Male HQ

Will I get HIV From Barber?

Guest Guest

I went to the barber yesterday and get a hair cut, but the barber accidentally cut me with the shaving knife when he is trimming the small hairs.

My concern is will I be at risk from HIV infection?

On the same note are there any barbers near Hougang / Serangoon area that does not use shaving knife to trim the small hairs anymore?

HIV virus can not survive at all in air. If the barber is not bleeding and dripping his blood directly into your open cut wound, how do you think you are at risk of AIDS. If I get AIDS virus on a razor blade and it is in open air, the virus will not survive too long. Did you also know that if you kiss a HIV person on the cheek or hug him skin to skin YOU CAN NOT GET INFECTED?

My advice to anyone who want to have SEX or come in contact with another human being or involve in any act where injuries are a possibility to go learn or google a medical site and learn more about how AIDS or other virus are spread or CAN SPREAD to get some fundamental understanding and not live in ignorant fear.

Start with this:

Myth: HIV or AIDS can be cured

Reality: To date, there is no cure for HIV or AIDS and there are no vaccines to prevent HIV infection.

Myth: HIV/AIDS is a gay disease.

Reality: Anyone can be susceptible to HIV/AIDS, regardless of their sexual orientation. Everyone is at risk of getting HIV from blood-to-blood contact, sharing needles or unsafe sex. Worldwide, HIV is spread most often through heterosexual contact.

Myth: You can get HIV from breathing the air around an HIV-infected person or from hugging or holding hands with an HIV-infected person.

Reality: HIV cannot be transmitted through...

• toilet seats or door-knob handles.
  • touching, hugging, holding hands, or cheek kissing with an HIV-infected person.
  • sharing eating utensils with an HIV-infected person.
  • mosquito bites.

HIV is transmitted through contact with an HIV-positive person's infected body fluids, such as semen, pre-ejaculate fluid, vaginal fluids, blood, or breast milk. HIV can also be transmitted through needles contaminated with HIV-infected blood, including needles used for injecting drugs, tattooing or body piercing.

Myth: I can get HIV by sharing exercise equipment or playing sports with an HIV-positive person.

Reality: Contact with sweat or tears has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV.

Myth: You can get HIV by kissing an HIV-infected person.

Reality: Casual contact through closed-mouth or "social" kissing is not a risk for transmission of HIV. Because of the theoretical potential for contact with blood during "French" or open-mouthed kissing, the CDC recommends against engaging in this activity with an infected person. However, no cases of AIDS have been attributed to any kind of kissing.

Myth: You cannot get HIV if you are using birth control methods like diaphragms, cervical caps, sponges, spermicides, DepoProvera, Norplant, or the Pill.

Reality: These birth control methods do not prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) such as HIV. They only aim to prevent pregnancy. The surest way to prevent both pregnancy and an STD is through abstinence. One way people who are sexually active may prevent pregnancy and STD infection is to use a condom in combination with another form of birth control, such as a diaphragm, cervical cap, sponge, spermicide, DepoProvera, Norplant, or the Pill. Birth control products containing the spermicide nonoxynol-9 (found in most contraceptive creams, gels, suppositories, foams, films and sponges) help to prevent pregnancy but may increase the risk of HIV.

Myth: I can't have more than one sexually transmitted disease (STD) at a time.

Reality: A person can be infected with more than one STD. A person with an untreated STD may also be 6-10 times more likely to pass on or acquire HIV during sex. Risk for infection increases 10 to 300-fold in the presence of a genital ulcer, such as occurs in syphilis or genital herpes.

Myth: There is no such thing as safer sex.

Reality: Safer sex is sexual activity without penetration, or sex with a latex condom or a latex barrier (in the case of oral sex). Although safer sex can substantially reduce the sexual transmission of an STD like HIV, sexual abstinence is the surest way to prevent the sexual transmission of an STD, including HIV.

Myth: Since I only have oral sex, I'm not at risk for HIV/AIDS.

