Male HQ

Gays relationship are fragile isn't it ?

Guest yeahyeah

35 minutes ago, Guest yeahyeah said:

idk if it's me who felt that gay RS is very fragile 

it's like temptation are everywhere and I see most of my Friends relationship ended mostly due to cheating and lose of feelings .

sigh

If you want to be this pessimistic, it applies to all relationships, doesn't it?

I've always felt that marriage/civil union can be a sort of support system that keeps the RS going. It's a reminder of the commitment once made; it's a safety net to fall back on, when critical events happen. It's a sharing that - even if still vulnerable - takes a RS beyond that of friendship, to the next level...? :redface:

7 minutes ago, khanomjeen said:

not at all.

Many boy girl relations are in terms of days or weeks.  Many man man relations last years and years

That's true...guess we're all waiting for that perfect man-man relationship. :mellow:

Most importantly, love a person for who they are and not how they look. Your inner beauty will outlast your outer beauty (ie we all age). As long as you remind urself of why you're together with your other half in the first place, any r/s can be a potentially long-lasting one :}

Edited by Heckmann92

I would rather call it Challenging than Fragile.  heh

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

11 hours ago, Guest yeahyeah said:

idk if it's me who felt that gay RS is very fragile 

it's like temptation are everywhere and I see most of my Friends relationship ended mostly due to cheating and lose of feelings .

sigh

a lot of relationship lacks understanding and acceptance.

1st few months of the relationship is always the honeymoon where everything is so damn perfect.

Its only after the honeymoon period that you begin to see the flaws of your partner and begin to compare your partner to others. you will feel that the grass is greener on the others side.

a relationship need efforts from both side to work towards a common goal. it takes more than just feelings alone.

Guest Super Glued

I strongly advocate lover to stay together or near each other.  So that you can to see each other everyday.  Bonding are build through constant communications and touch.  If a lover stay too far apart, things are likely to fall apart easily.  I have been with this same guy for 8 years and still growing strong because everyday I smell his smelly socks, after he came from work, and I am more used to it already. Also I am used to him wearing the same underwear for days before he decided to throw them into the laundry.  You see, if you are with the same person for years and seeing him everday, you are so adpated to him.  If you hardly see him, you are likely to critcise his every nitty gritty things not to your expectation.   There were times, we were briefly apart, and I became un-used to his dissappearance and became quite anti-social, like a child missing his parent in the kindergarten.  When he returned from his trip, my world came back together again, though he has lots of dirty laundry that needs washing after that.  Can you guys take it before you even thought about super glue relationship?

The simple answer is YES. Except in countries where same sex marriage is legal, there is nothing legal binding the relationship. So there is no stigma per se, for a breakup. Not happy, just move on.

That being said, if 2 guys are together it's because they want to be together and not because of a legal bond. That might not be bad, as well. 

~ I usually write what's on my mind.  I am not soliciting for unnecessary comments from anyone who will take this opportunity to say I was rude to them on PM, or rejected their approach because of this and that etc. I might not write in long, accommodative sentences in PM.  My messages there are short and to the point, but that doesn't mean I am being nasty to you. Also, please do not be overly sensitive. If you say you want to meet for fun, but I tell you I don't want to waste your time, don't take it too hard.  Just like you can choose to approach me or don't, I have the right to choose as well, and there is no point lying to you that you are my type when you aren't. Not here to bicker - that's my point ~

It's not love if it doesn't hurt. If you don't want to hurt, don't love - str8biman (Oct 2016)

Sometimes we need to go through a thunderstorm before we are able to enjoy the beauty of a rainbow - str8biman (Nov 2016)

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. – Washington Irving

Everyone is searching for love all the time

Yet love is like mist hovering in the humid sky – Zurri

Kinda agree with TS... and it's not only relationship I find, but friendship too.

I find this circle is filled with either those with boyfriend looking for others to fulfill their sex desire that their BF can't satisfy or unrealistic picky singles.

Jack'd, Grindr, Blued, Growlr, Hornet, Tinder, Planet Romeo, Recon, all the social apps intended to find 'friends' and 'relationship' seemed to be a bullshit.

It's either 'people' that wants to screw you or be your 'friends' that take forever to reply and then stop replying to you.

Not only it's fragile, but it's just shallow.

To summarize those I've seen over the years, I've lost faith entirely in the gay circle.

2 hours ago, bennyboi said:

Kinda agree with TS... and it's not only relationship I find, but friendship too.

I find this circle is filled with either those with boyfriend looking for others to fulfill their sex desire that their BF can't satisfy or unrealistic picky singles.

