Male HQ

Singapore Local News! + Crime & Punishment (Non Gay) (Compiled)

pinkslut

Guest Guest desperado

I believe our gay community have lots of hotter and cuter guys than him la..

So don't be so desperate to even fall for straight guys !

He looks hot now but look at most straight after married everything goes down.. big tummy etc lo.

Previous post I mentioned his facebook post on his own mistake. Usually ppl would close their accounts or never post about their mistakes in their social media....but this guy did.

And usually we read either news articles, and most often forum comments....but perhaps this is the 1st time i read replies from his friends to his post....mostly they are forgiving and encouraging....not of his crime....but for his future (after whatever punishment)....probably they know him better and longer, see in him other positive stuff....but of course, a few did express surprise at this side of him.

Edited by nixorn

21 minutes ago, nixorn said:

Previous post I mentioned his facebook post on his own mistake. Usually ppl would close their accounts or never post about their mistakes in their social media....but this guy did.

And usually we read either news articles, and most often forum comments....but perhaps this is the 1st time i read replies from his friends to his post....mostly they are forgiving and encouraging....not of his crime....but for his future (after whatever punishment)....probably they know him better and longer, see in him other positive stuff....but of course, a few did express surprise at this side of him.

知错能改

善莫大焉

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

但系一失足成千古恨喔。

有错改之 无错冕之

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

WTF!! At the end of the day, it wasn't even 10 years. And it turned out to be only 8 years of imprisonment... and how did all that theft turned/d out to be only "two charges of criminal breach of trust amounting to S$1.1 million."??? What is this country turning out to be now??

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/yang-yin-jailed-6-years-for-misappropriating-s-1-1m-from-elderly/3168534.html

Yang Yin jailed 6 years for misappropriating S$1.1m from elderly widow

The former tour guide was earlier sentenced to 26 months’ jail for duping authorities into granting him permanent residency in Singapore.

<div>Please enable Javascript to watch this video</div>
former-tour-guide-yang-yin.png
Former tour guide Yang Yin. (Photo: Singapore Police Force)Enlarge

SINGAPORE: Former tour guide Yang Yin was sentenced to six years’ jail on Friday (Sep 29) for misappropriating S$1.1 million from a wealthy widow he had spent years “ingratiating” himself with, in an act prosecutors have called a “deep betrayal” of the 89-year-old woman.

On Thursday, Yang was sentenced to 26 months’ jail for duping Singapore authorities into granting him permanent residency by setting up a shell company, falsifying hundreds of receipts and paying small sums in tax.

This means that the 42-year-old will spend a total of eight years and two months behind bars.

The childless widow had given Yang control over her assets – worth millions of dollars – trusting him to use the money to look after her in her golden years.

“Preying on the vulnerability of an elderly lady … the accused bamboozled (her) into entrusting him with substantial sums of monies for purposes that he never intended to fulfil,” Principal District Judge Bala Reddy said. 

Judge Reddy added Yang had “embarked on his criminal enterprise” shortly after he was invited by the childless widow to live with her in Singapore. 

Instead, in the four years that followed, Yang nearly emptied the widow’s bank account. In early 2010, Madam Chung Khin Chun had S$2.7 million in liquid assets. By August 2014, shortly before Yang’s arrest, the widow’s bank account contained less than S$10,000. She was none the wiser.

Prosecutors had called for a 10- to 12-year jail term for Yang, who had “intentionally fostered an environment of unquestioning trust with Mdm Chung … by capitalising on (her) age and lack of familial support”, they said.

Yang’s lawyer Irving Choh had urged the court not to impose a jail term longer than three years. Yang’s portrayal as a “ruthless cheat who had no qualms manipulating the affections of an elderly and vulnerable widow” is not true, Mr Choh said.

The lawyer added Yang had committed the offences “not for personal gain, but … to lift the financial burden on his family”.  

In his brief grounds released on Friday, Judge Reddy said though there is “a dearth of mitigating factors in this case”, a 10- to 12-year sentence would be “manifestly excessive” for Yang.

“Deterrence can be achieved by a suitably calibrated sentence but it need not be crushing,” Judge Reddy said in sentencing Yang to six years’ jail for two charges of criminal breach of trust amounting to S$1.1 million.

Yang’s 26-month jail term is in relation to 120 charges for falsifying hundreds of receipts and for cheating, as well as for offences under the Immigration Act and Companies Act. Another 227 counts were taken into consideration during sentencing.

A spokesperson for the Attorney-General’s Chambers said prosecutors would “study the full written Grounds of Decision before deciding on the next appropriate course of action”. 

‘TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED’: WIDOW’S NIECE

Speaking to the media outside the court, Mdm Chung’s niece Hedy Mok said she was “totally disappointed” with the “too lenient” sentence.

