the reason given is self protect or to protect innocent people from harm.

I am confused why the DPP (G lawyer) prosecuted.

I thought nowadays the police will ask you to sue the other party. Even in grievous case of body hurt.

This case, even the District Judge said that while she understood why Shawnald Lee Hong Heng had reacted emotionally to the scene before him,

I think we have to take ourselves out of the EMOTIONAL KNEE JERK over the situation. This is why we are a civilized society and what it has given to us is more good then bad each day we step out our door, to have our women walk in most parts of Singapore in the middle of the night and still feel safe. Sure there will be one out of a thousand chance someone will rob or rape anyone. That's life. But that is also because we have laws in place. Fair or not fair is sometime IMMATERIAL as the saying goes.. "Justice is Blind" It should be about the law and not about emotion.

Once emotion comes into play between ESPECIALLY one person's emotion pit against another.. you find ANY THING IN THE GREY becomes the means to justify anything.

I agree.. to be that person or you yourself find your love having betrayed you right before your eyes, whose to say how you will react BUT HOPEFULLY you don't end up over reacting (against your own better judgement in normal circumstance) and do something that will end up hurting someone innocent or with anyone taking the law into their own hands and dispense justice without a care in the world but just because you lost it and when overboard. This is no longer a cowboy town where AN EYE FOR AN EYE OR WORST can  be allow even if you are the victim. We have to see the bigger picture here and such law and final logical court sentencing is all about that. And here it is weighing the situation of an assault with deadly intent or lost of control is pitted against a marital infidelity. Which is greater sin? That is not up to you or me or anyone to decide.

If you do, then how far will the same principle be allow to apply to road rage? Accidental murder? Pickpocket?....eg. I can totally understand how that guy must feel to see someone else in YOUR BED WITH YOUR UNFAITHFUL FUCKING WIFE.. but you want to fuck up your own life over this piece of rubbish you discover you married, feed and looked after? And that son of a bitch who got to bone your wife and then you get some satisfaction whacking him half to death and YOU end up going to jail for it. If that is what you want.. go for it BUT BE READY to accept YOUR punishment coming to you too. It does not seem right but it is a law that is bring about a more civilized way of life. There are ways you can deal with it like taking your fucked up wife to court and you shame the guy. Okay maybe get a few shots off at him with your fist but don't lose it so bad that you think you can follow some movie about road justice or that male bravado..etc. Especially if you have kids!.. No jail term is worth it but just a few readers or forumnmers calling you a hero for what you do singing your praise BUT YOU ARE IN JAIL and not them. Just my view but think about it. I have done some walloping in my life time but lucky not enough to get arrested for it man and have a record on your good name. Even if it is justify and emotionally you should have that right to do that.

Want to still do it then own up and be a man.. and accept your consequences if something bad comes of it.

The law is covering something more higher morale then just to serve this situation. I think we are judging this more emotionally then intellectually.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Just now, Guest Guest said:

verbal_diarrhea__400x400.jpg

I am fine with your opinion and how you expressed yourself...... thank you.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

channelnewsasia.com

Scion of Metro store family facing drugs charges

By Vanessa Paige Chelvan
  • Posted 02 Aug 2016 13:04
  • Updated 02 Aug 2016 13:10
jenn-ong-metro.png
Ong Jenn is a member of the family who founded Singapore's iconic Metro department stores. (Photo: Quora)

SINGAPORE: A member of the family which founded Singapore’s iconic Metro department stores, Ong Jenn, is facing more than half a dozen charges related to the possession, consumption and trafficking of cannabis – which is a Class A controlled drug.

According to court documents obtained by Channel NewsAsia, the alleged offences happened in October 2014.

For the amount of cannabis Ong has been accused of trafficking, he faces between five and 20 years’ jail and five to 15 strokes of the cane for each charge. For the possession and consumption of a controlled drug, the 41-year-old could be jailed for up to 10 years and/or fined up to S$20,000 per charge. His case has been scheduled for a pre-trial conference on Aug 19.

Court documents detail how on or before Oct 30, 2014, Ong allegedly conspired with Mohamad Ismail Abdul Majid to traffic cannabis. On that date at about 4.20pm, along Jurong Port Road near bus stop B05, Mohamad Ismail was in possession of one block of “not less than 92.68 grams of… cannabis” and another block containing “385.1 grams of fragmented vegetable matter which was analysed and found to be cannabis mixture”.

