Male HQ

Your Thoughts when Stuck Driving in a Traffic Jam

calcinus

Hi,

Just curious about your thoughts when stuck driving in a traffic jam.

I admit I can be an impatient person. When I was stuck in a traffic jam and got to know it was due to accident, I cannot help but feel a little pissed. Having said, it does not mean I am cold-blooded, I do pray that whoever been caught in the accident is okie, but I still vent about it...To me, all drivers carry responsibilities to be safe on the road. Everytime there is an accident, I cant help but think that as accidents happened mostly due to neligience or recklessness. Accidents cause problem:

1) Hundreds or thousands of drivers are stuck on the road because of the accidents...so many people times are wasted. People are rushing home for their loved ones, some are caregiver who needs to fetch childrens, look after their elderly.

2) People can be tired after work and hope to reach home in time to rest and spend quality time with family. They dont deserve to have their time wasted like that...

3) Ambulances may be stuck on the road and failed to send the patients for emergency treatment.

Sigh, I cannot help but sometimes feel pissed about those careless or reckless drivers. Just curious to know how your thoughts...dont flame me, I am just sharing my view only... thanks :)

I am impatient too, especially to road hog - bright nice Sunday morning, 9am...Auntie in beautiful hairdo, do less than 80km/h on ECP lane 1 in her equally beautiful 5 series.

I choose to overtake her on lane 2 and not let her spoil my day. Same goes during traffic jams. Sometimes, by the time you saw it on EMAS signboard, you are already stuck -  few things I can do:

- Sing along (if your favourite songs are played)

- Text your friends/family that I will be late (since vehicle is not moving, is legal to text)

- Make a call to settle those unfinished business/personal stuff.

- Look around the surrounding buildings, trees and see if there is anything interesting.

- Pray and give thanks to God (which ever religion you have) that you are not the one involved in the accident. You maybe a safe driver, but the idiot behind isn't! I was a victim of such before.

You maybe a safe driver, but the idiot behind isn't!

Dont flame me...

but when I see reckless drivers, I sometimes wish they get involve in an accident.,,, down the road,

I know its not right..,oh.... but it feels so good.

Ive sinned. Im sorry for not being a better person

Edited by FluteGuan

On 01/03/2017 at 1:31 PM, FluteGuan said:

You maybe a safe driver, but the idiot behind isn't!

Dont flame me...

but when I see reckless drivers, I sometimes wish they get involve in an accident.,,, down the road,

I know its not right..,oh.... but it feels so good.

Ive sinned. Im sorry for not being a better person

They can have accidents anywhere -  just leave me alone. Lol.

• 1 month later...

Traffic jams are norm and SG ones ain't that bad compared to some other countries.

But road hogs and inconsiderate driving are the biggest pains for me 

• cuting lanes without signalling :angry2:
  • parking at the side of the road coz it's "only for a while" :doh:
  • waiting for parking space in a mall, holding up traffic :frustrated:

The first thing that comes to mind is "fuck, this again..."

my head will probably run ways to get out of it but usually there's not much you can do. So I'll just turn up the volume and blast the music, windows down. I'll probably look like some nut case in the car but whatever, what else do I have to do. Silver linings I suppose. I don't enjoy being in jams but if it happens it happens. I don't see a point in being all angry and frustrated about it, I'm sure the people involved didn't want to cause this. So no point because angry at them. Accidents happen:)

Edited by dynox

Guest Guest
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:07 PM, calcinus said:

Hi,

Just curious about your thoughts when stuck driving in a traffic jam.

I admit I can be an impatient person. When I was stuck in a traffic jam and got to know it was due to accident, I cannot help but feel a little pissed. Having said, it does not mean I am cold-blooded, I do pray that whoever been caught in the accident is okie, but I still vent about it...To me, all drivers carry responsibilities to be safe on the road. Everytime there is an accident, I cant help but think that as accidents happened mostly due to neligience or recklessness. Accidents cause problem:

1) Hundreds or thousands of drivers are stuck on the road because of the accidents...so many people times are wasted. People are rushing home for their loved ones, some are caregiver who needs to fetch childrens, look after their elderly.

2) People can be tired after work and hope to reach home in time to rest and spend quality time with family. They dont deserve to have their time wasted like that...

3) Ambulances may be stuck on the road and failed to send the patients for emergency treatment.

Sigh, I cannot help but sometimes feel pissed about those careless or reckless drivers. Just curious to know how your thoughts...dont flame me, I am just sharing my view only... thanks :)

My thoughts? Why cannot our milliin dollar ministers solve this grave issue? Our cars are the most expensive in the world. This is an easy solution but yet...

• 2 weeks later...

"Keep clam, keep calm."

That is what I always remind myself, to prevent any unwanted rash act which would cause me to regret.

I hate drivers who try to overtake you on merging lane, towards expressway etc. For fuck!? Can't wait to go to hell? Then go alone and don't endanger others.

The other group of drivers who I dislike most is the one who simply refuses to use their signal light. Is it that difficult to let other people know your intention?

Of course there are also the tailgaters who are waiting to kiss your ass any moment and drivers who those who speed up when they see that you are trying to cut into their lane.....

• Guest locked this topic