Male HQ

Atas Restaurants Recommendation

• 1 year later...

Here are some of my fave places for fine dining in Singapore.  I have included only restaurants that I have visited at least 3 times:

1)  Joel Robuchon, RWS

2)  Les Amis, Shaw Centre

3)  Hide Yamamoto, MBS

4)  Jaan, Equinox Complex, Swissotel The Stamford

5)  Saint Pierre, One Fullerton

6)  Iggy's, Hilton Hotel

7)  Nadaman, Shangri la Hotel

8)  Flutes @ The National Museum

9)  Nicolas le Restaurant, Teck Lim Road

10)  Jade Restaurant, Fullerton Hotel

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 4:56 PM, kimlo777 said:

Here are some of my fave places for fine dining in Singapore.  I have included only restaurants that I have visited at least 3 times:

1)  Joel Robuchon, RWS

2)  Les Amis, Shaw Centre

3)  Hide Yamamoto, MBS

4)  Jaan, Equinox Complex, Swissotel The Stamford

5)  Saint Pierre, One Fullerton

6)  Iggy's, Hilton Hotel

7)  Nadaman, Shangri la Hotel

8)  Flutes @ The National Museum

9)  Nicolas le Restaurant, Teck Lim Road

10)  Jade Restaurant, Fullerton Hotel

all these cost a bomb!

is no.8 really good? it looks ordinary

1,2, 4,6 has earned their accolades over the year

Waku ghin, anyone tried? 

我不是无钱。。我也不是要泼冷水。

我只是花应该花的钱。。绝对不想花未来钱。

If you know how to appreciate the food, the ambiance, the service and the company you are dining with, don't waste your hard-earned money on such splurge!  Unless one has a special occasion to celebrate and when one has tons of money to burn, this extravagant hobby should be kept to a minimum. 

For the same amount of money, you may want to accumulate and invest in a good watch, a good set of leather stuff (bags, belt, shoes), a very presentable set of clothes.   If you want to pamper yourself, go on an exotic holiday destination instead.  You can take tons of photos to frame your walls.  说我爱炫吧。。

After all, no one (except that person who dined with you and yourself) knew about the food you ate.   It is uncouth to take pictures of your food in atas restaurants or as a matter of fact, anywhere. 吃在嘴里, 48小时后也从肛门排出。。

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

all these cost a bomb!

is no.8 really good? it looks ordinary

1,2, 4,6 has earned their accolades over the year

Waku ghin, anyone tried? 

I personally like Flutes because the menu always seem to go down well with me.

All in sex is fair.

1 hour ago, abang said:

我不是无钱。。我也不是要泼冷水。

我只是花应该花的钱。。绝对不想花未来钱。

If you know how to appreciate the food, the ambiance, the service and the company you are dining with, don't waste your hard-earned money on such splurge!  Unless one has a special occasion to celebrate and when one has tons of money to burn, this extravagant hobby should be kept to a minimum. 

For the same amount of money, you may want to accumulate and invest in a good watch, a good set of leather stuff (bags, belt, shoes), a very presentable set of clothes.   If you want to pamper yourself, go on an exotic holiday destination instead.  You can take tons of photos to frame your walls.  说我爱炫吧。。

After all, no one (except that person who dined with you and yourself) knew about the food you ate.   It is uncouth to take pictures of your food in atas restaurants or as a matter of fact, anywhere. 吃在嘴里, 48小时后也从肛门排出。。

hahaha ,,,, then i must really be very uncouth as i take photos of my food even in 5-star or michelin-star restaurants and had never been stopped except once.  it was at nicolas le restaurant.  this snooty french couple sitting beside us complained to the manager that she found the click click sound of my camera rather disturbing and the manager politely asked me to stop using the camera.  so i continued using my hp which incidentally also takes good photos, of course much to the annoyance of the upstart french couple.  but who cares?

All in sex is fair.

20 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

kimlo

(pun intended) i think there r some other interesting "Food" that go down well with you too, kekekekeke

yup and i immediately think of bananas and rambutans ... hahaha

All in sex is fair.

Upmarket food courts in Singapore are already far and few between, and ones with Halal food stalls are even rarer. Enter Makanista, the dining hall recently opened by Food Junction that offers Instagram-worthy local delights with a slightly atas twist.

