Male HQ

Why I am still Single at 22?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Help guys, I have been single for my entire 22 years. Had been wooed by quite a number of ladies, but did not end up having progression with any. 1 year later, I realised I really love one of the lady, but she has already got a man -.- We still kept in touch closely like best friends, I believe we still have feelings for each other. 

But I decided to I shifted my attention to dating guys. Fell in love with my ONS, and realised that he is not intending to have any further relation than that. Having fun can be quite an enjoyable moment, but isn't what I'm looking for. 

I think the issue lies within me when it's with female. As for male-male, majority of the guys aren't looking into a Long term relationship I guess?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fat and ugly. 

You're 22. Still a lot of time to explore!

Go explore and make as many friends as you can, while you can. Go out. Enjoy life as it comes to you. Explore your sexuality a bit more. Find out what your fetishes are, what you like to do in bed, what you don't like to do as well.

Why the rush to settle down? At 22 you should be either still getting your degree or starting out your career. Make full use of that time to enjoy the process rather than bogging yourself down with responsibilities.

Take this time to save and have lots more road trips. The world is your oyster. Use the opportunity of youth to seek new experiences, or learn a new language, or immerse and learn about a new culture.

I'm sure by the time you reach 27-30 you'd be such a catch you don't know who to choose. Maturity and experience, above everything else, is the sexiest trait in any person you can find. Hone those traits.

Good luck!

• G_M changed the title to Why I am still Single at 22?
Guest Supertrooper
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Noted that you're not far and ugly but are you like them?

gay_dance.gif

Lol. 22. I'm 23 and I couldn't care less about being in a relationship. Have had a few of them. I have degrees to get, jobs to find, hobbies to invest time in, personal projects to explore, and so many places to see. The world is so big, with infinite possibilities.

while I'm not opposed to being in a relationship, I don't actively chase for one. Love can't be forced. Sure I chat with guys from time to time and maybe even meet up with some, but never with the intention of being in a relationship. It's more casual friends if anything. I get the need for companionship and I wouldn't deny that it does get lonely sometimes.

I'm not defined by who I'm with - male or female. I don't need someone to make me feel good or comfort me or support me. You need to be able to do it yourself, and only seek help when you can't take it on those rare occasions - not bitch about every damn little problem. Being away from sex and relationships these past 3 years has allowed me to grow as a person and develop a stronger sense of independence. But that's just my way of doing things, even if you desperately need a relationship, be more optimistic. How can we tell you that there's something wrong with you? Most of us don't even know you. Without context, you'll only get generic answers which i'm pretty sure isn't going to be much help.

And as for guys not wanting relationships, that's simply not true; you just have to know where to look. And girls, from my experience, want relationships for the wrong reasons - while this isn't indicative of all of them, it does feel like the majority; much like your opinion of guys not wanting relationships.

good luck, and I hope you find what you need.

and that last line, really? I prefer dating beefy and meaty guys because they have more self confidence and less pride... just saying... being fat doesn't make you less desirable... jeez... and as for the ugly thing, subjective dude... for all I know you could be ugly to me and I could be ugly to you. 

Edited by dynox

I know someone who die die must have a boyfriend. He started as early at 22/23 years old. One after another didn't last long. As always quite common he falls under the category of people falling in love for the wrong reasons and breaking up too soon each time. You are still growing up. Grow up first before even thinking about a partner. Take care of yourself first. Else your relationship ''resume'' like a job hopper applying for a job. Siao.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think the issue lies within me when it's with female. As for male-male, majority of the guys aren't looking into a Long term relationship I guess?

Well not really for this statement. Any human being (unless they're sure they won't want a relationship) will probably wants to have one, straight or otherwise.

Will you be my valentine's? :D

Guest Guest

Thank you guys for the advice. Brought some light to me. I'm actually a mentally strong guy, just that sometimes I feel lonely, seeing people having a partner by their side. Even my friends that I'm extremely close to, I don't really meet up with them unless they initiate (as they themselves have to accompany their bf and gf).

I shall enjoy my youth and chase after my dream of travelling around the world. Once again, thank you =D

@Guest supertrooper Nah, I'm totally straight acting.

2 hours ago, dynox said:

Lol. 22. I'm 23 and I couldn't care less about being in a relationship. Have had a few of them. I have degrees to get, jobs to find, hobbies to invest time in, personal projects to explore, and so many places to see. The world is so big, with infinite possibilities.

while I'm not opposed to being in a relationship, I don't actively chase for one. Love can't be forced. Sure I chat with guys from time to time and maybe even meet up with some, but never with the intention of being in a relationship. It's more casual friends if anything. I get the need for companionship and I wouldn't deny that it does get lonely sometimes.

I'm not defined by who I'm with - male or female. I don't need someone to make me feel good or comfort me or support me. You need to be able to do it yourself, and only seek help when you can't take it on those rare occasions - not bitch about every damn little problem. Being away from sex and relationships these past 3 years has allowed me to grow as a person and develop a stronger sense of independence. But that's just my way of doing things, even if you desperately need a relationship, be more optimistic. How can we tell you that there's something wrong with you? Most of us don't even know you. Without context, you'll only get generic answers which i'm pretty sure isn't going to be much help.

And as for guys not wanting relationships, that's simply not true; you just have to know where to look. And girls, from my experience, want relationships for the wrong reasons - while this isn't indicative of all of them, it does feel like the majority; much like your opinion of guys not wanting relationships.

and that last line, really? I prefer dating beefy and meaty guys because they have more self confidence and less pride... just saying... being fat doesn't make you less desirable... jeez... and as for the ugly thing, subjective dude... for all I know you could be ugly to me and I could be ugly to you. 

Totally well said, fully agreed. 

There are so much more things in life to enjoy instead of actively wasting time to chase for a relationship to define yourself. Spend these time thinking of getting in a relationship to improve yourself, once you improve yourself as a person, you will definitely become more attractive as a person.

22 is still young, spend more time being a better version of yourself, desperate people are a huge turn off

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Help guys, I have been single for my entire 22 years. Had been wooed by quite a number of ladies, but did not end up having progression with any. 1 year later, I realised I really love one of the lady, but she has already got a man -.- We still kept in touch closely like best friends, I believe we still have feelings for each other. 

But I decided to I shifted my attention to dating guys. Fell in love with my ONS, and realised that he is not intending to have any further relation than that. Having fun can be quite an enjoyable moment, but isn't what I'm looking for. 

You are not fat. Maybe obese? Body smelly? Bad hair? 

14 hours ago, dynox said:

superbly written and well-considered.  good to know there are some good young chaps with their heads screwed on.  please clone yourself a few million times.  we need more people like you.  

Though most people think that at age 22, TS should spend time building his career, make more friends, go out & see the world,.... there is no clear age definition on when one should starting yearning for a bf. Is age 22 too young? I have friends who yearn for if at age 30+ & they are still yearning now after 20 years have passed.

I myself started yearning at the age of 28. As a result, I started actively 'head hunting' for the right candidate. I met/corresponded (those days are via emails) with more than 300 guys, with certain days I met up to 3 guys a day. Some sessions are like a 10-15 mins interview! I kept a good database of the 300 guys. Lol.. Most people would think that I am crazy. But eventually, I did had my first relationship which lasted for 3.5 years & my currentl one is more than 10 years & still counting. Life has been very kind & beautiful to me.

My point is this, it is not wrong to yearn for a relationship regardless of what age you are. Most importantly, instead of you looking for someone to fiulfil your needs or to rescue you out of your problematic life, it should be an attitude of you have something to share, to care & to love. 

Come back n ask this question when u r 52.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic