Male HQ

Lose weight

AlifBttm

Hi, i just want to check. Currently i have breathing problem plus have an asthma. I want to lose weight but i been trying to do cardio but always 1 round, i already cant breathe properly. Do u guys know why?

Breathing problem? What kind? have you seen a doctor and has approval been given to exercise? Depending on the severity of asthma and breathing problems, it can impede the level of limitation that restrains exercise intensity at submaximal level. For well-controlled asthma and breathing problems (subjected to approval by a medical practitioner), aerobic exercises such as walking, cycling and even swimming (highly recommended), should be performed at a comfortable pace (11-13 out of 20 scale), 1-2 sessions, 3-5 days/week, 30 min in duration per session. As time progresses, work on increasing duration first (increase frequency of the sessions), then intensity. Regular participation of aerobic exercises would be useful in improving cardiovascular health and will help to facilitate improvement and be less sensitive to irregular breathing problems.

6 hours ago, xydboy said:

Breathing problem? What kind? have you seen a doctor and has approval been given to exercise? Depending on the severity of asthma and breathing problems, it can impede the level of limitation that restrains exercise intensity at submaximal level. For well-controlled asthma and breathing problems (subjected to approval by a medical practitioner), aerobic exercises such as walking, cycling and even swimming (highly recommended), should be performed at a comfortable pace (11-13 out of 20 scale), 1-2 sessions, 3-5 days/week, 30 min in duration per session. As time progresses, work on increasing duration first (increase frequency of the sessions), then intensity. Regular participation of aerobic exercises would be useful in improving cardiovascular health and will help to facilitate improvement and be less sensitive to irregular breathing problems.

@xydboy thank u for giving me some tips.. i guess i have to start small.. I cant do cardio much like jog n all.. Swimming worst, i cant even swim.. hehehehe.. For now i just want to concentrate on my health and breathing.. Thank you once again..

15 hours ago, AlifBttm said:

@xydboy thank u for giving me some tips.. i guess i have to start small.. I cant do cardio much like jog n all.. Swimming worst, i cant even swim.. hehehehe.. For now i just want to concentrate on my health and breathing.. Thank you once again..

Go on low intensity first then slowly work your way. All the best.

3 hours ago, xydboy said:

Go on low intensity first then slowly work your way. All the best.

@xydboy thank u.. Will try my best.. Last Monday and Tuesday I had my night run and it was terrible.. 1st day I could not even settle 1km but 2nd day i force myself and hit only 1.1km but at the end my breathing just a disturbance.. haizzzz

6 hours ago, azimuth said:

I noticed that you did not mention if you have seen a doctor to obtain approval for exercise. You may wish to consider that, and if you have asthma, do remember to bring it along when you run outdoors, just in case.

@azimuth i did see doctor previously which is last year but doctor told me i can do workout and all.. no issue..  i want bring the inhaler but i try not to bring alot of stuff when go jog.. hehehe

On 26/02/2017 at 2:23 AM, AlifBttm said:

@xydboy thank u.. Will try my best.. Last Monday and Tuesday I had my night run and it was terrible.. 1st day I could not even settle 1km but 2nd day i force myself and hit only 1.1km but at the end my breathing just a disturbance.. haizzzz

You're doing great! 1km is still better than nothing. Remember to warm up, go slow if you have to and if you really can't, just keep walking :)

What's your height and weight btw?

45 minutes ago, limpeh said:

You're doing great! 1km is still better than nothing. Remember to warm up, go slow if you have to and if you really can't, just keep walking :)

What's your height and weight btw?

@limpeh thank u for the kind words. Yup i trying my best if i cant jog then go to a slower pace and subsequently if cant then i walk.. But now I always if cant jog i just have that habit of just stop basically no walking. Btw My current Height is 174 and Weight 92kg. Previous Weight is 99Kg before I hit the gym. After hitting the Gym, i lose weight and till date I maintain that 92Kg.

23 hours ago, AlifBttm said:

@limpeh thank u for the kind words. Yup i trying my best if i cant jog then go to a slower pace and subsequently if cant then i walk.. But now I always if cant jog i just have that habit of just stop basically no walking. Btw My current Height is 174 and Weight 92kg. Previous Weight is 99Kg before I hit the gym. After hitting the Gym, i lose weight and till date I maintain that 92Kg.

CONGRATS! You're doing great! How long did you take to lose that 7kg and how long have you plateaued?

Remember, what you eat matters just as much. Maybe you could share with us what your food intake is like? Don't worry, we won't judge! We all start somewhere in our fitness journey. :)

6 hours ago, limpeh said:

CONGRATS! You're doing great! How long did you take to lose that 7kg and how long have you plateaued?

Remember, what you eat matters just as much. Maybe you could share with us what your food intake is like? Don't worry, we won't judge! We all start somewhere in our fitness journey. :)

@limpeh thank u for your kind words and u do make my day. Well it took me 3 month plus to lose that weight. I dont really care about food that time as let me tell you abit about me. My family is those where if my mum cook must eat. If not parents will feel that their cooking is not nice eventhough how much you tell them you want to lose weight. So when i still go gym, I just lesser my rice intake where try to take instead of 1 full plate of rice, i take half plate. Also I tried not to skip meal. Trying my best to avoid tidbits from office. Hope this does answer your question @limpeh hehehehehe

• 1 month later...

Dont listen to anyone advise on how to exercise unless your doctor approve it. From your earlier post i can see your problem. You need to let your family members understand the importance of health and not must eat everything being cooked. If need to u can try to act depress in front of them. Tell them u are being bully cause of over weight etc. Do whatever u needed to let them understand your situation. Your life and your health is in your hands. Do let yourself take control of it and not control by others.

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.