Male HQ

Chub Looking To Lose More Weight

NilandNil

Hey Guys! I'm a Chn Chub here.  I've lost about 20 kg in the past 3 months feeling really good and healthy. Mainly eating lesser, some light jogging but majorly playing sports(Badminton & Basketball). Recently the progress however seem to be coming to a slow stop and im hovering between 103 ~ 106.I love doing sports :P but not really into running( tho still doing so but not really enjoying it)  Looking for some tips to lower the weight further :3 . I was thinking of switching up my routine for a while as i sprained my ankles on a couple of occasions so hope to give it some time to recover before continuing. I'm looking into swimming, gym or maybe pick up a new sport. I know how to swim, gym wise basic stuff i can but weights corner LOL clueless  as for any new sport i'm very open to learn. Looking for any buddy who is keen on doing any of them together with me preferably around same age or have experienced hehe but others welcome too or just people who can give me some tips & pointers. Doesn't matter who you are :D. I'm left with about 1 month ~ 2 month before NS and im really looking to bring my weight down to double digit :3 as my first milestone. My next goal is to bring myself down to about 80 and start working on Muscles. Quite daunting to not see any progress for the past 2 weeks so i'm hoping to find people with them hypes and positive energy to keep my motivation going! Any successful weight loss stories and techniques feel free to comment below too!!!

Edited by NilandNil

5 hours ago, NilandNil said:

Hey Guys! I'm a Chn Chub here.  I've lost about 20 kg in the past 3 months feeling really good and healthy. Mainly eating lesser, some light jogging but majorly playing sports(Badminton & Basketball). Recently the progress however seem to be coming to a slow stop and im hovering between 103 ~ 106.I love doing sports :P but not really into running( tho still doing so but not really enjoying it)  Looking for some tips to lower the weight further :3 . I was thinking of switching up my routine for a while as i sprained my ankles on a couple of occasions so hope to give it some time to recover before continuing. I'm looking into swimming, gym or maybe pick up a new sport. I know how to swim, gym wise basic stuff i can but weights corner LOL clueless  as for any new sport i'm very open to learn. Looking for any buddy who is keen on doing any of them together with me preferably around same age or have experienced hehe but others welcome too or just people who can give me some tips & pointers. Doesn't matter who you are :D. I'm left with about 1 month ~ 2 month before NS and im really looking to bring my weight down to double digit :3 as my first milestone. My next goal is to bring myself down to about 80 and start working on Muscles. Quite daunting to not see any progress for the past 2 weeks so i'm hoping to find people with them hypes and positive energy to keep my motivation going! Any successful weight loss stories and techniques feel free to comment below too!!!

You should have started on that long ago actually. Given your weight, your quads are good to go for squats. Check your basic form and you should be fine. When it doubt, speak to a professional trainer at the gym you would workout in. I rather you work on your strength than something which you find more effort in doing. This would make you feel more positive and relates to better outcomes in fitness.

I'll take note of the squats :) but i hardly go to the gym tho. Even when i go, i don't really know what to do lol. Do you have anything basic that i could maybe start with? preferably more towards cardio & strength training? I'm really looking forward to losing the weight. I had a couple of sessions at school facilitated by some professionals and i really enjoyed sweating it out :)  

Edited by NilandNil

2 hours ago, NilandNil said:

I'll take note of the squats :) but i hardly go to the gym tho. Even when i go, i don't really know what to do lol. Do you have anything basic that i could maybe start with? preferably more towards cardio & strength training? I'm really looking forward to losing the weight. I had a couple of sessions at school facilitated by some professionals and i really enjoyed sweating it out :)  

Doing what you enjoy most is a good thing. Which is like you have identified yourself- sports. So you could stick with it. Extra cardio is also fine, but I would want to watch the intensity due to your weight. That was why I mentioned to start weights training early. If your muscles are strong, you can take and withstand the load. Furthermore, the building of muscles would be beneficial to raise your metabolic rate (which is beneficial in burning more calories at rest) and improve your body composition. You could start with body weight exercises first. Google them and you will find plenty to begin with, such as walking lunges, squats. But my recommendation is to head to the gym. We can give you a list of exercises here, but if you are not used to the movement, no amount of video watching would be beneficial. You might require "en scene" feedback on your posture and movement.

