Male HQ

Barcelona / Andora / Lisbon / Porto

ctglobal

Anyone visited Barcelona / Andora / Lisbon / Porto in Spain and Portugal (respectively)?

Wondering about things to see, do, and er... perhaps even avoid.  Upcoming trip in the cards so would be good to learn more so I can maximise time.  Anyone have any suggestions or also going that region?

• 1 month later...
On 03/03/2017 at 9:40 AM, ctglobal said:

Anyone visited Barcelona / Andora / Lisbon / Porto in Spain and Portugal (respectively)?

Wondering about things to see, do, and er... perhaps even avoid.  Upcoming trip in the cards so would be good to learn more so I can maximise time.  Anyone have any suggestions or also going that region?

Sorry for this late reply, I don't surf often on this forum.

All depends of your centers of interest, but here are a few suggestions:

1- Barcelona:

Picasso museum, and contemporary art museum

Cathedral (in Barrio Gotico)

Ramblas

Sagrada Familia cathedral (by Gaudi), plus other houses by Gaudi in town, if you are interested in modern architecture

Barrio Chino (ex "red district"), now a touristical area, with an active night life (gay, but not only).

Prefer an hotel downtown.

2- Lisboa:

Museum Vieira da Silva

Alfama (old district)

Any club where they sing "fado", their typical songs

Torre de Belem (out of town but interesting perspective and "Manuelin" architecture)

Here too, prefer an hotel downtown.

About Porto and Andorra, I'm afraid my tips are expired...

Hope this helps.

Buen viaje! ( = "Have a nice trip")

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Sorry for this late reply, I don't surf often on this forum.

All depends of your centers of interest, but here are a few suggestions:

1- Barcelona:

Picasso museum, and contemporary art museum

Cathedral (in Barrio Gotico)

Ramblas

Sagrada Familia cathedral (by Gaudi), plus other houses by Gaudi in town, if you are interested in modern architecture

Barrio Chino (ex "red district"), now a touristical area, with an active night life (gay, but not only).

Prefer an hotel downtown.

2- Lisboa:

Museum Vieira da Silva

Alfama (old district)

Any club where they sing "fado", their typical songs

Torre de Belem (out of town but interesting perspective and "Manuelin" architecture)

Here too, prefer an hotel downtown.

About Porto and Andorra, I'm afraid my tips are expired...

Hope this helps.

Buen viaje! ( = "Have a nice trip")

Thanks so much sir, that's great!

Just google "Tripadvisor Lisbon attractions" and "Tripadvisor Barcelona attractions" and you'll see the user ranking of top attractions, as well as all kinds of useful tips.  I use that site a lot when visiting new places.  Highly recommend you download the app -- its well integrated and is even better tool than the website.  

Yup, have done Tripadvisor previously, but I find a lot of the "common" sites feature heavily (the biggies where you're gonna get large influx of travellers).  I am hoping to find stuff a bit more off-the-beaten-track, the kind of thing someone would have stumbled upon or been introduced to on their own trip that was memorable.  You know, the magical stuff that really "makes" the trip, vs. another site to tick off kind of affair.  Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.