Jack'd, Grindr, Blued, Growlr, Hornet, Tinder, Planet Romeo, Recon, all the social apps intended to find 'friends' and 'relationship' seemed to be a bullshit.

It's either 'people' that wants to screw you or be your 'friends' that take forever to reply and then stop replying to you.

Not only it's fragile, but it's just shallow.

To summarize those I've seen over the years, I've lost faith entirely in the gay circle.

Agreed. The platform or the means by which you get to know someone matters too cos it establishes the context, the expectations etc that sets in motion whatever happens next.

Edited by Heckmann92

3 minutes ago, Heckmann92 said:

Agreed. The platform or the means by which you get to know someone matters too cos it sets the context, the expectations etc that sets in motion whatever happens next.

I think be it platform or any other avenues, it's pretty much the same.

Men are sex-crazed beasts that puts lust over love. As enjoyable as a quality chat over lunch or a nice hangout session, sex always dominates and it's very different than the straight world.

Speaking from experience, I think there's pretty much no more love left in the gay world, hence making gay relationship (and friendship) to be so damn fragile.

One needs to understand when you make comparison to relationship between a male and female to a male on male or female on female you will have to they are NOT EVER THE SAME and worst part most are guilty of is your values and expectation are base SOLELY on how a male and female relationship. Thus you expect the same stuff to occur with gay or lesbian or whatever form of relationship. there are biological, gender specific mental thinking, common traits yes but still there are very different component that make up the whole.

I have talked about this to so many people as a person all my long life and I am sure many others too but when you talk about relationships and stuff with people or some in a relationship , if you step outside the norm and watch, listen and look at the answers you get, you do see it is very different. So for gays want relationship.. pleas stop thinking of what you expect a female wants from a male and you try to emulate .. you are still biologically a male and your needs, wants and expectations and ability to fend for yourself and look at life is totally difference from a women. So stop acting like one heheh.. That emotional fragile-ness you think they are.. is NOT THE SAME for males' fragility. To try to think the same way might cause you to lose the relationship

Something to consider. Don't have a family or get married just because YOU THINK a relationship has to have that same end goal. That is what works ideally for a male and female beyond about love, there are reason for why people back then want to marry and compared to today too why someone wants to marry. It is not all about birds and bees too..

IT TRULY IS TIME TO STOP THINKING CONVENTIONAL LOGIC .. if you are not man and women.. you can not BE CONVENTIONAL to do so will be more likely you fail thus I say it is more CHALLENGING THEN FRAGILE relationship. Worst if marry the btm or 'female' gay part and he want to use all the same nonsense a female will get from a male and try to get that from you now as an entitlement. Remember he is not a she, no child bearing, biological and mentally different as well. Child binds a relationship more then one that does not...even if there is no love for each other, there is the child. the social norm to peer pressure to do what any parent is suppose to do. Well most anyway heh.

Do you know normal good fair minded females who knows 3rd wave feminist values today are toxic and bad toward men and bias.. BUT do you know why they still stay silent or neutral? That is because in case one day they want to use that against you or protection from you, that weapon is always there as a safe guard. That is human nature. Relationship is and have always been a 'dance'. Its hard work to keep it not just going strong but fair to both side. Once you understand that, then you start to see how rare a good relationship is and how hard the work is required to keep it.

That's not to say I am anti-relationship. But what I am saying is, it is getting harder and harder as life is more complicated and harder to survive. Sometime you don't even get fairness with a family member like even a father or mother or sibling that is willing to play you out.. and you think a stanger you meet from another family, you fall in love and you think over time of "partok and sharing stuff and lovey dovey sex and that person will be loyal to you for life? Like in the story books? heheheh....

It's hard work all the way to the end.

https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/volume-18/edition-6/comparing-lesbian-and-gay-and-heterosexual-relationships-love-or-money

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 1/19/2017 at 1:45 AM, Heckmann92 said:

Most importantly, love a person for who they are and not how they look. Your inner beauty will outlast your outer beauty (ie we all age). As long as you remind urself of why you're together with your other half in the first place, any r/s can be a potentially long-lasting one :}

I'm actually going to partially disagree with this.

I lasted 5 years with my ex, and it was actually driven mostly by our shared humour, intellect, and attraction to each other's personalities and character.

Sadly we both didn't take care of our physical appearance - and halfway in the relationship it was evident the both of us stopped being physically attracted to each other.

The good thing is that we connect so well, we are best friends today.

I courted my now-BF because he was cute, and I still admire his cuteness even today. I also feel secure because he insists he still finds me cute (although I've gained weight since we got attached - bad habit of mine - and I'm trying to revert to my original physique). I definitely think looks is still very, very important.

• Guest locked this topic