Reality: You can get HIV by having oral sex with a man or a woman. That is why it is important to use a latex barrier during oral, vaginal, or anal sex.

Myth: I would know if a loved one or I had HIV.

Reality: A person with HIV may not show any symptoms for up to 10 years. Since HIV affects each person differently, many people with HIV can look and feel healthy for years. The only sure way to know is to get tested.

Myth: Getting tested for HIV is pointless.

Reality: Knowing if you are HIV-positive will allow you to seek early treatment that can help you stay healthy longer and enable you not to pass on the virus to someone else. Regardless of your HIV status, you can learn how to prevent further infection from HIV and other STDs through counseling offered at many HIV testing centers.

Myth: When you're on HIV therapy you can't transmit the virus to anyone else.

Reality: Antiretroviral drugs don't keep you from passing the virus to others. Therapy can keep the viral load down to undetectable levels, but HIV is still present in the body and can still be transmitted to others.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest BuyOWNHairClipper

Is the blade a brand NEW? If re-used from previous customer and the blade don't exposed to air for long enough, you also don't know, that why I prefer to invest in a good hair clipper and get hair cut at home. If you worried, after 3 months do a HIV test.

22 minutes ago, wantonmee said:

You can get HIV from any profession, not just a barber.... :P

And anyone can be a top or bottom regardless of race, language, religion, nationality, how big or small bank account is, degree or non-degree holder, big or small cock, tight or loose ass, lean or chubby, drives a car or no car and the list goes on... :P .... anyone can make someone sick

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

It's possible. There have been one or two recorded cases of females getting HIV from manicure tools.

However these cases are very very rare (like one in ten million). But that doesn't mean we should share things like razor, toothbrushes or nail clipper, always remind your barber to use a new razor on you. Usually the blade of the razors at the barbers are disposable.

10 hours ago, upshot said:

HIV virus can not survive at all in air. If the barber is not bleeding and dripping his blood directly into your open cut wound, how do you think you are at risk of AIDS. If I get AIDS virus on a razor blade and it is in open air, the virus will not survive too long. Did you also know that if you kiss a HIV person on the cheek or hug him skin to skin YOU CAN NOT GET INFECTED?

My advice to anyone who want to have SEX or come in contact with another human being or involve in any act where injuries are a possibility to go learn or google a medical site and learn more about how AIDS or other virus are spread or CAN SPREAD to get some fundamental understanding and not live in ignorant fear.

Start with this:

Myth: HIV or AIDS can be cured

Reality: To date, there is no cure for HIV or AIDS and there are no vaccines to prevent HIV infection.

Myth: HIV/AIDS is a gay disease.

Reality: Anyone can be susceptible to HIV/AIDS, regardless of their sexual orientation. Everyone is at risk of getting HIV from blood-to-blood contact, sharing needles or unsafe sex. Worldwide, HIV is spread most often through heterosexual contact.

Myth: You can get HIV from breathing the air around an HIV-infected person or from hugging or holding hands with an HIV-infected person.

Reality: HIV cannot be transmitted through...

• toilet seats or door-knob handles.
  • touching, hugging, holding hands, or cheek kissing with an HIV-infected person.
  • sharing eating utensils with an HIV-infected person.
  • mosquito bites.

HIV is transmitted through contact with an HIV-positive person's infected body fluids, such as semen, pre-ejaculate fluid, vaginal fluids, blood, or breast milk. HIV can also be transmitted through needles contaminated with HIV-infected blood, including needles used for injecting drugs, tattooing or body piercing.

Myth: I can get HIV by sharing exercise equipment or playing sports with an HIV-positive person.

Reality: Contact with sweat or tears has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV.

Myth: You can get HIV by kissing an HIV-infected person.

Reality: Casual contact through closed-mouth or "social" kissing is not a risk for transmission of HIV. Because of the theoretical potential for contact with blood during "French" or open-mouthed kissing, the CDC recommends against engaging in this activity with an infected person. However, no cases of AIDS have been attributed to any kind of kissing.