Currently in the process of applying for Halal certification, Makanista opened its doors on Apr 4 at Tampines Mall as a foodie-focused concept that merges Singaporean classics with trendy schmaltz. This spot is made for you if dishes such as French chicken curry pasta and okonomiyaki prata entices your hunger instead of culinary confusion.

a store front at day

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Occupying a sprawling 2,800 square feet space that can seat approximately 130, the chic industrial aesthetic and vibrant palettes of Makanista’s cafe-like interior is crafted to pull in millennials and the millennial-minded. Food-wise, there are only four stands to choose from: the chicken rice stall, the yong tau foo stall, the Western stall, and the prata (and desserts) stall.

a store filled with lots of food

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Those four stands however offer a bumper crop of creative takes on hawker favorites alongside unmodified classics. The chicken rice stall for example offers combo meals inspired by the traditional Javanese style of Nasi Ambeng, so the dish arrives on a rattan tray for everyone to dig in together. Combo meals differ in sizes — single ($8.50), duo ($16.50), trio ($23.90), quartet ($29.90) — and comes with a choice of chicken, including Thai and Mala (Sichuan-style) flavors besides the standard Hainanese and Roasted versions. Sides include Japanese soft boiled egg, vegetables in oyster sauce or fried tofu, and (ugh) bean sprouts. Standard-sized chicken rice dishes are available too at $5.50 for the classic flavors and $5.80 for the Thai and Mala ones.

a bowl of food on a plate on a table

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Mala chicken rice.

Over at the Western stall, folks can get their cafe cuisine on with the likes of the beef hamburg and fries ($10.90) — sunny-side up egg and grilled beef patty topped on a mound of chips before black pepper and truffle cheese sauce gets poured over it. Another key highlight of the stall would have to be the French chicken curry pasta ($7.50), a deliciously lux upgrade to standard chicken curry noodles. As an unspoken rule, fried chicken is mandatory at kopitiam Western food stalls, and $7.50 gets you six pieces of wings slathered in a choice of spicy honey mustard, pesto cheese or Indonesian sweet soy sauce.

a white plate topped with pasta and vegetables

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Beef hamburg and fries.

The yong tau foo stall is nothing to rave about really, aside from the choices of thicker soup bases such as satay sauce, curry gravy and soto ayam broth. The prata and desserts stall, however, really shine with meaty entrées such as the chicken luncheon and floss prata ($8.50), special tandoori chicken prata ($8.50) and the Japanese-Indian okonomiyaki prata ($7.00). The brave and the bold will be blissed out with their signature mutton prata burger ($8.50): a Ramly Burger-influenced patty topped with fried egg, sautéed onions, mayonnaise and black pepper sauce before being wrapped and sealed in prata.

a slice of pizza on a plate

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Special tandoori chicken prata.

In lieu of uppity desserts such as cupcakes, ganache or rainbow cakes, the sweet treats are also prata-based, which is perfectly fine by us. The syrupy assortment includes banana, chocolate & almond prata ($2.80), caramelized condensed milk prata ($2.10) and the best one of the lot: PB&J prata ($2.80).

a pizza sitting on top of a counter

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

On 5/16/2018 at 7:43 AM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Spicy honey mustard wings.

a plate of food on a table

where is the wings? I only see chips and egg.

Guest Xpose
7 hours ago, tyan said:

where is the wings? I only see chips and egg.

O gosh, it’s another copy and paste job by the poster, and doing a lousy job at that - the tag for that photo is Beef Hamburg and Fries. All the images and commentary is ripped from another website, coconuts.co.  Should at least have the decency to credit the original site.

Guest Xpose
4 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

Sorry about that, it was on another plate. :lol:

Yes it’s on the plate in the other image you posted just before, the one you wrongly copied and pasted as French Chicken Curry Pasta.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 2:23 AM, Zackling said:

1. Joel Robuchon (RWS) - it is no longer in service ever since the chef pass away. And it is also no longer with RWS anymore.

How sad... but fear not cos I still can eat well at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in Bangkok.  It occupies the entire 5th level of MahaNakhon Cube opposite the Chong Nongsi lrt station.  Go for the 7-course tasting menu at 6950 baht ++ (approx S$300++) which is really good.  You will surely enjoy it.

Edited by kimlo777

All in sex is fair.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:16 AM, doncoin said:

@kimlo777 mentioned Les Amis at Shaw Center, and i remember that place as the first fancy restaurant I've been like back in the 90s. Will definitely revisit the next time I am back in Sg. 

doncoin - glad you enjoyed your meal at Les Amis.  Next time you are there, try their Le Menu Printemps - it is really superbly curated and executed.  It is a 7-course meal that the Chef serves for the entire table.

All in sex is fair.

11 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

doncoin - glad you enjoyed your meal at Les Amis.  Next time you are there, try their Le Menu Printemps - it is really superbly curated and executed.  It is a 7-course meal that the Chef serves for the entire table.

Thanks for the tip. That sounds wonderful. 