The charges allege that Mohamad Ismail had the two blocks so they could be delivered to Ong.

At about 1.20pm the next day, in a car parked at Ngee Ann City, Ong was found in possession of a vaporiser, which is an inhalation device. According to the charge sheets, he allegedly intended to use the vaporiser to consume a Class A drug. Ong is also accused of consuming “11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid”, which is a component of marijuana.

Authorities found Ong allegedly in possession of one block of cannabis weighing 75.32 grams and one block of cannabis mixture weighing 284.7 grams at a home in Bishopsgate at 2.10pm. He is accused of having these for the purpose of trafficking.

Ong is represented by a team from law firm WongPartnership, including Senior Counsel Tan Chee Meng. When contacted by Channel NewsAsia, Ong's lawyers declined to comment as proceedings are ongoing.

According to his LinkedIn profile, from 2003 until August this year Ong was a Business Development Manager at Metro Holdings, whose core businesses are retail, property development and investment. The retail interests include three Metro stores in Singapore.

Metro’s latest annual report lists Ong as a "substantial shareholder" in Metro Holdings as at Jun 13. Ong is the son of the late Jopie Ong Hie Koan, who helmed Metro from 1973 until his death in February this year. 

- CNA/kk

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scion-of-metro-store/3005758.html

Guest Guest

Woke up this morning to see this in the news. Feel so sorry for the family. To think the father passed away with the knowledge that the son is facing such charges. I wonder how the father feel on his deathbed. Metro was my childhood place to be during Christmas shopping season. They even had this small jingle which I can still remember today:

Why is it that some of the rich just do not appreciate what they have? What led them to this stage? And I just said the same thing a few days ago of one prominent gay guy of a pharmaceutical company: I wonder if they like what they had become?

14 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Death sentence?

Answer is here already:

17 hours ago, Guest SLUT said:
For the amount of cannabis Ong has been accused of trafficking, he faces between five and 20 years’ jail and five to 15 strokes of the cane for each charge. For the possession and consumption of a controlled drug, the 41-year-old could be jailed for up to 10 years and/or fined up to S$20,000 per charge.

Guest Slams
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Woke up this morning to see this in the news. Feel so sorry for the family. To think the father passed away with the knowledge that the son is facing such charges. I wonder how the father feel on his deathbed. Metro was my childhood place to be during Christmas shopping season. They even had this small jingle which I can still remember today:

Why is it that some of the rich just do not appreciate what they have? What led them to this stage? And I just said the same thing a few days ago of one prominent gay guy of a pharmaceutical company: I wonder if they like what they had become?

Answer is here already:

Talking about rich people children the worst is that slut that got married with the gay looking F4 member. Drama on social media and slutting with other hunks.

Guest Shocked

Is this the end of their business?

Turning to drugs,  obviously he must be a party boy. And so fat,  must be overloading on the luxury buffets everyday.

If metro close down then who will take over.

Guest Slammed
1 hour ago, Guest Slams said:

Any juice if he is gay? 41, not ugly, rich, how come still single? His dad was famous rich man son type marrying, divorcing, mistresses here and there.

Any stray dog that passed by you, you also hope it is gay. You need some humping so badly? Must be desperate huh?

Guest Guest

Be careful , bitches ! Karma happens to rich and poor people.....either his family or he has done something  really wrong  , such as hurting someone real bad in ways ......

Guest Guest

Some of the comments hete are just mean and uncalled for...and its the gays attacking a perceived gay man. 

If one person chose to be a slut...does it affect you? Its people's lives...who are you to be tge moral police.

• 1 month later...

ONLY 10 YEARS????

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/prosecutors-seek-at-least-10-years-jail-for-former-tour-guide/3113216.html

Prosecutors seek at least 10 years’ jail for former tour guide Yang Yin

Yang Yin, 42, pleaded guilty last month to two counts of criminal breach of trust after admitting to misappropriating S$1.1 million from elderly widow Chung Khin Chun.

SINGAPORE: Prosecutors are seeking a jail term of between 10 and 12 years for former tour guide Yang Yin, after he was convicted of misappropriating S$1.1 million from an elderly Singaporean widow he had spent years “ingratiating” himself with.

