Male HQ

Do you annoy with the security check

Guest Guest

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

It's really annoying sometimes that when you have to key in the words that are not even legible for a human to see for the security check.

The security check is to deter those humans who intend to post as anonymous guest.
1. Many of those anonymous guest are spammers - Blowing Wind members can thank our admins for doing a great job by setting tough Security Checks so that members don't get all kinds of nonsense spam and security breaches found in other forum.

2. Then there are those anonymous guest who wants to stay anonymous - This will also deter those trouble makers who post as guest who trolls others in the forum.

BW members have their privileges.

You made your choice, you had chose to be a guest and not a member So Don't Complain.

To date, you had posted 61 posts as guest. 

P/S : It's "Are you annoyed with security checks" NOT "Do you annoy" Your England really jialak.

The Ignorance and clueless of today... the ME ME ME generation. They lost even before they even know it.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

6 hours ago, upshot said:

The Ignorance and clueless of today... the ME ME ME generation. They lost even before they even know it.

On the contrary, it's usually the old folks who has this problem. "Why need to do this? Last time don't need do one. Aiyoh so mafan and complicated nowadays!" Younger gens have no issue with adopting new techs.

I'm rather amused how the generation today make the simplest mistake with 'do' and 'to be', even over here in Malaysia.

It's supposed to be 'ARE you ANNOYED with security checks'.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

57 minutes ago, EasleyLim said:

On the contrary, it's usually the old folks who has this problem. "Why need to do this? Last time don't need do one. Aiyoh so mafan and complicated nowadays!" Younger gens have no issue with adopting new techs.

Not referring to just tech specifically. :P

And I do hear my fair share in tech work complains by the young too, example why can it not be automated by now, still need to do this or that, my time is precious blah blah blah.... but in other stuff just as much.

They both have their gripes and typical complaints but I would not call it ME ME ME  for the older generation (even my age or older) and I have bitching with that lot often. They are more too complacent about changes around them thinking what they already do or know is more then enough. Thus obsolete thus lost old job can not adapt to new ones.

It's within the young that is the ME ME ME generation... that self entitlement narcissist streak thanks to some having parents being too over indulging. Both have good ones of course but it's the bad lot of old and young that is making too much noise.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Actually, when I saw the topic title, I thought it was referring to the random security checks at MRT stations.

Those can be quite annoying, especially if you're in a hurry.

And of course, they mostly check male passengers. Talk about gender profiling and sexism  :D

2 minutes ago, upshot said:

Not referring to just tech specifically. :P

And I do hear my fair share in tech work complains by the young too, example why can it not be automated by now, still need to do this or that, my time is precious blah blah blah.... but in other stuff just as much.

They both have their gripes and typical complaints but I would not call it ME ME ME  for the older generation (even my age or older) and I have bitching with that lot often. They are more too complacent about changes around them thinking what they already do or know is more then enough. Thus obsolete thus lost old job can not adapt to new ones.

It's within the young that is the ME ME ME generation... that self entitlement narcissist streak thanks to some having parents being too over indulging. Both have good ones of course but it's the bad lot of old and young that is making too much noise.

Ah icic. Tbh, I don't particularly think they're entitled tho. Sometimes what they said makes sense if you're receptive to new ideas. "Why isn't this already automated?" Yes, why *isn't* it automated if it could be done? Nothing particularly wrong with that mah, tio bo? It's not like they're being unreasonable about it considering how almost everything automated nowadays.

Us old fucks might be mired in nostalgia and stubborness (I.e, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN DONE THAT WAY, SO IT DOESNT NEED TO BE CHANGED) to see areas of improvement. 

In any case, being naive and headstrong is fine - literally everyone was like that once. So I find it silly to gripe about such stuff like we're all above that now simply because we're older. If anything, it's this "entitlement" attitude that brings in fresh ideas and perspectives rather than being older and close-minded about new things.

11 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

Ah icic. Tbh, I don't particularly think they're entitled tho. Sometimes what they said makes sense if you're receptive to new ideas. "Why isn't this already automated?" Yes, why *isn't* it automated if it could be done? Nothing particularly wrong with that mah, tio bo? It's not like they're being unreasonable about it considering how almost everything automated nowadays.

Us old fucks might be mired in nostalgia and stubborness (I.e, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN DONE THAT WAY, SO IT DOESNT NEED TO BE CHANGED) to see areas of improvement. 

In any case, being naive and headstrong is fine - literally everyone was like that once. So I find it silly to gripe about such stuff like we're all above that now simply because we're older. If anything, it's this "entitlement" attitude that brings in fresh ideas and perspectives rather than being older and close-minded about new things.