Myth: You cannot get HIV if you are using birth control methods like diaphragms, cervical caps, sponges, spermicides, DepoProvera, Norplant, or the Pill.

Reality: These birth control methods do not prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) such as HIV. They only aim to prevent pregnancy. The surest way to prevent both pregnancy and an STD is through abstinence. One way people who are sexually active may prevent pregnancy and STD infection is to use a condom in combination with another form of birth control, such as a diaphragm, cervical cap, sponge, spermicide, DepoProvera, Norplant, or the Pill. Birth control products containing the spermicide nonoxynol-9 (found in most contraceptive creams, gels, suppositories, foams, films and sponges) help to prevent pregnancy but may increase the risk of HIV.

Myth: I can't have more than one sexually transmitted disease (STD) at a time.

Reality: A person can be infected with more than one STD. A person with an untreated STD may also be 6-10 times more likely to pass on or acquire HIV during sex. Risk for infection increases 10 to 300-fold in the presence of a genital ulcer, such as occurs in syphilis or genital herpes.

Myth: There is no such thing as safer sex.

Reality: Safer sex is sexual activity without penetration, or sex with a latex condom or a latex barrier (in the case of oral sex). Although safer sex can substantially reduce the sexual transmission of an STD like HIV, sexual abstinence is the surest way to prevent the sexual transmission of an STD, including HIV.

Myth: Since I only have oral sex, I'm not at risk for HIV/AIDS.

Reality: You can get HIV by having oral sex with a man or a woman. That is why it is important to use a latex barrier during oral, vaginal, or anal sex.

Myth: I would know if a loved one or I had HIV.

Reality: A person with HIV may not show any symptoms for up to 10 years. Since HIV affects each person differently, many people with HIV can look and feel healthy for years. The only sure way to know is to get tested.

Myth: Getting tested for HIV is pointless.

Reality: Knowing if you are HIV-positive will allow you to seek early treatment that can help you stay healthy longer and enable you not to pass on the virus to someone else. Regardless of your HIV status, you can learn how to prevent further infection from HIV and other STDs through counseling offered at many HIV testing centers.

Myth: When you're on HIV therapy you can't transmit the virus to anyone else.

Reality: Antiretroviral drugs don't keep you from passing the virus to others. Therapy can keep the viral load down to undetectable levels, but HIV is still present in the body and can still be transmitted to others.

WTF... BLATANT PLAGIARISM AND CANNOT EVEN BOTHER TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE SOURCE OF INFO WITH A LINK LIKE THIS: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=19039  ??

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

WTF... BLATANT PLAGIARISM AND CANNOT EVEN BOTHER TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE SOURCE OF INFO WITH A LINK LIKE THIS: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=19039  ??

SERIOUSLY is that the best you can do this day as my famous stalker?

Did I say I wrote that up MYSELF? Trying to be helpful when I read the TS msg. It bother me enough to thinking 2017 we still have people NOT knowing how AIDS spread so just go grab something with a basic list. Early in the morning, one of the last thing I wrote before going to sleep after a long night gaming. It's people like you that is always making it harder for people want to help on forum to stop saying anything good but just stupid sex nonsense and fun. When others try to share information to help, you are the ones there to tear that bridge down. You think you hurt people like me? You hurt those who need the advice and help where it is crucial.

What have you done to help? Beside botching as you usually do scrolling sites to look for things to condemn from behind a computer.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE LONG LIST IT IS NOT WELL FORMATTED. That should be a tell tale sign. IF I want to take credit you think I leave it that way and not make changes and space it out nicely? Credit people? Yes maybe I should in hindsight so what? You been up over 24 hours and still take the trouble to put something in if you can help? If anyone were to ask me where i go this from, you are speculating that I will say I DID IT. You go see my long essays for 10 years where I steal and not take the trouble to write original stuff. If anything that is what define me here and usually I am about helping in one way or another. What have you done lately?

