Male HQ

Compression shorts in the gym

Hey, do you guys think it is OK to wear compression shorts in the gym as-is without shorts over them?

Do the straight guys and gals stare at you like.... "this guy freaking gay"?

Got one pair for training on impulse because my thighs looks pretty hot in them.

9 hours ago, Silverarrowdan said:

Hey, do you guys think it is OK to wear compression shorts in the gym as-is without shorts over them?

Got one pair for training on impulse because my thighs looks pretty hot in them.

flaunt it if you have nice one

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 8:26 AM, Silverarrowdan said:

Haha I have same concerns as you. So far, have three pairs but all worn with rugby shorts over. Dont dare leh, I tried at home and looked kinda too revealing. 

But outside of aesthetics, love them. helps to warm the thighs and i feel safer (weird) with it on. but even my canterbury rugby shorts on its own, I feel is way too short..

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

Haha I have same concerns as you. So far, have three pairs but all worn with rugby shorts over. Dont dare leh, I tried at home and looked kinda too revealing. 

But outside of aesthetics, love them. helps to warm the thighs and i feel safer (weird) with it on. but even my canterbury rugby shorts on its own, I feel is way too short..

flaunt your sexy legs and butt if you are confident

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Silverarrowdan said:

Just did my legs day in my compression shorts. Good feeling!

Hopefully I can control myself when a hottie walks by....

16 hours ago, Balestier said:

that's the other thing of compression shorts. cover with towel

means you pull it very up... perhaps no need to pul lit so high unless you got no thigh gap

• 5 weeks later...

i wear compression shorts without underwear.

But so far only wear those like 2XU and skin as they are thicker and tighter i suppose.

i have never tried brands like nike and under armour before, especially under armour many times wanted to buy but when come feel its compression tights and their boxer brief underwear.

I do not feel much difference.  so i do not want to end up like wearing an underwear in gym.

There also a few times i actually wear the compression shorts home from gym or run.  literally i am just wearing a thicker boxer briefs.

anyone that wore both 2XU and under armour compression tights before care to share the difference n how u feel?

On 13/08/2017 at 10:14 PM, quanjishou said:

But so far only wear those like 2XU and skin as they are thicker and tighter i suppose.

i have never tried brands like nike and under armour before, especially under armour many times wanted to buy but when come feel its compression tights and their boxer brief underwear.

I do not feel much difference.  so i do not want to end up like wearing an underwear in gym.

There also a few times i actually wear the compression shorts home from gym or run.  literally i am just wearing a thicker boxer briefs.

anyone that wore both 2XU and under armour compression tights before care to share the difference n how u feel?

the aulity of compression is totally different man

UA is like a layer over your legs, if ytou have thick legs, it will feel tight

2XU is serios compression, stretching in it can be hard cause resticts your planes of motion and the range

the MCS and the Lock compression series are real compression, you can feel the squeeze and the feeling of it keeping your leg together

MCS is the gold and black

2XU-MA3062b-BLK-GLD-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=14

lock compression is a new series, and has many many sketch lines of the X all over it

MA4510b_BLK_NRO_4.jpg?v=1489574606

most of us wear for comfort and that it allows us to move the rangeo of motion we wants so UA  stuff is good enough to cover

no need spend so much money on just underwear tights, qoo10 plenty also

UA underwear and UA tights are not the same material, i do wear double to make my down there less obvious less popping out LOL

i wesr S underwear then M tights of course underwear must be shorter then the tights

alot of people who wear full length leg tights/compression wear another layer inside too, to keep the cock in its place so the skin of the balls wont stick to the skin of the thighs

guys with no thigh gap tend to do that, cause when you pull it all up, there is a space for the cock, but it will compress your cock inside that tiny space and sweaty and sticky on the thigh

hence for comfort, 2 layer is worn, the inner layer is pull all the way up where the fabric is between the balls and the thighs

Edited by heliumduck

Compression shorts from 2xu and Under Armour (UA) are different. I have both of them and here's my finding:

1. From 2XU - material is tougher and it really compressed everything. This, bulge is less obvious. It's safe to wear it without any external shorts. 

2. From UA - material is thinner and thus, it shows curves and shapes more easily. Although it will hug your thigh nicely, it's does not compressed your crotch area. Probably that is another reason why your junk will show. Thus, for those perky cock and well-endowed guys, you may not want to wear something externally. 

That's my finding. 

On 25/08/2017 at 8:00 AM, Silverarrowdan said:

I was just wondering if it is possible to wear black compression shorts for swimming as though they are swimming trunks?

