Male HQ

My Experience from Masseur on BW Thread

SHUANG SPA

Been to Shuang Spa twice. Both times are during their happy hour where u can choose between something or extra massage time. Obviously went for extra time.

Both experience are fairly ok. The first time room was bigger and the second room was much smaller. Felt abit cramp. There is attached shower, tiles are black so kind of make me feel it’s not clean. Haha I OCD.

Massage are ok, if you are looking for acupressure point pressing, might not be the place for you to come.

they finished slightly early or on time. For me, I will probably go back if I’m around the area and can’t find a good home-based masseur cause around the area there is. 😃

Experience: 7/10

Ambience: 7/10

Technique: 5.5/10

Cleanliness: 6.5/10

FRIENDS_TS

Recently also tried this home based masseur. 2.5 months of no massage during circuit breaker. Going once a week but making sure the massuer have in check in place.

7-10mins walk from the Train Station. Not too far but also not very near. The home is clean and I was usher into the massage room. Though it’s near the corridor but there was no sound when massage was been done.

showers are allow and the towels are really soft. The only minus for me is that I have to walk past the main door and windows to get to the toilet, which mean I might have a chance to bump into the neigbour only with a towel though there is a mesh curtain. Yeah.

Water was served before massage so I could sip and I was ready for the massage. His technique and skill are not too bad. Enough strength and you can get him to moderate. It’s also not acupressure, more strokes and run rather than press. There were points I also fell asleep as I was tired and my muscles are sore.

massage done on massage bed, oil is been used. Music played from laptop.

i would say overall it’s good. And I’m happy to return for second time as the price is affordable too.

Experience: 8/10

Ambience: 7.5/10

Technique: 8/10

Cleanliness: 8/10

Pricing: 8/10

4 hours ago, Loverofmassage said:

FRIENDS_TS

Recently also tried this home based masseur. 2.5 months of no massage during circuit breaker. Going once a week but making sure the massuer have in check in place.

7-10mins walk from the Train Station. Not too far but also not very near. The home is clean and I was usher into the massage room. Though it’s near the corridor but there was no sound when massage was been done.

showers are allow and the towels are really soft. The only minus for me is that I have to walk past the main door and windows to get to the toilet, which mean I might have a chance to bump into the neigbour only with a towel though there is a mesh curtain. Yeah.

Water was served before massage so I could sip and I was ready for the massage. His technique and skill are not too bad. Enough strength and you can get him to moderate. It’s also not acupressure, more strokes and run rather than press. There were points I also fell asleep as I was tired and my muscles are sore.

massage done on massage bed, oil is been used. Music played from laptop.

i would say overall it’s good. And I’m happy to return for second time as the price is affordable too.

Experience: 8/10

Ambience: 7.5/10

Technique: 8/10

Cleanliness: 8/10

Pricing: 8/10

Where is this?

I have never had a good experience so far with home masseurs.. maybe cos im spoilt by the extra touches given chinatown outlets. 

I will try again maybe on friday with someone in east r.....and i hope it will be good.

But its true that a good experience depends on who the masseur is.  If they are good..word will get around.

First time writing “review” here so pardon me if English is not that perfect. I’m not going to mention the name but it’s located @ Bedok north so figure out if you can 😉 

Did went to him for a few times previously so I went back again. There was candles on the table and I leave it quite far away from the candles before I went to wash up to prepare for massage. Everything went on smoothly during the massage till I heard coughing. I mean it’s okay since his throat might be itchy or something. He suddenly sneeze halfway through the massage and I can feel abit of the mucus on my back???? Lol that was the last straw for me and just hoping everything will end ASAP. 

The massage ended and I went to wash up. Was taking my stuff on the table and I realised my bag’s strap was BURNING and it’s very obvious that it started burning not long ago and I left my bag far away from the candle. He would have realised if it started burning during the session

was legit in a shock as it just burned in front of me and I just bought that bag not long ago and it is like $100+... There wasn’t any single apologies and I paid like $200 for this massage...

Honestly wasn’t expecting him to compensate for my bag or something but was expecting an apology as I really left my bag far away from the candles before start of massage and it only started burning when I was back from shower....