Edited by xydboy

or you can try some of the exercise apps out there. I used this one called Freelatics on and off. They have a free version with video to demo.  

https://www.freeletics.com/en?CID=SGP_SEM_0_1&gclid=CNPNm66ludMCFdcTaAodd0UItA

Or you can try https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMiamiTrainer. I started trying some of these for shoulder strengthening exercises that you can use with the parallel bars.

They have an app too. When I first started trying to get fitter, I did a lot of burpees. Overall body workout. Take your time and do. Aim for 50 as a start. Sure sweat :)

On 4/22/2017 at 8:03 AM, xydboy said:

You should have started on that long ago actually. Given your weight, your quads are good to go for squats. Check your basic form and you should be fine. When it doubt, speak to a professional trainer at the gym you would workout in. I rather you work on your strength than something which you find more effort in doing. This would make you feel more positive and relates to better outcomes in fitness.

Played bball today and went home doing a couple of compound exercises(including squats) today and my body is disintegrating LOL xD Still considering about gym :3 but then, 1 meal was all it take to bring me back up to the weight i was this morning hahaha. I know that's not accurate haha and my body is still burning them calories but haha funny how the weight just fluctuates back and forth so quickly. Oh and also, i would like to ask if its normal for me to lose around 3~4 kg after like a couple of hours of sports? i mean i can see where all the weight came from because i can literally squeeze a bucket of water out of my shirt like a running tap literally LOL. Also, its been some time since i took fast foods and stuff but today i ate a mac spicy meal and i feel like as tho i'm having indigestion or feeling stuffed and queasy any idea why? :/ i don't feel the urge to vomit or anything its just my body is asking me to reject any further consumption of food... I will never under any circumstance, starve myself so i am really hoping that i'm not anorexic or some shit :(

On 4/22/2017 at 5:14 PM, sman.sg said:

or you can try some of the exercise apps out there. I used this one called Freelatics on and off. They have a free version with video to demo.  

https://www.freeletics.com/en?CID=SGP_SEM_0_1&gclid=CNPNm66ludMCFdcTaAodd0UItA

Or you can try https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMiamiTrainer. I started trying some of these for shoulder strengthening exercises that you can use with the parallel bars.

They have an app too. When I first started trying to get fitter, I did a lot of burpees. Overall body workout. Take your time and do. Aim for 50 as a start. Sure sweat :)

Worked on those burpees today :3 and saw some of the video links you shared haha looks a little too hardcore for me at the moment haha no way am i able to do what they're doing not with this weight haha maybe when i build more strength and lose all that excess weight, then will these videos be useful for me but thanks for the tip tho appreciate it :)

Edited by NilandNil

34 minutes ago, NilandNil said:

Played bball today and went home doing a couple of compound exercises(including squats) today and my body is disintegrating LOL xD Still considering about gym :3 but then, 1 meal was all it take to bring me back up to the weight i was this morning hahaha. I know that's not accurate haha and my body is still burning them calories but haha funny how the weight just fluctuates back and forth so quickly. Oh and also, i would like to ask if its normal for me to lose around 3~4 kg after like a couple of hours of sports? i mean i can see where all the weight came from because i can literally squeeze a bucket of water out of my shirt like a running tap literally LOL. Also, its been some time since i took fast foods and stuff but today i ate a mac spicy meal and i feel like as tho i'm having indigestion or feeling stuffed and queasy any idea why? :/ i don't feel the urge to vomit or anything its just my body is asking me to reject any further consumption of food... I will never under any circumstance, starve myself so i am really hoping that i'm not anorexic or some shit :(

Worked on those burpees today :3 and saw some of the video links you shared haha looks a little too hardcore for me at the moment haha no way am i able to do what they're doing not with this weight haha maybe when i build more strength and lose all that excess weight, then will these videos be useful for me but thanks for the tip tho appreciate it :)

Weight do fluctuate from time to time, within a day and after activities (e.g. sports). Weight lost after sports isn't a good accurate indicator of how much calories you burnt. You need to watch your diet well. With your weight and activity level, adequate nutrition is important for recovery. And yes, you are still in the phase where you still contemplate about doing serious workout. I think its all about choices in life and how much you want to make that change. Decision lies in you.

Guest Guest

You should still keep up your cardio while eating less calories. When you start developing better muscle mass, you can reduce the cardio, but still have to eat maybe 10% less calories. Use a calorie calculator to determine the appropriate calorie intake for you.