I don't think you will feel comfortable in compression wear while swimming? The material is quite different leh I think.

Buying compression shorts have to be careful. 

Lately,  my friends tried it from addidas,  Nike and UA,  the staffs then told my friends they need to be worn with an additional shorts outside because they are undergarment.   My friends said no wonder the materials are a bit translucent when u put it on.. 

2XU is safe which is definitely a compression shorts which can be worn just with it alone

Edited by tampguy

44 minutes ago, Leanmeat said:

I also dun have big bulge. Anyway if really wanna wear it, then wear a shorts over isnt it look less sexy. Might as well just wear shorts, may look better.

I wear compression over shorts, specifically for HIIT training or trekking/trail training.

Have less cramps and can do longer, recovery is also better.

I wear shorts over so that when I am tired or take breaks, esp in jungles or trail

i am not sitting directly on the ground.  

Even though these tights/shorts border on fetish wear,

you have to also consider that it is primarily created for sports performance.

It's not just about looks..

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Compressed
On 08/09/2017 at 11:39 AM, tomcat said:

I wear compression over shorts,

Compression over your shorts? Like superman's red underwear? :whistle:

On 25/08/2017 at 8:00 AM, Silverarrowdan said:

I was just wondering if it is possible to wear black compression shorts for swimming as though they are swimming trunks?

I've asked 2XU before and they don't recommend it, the chlorinated water damages the material and affects performance, according to them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 8:26 AM, Silverarrowdan said:

Get stares all the time, but for the better it motivates me to work my leg day even harder

It's less conspicuous wearing a thong though, jockstraps highlight the glutes blaringly though I prefer wearing them straps to the gym

Functional wise, there's less chafing, allows greater ease of movements and less cramps

• 7 months later...
On 9/27/2017 at 11:31 AM, aelwaien said:

It's less conspicuous wearing a thong though, jockstraps highlight the glutes blaringly though I prefer wearing them straps to the gym

You wear a thong under the compression shorts? Won’t the thong back look so obvious?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, Momopolare said:

There is nothing wrong with wearing compression shorts by itself. 

There are many guys who does that, even for me as well.

Just wear it with confidence and don't mind those who does not matter.

I saw someone at bus stop wearing that 

On 8/25/2017 at 8:00 AM, Silverarrowdan said:

I have worn compression shorts to swim. Those from UA, quite comfortable. Not much of an issue.

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

Love, Joy and Peace.

• 2 years later...
Guest chong yik
On 8/13/2017 at 10:14 PM, quanjishou said:

2XU so expensive and a lot imitation product. Never try yet.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest GuestTights

I have a few pair of compression tights (though not like 2XU kind of tightness), more of UA and Nike. 
I wonder how do you wear it properly. If i the tights without underwear, i cant park it upwards as it will move around. When parked down, it is obvious to see something sticking out especially if the tights is brightly colored. 

I want to wear the tight without having to wear shorts over when doing legs day. But to wear jockstrap/underwear under the tight, people might see the shape of the innerwear. How do you guys curb this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wear. Haha I sometimes wear trunk or jock strap or low waist trunk coz it is tight uplift your butt hehe if running depends coz to avoid shafing. So brief or jocktrap or thong is bad..too. wick moisture

I wear tights too. Not frequent. When I feel the atmosphere is right, or the things I am going to do for the day. I am like you, a few pairs only. 

On 11/21/2021 at 8:43 PM, Guest GuestTights said:

I have a few pair of compression tights (though not like 2XU kind of tightness), more of UA and Nike. 
I wonder how do you wear it properly. If i the tights without underwear, i cant park it upwards as it will move around. When parked down, it is obvious to see something sticking out especially if the tights is brightly colored. 

I do not know what colour or material you have, if it is black colour, wearing it during night walk, nobody bother to see.

There is one type of underwear (from Taobao), it is silky-soft. With this type of underwear, nobody can tell. The problem is, you don't have an account, and I can't you photo. 

On 11/21/2021 at 8:43 PM, Guest GuestTights said:

I want to wear the tight without having to wear shorts over when doing legs day. But to wear jockstrap/underwear under the tight, people might see the shape of the innerwear. How do you guys curb this? 

When you wear tights, do not wear shorts. Many men did it, probably they are shy about exposing crotch. When people wear tights, I don't look at their shape of inner wear.

For women, I will take a second look of their innerwear. If not a thong, then it is ugly. For female wearing light colour yoga pants, the VPL is obvious and no dressing sense.  

Back again, for men in tights, nobody really care the inner wear.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.