Male HQ

I am very attas! I don't like to queue up for Din Tai Fang seat

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I am frequently dine in resraurants. Inam always appalled by the service at Din Tai Fang. All my life dining i had never came across queueing up for a table. I would expect this is mass low class restaurant but not in a world reknown 1 star restaurant like Din Tai Fang!

The restaurant experience is already damaged when there is a need to queue. This would no doubt destroy the dining experience

I cannot understand why Din Tai Fang cannot solve this issue eventhough I had voiced my displeasure and concern to them. It looks like they do not value the amount of money I spent in their restaurant.

What is happening to the pride of Taiwan????

• G_M changed the title to I am very attas! I don't like to queue up for Din Tai Fang seat
Guest Guest
8 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

giphy.gif

This is not yelp but OK lol. Btw a very "atas" person wouldn't care about this petty stuff and just go somewhere else tbh. 

Fyi, the headline was changed by the moderators..I did not claim to be atas. My original headline was 'Bad service'...i had askes Din Tai Fang if i could hire 1 of their chefs to come to my house to make the xiao long bao as I am a regular customer. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Fyi, the headline was changed by the moderators..I did not claim to be atas. My original headline was 'Bad service'...i had askes Din Tai Fang if i could hire 1 of their chefs to come to my house to make the xiao long bao as I am a regular customer. 

Tbh, I can understand why they changed it. The headline now is pretty much spot on.

I'll save my comments for myself, they aren't good.

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, dynox said:

Tbh, I can understand why they changed it. The headline now is pretty much spot on.

I'll save my comments for myself, they aren't good.

You mean i cannot complaint? I have rights as a consumer! Are you even a regular of Din Tai Fung or just go there once a year for some celebration? I doubt you have the funds to dine there from the way you write.

I love this. Reminds me of my retail days where customers says they don't like the place but somehow still felt like they're entitled to telling you how much they dont like it every other week. If the business can't make you happy why do you still frequent it? :lol: :lol::lol:

I m sure if u can afford to pay, they would be more happy to provide the service.....queueing is just part of marketing strategy, sometime it is not because of many customer but because their service is slow and that could be a deliberate move, given 2 stalls selling exactly the same stuff with same price and standard, one with long queue and the other without, psychologically people will be attracted to the one with long queue, thinking that should be better....I m not a queue person, any queue with more than 5 person u probably will not see me there...

20 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The moderator, me just word the title exactly what it is.

12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You mean i cannot complaint? I have rights as a consumer! Are you even a regular of Din Tai Fung or just go there once a year for some celebration? I doubt you have the funds to dine there from the way you write.

Haha, a personal jab? wow, not even going to try to give a proper rebuttal? Yeah man, you're consumer - you have the right to demand whatever you want they are expected to give it you. You know what's best right? It's all you, it's all about your needs and what you want.

53 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You can complaint... of course it is your rights.....

The question is whether or not ppl take your words seriously...

Are you a hermit? Go around popular cafes and shopping malls during dinner time you will see long queues be it restaurants or kopitiam, not only ding tai fung.

The main reason is due to high influx of foreigners especially from malaysia, china, india and pinoys. This is what the government want.

Guest guest

Newsflash OP, Ding Tai Fung isn't very high end and neither are you. There is a queue precisely because heartlanders can afford to go there 2-3 times a month for their special family dinners.

Truth is, you need them more than they need you. They lose one "regular" customer? No problem, customers like you are a dime a dozen. They'll till be very profitable without your business. That is why you get told to fuck off when you complain about the queue or demand a chef come cook at your house... you're just not valuable enough for them to indulge you.

Guest Heart Of Gratitude
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

The restaurant experience is already damaged when there is a need to queue. This would no doubt destroy the dining experience

Just make a reservation if you don't wanna queue. And things change over the years. Get a grip of reality or dine in another restaurant. There are plenty of choices. Be grateful with the life in SG.

Guest Atas Mama
1 hour ago, Guest Lol said:

Are you a hermit? Go around popular cafes and shopping malls during dinner time you will see long queues be it restaurants or kopitiam, not only ding tai fung.

The main reason is due to high influx of foreigners especially from malaysia, china, india and pinoys. This is what the government want.

No leh...mostly locals

Guest Guest

Service standards in Singapore is bad. I go to Din Tai Fung because I want to support Taiwanese businesses. Din Tai Fung is an iconic brand, I know there is a demand becaus3 itbhas 1 michelin star. People of class and status tend to eat restaurants of certain class. What they need to sort out is a seperate queue for the rest of the people while customers like myself is of seperate queue..the restaurant could allocate like 1/4 of seats to the regular folks while people of high spending power can have the 3/4 seats. Mind you, my bill comes out to several times the size of the average cheque so it make perfect business sense.

If you are the business owner who do you want? The guy who orders $20 or the guy who orders $200?

This queue system is easily solved so I do not understand why such an iconic restaurant take so long to solve.

Guest Guest

The more successful one is, the more status one has, the more nay sayers will attack. It is a natural process. Why? Humans are naturally jealous creatures..i blame the government for these thoughts as our education system do not teach us to think. Our education system teach us to be like sheeps

OP, you are exactly suffering from 公主病,princess syndrome.  Everything ought to go your way and no but..

It's time to wake up to the fact that the world does not evolve around you.  Bloody hell your bill is only so meagre and yet make so much noise.  Next time, let uncle show you the better Chinese restaurant like 陆羽 LuYu and Spring Court.  

Like they say. "Once you try BLACK, you never go back"..so once you have better steam buns and dim sum in better restaurants, your ATAS-ness will prohibit you to remain in that class that patronises Din Tai Fung.. 