I just copy and paste and I expect anyone to use that to START but to go online to find more... so I have to google and give all the links now as someone is too lazy to do it and come into BW and expect everyone to do all the legwork. Is that what you are saying to win a point. You are not working hard enough to stay being my favorite stalker man. Thus is lousy attacking work, where is that fire to be more convincing at nailing me and hurting me and my reputation.. come on man.. you are scrapping at the bottom of the barrel. Pull up your sock. :P

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Let me teach you a trick STALKER OF MINE about how to check if anyone take credit for someone's writing ... just copy a long paragraph and paste in google and if it was written by someone else it will pop up the links to them.... or didn't you know that is how you can also use it to lead you to more articles.

SO anyone want to take credit for it.. I mean truly take credit for it.. just do that and you catch them out... Stalker spend less time being a narcissistic drama queen pondan and do learn how to catch people if your time is wasted on being the botching diva of a forum you don't even own, don't even have an identity and I guess don't even have a life. You are to be put up as an example of how not to be a human being. The SJW of BW.

Edited by upshot

8 hours ago, Guest Choochoo said:

Wheeeee..... flames flames! 

Sorry to disappoint but I don't flame.. I hardly name call but address with reason in defense of my action.

MY ONLY REASON IF I RESPOND to people like my constant stalkers of the last year who shadow me in BW to attack my message ... I only confront them for ONE GOOD REASON.

I am a strong supporter to TAKE AWAY GUEST MODE in blowing Wind. I do what I can to showcase instances why I hope one day BW might reconsider this option to take it down highlighting each time GUEST MODE is use for abusive toxic reasons then positive participation. The more we highlight this and to reflect on its frequency, maybe it will draw some attention instead of just keep telling the forum owners to take it down with no relevant reason. Be it I have been fighting this for years and it might be years to go and if I am still willing to stay here and contribute. I never ask for glory EVEN IF I CUT AND PASTE.. WHAT GLORY DO I GET. I know you stalkers all think you win some great prizes for doing so but that just show me how BOH LIAO your life is inside here and OUTSIDE. Why not do some good with it and make positive changes instead of giving gays or this BW a bad reputation? Or is that too novel an idea for you guys?

Okay enough friendly chatting with you folk.. back to my gaming......

SORRY FOR HIJACKING THIS THREAD. It was not my intention but AS USUAL here is another example of what GUEST MODE can ruin and suck the air out of a good topic. AIDS is not a joking matter. And Ignorance is not good when it comes to this life threatening illness.

Edited by upshot

Upshot your stalker is probably having pms . Too much free time or maybe your secret admirer but got rejected by you heh.

Lao bitchy auntie with poor eyesight cannot tahan your long post and good intentions .

http://helpline.aidsvancouver.org/what-we-do/helpline/online/hiv-transmission-risk-through-shaving-brush-barber-shop

http://helpline.aidsvancouver.org/question/razor-barbershop-please-help-me-specific-possible

http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/36905.htm

The Power of the Internet to get the answers you need.... and always make comparison on fact checking any given subject. Never take just one site's word on any given subject and run with it. Always VERIFY do some legwork to get the real answer. The above link is still not enough for me and I would go look for more to read but that's just me...I hate being wrong. :P and pay the price of failing.

Edited by upshot

34 minutes ago, tough-guy said:

TO provide some CONTEXT to this article it needs to be stated as disclaimer as shown at the bottom of the article.

" This study has revealed that barbering procedures in Nigeria, particularly in the study area, present the risk for HIV transmission through the use of non-potent disinfectants and improper handling of sharp instruments. The same invasive instruments were used on asymptomatic sero-positive and uninfected individuals. In addition, there were blade-to-scalp contacts in all the sessions. Therefore, barbers could serve as a potential core group for indirect transmission of HIV in the general population. This should be of great concern and calls for prompt and target-group oriented interventions. To effectively control HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, a comprehensive approach has to be adopted with the involvement of all relevant sectors and groups. Barbers should not be left out. It is therefore recommended that enough attention should be given to hygiene practices in barbershops through routine supervision and monitoring by agencies of the government. "

This was a reporting on one of the less-than-likely-apple-to-apple example you can use to relate to Singapore's own context to Nigeria or to any other countries. ...etc

7 hours ago, upshot said:

SERIOUSLY is that the best you can do this day as my famous stalker?

