Male HQ

How to make yourself happy

Guest Sharma

Guest Sharma

I had a panic/emotional attack last 2 weekends. I glued myself to Youtube for 2 hours and watched comedies/fun stuff. I needed to laugh and cheer myself up. I felt good. Perhaps it might help you, too to watch comedies just to laugh. They might not solve any issues you might have but least help to cheer you up a bit.  

i agree - it's one of the ways i de-stress myself too. currently im so into Dunham with his puppet "Achmed the Dead Terrorist" -just so funny.

Edited by Asy

True. Laughing doesn't solve any problem but making living liveable. Very good quick therapy to help us feel better when we don't have anyone to confide to or when we don't want to confide with people who are quick to point fingers and judge us.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Guest

Growing up speaking cantonese and watching cantonese drama and movie. So whenever i do something on my computer or doing some handworks, i will open youtube and find all these old cantonese movie. Some have rewatched many times. Sometimes just very comfortable hearing the cantonese language or maybe spoken by familiar actor or actresses. Or maybe because i  dont feel lonely when i see or hear them speaking. It makes me happy, or smthg to look forward to. 

14 hours ago, Guest Sharma said:

I had a panic/emotional attack last 2 weekends. I glued myself to Youtube for 2 hours and watched comedies/fun stuff. I needed to laugh and cheer myself up. I felt good. Perhaps it might help you, too to watch comedies just to laugh. They might not solve any issues you might have but least help to cheer you up a bit.  

Thanks for the idea... will try that. I'm in a depression state... panic/anxiety attack n emotionally not stable.... that's me for the past few months... i cried easily whenever i have that emotional feelings of missing him soo much.... 

I find Youtube very interesting. It has everything I hoped to see and learn and depending on my mood and naughtiness, I watched funny videos too.  Sometime, I left comments there and got surprised reply from the most popular youtuber I never thought I will get.  What a simple pleasure.  If you are sad, that is the place to visit instead of always listening to our msm news.  In fact, I find Singapore msm very depressing to watch and listen because I don't agree with everything that was reported. 

Probably good to avoid romantic materials - songs, movies, poems etc if one feeling down because of unfulfilled love. Keeping busy. Working out. Picking up new hobbies.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Bonfire

Having a buddy to confide the negativity of life and to share happy moments together... Maybe happiness comes when loneliness retreats..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alien from Pluto
On 05/04/2017 at 2:54 PM, auscent said:

Cook a cafe-like breakfast for myself.

What is cafe-like breakfast? Never been to a cafe before because very expensive.

Sometimes happiness is going to McD, buy a cone ice-cream and lick it. Sometimes happiness is doing simple things. 

1a0057ebe1979d198fc50d85d92a54a4.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

There are many ways how to make yourself happy.

If you are religious, we pray so that the unhappiness goes away and look forward for better things to come. :pray:

If you like food, eat come comfort food like dark chocolate. Chocolate releases several neurotransmitters that have positive effects on human feelings (that is, they make people happy). One of these is phenylethlyamine, which causes alertness and a degree of excitement, quickens the pulse rate, and makes you happy.:thumb:

If you like shopping, go window shopping and try out clothes that you think you look good in and then not buy it. The few private moments in the changing room with the nice clothes makes you happy. :wub:

If you nature, go to Gardens By The Bay. Pay annual fee of $68 with benefits or $20 for two Conservatories. Enjoy the nice cool air especially after sunset. Shiok.:D

Personally, I would go to the Gardens By The Bay. Enjoy the cool air in the Conservatories and the OCBC Skyway to enjoy the view of Marian Bay Sands and Shenton Way. :P

11 minutes ago, jlone said:

I need someone I like to make me happy!

Will you look for happiness from someone else when that person no longer able to give you happiness whatever happiness means to you or you no longer like that person whatever the liking as you defined yourself? It is a disaster when we rely our happiness on someone. 

Edited by iamziz

― J'son M. Lee 

9 hours ago, iamziz said:

Will you look for happiness from someone else when that person no longer able to give you happiness whatever happiness means to you or you no longer like that person whatever the liking as you defined yourself? It is a disaster when we rely our happiness on someone. 

I had to learnd it the hard way to know about this.... :(

Pray for me to get recovered soon....

1 minute ago, ZKT279 said:

I had to learnd it the hard way to know about this.... :(

Pray for me to get recovered soon....

My sincere hope and prayer you will get out of this misery soon. Big Hugs.

― J'son M. Lee 

• Guest locked this topic