Male HQ

Pokemon Sun & Moon

Samezuka

Anyone playing the game? You may wish to share things like:

- What are your thoughts about it? (i.e. the region, difficulty level... etc)

- Which is your favorite moment?

- What do you find most challenging

- Post and share your team photo

..... you get the drift, anything and everything about the game :)

I really love the OST, especially the one when you cam with professor kukui at the very beginning.

I have completed the main game, and really like the new idea of being the very first champion of Alola region, in addition to getting to defend your champion title at the league XD

Finished elite 4 a couple of weeks ago and just collected all the ultra beasts. Thought that the post games are not as good as Pokemon ORAS. My Team? Primarina, Muk, Oricorio (electric version), Salazzle, Dragon Exeggutor and Kommo-O.

Will try to catch the other legendaries now and fight Red/Blue. Yes, I agree with you that the idea of being the first champion is a good one. Wish he could do more as champion. 

1 hour ago, jaylen said:

Finished elite 4 a couple of weeks ago and just collected all the ultra beasts. Thought that the post games are not as good as Pokemon ORAS. My Team? Primarina, Muk, Oricorio (electric version), Salazzle, Dragon Exeggutor and Kommo-O.

Will try to catch the other legendaries now and fight Red/Blue. Yes, I agree with you that the idea of being the first champion is a good one. Wish he could do more as champion. 

You can actually battle challengers taking on the league too as the champion. Battle through the elite 4 again, then wait in your throne and there will be a challenger to battle you. 1st challenger will be your rival Hau. Pretty interesting as it is a role reversal in comparison to previous games, you actually attain the title first before your rival.

Im reluctant to catch all the ultra beasts as id like to harvest as many beast balls as I can and use them to catch regular pokemon lol.

You can find red/blue in the battle tree. There will be a welcome battle from them when you reach so be prepared, after that you can battle him for real after a streak of 19 consecutive wins there.

A word of caution, the AI is pretty despicable and will formulate teams that specially counter yours. They will also spam moves that boosts evasion and utilize Z moves/mega evolution. 

11 hours ago, Samezuka said:

You can actually battle challengers taking on the league too as the champion. Battle through the elite 4 again, then wait in your throne and there will be a challenger to battle you. 1st challenger will be your rival Hau. Pretty interesting as it is a role reversal in comparison to previous games, you actually attain the title first before your rival.

Im reluctant to catch all the ultra beasts as id like to harvest as many beast balls as I can and use them to catch regular pokemon lol.

You can find red/blue in the battle tree. There will be a welcome battle from them when you reach so be prepared, after that you can battle him for real after a streak of 19 consecutive wins there.

A word of caution, the AI is pretty despicable and will formulate teams that specially counter yours. They will also spam moves that boosts evasion and utilize Z moves/mega evolution. 

Hmm but why do you want to use the beast ball to catch regular Pokémon? It's just as good as using a normal poké ball though. But anyway, I still left 43 beast balls after catching all the ultra beasts (it's very easy to catch ultra beast with beast ball, just generally need only one when the health is red).

Anyway, for me the most challenging part of the game (other than battle tree, since I don't play that) is to hunt for Weather S.O.S. Pokémon, especially Castform (took me a few days to hunt the first one)...

Edited by orionmiz

4 hours ago, orionmiz said:

Hmm but why do you want to use the beast ball to catch regular Pokémon? It's just as good as using a normal poké ball though. But anyway, I still left 43 beast balls after catching all the ultra beasts (it's very easy to catch ultra beast with beast ball, just generally need only one when the health is red).

Anyway, for me the most challenging part of the game (other than battle tree, since I don't play that) is to hunt for Weather S.O.S. Pokémon, especially Castform (took me a few days to hunt the first one)...

I use them for aesthetic reasons, the catch rate of beast balls are actually lower than regular pokeballs. However I like the ball design, and animation when the pokemon is released from it.

Actually thinking of holding a blowing wind giveaway. Which pokemon would you guys like the most? It can be legendarys or ones with hidden abilities and any items.

23 hours ago, Samezuka said:

I use them for aesthetic reasons, the catch rate of beast balls are actually lower than regular pokeballs. However I like the ball design, and animation when the pokemon is released from it.

Actually thinking of holding a blowing wind giveaway. Which pokemon would you guys like the most? It can be legendarys or ones with hidden abilities and any items.

Shiny Galvanise Alolan Geodude pl0x

awesome game haha! Good story line and post-game! Also love the fact that gamefreak decided to try something new in placement of gym leaders ; island challenge. The SOS shiny hunting method is great too :D got a few shinies from chaining.

16 hours ago, SwimSwim said:

awesome game haha! Good story line and post-game! Also love the fact that gamefreak decided to try something new in placement of gym leaders ; island challenge. The SOS shiny hunting method is great too :D got a few shinies from chaining.

Yes I loved the SOS chains, in fact the most memorable moment for me was chaining for a beldum during xmas eve while having dinner. It turned out to be a perfect 5iv with appropriate nature, and subsequently won me many battles online + battle tree.

