Male HQ

Looking for Gym Membership

AlifBttm

To all fitness personal, just to ask and check.. For you guys which gym is better as in equipment, the crowds and also the shower facilities. For me i'm abit shy when going to crowded gym like Clubfit. Less people is better. Btw I like to go gym during weekends early morning at about 7am and I do not go on weekdays as I'? Working and no khakis to go with. Any nice recommendation gym anyone? Hope to get somewhere north area. T.I.A

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Join anytime fitness, you can go during odd hours where the gym is not crowded at all.

Just to check how about the shower room?? Locker room is it big 

• G_M changed the title to Which gym to join?
13 hours ago, manjam84 said:

Raffles place tanjong pagar and holland V. $200pm type I think

Waahh tts really ex lei.. Hahahaha i think e most i cn go is AF hahaha

3 hours ago, amr94 said:

Depends on the timings. During peak hrs on weekdays, yep. But as long as you're willing to share / hang around a bit, should be fine.

Cool.. Thx for sharing ya @amr94 but i think i wanna join AF as its 24hrs gym.. But maybe shall try go daily entry at Safra Gym

On 5/9/2017 at 0:21 PM, Guest Guest said:

Is Virgin Active more expensive than Pure Fitness?

Yep .. Pure im paying abt 183.83/ month ... Virgin abt 200+/ month. 

Pure has 2 clubs Asia Square and OFC. I heard they planned to open another one at ngee ann. I missed the old (now closed) outlet at Knightsbridge. 

On 5/11/2017 at 0:07 AM, EugeneSin said:

Pure has 2 clubs Asia Square and OFC. I heard they planned to open another one at ngee ann. I missed the old (now closed) outlet at Knightsbridge. 

I'm in my 3rd year of pure yoga/fitness (24 month contract) so there's like a 10% off.so i think $168/mth incl gst.

Edited by Chris Low

8 hours ago, Chris Low said:

I'm in my 3rd year of pure yoga/fitness (24 month contract) so there's like a 10% off.so i think $168/mth incl gst.

Im on the 12 months contract haha .. Last time im on the 24 months then u know la after knightbridge close down and california thing. I scared scared.. 

On 2017-5-11 at 0:07 AM, EugeneSin said:

Icic.. But abit ex for me lei.. Hehehe

On 2017-5-11 at 0:55 AM, CordonBleu said:

Bishan gymmboxx is definitely crowded after 6pm, but Bedok point gymmboxx seems fine on peak hours though. 

@CordonBleu cool.. Thank u for the info ya..

17 hours ago, Chris Low said:

@ChrisLow wah i think this Pure Fitness abit 'atas' ah

Guest Guest
On 11/05/2017 at 0:07 AM, EugeneSin said:

The OFC branch is cosy like the old Knightsbridge one. Pure is pretty premium too.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The OFC branch is cosy like the old Knightsbridge one. Pure is pretty premium too.

But nowadays any gym will be crowded..

On 5/12/2017 at 4:47 PM, EugeneSin said:

Im on the 12 months contract haha .. Last time im on the 24 months then u know la after knightbridge close down and california thing. I scared scared.. 

I do 24 months contract with pure. cali I definitely got my money worth ($3600 for infinity membership since 2004).

for gym memberships now i pay by amex cos at least their protection is way better than local banks . amex gives 540 days to dispute any charges. so if pure close down. a 2 year membership would have sufficient utilisation that the risk is low. (ie: at most you lose 190 days of usage out of 720 for a 2 year subscription)

Guest Yogi2
20 hours ago, Chris Low said:

I do 24 months contract with pure. cali I definitely got my money worth ($3600 for infinity membership since 2004).

for gym memberships now i pay by amex cos at least their protection is way better than local banks . amex gives 540 days to dispute any charges. so if pure close down. a 2 year membership would have sufficient utilisation that the risk is low. (ie: at most you lose 190 days of usage out of 720 for a 2 year subscription)

The handstand in your profile pic appears textbook perfect, palms, shoulder and hips all in a straight line, very cool. 3 years at Pure and you achieved that, or did you previously have some gymnastics/yoga training?

