Male HQ

NINTENDO SWITCH!

geoduckling

On 2017-5-25 at 7:17 PM, geoduckling said:

Lol. Chat died. Anyways, in case anyone is interested in the upcoming ARMS, the free global testing takes place over this weekend. Play sessions last 1hour each. I've converted the timings to our local time. (Coz im helpful that way.)

8am sat(US only) 
8pm sat
2am sun
8am sun
8pm sun
2am mon

thanks! Totally missed the testfire for ARMS. They look hella fun! And also, superstoked for MH XX! Interesting that they mentioned that Switch version is compatible with 3DS version.

This makes it possible for (and IF) the rumoured Pokémon Stars (code name only, that Eurogamer leaked, saying that it will be a port over and Yellow/Platinum version) to be cross generation compatible with 3DS counterpart. 

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

4 hours ago, geoduckling said:

No mario kart for u? haha. Im waiting for Xenoblade2. that was the real reason i got the switch. lol

TBH, I never got into the whole mario kart thing despite it being so popular, not even on the wii :X I generally don't play much racing games haha, unless its with friends

Oooooo me too! But it's gonna be a long wait

This makes it possible for (and IF) the rumoured Pokémon Stars (code name only, that Eurogamer leaked, saying that it will be a port over and Yellow/Platinum version) to be cross generation compatible with 3DS counterpart. 

Could probably be nothing too, I remember Nintendo did the same thing registering Pokemon Gray as a domain when Black/White came out, but we didn't get that (Although we did get B2/W2) So only time will tell... 

Edited by AlVinyl

MH in japanese? I won't even know whats in the menu, much less the thousands of crafting items.. How to memorize? Lol

Praying it will be in multilanguage though. August 25th isnt that long.

11 hours ago, 13579 said:

thanks! Totally missed the testfire for ARMS. They look hella fun! And also, superstoked for MH XX! Interesting that they mentioned that Switch version is compatible with 3DS version.

Would u play Stars? Assuming that u already played sun/moon already. 

Hahaha, MH you only need to craft the important ones, can memorize one. Like Potion + honey = Mega potion, Gun powder + Large barrel = Barrel Bomb L + Scatterfish = Barrel Bomb L +
Some of the items will be in chinese also (Kanji) so that makes it easier :X
I haven't really seen a japanese MH that is multilanguage though, so chances of that is very slim... They usually just make an NA release for it

13 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Hahaha, MH you only need to craft the important ones, can memorize one. Like Potion + honey = Mega potion, Gun powder + Large barrel = Barrel Bomb L + Scatterfish = Barrel Bomb L +
Some of the items will be in chinese also (Kanji) so that makes it easier :X
I haven't really seen a japanese MH that is multilanguage though, so chances of that is very slim... They usually just make an NA release for it

Lol are u forgetting the armour parts n mats? Personally if i pay that much money for a game, the experience i gain from it should be as smooth enjoyable and stressfree as possible. How to enjoy a game not even knowing how to navigate the main menu? Lol but to each his own. I wouldn't even play the game in chinese. Haha

Apparently quite a number of jap game releases for Switch so far do have multilanguage.  So.. We can always hope. Haha

Hahaha yeah, monster parts etc I just whack and whack till the monster drops it xD 

You think Xenoblades 2 will have multilanguage? I hope so, so we don't have to wait for an english release... 

I'm also hoping for a Story of seasons series for switch too (formerly known as Harvest Moon)

Those can really take the time away :X

2 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Hahaha yeah, monster parts etc I just whack and whack till the monster drops it xD 

You think Xenoblades 2 will have multilanguage? I hope so, so we don't have to wait for an english release... 

I'm also hoping for a Story of seasons series for switch too (formerly known as Harvest Moon)

Those can really take the time away :X

Pray to whatever deity u believe in for xenoblade2.. Lol.. I can't wait for it... Although I'm still a little irked at the change of character artstyle.

I was gonna comment abt how we have such similar taste in games until u mentioned harvest moon. LOL!!  I never got that genre.. At all. Hahah

15 hours ago, geoduckling said:

Pray to whatever deity u believe in for xenoblade2.. Lol.. I can't wait for it... Although I'm still a little irked at the change of character artstyle.

I was gonna comment abt how we have such similar taste in games until u mentioned harvest moon. LOL!!  I never got that genre.. At all. Hahah

Maybe they are trying to attract a larger demograph of players to the game? Nowadays very popular to have like young teenage look for the heroes

Hahaha, its okay, we still got some similarity in games :X I don't know, it's like after some action packed games like MH, playing a game like HM can relax my mind, LOL

4 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Maybe they are trying to attract a larger demograph of players to the game? Nowadays very popular to have like young teenage look for the heroes

Hahaha, its okay, we still got some similarity in games :X I don't know, it's like after some action packed games like MH, playing a game like HM can relax my mind, LOL

Oh.. My issue is not with the age of the characters.. Its the visual style. They changed character designer. It's going for a much more anime aesthetic now... Very TALES-like. .. Which i am not a fan of. I like the style of xenoblade 1..  N all the prev Xeno series.. From xenogears right to chroniclesX.

2 hours ago, geoduckling said:

Oh.. My issue is not with the age of the characters.. Its the visual style. They changed character designer. It's going for a much more anime aesthetic now... Very TALES-like. .. Which i am not a fan of. I like the style of xenoblade 1..  N all the prev Xeno series.. From xenogears right to chroniclesX.

Well, I like this new artstyle over what Chronicles X had... creepy plastic doll x.x

I went to dig out information about the artist too, apparently he did character design for an anime film called "Expelled from Paradise" too, and after watching that, I'm liking the new artstyle more compared to X, this one has a clean cut look. Just my two cents of course. 