“He stole not only money, he stole all her jewellery and took away her dignity. The fact that he used my aunt’s money to fight her all this while until today … I think justice hasn’t really done very well,” Mdm Mok said.

She also intends to continue pursuing the civil case against Yang, she said.

Yang met Mdm Chung in 2006, and left his wife and children to move to Singapore in 2009. By 2010, Mdm Chung had made a will leaving all her assets to him. When she was diagnosed with dementia in 2014, Mdm Mok stepped in and took Yang to court. 

On how her aunt is being taken care of, Mdm Mok said: “Her property will be sold and she will live on whatever she can, and the rest will go to charity. At the present moment, I’m looking after her and looking after her well. So there’s no need to worry about that.

“The message out to the public now is to look after the old, the vulnerable, the lonely. Because my aunt’s case shows what can happen.”

- CNA/

Another question would be "Are humans more forgiving if the accused is your friend or family?"...compared to ppl who dont know the accused...and of course provided u r not the victim.

Sidetrack abit...recently in spore, there was a case where a younger bro stabbed to death his bro (22 stabs with a knife he hid in pillow)...both chinese, mid 20s....they often quarrel....while the accused suffered from depression, he didnt tell his parents

Sentenced to 7yrs jail.

Think family sort of forgive him....it is revealef that the older son is hot tempered...often bully younger bro. But still, the parents regret that they couldnt prevent the tragedy....in the end, both are their sons.

Article got pic. * actually from article..the last incidents...the younger bro also called older bro names...n to hide knife in pillow....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-jailed-7-years-for-killing-brother

yes he is super hot in real life too. Attended a course with him last week, yeah you can tell he has a hot bod underneath those shirt. A very nice guy who isn't afraid to lead and try his best. But alas after i saw this news article my perception of him changed.

3 hours ago, Guest xxx said:

yes he is super hot in real life too. Attended a course with him last week, yeah you can tell he has a hot bod underneath those shirt. A very nice guy who isn't afraid to lead and try his best. But alas after i saw this news article my perception of him changed.

It's only the good-looking face. Are you sure he has a hot bod when he looks normal built in that photo.

36 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

It's only the good-looking face. Are you sure he has a hot bod when he looks normal built in that photo.

can say for sure he has a nice chest. the way his chest fills up the army admin tshirt lol

Guest Hawt guy

I like the guest who posted are humans more forgiving because he's good looking .

Food for thought .

As for me , no matter how good looking a person is, if I see the ugly side of him , his ugly character 

I lose my perception of him.

Same for this case .

11 hours ago, Guest xxx said:

can say for sure he has a nice chest. the way his chest fills up the army admin tshirt lol

maybe his admin tshirt shrunk or he wore one size smaller. if chest does fills up then the news article photo his chest should be able to fill up the long sleeve shirt.

39 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

maybe his admin tshirt shrunk or he wore one size smaller. if chest does fills up then the news article photo his chest should be able to fill up the long sleeve shirt.

can't you see he is hunching in the news article photo? have you seen him in real life before? lol 

Is being good-looking one of the selection criteria for becoming a commando?

30jun15_news23.jpg

29_40036190_-_30_09_2016_-_ecdom01.jpg?i

Unforrtunately he was dropped out of commandos due to this incident, like the article says he has potential.

For me...there are certain lines if crossed...that i would find it harder to forgive and not be wary of the person....eg killing someone, rape etc. If it's theft or something less serious...probably would still give chance....eg if can still trust him or comfortable to be friends (if one is friend to him b4).

Age (if younger or being teens) is another factor.

And there are ppl who never commit crime....but horrible in many aspects...eg unreasonable...like to disturb neighbours....or maybe look down on beggars, telling u they want to kick the beggars' bowl....just for eg. Comparatively how would u look at them vs ppl who commit small crimes but regret their mistakes?

But still this guy...if its just a moment of taking a pic....and stop at it...not so bad....but to threaten the gal for more stuff...

Mmm...so would there be a difference btw his male and female friends....how they would be wary of him in future?

Edited by nixorn

• G_M changed the title to Singaporean arrested in Bali for drug possession
Guest Advertisement

Half his face is shown in the photo. If he's gay lots of people will begin to message him on social media to chill and such when he comes out from jail.

What are your opinions?  Many lagies and girls dressed like sluts...yet when molested or raped, they cried father mother ....

in the first place they way they dressed, lured the many  to offend:

Three Britons accused of gang raping Singaporean woman charged

1-20-696x392.jpg

Courts documents showed that three Britons are accused of gang raping a Singaporean woman while visiting Singapore for Ultra Singapore, an electronic music festival, in the early hours of 10 Sep.

The three men, Khong Tam Thanh, 21, Le Michael, 23, and Vu Thai Son, 23, face one count each of raping the 23-year-old woman.