I’m just trying to rant here since it’s for the review for the masseur. Think I’m not going to his place anymoreeeee. It was legit a terrible experience 😭

Rip my bag 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

$200 for massage? That is like a 5 star hotel spa charges.....i think the minimum now is for masseur to wear a mask and as a paying customer, u have the right to ask for it,  actually is to protect both parties, for most massage shop,  beside masseur,  they also request customer to wear mask. It is extremely risky for both not wearing mask, even both of u maybe OK but it could be the customer before u. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

12 hours ago, tannn17 said:

First time writing “review” here so pardon me if English is not that perfect. I’m not going to mention the name but it’s located @ Bedok north so figure out if you can 😉 

Did went to him for a few times previously so I went back again. There was candles on the table and I leave it quite far away from the candles before I went to wash up to prepare for massage. Everything went on smoothly during the massage till I heard coughing. I mean it’s okay since his throat might be itchy or something. He suddenly sneeze halfway through the massage and I can feel abit of the mucus on my back???? Lol that was the last straw for me and just hoping everything will end ASAP. 

The massage ended and I went to wash up. Was taking my stuff on the table and I realised my bag’s strap was BURNING and it’s very obvious that it started burning not long ago and I left my bag far away from the candle. He would have realised if it started burning during the session

was legit in a shock as it just burned in front of me and I just bought that bag not long ago and it is like $100+... There wasn’t any single apologies and I paid like $200 for this massage...

Honestly wasn’t expecting him to compensate for my bag or something but was expecting an apology as I really left my bag far away from the candles before start of massage and it only started burning when I was back from shower....

I’m just trying to rant here since it’s for the review for the masseur. Think I’m not going to his place anymoreeeee. It was legit a terrible experience 😭

Rip my bag 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

who is it? you can PM me if more convenient, it's a good PSA.

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

13 hours ago, tannn17 said:

Rip my bag 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

how did your bag strap catch fire if you left if far away from the candles?

18 hours ago, tannn17 said:

Rip my bag 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Never before paid $200 for massage in Bedok area, although all my regulars are around this area!

43 minutes ago, gstringuy26 said:

Never before paid $200 for massage in Bedok area, although all my regulars are around this area!

Accidents are often unforseen circumstances and truly what happened to your bag was an utter shock to me too. I was suddenly unable to respond appropriately to you; as my mind was on other customers coming after your session. However after reading your feedback I have offerred to PayNow you for the full cost of your new bag; and even give you a complimentary massage at your next visit. But you have rejected my offer. I am truly sorry and sincerely want to compensate you; and hope you can tell me what is your hp number linked to your PayNow account. I am always committed to customer's satisfaction with my service. For everyone's info my massage for 60mins is only $60; the customer was adding the cost of his bag and that's how he said he has "paid" $200 for the massage.

Burning.jpg.bcd0559e16fb91573c772081be541f66.jpg

Edited by PATRICK VIVIAN LEE

Hi all, thank you for taking time to read my “ranting” post. I feel that there is a need for me to clarify on few pointers: 

- the massage itself did not cost $200. It is the cost of my bag + the massage price. 

- my bag’s brand is ‘porter’ in case you are thinking why is my bag so expensive. 

- I left my bag far away from the candle for sure if not it would have started burning during the session and it would be weird if we don’t smell the burnt smell during the message. 

- he did message me after I posted this thread to compensate me out of goodwill but all I need was really just an apology and not monetary compensation. What will happen if I don’t post this “ranting” post? Lol. Tbh I don’t even get it why he need to post the conversation between us to emphasise that he did intend to provide the compensation and complimentary massage but I rejected it lol 

- Please do note that I’m not trying to spoil someone’s rice bowl as I did not mentioned the name of anyone and whatever mentioned are just my thoughts. 

thank you

4 hours ago, PATRICK VIVIAN LEE said:

Accidents are often unforseen circumstances and truly what happened to your bag was an utter shock to me too. I was suddenly unable to respond appropriately to you; as my mind was on other customers coming after your session. However after reading your feedback I have offerred to PayNow you for the full cost of your new bag; and even give you a complimentary massage at your next visit. But you have rejected my offer. I am truly sorry and sincerely want to compensate you; and hope you can tell me what is your hp number linked to your PayNow account. I am always committed to customer's satisfaction with my service. For everyone's info my massage for 60mins is only $60; the customer was adding the cost of his bag and that's how he said he has "paid" $200 for the massage.