The 42-year-old pleaded guilty last month to two counts of criminal breach of trust, throwing in the towel midway through his trial and after the prosecution, led by Deputy Public Prosecutor Sanjiv Vaswani, poked holes in his defence - that the money had been a generous gift from 89-year-old widow Madam Chung Khin Chun.

Prosecutors called his actions a “deep betrayal” of the widow, whose trust in Yang was “profound”. The childless widow had given Yang control over her assets – worth millions of dollars – trusting him to use the money to look after her in her golden years.

Instead, in the four years that followed, Yang nearly emptied the widow’s bank account. In early 2010, Mdm Chung had S$2.7 million in liquid assets. By August 2014, shortly before Yang’s arrest, the widow’s bank account contained less than S$10,000. She was none the wiser.

Yang had “intentionally fostered an environment of unquestioning trust with Mdm Chung … by capitalising on (her) age and lack of familial support”, DPP Vaswani told the court.

Defence lawyer Mr Irving Choh said the prosecution’s portrayal of Yang as a “ruthless cheat who had no qualms manipulating the affections of an elderly and vulnerable widow” is not true.

Mr Choh urged the court to sentence Yang to not more than three years’ jail, adding his client had committed the offences “not for personal gain, but a misguided attempt to lift the financial burden on his family”.

“Yang was the grandson Mdm Chung never had,” Mr Choh said. The pair lived “happily” together in the widow’s Gerald Crescent bungalow from 2009 to 2014, and Yang took good care of her during this time, the lawyer said, pointing to multiple photographs of the seemingly happy duo. “He saw that she was lonely … and wanted to fill a void in her life,” he stated.

Prosecutors contended Yang’s claims that he shared a “grandmother-grandson” relationship with the widow is a “self-serving” one.

DPP Vaswani said Yang was a wolf in sheep’s clothing, living with the widow even as he siphoned off S$1.1 million from her.

"LIES, COVER-UPS"

After 11 days of trial, Yang abandoned his defence, conceding that he had in fact misappropriated S$1.1 million from his "adopted grandmother".

In 2010, Mdm Chung transferred S$500,000 to a bank account in China so Yang could purchase an artwork by renowned Chinese painter Xu Beihong on her behalf. Instead, Yang pocketed the sum and flew to China to buy a "cheap knockoff" worth about S$200. He returned to Singapore with a fake painting and falsified receipt and convinced the widow it was the real thing.

Yang also admitted he misappropriated another S$600,000 in cash from Mdm Chung in 2012. To get his hands on the money, Yang redeemed Mdm Chung’s unit trusts – totaling S$1,326,418 – which were credited into his account. He withdrew S$600,000 in cash and prepared two falsified receipts showing he had used the money to buy five paintings worth about S$587,000, DPP Vaswani said.

An art expert estimated the total value of the five paintings at just S$2,000 to S$3,000. 

Besides the fake receipts, Yang had also round-tripped Mdm Chung’s money in the bank and repeatedly lied to investigators, who had to expend “considerable effort … to uncover the money trail”, because Yang had “carefully and slowly maneuvered (transactions) to lend them an appearance of legitimacy”, the prosecution said.

“Aside from making his offences more difficult to detect, the lies and cover-ups pursued by the accused at length, years after the actual act of misappropriation … demonstrates the depth of his commitment to deceit and fraud,” DPP Vaswani said.

To date, the true whereabouts of the S$1.1 million remain unknown. Yang has not made any restitution. Another S$1,128,004 remains frozen in Yang’s bank account.

According to Yang, Mdm Chung, whom he met in 2006, had convinced him to leave his wife and two children and move to Singapore to live with her in her Gerald Crescent bungalow as her "grandson". He moved here in 2009, and by February 2010, Mdm Chung had made a will leaving all her assets to him.

When Mdm Chung was diagnosed with dementia in 2014, her niece Hedy Mok stepped in and took Yang to court. Yang was subsequently arrested and charged.

hedy-mok-and-mdm-chung-data.jpg

Madam Chung Khin Chun and her niece Hedy Mok arriving in court on Sep 9, 2016. (Photo: Calvin Oh)

He also faces a slew of other charges for immigration-related offences, as well as for falsifying receipts for a sham company he set up to gain permanency residency in Singapore.