2 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Well, I like this new artstyle over what Chronicles X had... creepy plastic doll x.x

I went to dig out information about the artist too, apparently he did character design for an anime film called "Expelled from Paradise" too, and after watching that, I'm liking the new artstyle more compared to X, this one has a clean cut look. Just my two cents of course. 

expelled from paradise.. Hehhe U enjoy all the gratuitous excessive boob and ass shots? Hahaha. Kidding btw.

X's issue wasnt the character design itself. It just didnt translate well into 3D with the shaders they were using.

16 hours ago, geoduckling said:

expelled from paradise.. Hehhe U enjoy all the gratuitous excessive boob and ass shots? Hahaha. Kidding btw.

X's issue wasnt the character design itself. It just didnt translate well into 3D with the shaders they were using.

Which anime isn't mostly fanservice nowadays? HAHAHAHA

All I know is some of the npc in X downright just creeps me out, lol, like some creepy plastic doll feel.

How was ARMs btw? I didn't get to play it during the free period, sad... Playing disgaea 5 now while waiting for new games...

16 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Which anime isn't mostly fanservice nowadays? HAHAHAHA

All I know is some of the npc in X downright just creeps me out, lol, like some creepy plastic doll feel.

How was ARMs btw? I didn't get to play it during the free period, sad... Playing disgaea 5 now while waiting for new games...

Arms is fun! But I hardly ever purchase versus fighting games... So still undecided on this one.  Theres another round of test punch this weekend.. So dont miss out. Exact same timings as last weekend.  Disgaea is exactly the same as the ps4 version right? 

Edited by geoduckling

1 hour ago, geoduckling said:

Arms is fun! But I hardly ever purchase versus fighting games... So still undecided on this one.  Theres another round of test punch this weekend.. So dont miss out. Exact same timings as last weekend.  Disgaea is exactly the same as the ps4 version right? 

Yeap, the same. I didn't get to play it on PS4, so figured why not :P

Oh and MH XX edition of Switch design is released, tempting to buy , if only I hadn't bought Switch already :(

On 6/2/2017 at 0:53 AM, AlVinyl said:

Yeap, the same. I didn't get to play it on PS4, so figured why not :P

Oh and MH XX edition of Switch design is released, tempting to buy , if only I hadn't bought Switch already :(

Yeap.. I saw it. Would be more attractive if the joycons were a fancy colour. Lol.  Im tempted to get the neon yellows...

23 hours ago, geoduckling said:

Yeap.. I saw it. Would be more attractive if the joycons were a fancy colour. Lol.  Im tempted to get the neon yellows...

Yeah the yellow one looks nice!

I wished they would have made it red and green or something (Rathalos and Rathian)
Better than a monotone grey... But still tempting :X

5 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Yeah the yellow one looks nice!

I wished they would have made it red and green or something (Rathalos and Rathian)
Better than a monotone grey... But still tempting :X

Oh. Interesting idea..  Though im more inclined to Tigrex Stripes!!! Imagine how kickass thats gonna look! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, orionmiz said:

Anyone here watched the Nintendo e3?

Oh well, can't wait for Super Mario Odyssey... :P

Also, there will be a new Pokémon "core RPG" game (which is not Pokémon Stars) exclusively for Switch. Not sure what is it going to be like though.

Core game, most likely a main series. I got no money to buy Switch just to play that game. I'm only interested in Pokemon, so no other franchises fancy me.

1 hour ago, ArchDragon said:

Core game, most likely a main series. I got no money to buy Switch just to play that game. I'm only interested in Pokemon, so no other franchises fancy me.

Core game is as ArchDragon said, the main series. Gamefreak only develops the main series, and I wanted to say I am both surprised and not surprised. Surprised because they finally confirmed and has begun developing, not surprised because Ishihara-san mentioned that before Switch got announced. 

Most likely Switch will drop its price by a little so that more people can afford it to play most of its games. I am thrilled to see mario Odyssey, Metroid 4, Kirby and Yoshi games coming to Switch. Hopefully we'll get to see more information about the new game for Switch (most likely gen 8).

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, if anyone wants to buy switch, best if you buy it overseas if you can, like Bangkok or Japan. Since it's region free, no worries. Switch is severely overpriced in sg still, thanks to Maxsoft >.>

On 02/07/2017 at 4:17 PM, AlVinyl said:

Btw, if anyone wants to buy switch, best if you buy it overseas if you can, like Bangkok or Japan. Since it's region free, no worries. Switch is severely overpriced in sg still, thanks to Maxsoft >.>

also can buy in Hong Kong. about 420 SGD in Hong Kong. also game and accessories.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, Gyuram said:

Any recommendations? Arms and Splatoon 2, which is a better deal or buy?

it really depends on which genre appeals to you more. Did u try the testpunch/testfires they had before the games were released?  That would be a good indication of the gameplay.

Both are competitive-centric  games, but one is a shooter and the other a versus fighter. I was never a fan of either genre.. but splatoon just turned out to be so much fun. lol

Guest Gyuram
6 hours ago, geoduckling said:

it really depends on which genre appeals to you more. Did u try the testpunch/testfires they had before the games were released?  That would be a good indication of the gameplay.

Both are competitive-centric  games, but one is a shooter and the other a versus fighter. I was never a fan of either genre.. but splatoon just turned out to be so much fun. lol

I missed out on both test fires. I guess I'm just going to choose one and buy the physical copy.If I don't like it at least I can let it go on carousell. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, geoduckling said:
On 8/9/2017 at 0:47 PM, Ivan Lim said:

eh really?  no one responded for so long so i assumed it was one of those pple from my old 3ds "friends list"   

SO... it's YOU~~....  u wait...  revenge is on it's way

hehe!!! don't angry la~~~~ one day we'll team up together one!! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.