16123916_1866563036921644_3481493914542669824_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzMjQ5MDEyOTQ5ODc5ODA1Nw%3D%3D.2

Image result for 永春园 chinatown

附上我的偶像徐小凤阿姨翻唱的“叉烧包” (原唱:张仲文,原曲:Rosemary Clooney's Mambo Italiano)。。 Enjoy this playful tune..

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, barocco80 said:

This is one of the reasons why sometimes i feel so ashamed to be associated with PLU :)

Please la... You really think straight people are any less bitchier? :doh:

Seriously just cum who want to act atas and expect everything goes his way, typical ugly singaporean. If you really rich you will have already booked the whole restaurant to yourself so you can support Taiwan and dine in peace as well. 

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I am frequently dine in resraurants. Inam always appalled by the service at Din Tai Fang. All my life dining i had never came across queueing up for a table. I would expect this is mass low class restaurant but not in a world reknown 1 star restaurant like Din Tai Fang!

I cannot understand why Din Tai Fang cannot solve this issue eventhough I had voiced my displeasure and concern to them. It looks like they do not value the amount of money I spent in their restaurant.

Why don't you just don't book the table. You know what I mean. Book the whole restaurant.

10 hours ago, abang said:

So simple right?

Just go to the next Dim Sum place, i.e. Tim Ho Wan..

But then again, ATTAS people don't really patronise such commoner restaurants! 

For a better service, try Tong Lok..sure to burn a hole in the pocket!

That one Tim Ho Wan still OK. Just ask him to go like rws or mbs Chinese restaurant. Then the people like to chop this kinda of rich atas people like carrot.

9 hours ago, Guest Heart Of Gratitude said:

Just make a reservation if you don't wanna queue. And things change over the years. Get a grip of reality or dine in another restaurant. There are plenty of choices. Be grateful with the life in SG.

Don't think they allow reservation. Unless you are super vip like the owners or stake holders. These kinda of small flies claim as regular the people totally bo chup. Unless he book the entir restaurant.

Edited by Chocolateabs

41 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Seriously just cum who want to act atas and expect everything goes his way, typical ugly singaporean. If you really rich you will have already booked the whole restaurant to yourself so you can support Taiwan and dine in peace as well. 

The service will curse and swear on the food while cooking. He will never know what we do in the kitchen

Edited by Chocolateabs

It's quite presumptuous of you to assume that you are spending way more than other ppl. They probably have a long list of regulars who spend few times way more than you too. So what makes that you are so special? Besides, no matter how much you claimed you have spent there, your amount is probably "peanuts" compared to the what the not "atas" masses had spent combined.

else, look at it from other perspectives.  Either more and more ppl here are becoming "atas", and you need to buck up on your "atasness", or the said restaurant is not actually as iconic as your assumption per say.

be happy and enjoy life to the fullest, but put in some considerations for others' feelings too. Cheers.

Edited by mansoar

Guest DinTaiFungAtasMeh

Hire your personal chef. Problem solved. Atas people won't have this problem because as long as it can be solved by money, it's not a problem. Meaning you are not as atas as you say, only full of ur own arse. 

Guest Atas Fashionista Gay

This "atas person" sounded exactly like the self-professed fashionista who posted a troll thread few days ago. Similar deluded train of thoughts from both. Obviously an attention seeking troll!

such a drama queen...

TS, if you have the "funds" to splurge on Ding Tai Fung on a much more regular basis compared to us "mass markets", you might want to consider putting some of that "funds" to get yourself some proper education.

stop whining like such a spoilt brat, it shows how immature and unatas you are... 

Guest Old cow

Some people just love the presentation and price tag more than the actual product. Such people are usually uneducated and dull, like most older singaporeans.

The habit of whining is NOT directly proportional to one's education or the lack of it.  This undesired trait is a common  manifestation of insecurity.    The really ATAS people don't even bother with such issues .. they are more ATAS in the EQ department than minions who complained about queuing  at restaurants...

智商, 情商。。成功人士都具有。。

无理由的投诉也只是庸人自扰 。。丑人多做怪。。

Guest Yang Guo
5 minutes ago, abang said:

The habit of whining is NOT directly proportional to one's education or the lack of it.  This undesired trait is a common  manifestation of insecurity.    The really ATAS people don't even bother with such issues .. they are more ATAS in the EQ department than minions who complained about queuing  at restaurants...

智商, 情商。。成功人士都具有。。

无理由的投诉也只是庸人自扰 。。丑人多做怪。。

Most of our minitoots also the same kind of mentality.

I don't know if you know this, even Taiwanese do not opt for DTF's Xiao Long Bao cause it's quite over-rated for them. They prefer the ones in the night market. 

If you're the so-called "orang kaya di atas", why not go for these: https://blog.moneysmart.sg/dining/5-of-singapores-most-ridiculously-expensive-restaurants/ 

I'm sure you'd have better experience than you're having with DTF.  

不要为了这么一丁点的事,凸现了你自己的品格有多丑恶的高尚;就连鼎家的小笼包的价格及食评都远远昂贵过您的人品了,可悲。

Guest Rich man
On 4/23/2017 at 0:05 PM, Guest Guest said:

Your problem IS you are poor and low class, yet you hope desperately to be treated like a rich man.

You must CHANGE! I give you 2 options:

(1) Rich man like me only book top restaurants with private rooms. Or, you can book the whole restaurant like I do AS AND WHEN I am in the mood. I NEVER waited like you..Eeeeee you are so low class.....

(2) Accept the fact that you are a peasant, this is your destiny.  You pay the same like other peasants, so you queue like other peasants.

Guest Suggester

Why don't you just send your maid/driver to queue first...? As to how u say you have spending power 10 times others? what the hell you can order and finish in ding tai fung that is 10 times more? None of the items in DTF is extraordinarily expensive, unless you eat nothing but truffle xiao long bao.

• Guest locked this topic