Oh that's u. Ok

1 hour ago, tannn17 said:

Hi all, thank you for taking time to read my “ranting” post. I feel that there is a need for me to clarify on few pointers: 

- the massage itself did not cost $200. It is the cost of my bag + the massage price. 

- my bag’s brand is ‘porter’ in case you are thinking why is my bag so expensive. 

- I left my bag far away from the candle for sure if not it would have started burning during the session and it would be weird if we don’t smell the burnt smell during the message. 

- he did message me after I posted this thread to compensate me out of goodwill but all I need was really just an apology and not monetary compensation. What will happen if I don’t post this “ranting” post? Lol. Tbh I don’t even get it why he need to post the conversation between us to emphasise that he did intend to provide the compensation and complimentary massage but I rejected it lol 

- Please do note that I’m not trying to spoil someone’s rice bowl as I did not mentioned the name of anyone and whatever mentioned are just my thoughts. 

thank you

Pls arrange yr words to avoid misleading others. Yr words gave others the bad impression on the innocent guy. Luckily he came infront n told the truth. 

1 hour ago, cutejack said:

Pls arrange yr words to avoid misleading others. Yr words gave others the bad impression on the innocent guy. Luckily he came infront n told the truth. 

Bad impression? Can you elaborate more on the bad impression portion? I don’t think what I said was giving others bad impression. I’d have just say who is that guy if I wanted to give others a bad impression of him. I chose to keep him anonymous till he came out to say that he wanted to give compensation and I rejected it. 

Does the part of giving me compensation and I rejected it make you feel that he is the innocent party while I’m the bad guy trying to give bad impression to others? 

I’d have made a scene on the spot or accepted the so called compensation if I’m really trying to be the “bad guy” lol

52 minutes ago, tannn17 said:

Bad impression? Can you elaborate more on the bad impression portion? I don’t think what I said was giving others bad impression. I’d have just say who is that guy if I wanted to give others a bad impression of him. I chose to keep him anonymous till he came out to say that he wanted to give compensation and I rejected it. 

Does the part of giving me compensation and I rejected it make you feel that he is the innocent party while I’m the bad guy trying to give bad impression to others? 

I’d have made a scene on the spot or accepted the so called compensation if I’m really trying to be the “bad guy” lol

"There wasn’t any single apologies and I paid like $200 for this massage..." this part.

Guest Kylespatrick30
6 hours ago, cutejack said:

"There wasn’t any single apologies and I paid like $200 for this massage..." this part.

agreed! why be so misleading on your statement tannn17

Edited by Kylespatrick30

It’s a self pwn on the masseurs part. He should just keep his mouth shut. No names were mentioned. Why only offer refund after the fact?

but then again if you look at his individual massage thread he can’t seem to stop posting. Even during CB I notice he’ll be posting updates on the covid situation almost every day to keep his own thread high up on the forum list.

Edited by camus

2 hours ago, camus said:

It’s a self pwn on the masseurs part. He should just keep his mouth shut. No names were mentioned. Why only offer refund after the fact?

but then again if you look at his individual massage thread he can’t seem to stop posting. Even during CB I notice he’ll be posting updates on the covid situation almost every day to keep his own thread high up on the forum list.

Life is a journey of learning lessons so that we keep improving ourselves; and I am one who do not hesitate to admit when I have made a mistake. As it is said, "to err is human and to forgive is divine". I learned in public relations that people are more willing to forgive and move on; if we are humble to take ownership of our mistakes and make rectification where possible.