Ok get what you mean..in my haste I think I use the wrong analogy ( was about to go to sleep after a long night of being naughty heh)  What I mean is not about being curious but they are doing so out of the fact something bothered them but even if you explain the why and how what they expect can not YET be done but they are no interested in that but just more about the outburst. It's that what I call, you are either part of that problem or solution. I would be the first to say, why can this or that not be improved on because such and such things are already available to improve it. BUT of course if someone tells me why, I would accept that. Problem with the drama is some of this people, they are not happy they got "out talked" in their mind and so now they double down on their rhetoric. It was never about the issue but about them.  Know what I mean? Again... it's not a sweeping statement but it happens enough that it is a concern when you see it comes from point of selfishness and thoughtlessness. What this concerns me is it leads to ignorance and thus. If they are not willing to learn it, you better wait as they will not want to hear it from you. Face losing or kiasu. When you work with people like that, they poison the pond. When I say young it's not just the teens but up to age of 30. It's a dog eat dog world. I get that but this attitude is more self destructing beside being something that harm society. Okay too heavy a topic for this thread heheh.. And don;t get me started on the the old foggies like me.. another group that is too stuck in their way and again not all but enough to create or perpetuate the stereotype stigma of the old workforce.

Challenge the status quo yes as it can bring about change but if all it really is about causing willful harm and disruption that's another. There are people who will just complain for the sake of just that. And we all see that heh...But yes I do believe in freedom of speech for anyone to say what they want.. I just wish one who let loose like that also am willing to listen and understand another viewpoint far from themselves. And they are embolden when they think they are safe behind their screen.

Edited by upshot

Guest Security Guard

More annoyed by sites like Facebook, Yahoo, etc keep asking for phone number to verify and other security questions like mother's maiden name, date of birth etc. Some are similar to bank's verification questions and its like basically giving these sites the keys to your account. Worse is when these sites get hacked.

Guest Guest (TS)
19 hours ago, G_M said:

The security check is to deter those humans who intend to post as anonymous guest.
1. Many of those anonymous guest are spammers - Blowing Wind members can thank our admins for doing a great job by setting tough Security Checks so that members don't get all kinds of nonsense spam and security breaches found in other forum.

2. Then there are those anonymous guest who wants to stay anonymous - This will also deter those trouble makers who post as guest who trolls others in the forum.

BW members have their privileges.

You made your choice, you had chose to be a guest and not a member So Don't Complain.

To date, you had posted 61 posts as guest. 

P/S : It's "Are you annoyed with security checks" NOT "Do you annoy" Your England really jialak.

But I'm still didn't get it how the security check can deter those human spammer. I thought it was more of an security check to ensure that only human can post here and not a computer or software created by human with the intention to spam. and hence my complaint for the auto generated security words which are not even legible for a human to see.

as you have stated I have posted 61 posts and majority of this posts are blatantly stupid, pointless, and annoying messages but I guess it didn't deter me at all just annoyed...

as much as I hated to key in the security check, I find it more of a hassle to log in cause I always couldn't remember correctly my password and username. and still I don't want to jot down the username and password.

This is one of many many my stupid, pointless and annoying thread that I have started. Why I started this? Addiction I guess. Before I start any important or mundane homework, somehow I find it more easier to just passby BW forum first.

• 3 months later...

at first i tot TS was talking abt security checks at immigration or malls and was abt to dick slap him. 

then, he's actually talking abt those anti-bot security checks for guests account in BW. *roll eyes*

if you find it annoying, create a proper account la. or, stop visiting this forum if it's too much of a hassle. duh...

Guest Guest
On 12/29/2016 at 11:29 PM, Guest Guest said:

It's really annoying sometimes that when you have to key in the words that are not even legible for a human to see for the security check.

It is more annoying to read your broken English. You are so stupid and shameless

Guest Jialat
On 30/12/2016 at 9:08 PM, Guest Guest (TS) said:

But I'm still didn't get it how the security check can deter those human spammer. I thought it was more of an security check to ensure that only human can post here and not a computer or software created by human with the intention to spam. and hence my complaint for the auto generated security words which are not even legible for a human to see.

as you have stated I have posted 61 posts and majority of this posts are blatantly stupid, pointless, and annoying messages but I guess it didn't deter me at all just annoyed...

as much as I hated to key in the security check, I find it more of a hassle to log in cause I always couldn't remember correctly my password and username. and still I don't want to jot down the username and password.

This is one of many many my stupid, pointless and annoying thread that I have started. Why I started this? Addiction I guess. Before I start any important or mundane homework, somehow I find it more easier to just passby BW forum first.

Your

too

painful

to 

read

#grammarfail

#imissedtheintentofyourpost

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.