According to AFP, the men took turns in raping the woman between 4am and 5.50am in a hotel near Orchard Road.

The trio addressed the Court via video-link from Changi Prison on 6 Oct. All three had legal representation and were offered bail of $50,000 each.

The men were charged on 12 Sep and have since been held for further investigations and psychiatric reviews.

Khong’s lawyer, Shashi Nathan, told a AFP that his client was expected to be released later on 6 Oct, after proceedings are completed.

While lawyers for Le and Vu said that their clients had trouble raising funds.

Their request to the Court for bail to be lowered was denied.

The three men will appear before the Court again on 22 Nov and may be facing a jail term of up to 20 years with caning.

thats just what they want to wear, they wanna look sexy n pretty so be it. its still their right. one person being sexy doesnt mean they want to be touched, they just want people to turn their way. everyone wants to feel sexy even if they know the risk, if they really dont want to get rape, they prob would've wear something muslim women would wear, n even that doesnt guaranteed them being safe from rapist. 

SINGAPORE: A teacher who preyed on two teenage girls – tricking one of them into sending him nude photos, and stalking the other – was sentenced to 22 months’ jail on Friday (Oct 7).

Kuang Liang Yong, 47, tricked the first victim, a 13-year-old girl, into sending him 57 explicit photos and videos over nine months, although Kuang kept in touch with her for almost two years.

He met the girl at an arcade in early 2012 through his two children, as they had been playing similar games. Kuang said he took a liking to the “adorable” girl straightaway. When he overheard her telling arcade employees that she had lost her phone, Kuang offered to lend her his mobile.

He saved her number and later contacted her using a fictitious identity – “Sean Romeo”, but did not tell her his age or that they had met at the arcade.

From February 2012 to December 2013, Kuang “engaged in a sustained campaign of emotional manipulation and deception”, preying on the girl’s sympathies to bully her into sending him nude photos and videos of her touching herself, the court heard.

In August 2012, Kuang lied that he had met with a serious accident and asked the victim to send him nude photos to help him feel better. “Only the girl who genuinely loves me and is loved by me can help me … by showing me her sexy or nude pictures of herself,” he wrote in a text message.

Feeling sorry for “Sean Romeo”, she sent him three nude photos on Sep 12, 2012. “I love u (sic) … u really sacrifice for me,” was Kuang’s reply. On Oct 8, she sent him another six photos and three explicit videos at his behest, to “help him recover faster” from the accident.

Worried about “Sean Romeo”, the girl tried to visit him but was told by a neighbour that no such person existed. Kuang’s elusiveness “caused her much distress and heartbreak” and the girl threatened to self-harm, Deputy Public Prosecutor Amanda Chong said.

In June 2013, frustrated that they had yet to meet despite conversing for over a year, the girl threatened to cut off contact with “Sean Romeo”. Kuang threatened to kill himself, and the girl sent another photo and video of herself to pacify him.

In December 2013, when the girl refused to give “Sean Romeo” the phone numbers of her female friends, Kuang stopped contacting her. She continued to reach out to Kuang sporadically until as late as August 2015, telling him she missed him and hoped to speak to him again.

TEACHER PREYED ON HIS DAUGHTER’S SCHOOLMATE

Meanwhile, Kuang had moved on to his next victim, a Primary 6 student, and, coincidentally, his daughter’s schoolmate.

He met the victim online in August 2015, when she responded to a question he posted on a forum. Kuang went through the 12-year-old’s social media profiles and found out she attended the same school as his daughter. He kept tabs on the girl and watched her from afar whenever he dropped his daughter off at school, and continually harassed the girl if she did not reply to his messages.

All the while, the girl thought she was talking to a shy boy and fellow Primary 6 student.

On one occasion, Kuang told the girl he was “on the verge of breaking down” when she ignored his messages, and experienced "a feeling worse than death itself”. He made several unwanted advances, even though the girl told him it made her feel uncomfortable. “I love u … do u know that almost every recess and after school, I would rush to try n see u play frisbie (sic)?”, Kuang said in a text message dated Sep 5, 2015.

He also kept the girl under surveillance, on multiple occasions sending her messages to keep tabs on her whereabouts. “R u still going for your learning lab tuition n if yes what time will u be there (sic)?”, a message, sent on Aug 28, 2015, read.

The girl’s father made a police report on Sep 6, after he realised a stranger had professed his love to his daughter, knew her exact whereabouts and sent her long text messages at all hours of the day.

"PREDATORY AND PREMEDITATED"

Kuang’s offences came to light on Sep 16, when police officers visited his flat. Kuang, who refused to hand over his phone, and became hostile and aggressive towards officers, was fined S$500 on Friday for disorderly conduct towards the police.