Life is also not about pleasing everybody but doing what is clear in your conscience. I have several regular customers who have feedback to me that they find the almost daily update of the covid situation very positive and informative. Everyone has their choice and perogative whether to click on my page to read or not. I am among the few home based masseurs providing the service full time; and so I am keen to garner more business. All other masseurs are free to regular update info on their page; its a choice they have to decide for themselves. 

16 hours ago, PATRICK VIVIAN LEE said:

OK so it's a misunderstanding....BTW - I don't recall you have an open flame in your room! 

"I’m not going to mention the name but it’s located @ Bedok north so figure out if you can 😉"

No names mentioned but give hint that the masseur is in Bedok North; there are quite a few masseurs in Bedok area and straight away all of them become a suspect. It is better I identified myself and end all speculation. No shame in admiting mistakes but only in trying to hide and get found out later.

I don't think @tannn17 did any wrong in his review. Did not mention any names and I definitely would have felt indignant if I went all the way there to have a massage only to have my porter bag burnt. 😤 About the masseur not apologising straight up right after the bag (or rather the strap) got burnt was something I thought to be very basic manners. I mean imagine if a waiter accidentally spilled water on your clothes while serving you, the very thing on his mind would have been to apologise to you and not think about how many other dishes that he has to bring out to serve other customers lololol you get the drift?

In any case, @tannn17 would you still engage the masseur for your next massage session (after all he has now apologised)? You can PM me if you don't want to post it in public? Can share with me your porter bag model too. I'm a sucker for porter bags too 😆

1 hour ago, PATRICK VIVIAN LEE said:

"I’m not going to mention the name but it’s located @ Bedok north so figure out if you can 😉"

No names mentioned but give hint that the masseur is in Bedok North; there are quite a few masseurs in Bedok area and straight away all of them become a suspect. It is better I identified myself and end all speculation. No shame in admiting mistakes but only in trying to hide and get found out later.

yeap I agree that no shame in admitting mistake. You can admit to the people that it’s you for this mistake. 

the portion I don’t get it is why must you post the conversation between us to show them that you did want to compensate me but I refused? What will happen if I don’t post this “ranting” post? Nothing will happen and just move on? Lol

What are you trying to prove? To prove that you did try to compensate but I refused and so it’s my problem? Lol you came out with such sad story and you think I will take the money from you? Lol it’s okay. You can continue with the drama and I will be out of it. Enjoy 😄

Edited by tannn17

16 hours ago, Toofer said:

Is it just me or is nobody concerned about the masseur coughing and even sneezing onto client's body during this COVID period? The price to pay will be even higher than the bag if there is any transmission... Masseur should know better than to be so unhygienic.

My concern as well on the whole episode.  I have gone for massage myself.  My masseur wore a mask during the entire massage.  I was also required to wear my mask when the masseur massaged my front.  I am sure the authorities had set some guidelines on the operations and there could be lapses here.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, Benson C said:

My concern as well on the whole episode.  I have gone for massage myself.  My masseur wore a mask during the entire massage.  I was also required to wear my mask when the masseur massaged my front.  I am sure the authorities had set some guidelines on the operations and there could be lapses here.

Thank you for everyone that raised the issue of mask wearing for masseur. It was an area I was careless; but since the feedback I have started wearing a mask during the therapy session, plus disinfect the room with an aerosol spray and the bed with alcohol.

Am always on a journey of learning and will not learning each time I received any correction.

Edited by PATRICK VIVIAN LEE

On 7/21/2020 at 7:19 AM, camus said:

Agree. I thought there was a dedicated thread on Covid for the benefit of more people in this forum and not only for those seeking massage. I was thinking of getting a massage in the future or when I feel safer or more comfortable given the Covid issue, and out of curiosity I checked for possible options. I saw that the thread was quite long so I thought it was because of reviews, only to realise it was mostly about Covid updates. 

Also wondeing if the offer to compensate came after TS posted, because if such was the case, sincerity is undermined. But to be fair to the masseur, at least there was an offer, and he had the strength to come forward. 

When I read the $200 cost, it did not give me the impression that the massage itself cost $200. I assumed it included the cost of the bag/strap (so this whole experience cost him $200).

• G_M pinned and unpinned this topic