Did I say I wrote that up MYSELF? Trying to be helpful when I read the TS msg. It bother me enough to thinking 2017 we still have people NOT knowing how AIDS spread so just go grab something with a basic list. Early in the morning, one of the last thing I wrote before going to sleep after a long night gaming. It's people like you that is always making it harder for people want to help on forum to stop saying anything good but just stupid sex nonsense and fun. When others try to share information to help, you are the ones there to tear that bridge down. You think you hurt people like me? You hurt those who need the advice and help where it is crucial.

What have you done to help? Beside botching as you usually do scrolling sites to look for things to condemn from behind a computer.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE LONG LIST IT IS NOT WELL FORMATTED. That should be a tell tale sign. IF I want to take credit you think I leave it that way and not make changes and space it out nicely? Credit people? Yes maybe I should in hindsight so what? You been up over 24 hours and still take the trouble to put something in if you can help? If anyone were to ask me where i go this from, you are speculating that I will say I DID IT. You go see my long essays for 10 years where I steal and not take the trouble to write original stuff. If anything that is what define me here and usually I am about helping in one way or another. What have you done lately?

I just copy and paste and I expect anyone to use that to START but to go online to find more... so I have to google and give all the links now as someone is too lazy to do it and come into BW and expect everyone to do all the legwork. Is that what you are saying to win a point. You are not working hard enough to stay being my favorite stalker man. Thus is lousy attacking work, where is that fire to be more convincing at nailing me and hurting me and my reputation.. come on man.. you are scrapping at the bottom of the barrel. Pull up your sock. :P

Let me teach you a trick STALKER OF MINE about how to check if anyone take credit for someone's writing ... just copy a long paragraph and paste in google and if it was written by someone else it will pop up the links to them.... or didn't you know that is how you can also use it to lead you to more articles.

SO anyone want to take credit for it.. I mean truly take credit for it.. just do that and you catch them out... Stalker spend less time being a narcissistic drama queen pondan and do learn how to catch people if your time is wasted on being the botching diva of a forum you don't even own, don't even have an identity and I guess don't even have a life. You are to be put up as an example of how not to be a human being. The SJW of BW.

Sorry to disappoint but I don't flame.. I hardly name call but address with reason in defense of my action.

MY ONLY REASON IF I RESPOND to people like my constant stalkers of the last year who shadow me in BW to attack my message ... I only confront them for ONE GOOD REASON.

I am a strong supporter to TAKE AWAY GUEST MODE in blowing Wind. I do what I can to showcase instances why I hope one day BW might reconsider this option to take it down highlighting each time GUEST MODE is use for abusive toxic reasons then positive participation. The more we highlight this and to reflect on its frequency, maybe it will draw some attention instead of just keep telling the forum owners to take it down with no relevant reason. Be it I have been fighting this for years and it might be years to go and if I am still willing to stay here and contribute. I never ask for glory EVEN IF I CUT AND PASTE.. WHAT GLORY DO I GET. I know you stalkers all think you win some great prizes for doing so but that just show me how BOH LIAO your life is inside here and OUTSIDE. Why not do some good with it and make positive changes instead of giving gays or this BW a bad reputation? Or is that too novel an idea for you guys?

Okay enough friendly chatting with you folk.. back to my gaming......

SORRY FOR HIJACKING THIS THREAD. It was not my intention but AS USUAL here is another example of what GUEST MODE can ruin and suck the air out of a good topic. AIDS is not a joking matter. And Ignorance is not good when it comes to this life threatening illness.

KANNA CAUGHT RED-HANDED PLAGIARIZING, STILL WANT TO WRITE WALLS AFTER WALLS OF TEXT TO ARGUE ARGUE ARGUE.... LACKING INTERGRITY IS ONE MATTER, NOT SEEING OWN FAULT IS ANOTHER MATTER, COME HERE TO ARGUE ARGUE ARGUE EVERYDAY IS THE WORST....

