Male HQ

Drone with camera

Guest Guest

1 hour ago, axefactor said:

My area is situated in the no fly zone. Does that even mean that i cant even fly my drone under the HD void decks or any open field?

You might have passed the general no-fly zone rule but there are other rules that STILL apply which you can find at the CIAS website for drone flying information in Singapore.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, axefactor said:

Ok, thanks guys. Too much restrictions here and there and definitely has killed my interests in getting a drone. Think I will spend my money on a new Ipad instead. :D

In a sense true thus I get a lot less fly time made worst by the COVID19. Also depend on what your intent of use with flying drones. Difference people fly with difference interest in mind. I used to fly model planes and helicopters so it was a natural 'upgrade'. Depending on your interest some are limiting in this small island. If you are good with drone flying and video work, it can be fun especially when you travel which is my main reason drone flying apart from photography. With COVID around that bit is about out of the question. Singapore being too small thus all the restriction due to security and airports. It was not so bad previously but thanks to idiots escalating the situaton to such a kiasu level (just like eScooter) who flew their drones AT THE AIRPORT SPACE! @!@#@$.

With fines like 10k to 20k per pop..you have to be very sure when you take-off. heheh

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, upshot said:

In a sense true thus I get a lot less fly time made worst by the COVID19. Also depend on what your intent of use with flying drones. Difference people fly with difference interest in mind. I used to fly model planes and helicopters so it was a natural 'upgrade'. Depending on your interest some are limiting in this small island. If you are good with drone flying and video work, it can be fun especially when you travel which is my main reason drone flying apart from photography. With COVID around that bit is about out of the question. Singapore being too small thus all the restriction due to security and airports. It was not so bad previously but thanks to idiots escalating the situaton to such a kiasu level (just like eScooter) who flew their drones AT THE AIRPORT SPACE! @!@#@$.

With fines like 10k to 20k per pop..you have to be very sure when you take-off. heheh

Yes, covid has certainly impacted lots of people's lifestyle.

For me getting a drone would mostly be used for travel purposes. But with travel being non existent for at least a few years, it certainly doesnt make sense to get a drone now. :)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, KopiAddict said:

Does anyone here have a DJI spark?? I need to borrow a battery to do the firmware upgrade... my batteries won’t charge cause it isn’t updated but I can’t update it without a working battery LOL

I can lend you mine if you haven’t got any yet.

Be cool, like a breeze...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.