Eventually, officers found evidence of Kuang’s offences against both girls, including photos and videos from the first victim Kuang had kept, two to three years after their relationship ended.

Prosecutor Amanda Chong urged the court to impose at least 20 months’ jail, citing the large age gap between Kuang and the victims – 30 years – and the fact that his offences were “predatory and premeditated”.

Kuang had created fictitious identities to fool the victims, DPP Chong noted. “There is a need for general deterrence to prevent people from preying on minors under the cloak of the Internet,” she told the court.

DPP Chong also pointed out Kuang had kept the first victim’s photos and videos three years on, and if not for the second victim’s father’s police report, his offences would have gone unnoticed.

Kuang pleaded guilty to five charges – three for procuring an indecent act from a child, one for harassing the second victim and one for disorderly conduct. Another 10 charges for procuring an indecent act from a child were taken into consideration during sentencing.

For procuring an indecent act from a child, Kuang could have been jailed for up to five years and fined up to S$10,000 per charge.

For stalking the second victim, Kuang could have been jailed for 12 months and fined up to S$5,000.

- CNA/dl

1, That is still NO excuse to RAPE !

2. You take the rationale that the girls were "dressed like sluts" - "lured the many to offend". 

3. In some countries, they expect woman to be covered from head to toe.

As sight of skin will get man to sexual sin. Not the man's fault.

4. Guys we are living in a modern progressive and civilised society.

We show respect for all and not just blame the other for your weakness.

Guest Moslem state

It's a fact that the idea of slut shaming is very much alive in singapore. Goes to show we are in essense a muslim country with an ultra-modern facade, like dubai. Gays are treated like pariahs there too. Too much similarities for comfort! As with north korea too!

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

What are your opinions?  Many lagies and girls dressed like sluts...yet when molested or raped, they cried father mother ....

I'm sure the ladies dress to impress and love to leave tongues wagging but you need to fuck right off with that mentality you backwards stuck in the 1950's hick. People like you are the reason why feminist scum have to come up with utter bullshit like Teach Men Not to Rape and SlutWalk because people like you don't know when to just look and not touch.

Edited by Snapplejacked

• G_M changed the title to Three Britons accused of gang raping Singaporean woman charged
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Guest Oafish hoi polloi
3 hours ago, Snapplejacked said:

I'm sure the ladies dress to impress and love to leave tongues wagging but you need to fuck right off with that mentality you backwards stuck in the 1950's hick. People like you are the reason why feminist scum have to come up with utter bullshit like Teach Men Not to Rape and SlutWalk because people like you don't know when to just look and not touch.

Don't you know, men here are regarded as cretins with zero self control, they won't ever be expected to accept responsibility whenever they fail to resist temptations and rape a female here. It's always the female's fault for being too pretty, too sexy or too "available" for raping.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/army-warrant-officer-jailed-10-months-for-sexual-penetration-of-a-minor?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1476112291

49_39604936_-_22_08_2016_-_ecteo.jpg?ito

SINGAPORE - An army warrant officer who engaged in sexual activities with a girl 27 years younger than him was on Monday (Oct 10) jailed for 10 months.

Teo Chye Siong, now 44, earlier pleaded guilty to two charges of sexual penetration of a minor.

A district court heard that he became friends with the 14-year-old victim on Facebook in May 2014.

At about 4pm on a Thursday later the same month, Teo, a former regimental sergeant major with the 6th Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment, met her at her void deck.

He drove her in his car to Changi Beach, where they sat on a bench facing the sea.

He violated her with his finger for at least five minutes, the court heard.

Later the same day, he dove her to Pasir Ris Park and told her to perform a sex act on him, while in his car.

She complied for a few minutes.

"After Teo and the victim parted ways, Teo continued to chat with the victim on Facebook about having sex with her," said Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Kavita Uthrapathy.

In calling for a stiff sentence, the DPP noted that Teo's own children were around the same age as the victim.

Teo had, moreover, known that she was a minor, but continued to send her lewd messages on Facebook about having sex with her until Dec 2014.

The maximum punishment for sexual penetration with a minor is 10 years' jail and a fine.

Teo has been suspended from the Singapore Armed Forces.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

His age is 44? But his face looks like 54! Are all army regular looks much older than their actual age?

Yes mostly the straights who don take care.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

29 minutes ago, Guest wWw said:

Penalty to road killers are lenient than those who cheated millions of dollars from their organization. 

Not to mention public sex, scold gahment, sub judice, make religiously/racially insensitive remarks (unless you are related to MIW of cos, e.g., Calvin Cheng) ...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-further-action-to-be-taken-over-former-nmp-calvin-chengs-online-comments-say-police

• G_M changed the title to 4 months' jail for man who molested Scoot stewardess on board flight to Singapore
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.