Would you like a lvl 100 smeargle with moveset for SOS chaining?

The shiny galvanize geodudes will be available for giveaway very soon. Who else is interested?

wah finally. i thought no one here played. anyways i loved the ost too. completed my 2nd run recently.. just to get another nebby. lol. and also got another ash greninja and magearna from restarting again. 

fav osts are gladion themes (both encounter and battle), trial theme, kahuna battle theme, kukui theme.. i think u mean this theme right?

45 minutes ago, lonely57 said:

wah finally. i thought no one here played. anyways i loved the ost too. completed my 2nd run recently.. just to get another nebby. lol. and also got another ash greninja and magearna from restarting again. 

fav osts are gladion themes (both encounter and battle), trial theme, kahuna battle theme, kukui theme.. i think u mean this theme right?

Yep thats the one. :D I also love the league title defense theme. I pick that all the time on battle spot online.

Any of you battle? Someone actually PMed and asked my highest pokemon level before challenging me to one :P

4 hours ago, Samezuka said:

Yes I loved the SOS chains, in fact the most memorable moment for me was chaining for a beldum during xmas eve while having dinner. It turned out to be a perfect 5iv with appropriate nature, and subsequently won me many battles online + battle tree.

The shiny galvanize geodudes will be available for giveaway very soon. Who else is interested?

ooo congrats on your beldum XD the luckiest i got was a shiny araquanid with 4IVs haha. Thanks for the offer on the smeargle though but it's ok i already have a lv79 one haha :3

6 hours ago, Samezuka said:

i am! =x

Really impressed that there is a pokemon community in here that is so into pokemon video game. 

Would really like to get into competitive pokemon battling, but training/finding the perfect IV/EVs is a tad too boring for me to do so. The most I can do is just watch VGC on youtube and be amazed by the meta. 

6 hours ago, Callmetheo said:

I completed the game a few weeks ago too. Just taking my time to fill my pokedex to get the shiny charm so i can hunt more efficiently :) i think its really cool to competitive battle with shinies haha

it is.. but shinies arent perfectly competitive. ivs wont be perfect. unless ur lucky enough. but still usable though. 

3 hours ago, lonely57 said:

it is.. but shinies arent perfectly competitive. ivs wont be perfect. unless ur lucky enough. but still usable though. 

3 hours ago, nusguy22 said:

There was someone lucky enough to run a shiny gigalith in the recent VGC and a shiny aegislash in some past VGC as well. 

All hope is not lost but the grind is real. 

Haha usually chains pass 30 will have 4ivs lah. And shiny chaining usually takes longer than that. I think its not thaat hard. Being hopeful :D

On 1/5/2017 at 10:01 PM, Callmetheo said:

Haha usually chains pass 30 will have 4ivs lah. And shiny chaining usually takes longer than that. I think its not thaat hard. Being hopeful :D

haha. good luck though. i just wish theres an easier way to level up pokemon just like in oras or xy

3 hours ago, lonely57 said:

Just thought id share with you .

Very impressive and beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing :D

As requested by lanquint, I am giving away some lvl 1 shiny 6iv alolan galvanize geodudes with egg moves!! If you are keen to have one, simply put up a growlithe renamed blowind on GTS requesting for a level 1 geodude.

** Let me know before you put up the growlithe so I can be there to minimize chances of it being sniped by someone else.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, citricacid90 said:

omg didnt know theres this topic here! 

im playing sun and breeding competitively now!

Nice, do you battle singles or doubles format? I recently just cleared the battle tree, won 50 consecutive rounds at the super singles, super doubles, and super multi.

I guess nobody wants the galvanize shiny 6iv geodude...  @lanquint If no takers I might just wondertrade all of them away hahahah

Just started playing, not bad so far. A good brain-number from the CNY questioning with younger cousins!

RE Give-away, digital giveaway or...?

Edited by thedoctor

I don't know anymore.

4 hours ago, thedoctor said:

Just started playing, not bad so far. A good brain-number from the CNY questioning with younger cousins!

RE Give-away, digital giveaway or...?

Glad you are enjoying it :)

The giveaway can be done through link trade by adding each others friend codes, or the global trading station.

Just now, Samezuka said:

Glad you are enjoying it :)

The giveaway can be done through link trade by adding each others friend codes, or the global trading station.

I see - I wonder what can I ask for.

I don't know anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm looking for ditto with the following nature: calm, careful, gentle, lax, lonely, modest, naive, relaxed and sassy. I'm looking for an 6IVS ditto too. Anyone have? I'm still new to the game so can't offer much rare Pokemon for trades. 

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, MalayWoodlands said:

I bought it from the e shop. I think it's at full price. It's 14 Canadian dollars because I created my Nintendo account before Singapore got their own.

Oh wait I  thought you were talking about USUM lol.

I've prepurchased Gold as well. Eh I wasn't aware Singapore already has our own eshop? I'm also under Alberta, Canada.

• 2 weeks later...