2 hours ago, upshot said:

TO provide some CONTEXT to this article it needs to be stated as disclaimer as shown at the bottom of the article.

" This study has revealed that barbering procedures in Nigeria, particularly in the study area, present the risk for HIV transmission through the use of non-potent disinfectants and improper handling of sharp instruments. The same invasive instruments were used on asymptomatic sero-positive and uninfected individuals. In addition, there were blade-to-scalp contacts in all the sessions. Therefore, barbers could serve as a potential core group for indirect transmission of HIV in the general population. This should be of great concern and calls for prompt and target-group oriented interventions. To effectively control HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, a comprehensive approach has to be adopted with the involvement of all relevant sectors and groups. Barbers should not be left out. It is therefore recommended that enough attention should be given to hygiene practices in barbershops through routine supervision and monitoring by agencies of the government. "

This was a reporting on one of the less-than-likely-apple-to-apple example you can use to relate to Singapore's own context to Nigeria or to any other countries. ...etc

) · 

The study I linked contradicts the above paragraph is misleading (ie "HIv virus can not survive at all in air”)

So, it's up to individual to accept or deny facts.

It's foolish not to consider worst case and assume that Singapore is always more Superior.

Just wonder why Singapore barbers are not using disposable shaving blades.

Here in this less Superior, Malaysia, barbers  gone to disposable blades more than 2 decades ago.

No pun intended

Edited by tough-guy

59 minutes ago, tough-guy said:

) · 

The study I linked contradicts the above paragraph is misleading (ie "HIv virus can not survive at all in air”)

So, it's up to individual to accept or deny facts.

It's foolish not to consider worst case and assume that Singapore is always more Superior.

Just wonder why Singapore barbers are not using disposable shaving blades.

Here in this less Superior, Malaysia, barbers  gone to disposable blades more than 2 decades ago.

No pun intended

You do understand what CONTEXT means right? Its not a judgement on what you link. You do know that. CONTEXT. Not about who is right or wrong here.

There is also such a thing as PERSPECTIVE.  I am not an alarmist. And I feel we should not teach or inform by being an alarmist without at least allowing for context.

Edited by upshot

2 hours ago, tough-guy said:

You win

Not my loss

Lantak lar kau

Ada aku kesah?

She doesn't care if you win or lose.

She only care she wins.

Side track.

Someone here argued that drinking cum has zero risk of HIV infection if there is no sore in the mouth and throat. Naive, right?

He (maybe She) said that the cum goes straight into the stomach and digested there.

Almost all injure or tear up open their gums when brushing teeth, some major, some micro.

Think hard. Unless the recepient doesn't brush his teeth daily.

Alarmist or truth, you think for yourself. I don't need your answer nor opinion

Edited by tough-guy

• 5 months later...
Guest Ongwilson

Last night I went for haircut to my barber down our hdb block. Got cut near my leff ead and bleed for a while. The barber is gay. Would I get hiv from the cut?

Better get tested. Think you have to wait out the cooling period. Not very sure how long.

Do some research online

Funny, not sure why in Singapore, many barbers do not use disposable blade while in Malaysia, disposable blade practice is almost everywhere.

I will not go to a barber who doesn't use the disposable blade

Edited by tough-guy

6 hours ago, Guest Ongwilson said:

Last night I went for haircut to my barber down our hdb block. Got cut near my leff ead and bleed for a while. The barber is gay. Would I get hiv from the cut?

Only if u engaged in unprotected sex with him, otherwise u r fine

I never laughed so hard at a post before xD

Ps

Don't worry, barbers will change their blades after every customer.

93371-mariah-carey-letting-go-gif-jtwc.g

Freelance Reviewer Of Anything

Mariah Carey Gif Spammer

Probably the person you can talk to about anything x

• Guest locked this topic