On 5/15/2017 at 1:07 PM, Guest Yogi2 said:

The handstand in your profile pic appears textbook perfect, palms, shoulder and hips all in a straight line, very cool. 3 years at Pure and you achieved that, or did you previously have some gymnastics/yoga training?

oh no, my handstand correction from banana to straight is done at bodytreegst.com. about a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

New Sign-Up 1-year EnergyOne Silver membership @ only $400 nett and get an additional 2 months! (SAVE $434.60)

Terms & Conditions

• Valid from 1 Apr 2017 – 31 Dec 2018.
  • Only applicable for SAFRA members.
  • Validity period of SAFRA membership must be longer than selected EnergyOne membership duration.
  • Membership is on-going and subject to renewal at $96.30 (main) per quarter.
  • NS50 vouchers are valid for membership.
  • Not applicable with any other EnergyOne promotion
  • Other Terms and Conditions Apply.

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

New Sign-Up 1-year EnergyOne Silver membership @ only $400 nett and get an additional 2 months! (SAVE $434.60)

Terms & Conditions

• Valid from 1 Apr 2017 – 31 Dec 2018.
  • Only applicable for SAFRA members.
  • Validity period of SAFRA membership must be longer than selected EnergyOne membership duration.
  • Membership is on-going and subject to renewal at $96.30 (main) per quarter.
  • NS50 vouchers are valid for membership.
  • Not applicable with any other EnergyOne promotion
  • Other Terms and Conditions Apply.

@lonelyglobe thank you for this but for me im not sure where is this Energyone.. Is it at Safra?

18 hours ago, Lonelyboy90 said:

just when i signed up for other gym den got this promo. walao. win alr.

the promo is till end of next year dec 2018, one of the longest promo I ever seen...

17 hours ago, AlifBttm said:

@lonelyglobe thank you for this but for me im not sure where is this Energyone.. Is it at Safra?

yap, u can check out safra website for their location...

14 hours ago, cookies74 said:

I don't have Safra card so EnergyOne not applicable right?

Not that its not applicable, you will have to join Safra first, or pay a membership rate that is for non-Safra member, which should be higher lah. It's just that for most singapore guys who served NS, will have either a Safra or Hometeam membership automatically.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

15 hours ago, AlifBttm said:

It should be at wherever there is a Safra gym, just that Energyone is the name of the operator licensed with Safra. 

For Hometeam, the licensed operator is Fitnessworkz. But they also opened up a pricing for Safra members (more ex tho)

https://www.hometeamns.sg/fitness-workz-gym/

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

11 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Not that its not applicable, you will have to join Safra first, or pay a membership rate that is for non-Safra member, which should be higher lah. It's just that for most singapore guys who served NS, will have either a Safra or Hometeam membership automatically.

Most guys have but I opted out of Safra membership during BMT. Hate being forced/obligated to sign up for something I don't use.

They did offer me for 2 year free while in service and I don't even use it.

6 minutes ago, cookies74 said:

Most guys have but I opted out of Safra membership during BMT. Hate being forced/obligated to sign up for something I don't use.

They did offer me for 2 year free while in service and I don't even use it.

It is quite useful, depending on promotions can book chalets/hotel rooms cheaper, or pay reduced price for movie tix.

During SG50 or something, they gave us credits or coupons, and I used it all (sgd80) to retain & upgrade my membership.

This was for HomeTeam, as I do use the pool and facilities often.

Safra facilities are nice, should go and try! 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

4 hours ago, tomcat said:

It should be at wherever there is a Safra gym, just that Energyone is the name of the operator licensed with Safra. 

For Hometeam, the licensed operator is Fitnessworkz. But they also opened up a pricing for Safra members (more ex tho)

hahahaha. i actually signed up for fitness werks already.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

7 hours ago, tomcat said:

@tomcat thank u once again for e link.. N for ur pic, thats a nice dick

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.