Yang will next appear in court on Sep 21.

Guest Yin Yang
1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Given Yang Yin's admission that he misappropriated S$1.1 million, that he deceived Mdm Chung into appointing him as attorney in a bid to carry out his shenanigans to defraud her, and his continuous and extensive aggravation of the situation by abusing the criminal justice and judicial processes, he deserves 50 years in jail.  He is not even repentant to this day. 

Guest Carrot head choppers
3 hours ago, fab said:

His wife is the biggest winner.

They only learnt from the best charismatic cash harvesters in singapore - seahorse and congee. Lao ren and ninaboo conchs: 妹子们学着点,加把劲儿噢!Suck it, bitches!

38 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Wonder how the authorities can go and seize the condo apartment in China this guy bought with the ill-gotten money.

They can't.  No extraterritorial jurisdiction.

2 minutes ago, fab said:

In the 1st pl y was she even allowed to leave sg.

Ask our multi-million dollar Law and Security Minister K Shanmugam why the money-grubbing PRC bitch Weng Yandan was allowed to go scot-free while others like Amos Yee and Roy Ngerng are being harassed to no end.

Do you think he's treated fairly ?

CEO gets jail for slapping cabby

Thewes is appealing against his conviction and sentence of two weeks' jail over the charge of causing hurt by slapping.Thewes is appealing against his conviction and sentence of two weeks' jail over the charge of causing hurt by slapping.
Published
3 hours ago

Taxi driver had declined to pick him up as he was drunk

Senior Law Correspondent

A drunk German chief executive was given two weeks' jail and fined $1,000 for slapping a taxi driver and kicking his vehicle after the cabby had declined to pick him up.

Jochen Thewes, 45, of DB Schenker Logistics (Asia Pacific), had earlier paid $2,950 in compensation to the driver and apologised to him in court. He also paid $250 for repair work on the damaged cab.

Thewes, who was fined $1,000 for causing damage to the taxi, is appealing against the conviction and sentence over the charge of causing hurt by slapping.

Pug?vcode=bz0yJnR5cGU9MSZjb2RlPTM2MiZ0bD00MzIwMA==&piggybackCookie=uid:345857d9-ead0-4266-a02f-bb6a428941a1

At about 3.50am on Sept 24 last year, cab driver Malcolm Xu, 33, was at a taxi stand at Tan Tye Place, Club Street, when he declined to pick up a drunk-looking Thewes. Thewes then walked over to the driver's side and kicked the locked door.

When Mr Xu opened his door to check the damage, Thewes pushed him and slapped him on his left cheek. Mr Xu suffered a bruised and bleeding nose, and was treated at a private clinic the next day.

Mr Xu testified in court that he thought Thewes was drunk, which was why the cab ahead of his vehicle at the taxi stand did not want to pick him up and had driven away .

Thewes appeared unhappy and frustrated, and hurled vulgarities at him when Mr Xu explained he could not pick him up as he was headed east to change shift and not to the destination sought by Thewes.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Stephanie Koh argued that Mr Xu's evidence was consistent with video footage in the area and that Thewes was inebriated after a night of drinking and had approached cabs intending to go to another place.

Mr Xu did not " exaggerate or embellish" his account, which was supported by other evidence, she said.

District Judge Salina Ishak was convinced, noting in judgment grounds released yesterday, among other things, that closed-circuit television footage showed Thewes behaving in a "drunken and unruly manner". She ruled that Thewes lacked credibility in court when his defence was simply that he was too intoxicated to remember what had happened.

In mitigation, Thewes, through his lawyer Selva K. Naidu, acknowledged that it was shameful for him to have behaved in the way he did and said he had learnt his lesson.

Mr Naidu added that this was a brief incident and there was early compensation paid for the victim's injury and damage to the car.

The judge, in finding Thewes guilty, pointed to aggravating factors which warranted a two-week jail term.

"This was a case of an unprovoked assault by an intoxicated offender on a public transport worker in the course of his duty in the wee hours of the morning," she said.

Should give higher fines for those disrespecting service providers.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 3 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to 4 months' jail for man who molested Scoot stewardess on board flight to Singapore
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.