Also, if possible, split your cardio into two sessions. So if you spend an hour a day on cardio, do 30mins in the morning and 30mins in the evening. Having said that, 30mins is kinda short - by the time you get your heart rate up, its times up. Unless you do hiit of course.

The suggestions given by everyone is pretty legit. I've done my fair research on weight loss and have so far realized that it boils down to 2 important aspects 1. 90% is DIET

2. 10% is EXERCISE

As Guest suggests above u must be in a caloric deficit, meaning u have to lessen ur caloric intake so that what u consume is enough to cover your Total Daily Energy Expenditure ( u can find online calculators to do this for you, Google it) and not overeat. At this moment u are at a plateau in your weight loss and it can be frustrating but don't give up, remember that your continued efforts will pay off. Cardio is a great start but cardio only promotes instantaneous weight loss at the moment you are doing cardio whereas weights promotes weight loss even after 48 hours of doing the weight lifting ( it's a complicated mechanism to explain but u can Google it or check YouTube videos on it). And u can start by lifting light weights just by check examplary videos online.  I'm not gonna ramble on too much, I suggest u check these two YouTube channels of Obese to Beast and Fat meets Fire so that u can get motivated to continue on your soon to be rewarding journey. And I wish u success and yeah u can do it. :)

18 hours ago, VanD said:

The suggestions given by everyone is pretty legit. I've done my fair research on weight loss and have so far realized that it boils down to 2 important aspects 1. 90% is DIET

2. 10% is EXERCISE

As Guest suggests above u must be in a caloric deficit, meaning u have to lessen ur caloric intake so that what u consume is enough to cover your Total Daily Energy Expenditure ( u can find online calculators to do this for you, Google it) and not overeat. At this moment u are at a plateau in your weight loss and it can be frustrating but don't give up, remember that your continued efforts will pay off. Cardio is a great start but cardio only promotes instantaneous weight loss at the moment you are doing cardio whereas weights promotes weight loss even after 48 hours of doing the weight lifting ( it's a complicated mechanism to explain but u can Google it or check YouTube videos on it). And u can start by lifting light weights just by check examplary videos online.  I'm not gonna ramble on too much, I suggest u check these two YouTube channels of Obese to Beast and Fat meets Fire so that u can get motivated to continue on your soon to be rewarding journey. And I wish u success and yeah u can do it. :)

Thanks for the encouragement VanD :D ill take a look at the channels during my spare time.

19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You should still keep up your cardio while eating less calories. When you start developing better muscle mass, you can reduce the cardio, but still have to eat maybe 10% less calories. Use a calorie calculator to determine the appropriate calorie intake for you.

Also, if possible, split your cardio into two sessions. So if you spend an hour a day on cardio, do 30mins in the morning and 30mins in the evening. Having said that, 30mins is kinda short - by the time you get your heart rate up, its times up. Unless you do hiit of course.

Calorie calculator haha problems of a food lover :3 i will try my best to keep my calorie intake low and sufficient. The problem for me is that when i try to keep the calorie intake low, i tend to snack heavily sometime after which is normally late at night which yeah really pose a problem for me xD i'm not exactly an early sleeper so i guess i need to do something about that haha

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard of a routine of sorts that was relayed to me from a friend of a relative.

Basically, what they did was they ate healthy but full breakfasts and lunches. Then, for dinner, they'd eat a reasonable amount of water-heavy fruits. By doing that, they'd fill up their stomachs.

So this person did this for about a month or two, mixing in some walks and lost about I think, 20 kilos.

I'm not sure if it'll work but I'm trying it out. Good luck to everyone out there who's trying to lose weight like me.

i was chub all the way until i hit 40 when i discovered lowcarb dieting. https://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index or the facebook page ketogains (read the faq)

you keep your carbs at 25g or lower, you meet your protein macros according to calculator, and fat to fill up the balance of your calories (you do not have to meet fat macros but you must meet your protein macros).

I'm doing it to the lazy way by eliminating sugar, bulk starches/flours (no bread, no cake, no noodles. no rice, no pasta) , no root vegetables (no carrot, no onions, potatos, hummus, quinoa, beans)

basically meat and green leafy veges/broccoli, halotop ice cream, low carb protein powder, iced americano no sugar. but i'll cheat on weekends with expensive cake or chocolate icecream (not recommended for people but i work out 2-3 hours daily so I can get away with it for now). 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.