Love. 

• 2 weeks later...

Restaurants that are closing / had pulled their shutters down since 21st April 2019

1. Tapas 26
2. Angela May - Glass house @ DHM
3. Senso
4. Skyve
5. Mythz & Myths
6. Gastro Smith

7. Marble Bistro (30/06/2019 last day of service)

8. Arbite Cafe (30/06/19 last day of service)

*most of them are Atas.. 5-6yrs in the industry.. game over.. are these Atas worth it..??

Edited by Zackling

no matter how rich one may be.. if the chef is not at the stove.. i'll never patronized that restaurants because..

1. I felt cheated

2. I'll not pay for a brand

3. s'pore fine fining dining days are over.. 

WORLD'S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS 2019: HERE'S THE FULL LIST

1. Mirazur, Menton (France) | BEST RESTAURANT IN EUROPE and BEST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD

2. Noma, Copenhagen (Denmark) | HIGHEST NEW ENTRY

3. Asador Extebarri, Atxondo (Spain)

4. Gaggan, Bangkok  (Thailand) | BEST RESTAURANT IN ASIA

5. Geranium, Copenhagen (Denmark)

6. Central, Lima (Peru) | BEST RESTAURANT IN SOUTH AMERICA

7. Mugaritz, San Sebastian (Spain)

8. Arpège, Paris (France)

9. Disfrutar, Barcelona (Spain)

10. Maido, Lima (Peru)

11. Den, Tokyo (Japan) |ART OF HOSPITALITY AWARD

12. Pujol, Mexico City (Mexico) | BEST RESTAURANT IN NORTH AMERICA

13. White Rabbit, Moscow (Russia)

14. Azurmendi, Larrabetzu (Spain)| HIGHEST CLIMBER AWARD

15. Septime, Paris (France)

16. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, Paris (France)

17. Steirereck, Vienna (Austria)

18. Odette, Singapore 

19. Twins Gardens, Moscow (Russia) | NEW ENTRY

20. Tickets, Barcelona (Spain)

21. Frantzén, Stockholm (Sweden) | RE-ENTRY

22. Narisawa, Tokyo (Japan)

23. Cosme, New York (USA)

24. Quintonil, Mexico city (Mexico)

25. Alléno Paris at Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris (France)

26. Boragó, Santiago (Chile) 

27. The Clove Club, London (United Kingdom)

28. Blue Hill at Stone Barns, New York (USA)

29. Piazza Duomo, Alba (Italy)

30. Elkano, Getaria (Spain) 

31. Le Calandre, Rubano (Italy)

32. Nerua, Bilbao (Spain) | NEW ENTRY

33. Lyle's, London (United Kingdom) 

34. Don Julio, Buenos Aires (Argentina) | NEW ENTRY

35. Atelier Crenn, San Francisco (USA) | NEW ENTRY

36. Le Bernardin, New York (USA)

37. Alinea, Chicago (USA)

38. Hiša Franko, Kobarid (Slovenia)

39. A Casa do Porco, Sao Paulo (Brazil) | NEW ENTRY

40. Restaurant Tim Raue, Berlin (Germany) 

41. The Chairman, Hong Kong (China)

42. Belcanto, Lisbon (Portugal) | NEW ENTRY HIGHEST EUROPEAN

43. Hof Van Cleve, Kruishoutem (Belgium)| RE-ENTRY 

44. The Test Kitchen, Cape Town (South Africa) | BEST RESTAURANT IN AFRICA 

45. Sühring, Bangkok (Thailand) | NEW ENTRY 

46. De Librije, Zwolle (Netherlands) | RE-ENTRY 

47. Benu, San Francisco (USA) | NEW ENTRY 

48. Ultraviolet, Shangai (China)

49. Leo, Bogotà (Colombia)| NEW ENTRY

50. Schloss Schauenstein, Fürstenau (Switzerland)| SUSTAINABLE RESTAURANT AWARD

only 1 singapore restaurant made it.. Odette.. from position 28th, made its way to no. 18th. 

I recently took a client to Le Bernadin for lunch since I am a pescatarian. It was crazy trying get a lunch reservation last minute, but thankfully to pull some strings. The place is an institution given its longevity as a restaurant, and some parts of the restaurant I think is showings signs of its age. Food wise, there is nothing to complain about. The seafood was fresh and well prepared. In terms of crowd, it was a power lunch crowd with some tourists mixed in. 

I think all these food rankings are just so subjective. Everyone's taste buds are different. For Singapore, where we shine really is not atas food but hawker food, which tastes just as delicious, and costs a whole lot less. Granted you don't have the nice air condition, and table service. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.